他可以自己应付她 不需要我帮忙
He can stick up for himself without my help.
您对拍电影不感兴趣吗
Doesn’t filming interest you?
我看了看
I watched some of it.
我宁可去吃石头
I’d rather eat pebbles.
我还是上♥床♥吧
In fact, I think I’ll retire to my bed.
至少待到他们走了为止
At least until they’ve all gone.
我需要担心吗
Should I be worried?
弗洛伦斯·南丁格尔38岁就上♥床♥了
Well, Florence Nightingale took to her bed at the age of 38.
她90岁才死呢
She died at 90.
您会告诉我吧
You would tell me, wouldn’t you?
你觉得呢
What do you think?
去吧
Go on.
你呢 格兰瑟姆伯爵
And you, Lord Grantham?
你熟悉南法吗
Are you familiar with the south of France?
我知道1830年代布鲁厄姆男爵做大♥法♥官时
I know Lord Brougham first made it fashionable
最先让来南法成为了潮流
in the 1830s when he was chancellor.
所以你只是在拿回本就属于你的东西吗
So you’re only taking back what is yours by right?
我不会这么说
I wouldn’t say that,
但我理解这为什么让你不高兴
but I do see why you find it upsetting.
但你还是来了
But here you are,
打量家具 丈量窗帘
eyeing up the furniture, measuring the curtains.
妈妈 拜托
Maman, please.
我们还可以买♥♥别的别♥墅♥
We can always buy another villa.
我们来是应你儿子的邀请
We’re here because your son invited us.
但我想我也是想知道
But I suppose I would like to know
你丈夫为什么这么做
why your husband did what he did.
我已经叫律师过几天来一趟了
I’ve asked our lawyer to join us here in a few days.
我觉得这样甚好
I think it’s an excellent idea.
在此之前 希望你们都住得愉快
Until then, I hope you’ll enjoy your stay.
您的管家让我们的日常更加气派了 这可真棒
Your butler lends a welcome air of splendor to the proceedings.
如果你想 可以让他退下
But he can stand down if you prefer.
何必呢 别♥墅♥已经是你外孙女的了
Why, when the villa already belongs to your granddaughter?
巴格肖夫人 快来坐吧
Lady Bagshaw, please come and sit here.
真抱歉
I am so sorry.
我就闭眼躺了五分钟 就睡过去了
I laid down for five minutes, shut my eyes, and that was it.
睡得沉沉的
I was gone.
欢迎来到鸽子别♥墅♥
Welcome to the Villa of the Doves.
-你们经常来吧 -是的
– You must come here a lot. – We do.
之前是的 在你们出现之前
Or rather, we did, before you entered our lives.
自我有记忆以来 每年冬天都来
Always in the winter for as long as I can remember.
但现在 夏季来玩也时髦了起来
But now coming in the warmer months is catching on.
我打算就此写篇文章呢
I’m planning an article on that.
您是作家吗 赫克瑟姆夫人
You’re a writer, Lady Hexham?
说是记者还差不多
More of a journalist, I’m afraid.
我有本杂♥志♥ 我打算重新掌控它
I have a magazine, and I’m taking back control of it.
你的文章是写什么的
What’s your article about?
斯考特·菲茨杰拉德 塞尔达 可可·香奈儿
Oh, uh, Scott Fitzgerald, Zelda, Coco Chanel.
所有让酒店七月继续迎客的人
All the people that got the hotels to stay open in July.
我可以发布一些别♥墅♥的照片吗
Can I publish some pictures of the villa?
这可以吗
Might that be possible?
当然
Of course.
你发布前要让我们看看照片
If we can see the images before you use them.
他显然不是第一次跟记者打交道了
Ah, you’re obviously not the first journalist he’s met.
请出示影票
Tickets, please.
我们只能改日再欣赏
We’re going to have to defer our appreciation
达格利什小姐的魅力了
of Miss Dalgleish’s attractions to another time.
这不是她的电影
This isn’t her film.
《惊恐》是英国上映的第一部有声片
The Terror is the first all-talking picture to show in Britain.
-不是《爵士歌♥手》吗 -不是
– I thought that was The Jazz Singer. – Oh, no.
在那部里 阿尔·乔生只是对他的老母亲说了几句话
In that, Al Jolson just says a few words to his old mother.
还唱歌♥
Oh, and sings.
这部电影可以是从头说到尾
In this, they talk all the way through.
丽都影院在哪
Where’s the Rialto?
前面左转停车
Uh, take the next left and park.
玛丽小姐跟巴伯先生去瑟斯克看电影了
Lady Mary’s gone to the pictures in Thirsk with Mr. Barber,
格兰瑟姆老夫人要在房♥间里吃饭
and old Lady Grantham’s eating in her room.
德克斯特先生和达格利什小姐会单独进餐
So Mr. Dexter and Miss Dalgleish will be dining alone.
您告诉帕特莫太太了吗
Have you let Mrs. Patmore know?
是的
I have.
我们都可怜德克斯特先生
We all pity Mr. Dexter.
怎么了
What’s the matter?
您不会想知道的 休斯太太
Oh, you wouldn’t be interested, Mrs. Hughes.
说来听听
Try me.
如果你想说的话
If you want to.
王室来访时
When we had the royal visit,
您记得有个叫埃利斯的贴身男仆吗
do you remember a valet called Ellis?
记得
I do.
我记得你和他还挺亲近的
You and he were quite friendly, I recall.
我今早收到了一封他的来信
I had a letter from him this morning
说他要结婚了
saying he’s getting married.
这让你难过吗
And that’s sad?
我知道我不该这么想
I know it shouldn’t be.
巴罗先生 你的人生路很艰难
Mr. Barrow, your path in life is a hard one.
大部分与你处境相同的人
Most people in your position
会选择藏在假象之下
choose to hide behind appearances
以此避免遭到迫♥害♥和拒绝
that will allow them to avoid persecution and rejection.
他不该因此被责怪
He’s surely not to be blamed for it.
我并不想如此 休斯太太
It isn’t what I want, Mrs. Hughes.
那你是个勇敢的人
Then you’re a brave man.
但你也注定要孤独了
But you’re also destined to be a lonely one.
除非你非常幸运
Unless you’re very fortunate.
你不是说她的脸能卖♥♥上百万张票吗
I thought you said her face could sell a million tickets.
看来在瑟斯克不行
Not in Thirsk, apparently.
但你说得没错
But you’re right, of course.
她真是漂亮
She is very beautiful.
这太棒了
How wonderful this is.
我还是不懂为什么让我们过来
I’m still curious as to why we’re here.
如果你去英国 就能见到我妈妈了
If you’d come to England, you could have met Mama,
那样更合理
which would’ve made more sense.
我更想见你 而不是格兰瑟姆老夫人
It was you I wanted to meet more than old Lady Grantham.
那你母亲呢
And your mother?
她的处境要更微妙
The situation is more delicate for her,
但她不会有事的
but she’ll be all right.
交给我吧
I’ll make sure of that.
那边
That way.
你觉得他们打的什么主意
What do think their game is?
让我们放松警惕
To lull us into a sense of security
再突然提起诉讼吗
then whack us with a lawsuit?
或许他们是想让我们感到愧疚
Maybe they want us to feel guilty
自己放弃
and withdraw from the field.
我觉得蒙米拉先生只是爱他的父亲
I think it’s just that Monsieur de Montmirail loved his father,
想执行他的遗愿
and he intends to carry out his wishes.
而我们则代表奶奶
And we’re here to represent Granny,
这件事里的神秘人物
the mystery figure in all this.
你好 先生
Bonjour, monsieur.
刺眼 不
Glare. Um, no.
遮蔽
Um, cover.
凉快
C– Uh, cool.
好
Yes.
卡森
Carson?
要我帮忙吗
May I be of help?
这顶就行吧
I thought maybe this one.
你看上去像阿尔巴尼亚的佐格国王
It makes you look like King Zog of Albania.
好
Yeah.
太棒了
Oh, perfect.
不不
No, no, no.
这怎么行
I wouldn’t hear of it.
是我选的 我来付钱吧
It was my choice, so I should pay.
但戴帽子的是我
Yeah, but I’m the one who has to wear it.
谢谢您的光顾 先生
Thanks for your custom, sir.