他应该不会只是个疯子吧
I suppose he wasn’t just a lunatic.
他们会想证明他是疯了的
Well, that’s what they’ll try to prove.
我觉得奶奶这样照顾茜玻真是太好了
Well, I think it’s marvelous of Granny to take care of Sybbie.
哪怕蒙米拉先生真是疯了
Even if Monsieur de Montmirail was as mad as a rat.
但妈妈为什么从没提起过呢
But why did Mama never say a word?
在她看来
As far as she’s concerned,
她半个多世纪前收到了一封古怪的信
she received a very eccentric letter more than half a century ago,
当时以为只是胡闹
she considered it potty at the time
就再没去想过这事了
and never gave it another thought.
好样的 玛丽戈德
Well done, Marigold.
很好 打得好
That’s right. Good shot.
退后
You stand back.
保姆 看
Nanny, watch.
有电♥话♥找您 老爷
A telephone call for you, milord.
-是谁 -一位巴伯先生
– Who is it? – Uh, a Mr. Barber.
-说是英国雄狮的 -那是什么
– Says he’s from British Lion. – What’s that?
不是一家电影公♥司♥吗
It’s a film company, isn’t it?
我最好去看看是怎么回事
I better find out what he wants.
他们夏季打算怎么处置别♥墅♥
What will they do with the villa in the summer?
又不能租出去 没人那时候去
They can’t let it. Nobody goes there then.
-现在有人去了 -难道不热吗
– Oh, they do now. – Well, surely it’s too hot.
看来是不热
Apparently not.
-妈妈 -你好 亲爱的
– Mummy! – Hello, darling.
妈妈 来玩吧
Mummy, come and play!
在比赛呢 来 快
It’s a race. Come on. Quickly.
巴伯先生是一位制片人和导演
Mr. Barber turns out to be a producer and director.
他想在这里进行连续摄影术
He wanted to practice chronophotography here.
现在又不是石器时代 爸爸
It’s not the Stone Age, Papa.
您是说他想在唐顿拍电影
You mean he wants to make a film at Downton?
您怎么说的
What did you say?
-我委婉地拒绝了 -那我再打回去
– I let him down gently. – Then I’ll ring him back.
我想听听他的提议
I want to hear what he has to offer.
有什么意义
What’s the point?
肯定会给钱吧
Well, I suppose there’d be a fee.
亨利什么时候回家
When does Henry get home?
赶不上这事了
Not in time for this.
他人在哪呢
Where is he now?
他最后是从伊斯坦布尔还是什么地方来的消息
His last message was from Istanbul or somewhere.
但在我看来
But as far as I’m concerned,
什么汽车拉力赛真是发疯
the whole idea of a rally is barmy.
没有他你也能行
You can manage it without him.
是吗 那么就都靠我了吗
I see. So it’s down to me, is it?
你不能指望我们去应付演艺人士
You can’t expect us to deal with kinema people.
我们先听听他的提议吧
First, let’s just listen to his proposal.
来吧 玛丽 我陪你
Come along, Mary. I’ll keep you company.
钱总能派上用场
The money would be useful, surely.
你跟亨利一切都好吗
Is everything all right with Henry?
他爱车
He’s in love with cars.
他爱速度 他爱冒险
He’s in love with speed. He’s in love with adventure.
他好像还爱我
He’s also in love with me, I think.
但我似乎无法抵消另外三样
But I don’t seem to cancel out the other three.
你本以为你能吗
And you thought you would?
大概是吧
I suppose I did.
准备好了
Ready for you.
太合适了
It’s perfect.
直到不久前 电影拍摄还主要在摄影棚内
Until recently, filmmaking was largely confined to the studios,
但现在这一过程有所发展
but now the process has opened up.
阿贝尔·冈斯去年的《拿破仑》
Abel Gance’s Napoléon last year
展现了摄影机在外景地的前景
showed what a camera can do on location,
在真实的房♥子 场地拍摄
filming in real houses, real landscapes.
这是部什么样的电影
What sort of film is it?
《赌徒》背景设在1875年
The Gambler is set in 1875.
一位伯爵的女儿 安·厄斯金小姐
An earl’s daughter, Lady Anne Erskine,
爱上了一个男人 结果此人是个赌徒
falls in love with a man who turns out to be a gambler,
这让她的家人十分惊恐
to her family’s horror.
不难想象
I can imagine.
他们在乡下的一场别♥墅♥宴会上结识
They meet at a house party in the country,
很快情况就一发不可收拾
and things soon spin out of control.
他们还去了一间很时髦的赌场
There are visits to a smart gambling club,
我们就在这里拍
which we’d do here.
在唐顿开赌场吗
A gambling club at Downton?
这非要了奶奶的命
That would finish Granny off.
还有爸爸
And Papa, too.
-我们需要时间考虑 -当然
– We must have time to think. – Of course.
这是我的名片
Here’s my card.
有任何问题就联♥系♥我
Ring me if you have any questions at all.
我会叫巴罗来送你出去
I’ll get Barrow to see you out.
我们有两个问题需要先问清
I suppose there are two questions that we would need the answer to
才能真正开始讨论
before we can really have the discussion.
我们会待一个月左右
We’d be here for about a month,
把名片翻过来 我写了我们的出价
and if you turn the card over, you’ll see what we’d pay.
当然 这还是可以商量的
Of course, that’s negotiable.
-再见 巴伯先生 -再见
– Goodbye, Mr. Barber. – Goodbye.
这还只是起价吗
And that’s the starting point?
这主意糟透了
I think it’s a horrible idea.
浓妆艳抹的女演员和醉醺醺的男演员
Actresses plastered in makeup and actors just plastered,
粗手粗脚地动我们的东西
scrambling over our things.
我们得时刻注意餐具室丢没丢勺子
We’d have to keep counting the spoons in the pantry.
本地人可能不会高兴
The locals might take a dim view.
可别为此就放弃
Well, you mustn’t let that stop you.
郡民们看什么都不高兴
The county takes a dim view of everything.
你得考虑费用的事
You have to consider the fee.
我们不需要谈钱的事
We don’t need to talk about money.
但您得考虑
But you need to think about it.
别的不说 您可以重修屋顶了
You could have a new roof, for a start.
再不修要发大水了 那可如何是好
You could soon be looking at real flooding, and then what?
如果您拒绝
If you turn them down,
我们能不能说服他们北上去布兰克斯特堡呢
do you think we could persuade them to drive further north to Brancaster?
妈妈 您怎么说
Mama, where do you stand?
玛丽 亲爱的 你可以带你父亲去阁楼看看吗
Mary, dear, will you take your father to see the attics?
我看他是好久没上去过了
I don’t think he’s been there for quite a while.
我都好些年没上来过了
I haven’t been up here for years.
我们面临的就是这样的情况
Well, this is the situation we’re in.
有了钱 我们就能把房♥子修缮好
With the money, we can bring the house up to snuff,
以匹配我们对庄园的投入
to match what we’ve spent on the estate
也能抬头挺胸地迈入30年代
and enter the 1930s with our heads held high.
-但如果您不愿意… -不
– But if you don’t want to… – No.
不 你掌舵向前吧
No, you steer ahead.
你现在是船长了
You’re the captain now.
这我是知道的 哪怕你以为我不知道
I am aware of that, even if you think I’m not.
还得我去把消息告诉卡森先生
And now I have the unenviable task
这可不是什么美差
of breaking the news to Mr. Carson.
真难以置信
I can’t believe it.
在这里拍电影 他们能这么做吗
To make a film here? Can they do that?
会有电影明星来吗 著名影星
Would there be film stars? Famous ones?
给她点水吧 免得她晕过去
Oh, give her some water before she passes out.
事情还没定下呢
Nothing’s decided yet.
你倒是可以激动
It’s all very fine to get excited.
反正你住在农场
You live at the farm.
我们其余的人时时刻刻
The rest of us will have them in and out
都要看着他们进进出出
and round about every hour God sends.
而且老夫人怎么办
And what of Her Ladyship?
只想要安度晚年
Hoping for a peaceful end…
却突然被丢进了一个杂牌马戏团
…and suddenly plunged into a three-ring circus.
我赞同黛西的话
Well, I agree with Daisy.
我们有机会认识
We’ll get to know men and women
只在大银幕上见过的男女
we’ve only seen upon the silver screen.
-如果这对房♥子有好处 -这就是重点
– And if it’s good for the house… – This is the point.
如果有钱流入或许会至关重要
An injection of cash could make all the difference.
他们提到数了吗
They mention how much?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!