I won’t pretend not to understand you.
他们跟你说小画像的事了吗
Did they tell you about the miniature?
它有什么意义
What’s its significance?
你可以拿来吗
Well, could you fetch it?
在右边下面的抽屉里
It’s in the bottom right-hand drawer.
如果你打开后面
If you open it at the back,
会发现他附的那封信
you’ll find the letter he sent with it.
这么多年了 还在呢
It’s still there after all this time.
你可以读出来吗
Could you read it?
“亲爱的维奥莱特 我们错过了
“Chère Violette, we have missed the chance
享受完美爱情的机会
to know perfect love.
但如果你肯改主意 我们还有机会”
But we still can if you would only change your mind.”
你怎么不直说呢
Why didn’t you just tell us?
没什么好说的
There was nothing to tell.
什么都没发生
Nothing happened.
就是被纠缠了好多年
Apart from years of being pestered.

Well, no.
也不是
That’s not quite right.
那究竟是怎么回事
Then what is?
那之后我再没见过他
I never saw him after that.
我知道我会受不了诱惑
I knew I’d have given in.
如果我再经受考验 肯定会犯错
If I’d been tested again, I would have failed.
我当时是个痴情的傻瓜
I was a fool for love in those days.
几年后 我们去了俄♥国♥
A few years later, we went to Russia,
我又惹了大♥麻♥烦
and I got into terrible trouble.
险些吧
Well, I nearly did.
跟克拉根亲王 我知道
With Prince Kuragin. Yes, I know.
你是怎么避免在侯爵身上犯错的
How did you avoid it with the marquis?
我记不得了
I can’t think.
他真是我这辈子见过的最有魅力的男人
He was the most attractive man I’d ever met in my life.
但我才结婚不久
But I hadn’t long been married,
肯定是觉得破坏我的婚姻未免太可惜
and it must have seemed a shame, you know, to spoil that.
真希望你说出来
I wish you’d said all this.
我不希望你觉得我一辈子都过得很违心
I didn’t want you to think my life had been a fraud,
因为我没有
when it hasn’t.
我跟罗伯特的父亲挺幸福的
I was happy with Robert’s father.
以英国人的方式足够幸福了
Well, happy enough in that English way,
你们什么都不说
when you never talk about anything
但还是信任彼此
but you trust each other.
如果克拉根和蒙米拉合体了
If they’d put Kuragin and Montmirail together,
我肯定会堕落成一个荡♥妇♥
I would have come out as some sort of scarlet woman.
我可不觉得你浪荡
You don’t seem very scarlet to me.
我要委托你确保人们不会这么想我
Well, I’m trusting you to make sure that’s not how I’m remembered.
下任伯爵就是马修的儿子了
Well, the next earl will be Matthew’s son,
我孙子 你的曾孙
my grandson, your great-grandson.
我会尽力让他珍重你
I’ll do my best to see he values you.
我知道你会的
I know you will.
我知道我可以信任你做正确的事
I know I can trust you to do the right thing.
多谢你这么说
That’s very generous of you.
因为我们有过不少分歧
Well, because we’ve had our tussles, you and I.
的确是 但我很高兴你来到了唐顿
Well, it’s true, but I’m glad you came to Downton.
很多年来 我都没有一个
I’d never known anyone whose opinion I could trust,
能相信她总会做出正直判断的人
you know, to be morally right, not for years.
自我母亲死后就没有了
Well, not since my mother died.
你肯定好奇我为什么让你整理我的文件
You must have wondered why I asked you to go through my papers.
我是好奇
I did rather.
当我想起很久以前的世界
When I think about that world of long ago,
当我还是个初次穿裙衬的姑娘
when I… I was a girl in my first crinoline…
在那些时刻 我好像
…in those moments, I feel
去了另一个星球
as if I’ve been transported to a different planet.
的确是这样
And so you have been.
每个活得够久的人都会有这种感觉
Like every human being who lives long enough.
是啊 我的确活了够久了
And I have. Lived long enough.
我不是那个意思
Oh, I didn’t mean it like that.
抱歉 但我等不及了
I’m sorry, but I just couldn’t wait.
没事
It’s all right.
什么都没发生
Nothing happened.
你是你父亲的儿子
You’re your father’s son.
我不能假装这没让我如释重负
I can’t pretend I’m not relieved.
我不能假装这没让我觉得受辱
I can’t pretend I’m not insulted.
如果这跟我的出生毫无关系
Why do you think he gave you the villa
那他为什么要把别♥墅♥送你
if it has nothing to do with my birth?
我觉得这跟你的出生很有关系
I think it had everything to do with your birth.
你的出生 让他明白
When you were born, it sent a message
他想要的永远都不可能了
that what he wanted was never going to happen
他该向前看了
and it was time to move on.
他从未像爱您那样爱过他妻子
He never loved his wife as he loved you.
别♥墅♥就证明了这点
The villa proves that.

Well…
我就不知道了
…that’s not for me to say.
-嗯 -好
– Yeah. – Right.
我看了最后一场戏
I looked through the final scenes.
很不错
I’m impressed.
你喜欢这样的工作吗
Does this kind of work appeal to you,
为电影写剧本
writing plays for the screen?
你是说
What, you-you mean…
比如一年四部
Well, say, four a year.
我会把我看好的书或短篇故事寄给你
I’d send you the book or short story I was keen on
上面写好注释和建议
with my notes and suggestions.
一千块的剧本我给你七百几尼
Um, I would pay 700 guineas against a thousand.
巴伯先生
Mr. Barber.
什么
Sorry?
你写剧本的酬劳是七百几尼
Uh, you’d get 700 for writing the script.
如果能拍成电影 会涨到一千几尼
That would rise to a thousand if the film is made.
每部剧本吗
For each script?
我觉得好像女王
I feel like the queen.
就凭这胸衣 我可不羡慕她
Well, I don’t envy her if these corsets are anything to go by.
-真是荒唐 -开心点吧
– This is absurd. – Cheer up.
毕竟 你应该挺习惯这戏服的
After all, you should be used to the costume.
我们在位置上摆了铭牌
We’ve put the names on the places,
各位 请找到自己的座位坐下
so, please, all of you, find your chair and sit.
卡森先生 您扮演庞弗雷伯爵
Uh, Mr. Carson, you will be playing Lord Pumphrey
坐在主席
at the head of the table.
坐在这里感觉好怪
Seems odd to be sitting in here.
你在这里站过够久了
You’ve spent enough time standing.
我觉得你想了够久了
I’d say you’ve spent long enough.
或许是吧 德克斯特先生
You may be right, Mr. Dexter.
告诉我 你的提议是我想的那个意思吗
Tell me, did your offer mean what I think it did?
是什么意思都随你
It can mean as little or as much as you like.
我希望有很深远的意思
I’d like it to mean a great deal.
那你走运了
Then you’re in luck.
-休斯太太 -谢谢
– Mrs. Hughes. – Thank you.
你坐这里
This is you.
我都认不出你了
I don’t recognize you.
还有
And…
不用了
Oh, no, no, really.
就当我们不在
Please, we’re not here.
伯爵大人 请您到摄像机后面来
My Lord, if-if you could make your way up behind the camera.
谢谢
Thank you.
我看上去像个稻草人
I look like something to scare the crows.
说什么呢
Nonsense.
你简直是优雅的典范
You’re a picture of elegance.
快坐吧 来点热乎的
Now, sit down here and have something warming.
我以为都是上色的水呢
I thought it were just colored water.
其他人的是
Well, so it is for the others.
我给咱们偷带了点好的
For us, I’ve smuggled in something nice.
是啊 真不错
Oh, you’re right. This is good.
这小两口看上去多登对啊
Don’t the young couple look nice together?
能帮助他们感觉一定很不错
It must be wonderful to feel you’re helping them.
我还想为他们做更多
I’d like to do more.
我就想跟你谈这事

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!