Mary?
这是怎么回事
What on earth is going on?

Cut!

Oh, no!
您让他们知道规矩了
So you put them to rights?
我想我可以这么说 不会有人反驳的
I think I can say so without fear of contradiction.
我让他们明确地知道
I left them in no doubt as to
什么才叫妥当
how things are done when they are done properly.
是吧 贝茨先生
Eh, Mr. Bates?
您说得非常明白
Uh, you made your feelings clear.
他们绝对是知道英国管家有多不好惹了
They certainly know what it is to deal with an English butler.
去拿衣服吧
Oh, get your coats.
看到你时 我想到了
Watching you, it took me back to the
你们三个以前在阁楼上演的戏
plays you three used to put on in the attic.
只不过这次事关要更重大些
Except there’s rather more riding on it this time.
我无意挑刺 可我们怎么知道她能行
I don’t mean to be harsh, but how do we know she’s any good?
她好极了
Oh, she’s absolutely superb.
我把爸爸的电报给奶奶看了 汤姆
I showed Granny Papa’s telegram, Tom,
但你该去看看
but you ought to look in.
我们现在就去吧
Perhaps we should go up now.
是啊
Maybe you’re right.
该由你来
It ought to be you.
你把小画像交给她吧
You can give her the miniature.
什么小画像
What miniature is this?
说来话长
It’s a long story.
有声片对于西区剧院的演员肯定是好事
Talkies must be good news for the actors in the West End theaters.
对他们是好事 对我是坏事
Good news for them, bad news for me.
麦克风致死 是吧 盖
Death by microphone, eh, Guy?
我们这行本就是赌运气
Our business has always been a game of chance.
说得好
Well said.
我有个主意 达格利什小姐 或许能帮你
I have an idea, Miss Dalgleish, which might just help.
我明天一早就带你妈妈去医院
I’m taking your mama to the hospital first thing in the morning.
我当然很害怕
I’m dreading it, of course.
但这话能说给你听 不能说给她听
But that’s for you to hear, not her.
我还以为他们会抵抗一番呢
I thought they might put up more of a fight.
我们也以为
So did we.
那母亲是想抵抗
The mother wanted to.
然后伊迪丝发现了这个
And then Edith found this.
侧面刻了您的名字
It’s inscribed to you on the side.
我…
I…
他们大概以为我们之间有什么越轨的事
I suppose they think something improper went on between us.
-大家都这么想吧 -没有
– I suppose everyone does. – Oh, no.
我可不会那么说
I-I wouldn’t say that.
你真不会撒谎 汤姆
You’re such a bad liar, Tom.
我要像你那么不会撒谎肯定寸步难行
I’d never have got anywhere if I were as rotten a liar as you.
我们会尽量每年都在别♥墅♥相见
We’re going to try and meet at the villa every year.
一家人 一起度夏
The whole family together, in the summer.
那不热吗
Won’t it be too hot?
-我们希望您可以去试试看 -不
– We hope you’ll come and find out. – Oh, no.

No.
我早过了那年纪了
That’s-that’s all over for me.
算了
Never mind.
我很高兴认识了你 汤姆
I am happy to have known you, Tom.
我们最终相处得还不错 是吧
I think we got on pretty well in the end, don’t you?
是的
I think we did.
最终
In the end.
你并不是我们希望茜玻嫁的人
You weren’t quite what we had in mind for Sybil,
但我们都接受了
but we got past it.
生活不就是这样吗
And that’s life, isn’t it?
接受始料未及的事
Getting past the unexpected.
或许从中吸取教训
And perhaps learning from it,
我想我们做到了
which I think we can say we’ve done.
您这些年是我的好朋友 维奥莱特
You’ve been a good friend to me through the years, Violet.
希望我也是您的
I hope I’ve been a friend to you.
现在你也有家了
And now you’re settled.
莫德回归了家族 大家都高兴了
Maud’s back in the family, and everyone’s happy.
小画像是什么时候画的
When was the miniature painted?
您还做模特了吗
Did you sit for it?
没有 我们有天
No, we… we went for a walk
去城里散步
in the town one day,
有家店铺里 有个男人在拍照
and there was a shop where a man was taking photographs.
我记得很清楚 因为他是我见过的第一个摄影师
Yeah, I remember ’cause he was the first photographer I’d ever seen.
他们肯定是照那个画的
They must have copied it from that.
蒙米拉把它给我寄到了伦敦
Montmirail sent it to me in London
还附了一封胡言乱语的信
with a silly scribbled letter.
我把它寄了回去
I sent it back.
不过我该把它烧掉的
Of course, I should have burned it.
我们不打扰您休息了
We’ll leave you to rest.
但我们想说 我们非常感激
But we wanted to say how very grateful we are.
茜玻也会感激的
And Sybbie will be, too.
那里很美
It’s a beautiful place.
这我记得
That I do remember.
该上♥床♥了
Time for bed.
嗯 我把这些收拾一下
Yes, I’ll just tidy these up.
是什么
What are they?
蒙米拉先生的信
The letters of Monsieur de Montmirail.
都标注了吗
They’re clearly labeled?
恐怕是的
I’m afraid so.
所以她说她什么都不记得了是在撒谎
So she was lying when she said she remembers nothing.
“撒谎”有点重了
“Lying” is a harsh word.
或许她是选择遗忘了
Maybe she pushed it to the back of her mind.
现在闹成这样 恐怕又回忆起来了吧
Well, I don’t believe it stayed there with all the fuss going on.
等我去见她时再问她吧
I’ll ask when I go and see her.
巴罗先生在这里吗
Is this the way to find Mr. Barrow?
往左走
Left.
你就藏在这里啊
So this is where you hide.
需要我帮什么忙吗 先生
Can I help with anything, sir?
你可以帮个忙 别再喊我”先生”了
Well, you can certainly help by not calling me “Sir.”
不知道卡森先生会怎么说
I’m not sure what Mr. Carson would make of
我接待一位来自楼上的客人 德克斯特先生
my receiving a visit from an upstairs guest, Mr. Dexter.
卡森先生现在又不管事了
Well, Mr. Carson isn’t in charge now.
你才是管事的
You are.
要是有人进来呢 会怎么说啊
Suppose someone comes in. What would they say?
我不在乎
I don’t care.
我在美国住了十年了
I’ve lived in America for ten years now.
我不相信那一套了
I don’t believe in that stuff anymore.
请喊我盖吧
Please, call me Guy.
你本名叫什么
What’s your real name?
昆丁
Quentin.
昆丁·赛博姆
Quentin Sidebotham.
改得好
That was a good decision.
你知道你接下来打算怎么办吗
Do you know what you’re doing next?
我想没人知道
I don’t think anybody does.
我得回家 等待事态发展了
I shall go home and await developments.
我可能会联♥系♥克里夫·布洛克或查理·卓别林
I might call Clive Brook or Charlie Chaplin,
问他们怎么看
see what they think.
你认识查理·卓别林啊
You know Charlie Chaplin?
我觉得他有点疯 但我是认识他
Well, he’s a little wild for me, but yeah, I-I know him.
好莱坞的名声有些差
Hollywood gets some bad publicity,
但我住在汉考克公园
but I live in a place called Hancock Park,
那里挺不错的
and it’s… it’s pretty nice.
我相信
I can believe it.
你为什么不自己来看看呢
Well, why don’t you come and see for yourself?
什么
What?
我说真的
I mean it.
我的工作要经常出行
I travel a lot for my work,
我也没有妻子照顾我
and I don’t have a wife to look after me, so…
你可以照顾我
…you could do it.
我做你的贴身男仆吗
I’d be your valet?
不止如此
More than that.
你打理家里 安排我们的行程

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!