你把我当瘸子对待
You treat me like a cripple.
你是个瘸子 一个情感白♥痴♥
You are a cripple! An emotional cripple!
正常人是互相帮助的 比尔
Normal people help each other, Bill.
你太执着于你的独♥立♥个性了
You’re so hung up on your independence.
“我不需要任何人” 好像这很正常似的
“I don’t need anybody. ” Yeah, like that’s normal.
那不代表你是正常人 比尔 那代表你是个怪人
That doesn’t make you normal, Bill. That makes you a freak!
你不需要我们的帮助 好吧
You don’t want our help, fine!
然后在30天内离开家
Then be out of the house in 30 days.
要我帮你叫辆出租车吗
Do you want me to call you a cab?
我给你叫辆出租车
I’m calling you a cab.
天啊
God!
不管你想做什么 -很好很好
Whatever you wanna do… That’s great. All right. Good.
是的 我想那是有可能的
Yeah, I think that’ll be possible.
是的 没关系
Yeah, that’s all right.
整个互联网就在我的指尖
the whole Internet right at my fingertips.
新闻很紧急 我可以上网
the news is breaking, I’ve got Internet.
我可以离我的家人近一点
I could stay a little closer to my family.
你有邮件
You’ve got mail.
美国在线 易于使用 菜单很友好
America Online. Easy to use. Friendly menus.
放进磁盘 点击 你就上线了 -我们可以夜以继日的工作
Put in the disk, click, you’re online. – We’ve been working night and day…
你吃完了吗 亲爱的 -应该吧
You finished, hon? – Could be.
还有别的吗 -没了 结账吧
Anything else? – No. Just the check.
你是推销员 -不是 我是个老古董
You a salesman? – No. I’m a dinosaur.
你是个舞者 -是的 我是个舞者
You’re a dancer? – Yeah, I’m a dancer.
大部分是跳迪斯科
Disco, mostly.
去吧 孩子
You go, boy.
对不起 我不知道是哪间公♥寓♥
Sorry, I didn’t know which apartment.
你是比尔·波特 对吧 -是的
You’re Bill Porter, right? – Yes.
嗨 我是乔伊·华♥莱♥士♥ 波特兰每日新闻的
Hi, I’m Joey Wallace. Portland Daily News.
嗨 -很抱歉吓到你了
Hi. – Sorry I scared you there.
看来我们扯平了
Guess we’re even.
什么意思
How do you mean?
我小时候你吓过我 记得吗 你有那个手偶
You scared me when I was a little kid, remember? You had that hand puppet.
凯尔·派尔
Kyle Pyle.
华♥莱♥士♥ 切斯纳特362号♥
Wallace. 362 Chestnut.
你的记忆力真好 令人印象深刻 我可以进来看看吗
You’ve got an amazing memory. It’s very impressive. May I?
不好意思 我得走了
No, I have to go…
那我就开门见山了
I’ll get right to the point, then.
我想写一个关于一个挨家挨户推销的推销员的故事
I want to write a story about a door-to-door salesman.
最后一个坚守的人
Last of a dying…
传统的丧失
Loss of a tradition.
这不一定只写关于你自己
It wouldn’t necessarily have to be just about you.
谢谢 但是 不用了
Thank you, but, no.
请拿着我的名片 如果你改变主意的话
Take my card, then. If you change your mind.
我想我应该在这里站稳脚跟
I guess this is where I’m supposed to plant my foot…
试着留住你不关门
try to keep you from closing the door on me.
不 别这样 这样不行 我得走了
No, don’t do that. That never works. I have to go.
我觉得我们可以谈谈这个
That’s the kind of thing I thought we could talk about.
我能进来吗
Can I come in?
很好 我喜欢你对这地方的布置
Nice. Love what you’ve done with the place.
很有趣 雪莉 你想要做什么
Very funny, Shelly. What do you want?
有三个箱子一直没有送到
There were three boxes that were never delivered.
我该拿它们怎么办
What should I do with them?
你能帮我送过去吗
Can you deliver them for me?
你想让我帮你
You want me to help you?
我会付钱的
I’ll pay you.
我明白了 原来是这样的
I see, so that’s how it works.
算了 我自己来处理
Forget it. I’ll take care of it myself.
闭嘴 我当然会把箱子送过去
Shut up. Of course I’ll deliver the boxes.
我会处理的 我说
I’ll take care of it, I said.
好吧 它们在我车里
Fine. They’re in my car.
我把它们放在前门
I’II leave them by the front door.
你辞职了
You quit your job.
你是一个名人
You’re a celebrity.
我说了不要 我不想让他写那个
I said no. I didn’t want him to write that.
听着 比尔
Listen, Bill.
我一直在想我们吵架的事
I’ve been thinking about the fight we had.
也许是我说了些什么
Maybe I said some things…
然后你就辞职了 我只是想
Then you go and quit your job. I just thought-
不 我们都说了一些不好听的话
No. We both said things.
还有这份工作
And the job…
已经到头了
It was time.
你想要做什么呢
What are you gonna do?
我要学跆拳道
I’m gonna take up kickboxing.
这是篇好报道 你应该去看看
It’s a nice article. You should read it.
直到他不在了 我才真正注意到他
I never really took notice, until he wasn’t there anymore.
这个奇怪的男人走路很滑稽 提着公文包 戴着一顶帽子
This odd man with the funny walk and the briefcase, and his hat set just so.
有一天 他不再来了
One day, he just stopped coming.
美女 我的冻疮要折磨死我了
Man, my chilblains are killing me.
这双手太干了 什么都试过了
These hands are so dry. Tried everything.
他是一根线
He was a thread…
在我们的社区里有一条无形的线
an invisible thread in our neighborhood…
把我们联♥系♥在一起
which tied us together…
他给我们带来新闻
bringing us news:
谁死了
Who died…
谁搬走了
who moved away…
谁刚刚结婚
who just got married.
他是沃特金斯公♥司♥的上门推销员
He’s a door-to-door salesman for the Watkins Company…
很多人认为他不适合被雇佣
who many considered unemployable.
波特先生 报纸上的那篇文章很精彩
Mr. Porter, that was a wonderful article in the paper.
我并不想那样
I didn’t want that.
嗨 彼得在吗
Is Peter in?
嗨 比尔 报纸上的文章写的很棒
Hi, Bill. It was a great article in the paper.
我不想让他写那个
I didn’t want him to write that.
嘿 比尔 你还好吗
Hey, Bill, how you doing?
我能和你谈谈吗
Can I talk to you?
我正要出去 怎么了
I was just heading out. What’s up?
我想要回我的地盘 彼特
I want my territory back, Peter.
我们已经关闭了那个部门 不能再挨家挨户上门了
We’ve shut that department down. There is no more door-to-door.
我不需要一个部门 我只需要
I don’t need a department. AII I need is-
比尔 你做得很好 你的表现非常出色
Bill, you did the right thing. You had an amazing run.
一切都结束了 退休吧 去钓鱼 享受生活
It’s over. Retire. Go fishing, enjoy yourself.
我不想去钓鱼 我想工作
I don’t want to go fishing. I wanna work.
这里必须有你可以做的事
There must be something you can do.
你问过职业介绍所了吗 卡拉
Have you checked with the employment office?
我两点半才回来 如果斯蒂克利打电♥话♥来
Carla, I’m gonna be gone until 2:30. If Stickley calls-
彼得 别走太快了 我需要你等两分钟
Peter! Don’t run off. I need two minutes.
很高兴见到你 比尔 祝你好运
Great seeing you, Bill. Best of luck to you.
报纸上的文章写得很好 比尔
Wonderful piece in the paper, Bill.
我想在股东报告中加一份报道的副本
I’d like to put a copy of it in the shareholder’s report.
关我什么事 我要去钓鱼
What do I care? I’m going fishing.
报纸上的哪篇文章
What piece in the paper?
请下车
Get off the bus.
一个推销员驾车行驶在黑暗的乡间小路上
A salesman drives down a dark country road…
完全迷路了
completely lost.
过了一会儿 他的汽油用完了
After a time, he runs out of gas.
幸运的是 这条路的尽头有一个农场
Luckily, there’s a farmhouse just down the road.
他到农舍去敲门
He goes to the farmhouse and knocks on the door.
农夫的妻子走到门口说 “我能帮你吗”
The farmer’s wife comes to the door and says, “Can I help you?”
“是的” 他说 “你可以”
“Yes, ” he says, “you can.
“我的汽油用完了 而且我迷路了”
“I’ve run out of gas, and I’ve lost my way. ”
我跟你打赌 试试这个
I’ll bet you anything… Try this.
你一直使用含有酒精成分的面霜
That the cream you’ve been using has an alcohol base.
她说 “你可以在这里过夜”
She says, “You can spend the night. ”
把这个放在你的手指上 告诉我你的妻子是否喜欢这个
Put some of this on your fingers. Tell me if your wife wouldn’t enjoy this.
“但我没有女儿”
“But I don’t have a daughter…
“你会有一个属于你自己的漂亮房♥间”
“… and you’ll have a nice room all to yourself.
“我们没有任何家畜”
“We don’t have any farm animals. ”
好的 鲍勃 下周我会带一些样品给你
All right, Bob, I’m gonna bring you some of the samples next week.
没关系 比尔 但我不能保证会要
That’s fine, Bill. But, no promises.