当然
Of course.
你想喝点什么吗
Would you like a drink?
都行 谢谢您
Thank you.
对不起 我在里面放了点伏特加 对你来说太多了吗
I’m sorry, I put a little vodka in there. Is it too much for you?
也许我不该这样喝
I probably shouldn’t.
我走起路来像个喝醉了的水手
I walk like a drunken sailor as it is.
如果我不告诉您我们的柔软剂产品
I wouldn’t feel good about myself…
我一定会感到良心不安
if I didn’t tell you about our fabric softener.
我今天至少走了10英里
I must have walked 10 miles today.
比利 现在不要把自己逼得太紧
Now, Billy, don’t push yourself so hard.
你必须有耐心 你不能指望我
You must be patient. You can’t expect-
做成了一笔生意
I made a sale.
是吗
You did?
是啊
Yeah!
差不多50美元
Almost $50.
你看 你什么都能做
See, you can do anything.
我能做到
I can do this.
我就知道你可以
I know you can.
我今天赚了4.25美元
I made $4.25 today…
我会把每一分钱都花光
and I’m gonna blow every penny of it.
我要带你出去逛逛
I’m taking you out on the town.
我喝了一小口 是伏特加
I took a sip, it was vodka.
你是怎么做的
What did you do?
我能做什么 我吞下去了
What could I do? I swallowed it!
比利 这是给你的
Billy, this is for you.
今天是你的第一天
It being your first day.
爸爸的手表
Dad’s watch.
“爸爸的表”
“Dad’s watch. ”
别闹了
Quit it.
他们在德雷克大酒店的大宴会厅给了他
They gave it to him in the Grand Ballroom, the Drake Hotel.
他不在乎 他是个弱智
He doesn’t care. He’s a retard.
你怎么知道
How do you know?
我花了23美元买♥♥了一件衣服 你父亲差点心脏病发作
I bought a dress for $23. Your father nearly had a heart attack.
以前芝加哥真是灯火通明
Chicago was all lit up.
不好意思
Excuse me.
我能借一下你的番茄酱吗
Could I borrow your ketchup, please?
当然可以
Yeah, sure.
对不起 我一定是个智障什么的
I’m so sorry. I must be a retard or something.
我告诉过你不要叫他智障 -你在笑什么
I told you not to call him a retard. – What are you laughing at?
还有世界博览会 彼得森在那儿有个展览
And the World’s Fair. Peterson had a display there.
你♥爸♥爸连续三年都是销♥售♥冠军
Your dad was top salesman three years running.
他是个了不起的推销员
He was an amazing salesman.
太神奇了
Amazing.
他甚至可以把你手指上戴的戒指再卖♥♥给你
He could sell you the ring off your own finger.
多么英俊的男人啊
And what a handsome man.
我们度过了多美好的时光啊
What a time we had.
他是一个非常英俊的男人
He was a very handsome man.
而且你和他长得一模一样
And you look just like him.
我告诉你这个长故事的意思是 如果有人打电♥话♥给你
My point in telling you this long story is that if anyone should ever call you…
然后说 “彼得兔在吗 ”请别挂电♥话♥ 那是我
and say, “Is Peter Rabbit there?” don’t hang up, it’s me.
所以我在演艺界有很多起起伏伏
So I’ve had many ups and downs in show business.
你在看什么
What are you watching?
我不知道 但他很有趣 那是谁
I don’t know, but he’s funny. Who is that?
是杰克·帕尔
It’s Jack Paar.
他看起来不一样了 一定是因为他的头发或者什么的
He looks different. It must be his hair or something.
我的眼镜呢
Where are my glasses?
我去睡觉了 我现在是工人
I’m going to bed. I’m a working man now.
打扰一下 工人 把你的杯子拿走
Excuse me, working man, pick up that glass.
我今晚让佣人们提早走了
I let the servants go early tonight.
我看得出你为此付出了巨大的努力
I can see the tremendous effort you’re putting into this.
我知道这不容易 但是你还差得远呢
I know it can’t be easy, but you’re not even close…
才四天而已
It’s only been four days.
我明白 但是平均 你至少要达到
I understand, but the average… You’re gonna have to hit at least-
我正逐渐提高 这需要时间
I’m building. It takes time.
我知道 但是
I know that, but-
只要给我到月底的时间
Just give me to the end of the month.
我们接到一个投诉
We had a complaint.
栗子街的一个女人说 你吓到她儿子了
From a woman on Chestnut Street. She said you scared her little boy.
你可以看到我的困扰
You can see my problem.
嗨 我叫莱尔
Hi! My name is Lyle!
你可以叫我莱尔或者格莱尔或者派尔先生
You can call me Lyle or Glyle or Mr. Pyle.
但是 无论你做什么 都不要笑
But, whatever you do, don’t smile.
你最好别笑
You better not smile.
是谁 乔伊
Who is it, Joey?
派尔先生
Mr. Pyle.
谁
Who?
派尔先生
Mr. Pyle.
搞什么 进来吧
What the hell. Come on in.
这真是一个可爱的家
This is really a lovely home.
妈妈
Mom?
妈妈
Mother?
想再去几家吗
Wanna go to a few more houses?
走吧 那你要怎么说
Let’s go. What are you gonna say?
噢 我可以说 看看那顶帽子
Oh, I can tell, look at that hat.
沃伦夫人 你见到我母亲了吗
Mrs. Warren, have you seen my mother?
没有 今天没有看到
No. Not today.
不 她失踪了 你不明白
No, she is missing. You don’t understand.
我不知道 我当时在工作
I don’t know. I was at work.
在工作
At work!
我们还要等多久才能提交
How long do we have to wait before we can file the-
等等
Hold on.
非常感谢 我很好
Thank you very much. I’m fine.
我陪你走 夫人
I’ll walk you, ma’am.
不 没关系 你不用送我进去
No, it’s all right. You don’t have to see me in.
他们说你在华盛顿街
They said you were on Washington Street.
你在那里干什么
What were you doing over there?
只是去买♥♥点东西 我想买♥♥双鞋 你吃了吗
Just some shopping. I wanted some shoes. Did you eat?
华盛顿街上没有鞋店
There aren’t any shoe stores on Washington Street.
等我转过身 天就黑了
I got turned around, and it got dark…
最后我就到了华盛顿街
and I ended up on Washington Street.
我去弄点羊排
I’m gonna fix some lamb chops.
你去把桌子摆好 好吗
Would you set the table?
抱歉让你担心了 比利
Sorry I worried you, Billy.
你为什么不打电♥话♥
Why didn’t you call?
我不记得我们的电♥话♥号♥码了
I couldn’t remember our number.
比利
Billy.
我觉得我有点不对劲
I think there’s something wrong with me.
这个人刚用一种新款肥皂洗了澡
This man just showered with a new kind of soap.
新款轻型男士薄荷清新剂 一个装满薄荷的肥皂
New Light Boy Mint Refresher. A soap so loaded with mint…
那么浓郁 那么冰爽 能让太太
so tangy, so frosty, it drives wives…
想入非非
wicked.
从来没有一款肥皂这么好闻过
Soap has never smelled this good before.
新款轻型男士薄荷清新剂 使太太
New Light Boy Mint Refresher drives wives…
想入非非
wicked.
西北骑警
A Northwest Mounty!
三年了 他一直在追赶这个诱人的角色
And he’s been trailing this desperate character for three years!
我不会扔下你先走的 比尔
I wouldn’t leave you, Bill.
谢谢 班尼
Thanks, Benny.
今天早上有点晚了
Running a little late this morning.
早上好 先生 您请进
‘Morning, sir. There you go.
帝王广场酒店
Monarch Plaza Hotel.
早上好 比尔
‘Morning, Bill.
孩子怎么样了
How’s the baby?
好多了
Much better.
我给你带了一个
I got one for you.
那给我吧
Lay it on me.
一个旅行推销员路过一座农舍
A traveling salesman passes a farmhouse.
他看见一只长着木腿的猪
He sees a pig with a wooden leg.
他对农夫说 “这条木腿是怎么回事”
He says to the farmer, “What’s with the wooden leg?”
农夫说 “这是一只非常特别的猪”
The farmer says, “That’s a very special pig.