伊贝茨球场的球迷数超过了他们的同城对手 洋基
the fans at Ebbets Field, by jumping all over their cross-town rivals, the Yankees…
还有他们17场比赛的冠军 “子弹” 鲍勃·赫利
and their 17-game winner, “Bullet” Bob Hurley…
进行八次全跑 获得了“赛百味”系列赛的第一场胜利
for eight runs, to gain their first victory in the Subway Series.
道奇队的领队是罗伊·坎帕内拉
The Dodgers were led by Roy Campanella…
他击出三次全垒打 得了三分
who cranked three hits and drove in three runs.
这是侥幸 一定是侥幸 那些人都是老人家
It’s a fluke. Got to be a fluke. Them bums are geriatrics.
罗宾逊是最年轻的 他快65岁了
Robinson’s the youngest, and he’s going on 65!
哈 比利
Huh, Billy?
道奇队的经理沃尔特·奥尔斯顿不会对
Dodgers’ manager Walt Alston refused to panic…
首发的约翰尼·波德雷斯感到担心
他们今晚最好让白人上场
starting Johnny Podres… They better start Whitey tonight.
是的
Yeah.
这个年轻的左撇子轻松地打了九局
the young lefty cruised through nine easy innings…
是的 约翰尼·波德雷斯 更像是“新手·约翰尼”
Yeah, Johnny Podres. “Johnny-come-lately” more like.
烤面包都比他的快速球上升得快
Bread rises faster than his fastball.
生日快乐 强尼
Happy birthday, Johnny!
我是迈克·华♥莱♥士♥ 为您带来一个绝妙的发现 关于如何更好地烘烤和煎炸
I’m Mike Wallace with a sensational discovery for better baking and frying.
这是金黄色蓬松的
It’s Golden Fluffo…
尽管如此 你还是要给这个叫波特雷斯的孩子一些信任
Still, you have to give him some credit, this Podres kid.
这对他来说肯定不容易 对吧
It couldn’t have been too easy for him, right?
有这么大的压力
What with the pressure and all…
你看起来真是容光焕发
You look like a million.
好了 去看一下吧
There. Take a look.
现在听着 人们需要更长的时间来适应你
Now listen. It takes people a wee bit longer to warm up to you.
耐心点 耐心点 并且坚持不懈
Just be patient. Patient and persistent.
你会很棒的
You’re gonna be great.
那些箱子很重
And those cases, they’re heavy.
很多人都带着两个箱子
Hell, a lot of the guys are carrying two cases with them.
我欣赏你的决心 但是
I admire your determination, but…
还有能走路
And the walking…
你明白我的意思吗
You understand what I’m getting at?
我只是觉得这没什么用
I just don’t see any way this can work.
对不起
I’m sorry.
谢谢你能来
Thanks for coming in.
这是10月份所有的报表单
All the October statements.
埃尔南德斯先生
Mr. Hernandez.
告诉我最糟糕的销♥售♥路线
Give me your worst route.
把没人要的地方给我
Give me the area nobody wants.
你会有什么损失的呢
What have you got to lose?
如果我能卖♥♥掉它 你就是英雄
If I can sell it, you’re a hero.
波特先生 说实话 这是一项体力劳动
Mr. Porter, let’s be honest. This is a physically demanding job…
而且你残废了 我不知道怎么
and you’re crippled. And I don’t see how-
什么
What?
赞美主
Praise the Lord.
紧张
Nervous?
是的
Yeah.
噢 糟了 我本来要给你做午饭的
Nuts, I was gonna make you a lunch.
不用
No!
给我省事了
Good for me.
我想我也有点紧张
I guess I’m a little nervous, too.
我想你是的
I guess you are.
你还在等什么 他们来车里了吗
What are you waiting for? Them to come to the car?
去卖♥♥肥皂吧
Go sell some soap.
五点在这儿见 -好的
Meet you here at 5:00? – All right.
早上好
‘Morning.
我可以跟你直说吗
May I be candid with you?
我们目录中最有价值的
The greatest value in our catalogue…
是双倍浓度的香草精油
is the double-strength vanilla extract.
它有四盎司 六盎司
It comes in the four-ounce, six-ounce…
没错 就是这样
That’s right!
我说过我会报♥警♥的
I told you I’d call the cops.
天啊 看他们在干什么 拉里
My God! Look what they’re doing. Larry!
我们接到一个电♥话♥
We got a call…
警官 我调查过了
Officer, I’ve done the research.
它悬挂在我们的财产上 法律说
It’s hanging over our property, and the law says-
你看到我的脚了吗 那是松油
Do you see my feet? That’s pine tar.
我原来有白色的地毯 现在我有一条粘糊糊的绿色小路
I’ve got white carpeting. Now I’ve got a sticky green path…
从前门到
from the front door to-
看看你的前门在哪里 看看树在哪里
Look where your front door is, look where the tree is.
看看他们都干了什么 -冷静点
Look what they’ve done! – Calm down.
什么样的人会这么做 他们已经糟蹋了它
What kind of people would do this? They’ve butchered it!
你能停下来吗
Will you stop?
我试过汽油和松油 它闻起来像一个车♥库♥
I have tried gasoline and turpentine, and it smells like a garage.
早上好
Good morning.
我叫比尔·波特
My name is Bill Porter…
我想占用你一点时间告诉你
and I would like to take a moment of your time to tell you…
关于沃特金斯的一些优秀产品
about some of the many fine Watkins products available.
当然 他们都有100% 的退款保证
Of course, they all come with a 100 percent money back guarantee.
我不这么认为
I don’t think so.
那人是谁
Who is it?
一个慈善家
Some charity guy.
我是认真的 你得准备走了 现在
I mean it, you got to get ready to go, now.
不要让狗出去
Don’t let the dog out.
我的名字是比尔·波特 我是
My name is Bill Porter and I was-
花生豆 你能闭嘴吗 回去 坐下
Peanut, would you shut the hell up? Get back. Sit!
谢里 你能把你的狗带走吗 我对天发誓什么
Sheri, will you get your damn dog? I swear to God. What?
我叫比尔·波特
My name is Bill Porter…
我能不能占用你一点时间
and I was wondering if I could take a moment of your time…
给你看一些沃特金斯的产品
to show you some of the many fine Watkins products-
乔伊 我告诉过你把裤子穿上
Joey, I told you to put your pants on.
我曾经养过一条叫乔伊的鱼
I once had a fish named Joey.
你能抓住它吗
Grab him, would you?
谢里 你那该死的狗跑出来了 该死的
Sheri, your damn dog got out. Damn it!
我在厕所里
I’m in the bathroom!
花生豆 过来 花生豆
Peanut! Come here. Peanut!
我可以跟你直说吗
May I be candid with you?
我们目录中最有价值的
The greatest value in our catalogue…
是双倍浓度的香草精油
is the double-strength vanilla extract.
它有4 8和12盎司大小
It comes in the four, eight, and 12-ounce sizes.
显然 12盎司是最有价值的
Obviously, the 12-ounce is the best value.
我真的什么都不需要
Look, I really don’t need anything…
但我很尊重你的所作所为
but I respect what you’re doing so much.
我愿意帮助你
I’d like to help you.
请收下吧
Please, take it.
我不需要施舍
I don’t need charity.
但是你需要除斑剂 看看你的沙发 它太吓人了
But you need spot remover. Look at your couch, it’s appalling.
没有律师 先生
No solicitors, sir.
我是沃特金斯公♥司♥的
I’m from the Watkins Company.
什么 没有律师 先生
What? No solicitors, sir.
什么
What?
什么
What?
我是沃特金斯公♥司♥的
I’m from the Watkins Company.
不 规则 先生
No. Rules, sir!
你想要什么
What do you want?
我不知道 我厌倦了鸡蛋沙拉
I don’t know, I’m tired of egg salad.
来 我帮你扶着
Here, let me get that for you.
谢谢
Thanks.
我可以跟您直说吗
May I be candid with you?
可以的
Yes.
不 坦白 我可以坦白吗
No. Candid. May I be candid?
(Candid – 坦白 与糖果发音相似)
当然
Absolutely.
根据我的经验 最大的划算
In my experience, the greatest value…
在我们的目录里是三效洗衣粉
in our catalogue is the triple-action laundry detergent.
3.95美元一盒
And at $3.95 a box…
您可以看到这是多么的省钱
you can see what a great saving that is.
我可以卖♥♥给您多少货
How many may I put you down for?
二盒
Two.
真的吗
Really?
还有大量的漂白剂
And a large bleach.
我可以请您帮我填一下订单吗
May I ask you to fill in the order for me?