该死
Ugh… God damn it.
NETFLIX 出品
♪ Inside the room Dr. Doom, prepare for the boom, bam! ♪
♪ I slam ♪
♪ Scream like Tarzan ♪
♪ I be tossin’ and flossin’ My style is awesome ♪
♪ I’m causing more family feuds Than Richard Dawson ♪
♪ And the survey said, you’re dead ♪
♪ Fatal Flying Guillotine Chops off your fucking head ♪
♪ Mister, who is that? Ayo, the Wu is back ♪
♪ Making go Bo! Bo! Like I’m Super Cat ♪
♪ Oh, no, here come The Wu-Tang shogun ♪
♪ Killer to my eardrum Put the needle to the groove ♪
♪ I gets rude and I’m forced To fuck it up, my style ♪
♪ More Afro than Rollo Coming to a fork in the road ♪
♪ Which way to go, just follow… ♪
(啊…可恶)
太棒了!
This is nuts! This is so crazy!
我有啤酒和无糖气泡水
我有一瓶烈苹果酒和一包叉骨脆
I’ve got a hard cider and a bag of Crossbone Crunch.
开派对庆祝了
It’s a party.
我太为你激动了 凯特
I’m I’m just so, so thrilled for you, Kate.
敬迪比亚斯基彗星 对吧?
To Comet Dibiasky, right?
-干杯! -好
Cheers!
从你发现它的位置来看
It’s gotta be, look… It’s gotta be an Oort cloud comet
一定是来自奥尔特云的彗星
just based on where you saw it.
它上次距离太阳这么近
Probably the last time it was this close to the Sun
可能远在人类文明之前
was long before human civilization.
看它的弧线 天啊 太神奇了
Look at the arc on that thing. God, it’s amazing.
明迪教授 我们该如何计算 这颗彗星的速度和轨道呢?
How would we find out the comet’s velocity in orbit, Professor Mindy?
问得好
That is a good question.
肯定会很有趣的 我研究生毕业后 就没算过轨道动力学的题了
This will be fun. I haven’t done orbital dynamics since grad school.
问题是…
Question is, what…
卡尔萨根会怎么做?
What would Carl Sagan do?
他会回归第一原理
He would take it back to first principles.
站心向量为ρ
The topocentric vector is rho.
凯特 初始坐标是多少?
Kate, what are the initial coordinates?
21 Twenty-one.
24 Twenty-four.
是不是很有趣 各位?
Thirteen. 13 This is fun, huh, guys?
-哇 你让我兴奋起来了
-67 Sixty-seven. Wow. Now you got me pumped.
-明迪博士 -好的
Dr. Mindy. All right…
你要计算多少个才能…
How many terms do you have to calibrate…
根据马斯登85 这是个很好的近似值
Approximation of coordinates in Marsden, ’85.
现在有了彗星的轨道 我们来看看星历表
Now that we have the comet’s orbit, we will check the ephemeris
这样可以算出彗星和地球之间的距离
and that will give us the distance between the comet and planet Earth.
星历表的数值为什么越来越小?
Why does the ephemeris keep getting lower and lower?
明迪教授?
Professor Mindy?
明迪教授?
Professor Mindy?
各位 要不我们…
You know what, guys? Let’s…
我们今晚就到这吧?
Let’s call it a night, huh?
可是相对位置呢?
But what about the relative position?
我没算清楚 今晚不行 各位 抱歉
I can’t figure this one out. Not tonight, guys. Sorry.
-走吧 我累了 -我也是
Let’s hit it, man. I’m beat. Me too.
-凯特 太棒了 -祝贺你
Kate, this was amazing. Congratulations.
嘿 凯特
Hey, Kate.
你留下
You stay.
(“我希望像我祖父一样 在睡梦中安详地死去)
(而不是惊声尖叫着迈向死亡 就像他的乘客们一样”-杰克汉迪)
考尔德博士
Yeah, uh, Dr. Calder,
密歇根州立大学的教授 和他的研究生们…
a Michigan State professor and his grad students–
我是考尔德博士 我正在会上告诉我的团队
This is Dr. Calder. You pulled me out of a meeting
我们失去了80亿资金 而你把我叫出来接电♥话♥
where I had to tell my team we lost eight billion in funding.
我很抱歉 考尔德博士
I am so sorry, Dr. Calder,
但我们刚发现的这颗彗星
but we are seeing some awfully strange orbital numbers
轨道数据非常奇怪
on this comet we just found.
您已经收到邮件了吧?
They should be in your inbox, right?
-是这个吗? -是这个
Is this it? Yeah. This is it.
是的
Oh, yeah. Yeah. Let me get Dr. Oglethorpe on the line.
我让奥格尔索普博士接电♥话♥ 请稍等
Please hold.
她让我稍等
Uh… Uh, I’m on hold.
她要打给奥格尔索普博士 谁啊?
She’s calling a Dr. Oglethorpe. Who is that?
天啊 我把免提打开吧
Jesus Christ. I’m gonna put them on speaker.
“奥格尔索普博士
“Dr. Oglethorpe,
行星防御协调办公室主任”
head of the Planetary Defense Coordination Office. ”
-真有这种地方? -我不知道
-Is that a real place? I have no idea.
(行星防御协调办公室 是真实存在的机构)
(这是他们的标志)
我是奥格尔索普博士
This is Dr. Oglethorpe.
我是肯尼迪航♥天♥中心的乔斯林考尔德
Yes, this is Jocelyn Calder
嘿 乔斯林
from Kennedy Space Center. Hey, Jocelyn.
是这样 我们通过斯巴鲁望远镜 观测到了一个近地天体
Listen, we got a sighting of an NEO from Subaru telescope.
好的 为什么不直接报告给 小行星研究会?
Okay. Uh… Why you just didn’t report it to the Minor Planet Center?
先生 一位教授 和几位密歇根州立大学的学生
It’s a professor and a bunch of Michigan State students
发现了一个很大的天体
who identified something big.
真的?有多大?
Really? How large?
有多大来着?
How big we talking?
我们观测到其直径大约五到十公里
We clocked it in around five to ten kilometers wide.
直径大约五到十公里
About five to ten kilometers wide.
那挺大的
Uh… That’s a big boy.
这位教授是第一个观测到的人吗?
And, uh, was this professor the one who first made the observations?
是的 我是明迪博士
Hi, yes. Uh, Dr. Mindy.
不 是博士候选人 凯特迪比亚斯基发现的
And And no, PhD candidate Kate Dibiasky found it.
我做了轨道计算
I did the orbital calculations.
我研究死亡星系中的微量气体
I, uh… I study trace gasses in dead galaxies.
有一阵子没发♥论♥文了 你可能没听说过我
I haven’t published in a while so you probably haven’t heard of me.
总之这不重要 抱歉 你的问题是什么来着?
But anyway, that doesn’t matter. Sorry. What was your question?
它的最新轨道预估如何?
What are the most updated estimates on its trajectory?
凯特?
Kate?
我算了一整天 一直是同一个结果
I’ve been running it all day. I keep getting the same result.
六个月零14天后直接撞击地球
A direct hit of Earth in six months and 14 days.
我的结果也一样
Me too.
马修 你的计算结果如何?
Matthew, what are your calculations?
(美国国家航♥空♥航♥天♥局)
小行星侦察器程序计算的结果 是六个月零14天
Um, Scout program is saying six months, 14 days.
我们还有六个月零14天
We got six months and 14 days.
直径大约五到十公里
And it’s roughly five to ten kilometers wide.
也就是…
Which… Which, uh…
那是…
Isn’t that…
灭绝级事件吧?
an extinction-level event?
我们别这么激动
Well, let’s not be dramatic here.
好
Okay, uh…
第一步是出差到华盛顿特区来
First move is to get the school field trip out here to DC.
我们都冷静一下
Let’s all calm down.
我需要第一个发现彗星的人 和负责人一起来
I need the person who first had eyes on the comet
什么?
and the person in charge. What?
…马上把数据分享给剑桥 加州理工和国际天文学♥联♥合会
…share this data immediately with Cambridge, Caltech and IAU.
等一下 这是机密信息
Wait a minute. This is classified information.
怎么回事?
What’s happening?
我需要交由总统决定
I serve at the discretion of the president.
这是真的吗?
Is this really happening?
我们让那名学生和死亡星系教授 马上去西卡姆空军基地
…and the dead galaxy professor to Hickam Air Force base.
华盛顿特区 对吧?嘿!凯特
DC, right? Hey! Hey, Kate.
这不是真的吧?
This isn’t happening, right?
凯特 这不是真的 这是…
Kate, this isn’t real, right? This is, uh…
这是某个平行现实 对不对?
This is just some sort of alternate reality, right?
说点什么啊
Say something.
我得去磕点药
I gotta go get high.
我奉命尽快送你们俩去华盛顿特区 去那儿的飞机只有这架
Word is that I need you both in DC fast. Only plane I got going there is that one.
总之 我是明迪博士 这位是…
Anyway, I am Dr. Mindy. This is–
-你好! -快走!
-Hi! Oh. Go, go, go!
-我们坐哪儿 凯特? -我不知道
Where do we sit, Kate? I have no idea.
有没有什么常用座位…
Is there any customary seating for…
搞什么?这是真的吗? 是该死的玩笑吗?
What the fuck? Is this real? Is this a goddamn joke?
该死
Holy shit.
这不可能是真的 不
This can’t be happening. No.
-布伦登 你是说布伦登? -是的 布伦登
-Brendon. You mean Brendon? Yeah, Brendon.
不 他不够低调 这都是政♥治♥ 泰迪 你懂的
You know, he didn’t keep his head down. It’s all politics, Teddy. You know that.
-你们一定就是兰德尔和凯特 -是的 你好
You must be Randall and Kate.
我是奥格尔索普博士 你们可以叫我泰迪
Yes. Yes, hi. I’m Dr. Oglethorpe, but you can call me Teddy.
抱歉 你刚说你叫…
I’m sorry. Did you say your name…
-我应该叫你“泰迪”? -泰迪
-I should call you “Teddy”? Teddy.