但是这是她能游泳的唯一方法
But that’s the only way she can swim.
我知道 但是他们天生不是那样游的
I know, but they’re not designed to move that way.
有什么最糟糕的
Well, what’s the worst that can happen?
她肌肉会肿起来 不至于很糟糕吧
So she’ll have a bulge. That’s not so bad.
是 但她的脊椎和我们一样 是吗
Yeah, but her spinal cord’s exactly like ours, right?
它控制者一切 呼吸 心跳 还有动作
It’s controlling everything. It’s controlling her breathing, her heartbeat, movement.
所以如果脊椎受伤了
So if it gets damaged…
你的意思是 那样游泳会害死她
So you’re saying swimming like that’s gonna kill her?
我是说 可以通过训练来改善情况 但是
I mean, we can give her some exercises to try to improve it, but…
嗨 需要帮忙吗
Oh, hey, can we help you?
恩 我们在找康奈兰士兵 -凯尔
Yeah, we’re looking for Private Connellan. MIKE: Kyle?
我想他应该在对面的实验室
I think he’s in the lab across the way.
恩
Okay.
我经常告诉他 用那东西指人不礼貌
I’m always telling him it’s not polite to point with that thing.
谢谢 你们
Thanks, guys.
没关系
You’re welcome.
索耶 过来
Sawyer. Come on.
哦 对了 凯尔知道你们要来吗
Oh, hey, does Kyle know you’re coming?
这些机械总不按照我的要求运作
They didn’t machine the darn thing the way I asked them to.
我又不是送人上月球 上帝保佑
It’s not like I’m trying to send a man to the moon, for heaven’s sake. Unh.
进来吧 别光站在那
Well, come on in. Don’t just stand there.
我是卡梅隆·麦卡锡 你们是
I’m Cameron McCarthy. And you are?
我是洛伦 凯尔的小姨
I’m Lorraine, Kyle’s aunt.
嗨
Hi.
这是索耶 他弟弟
And this is Sawyer, his cousin.
家人 非常温馨
Family. Very healing.
起码我是这么听说的
Or so I’m told.
我的职业总让我想去摸一摸
Mine always makes me wanna sharpen the cutlery.
上帝的完美杰作 不是吗
God does quality work, doesn’t he?
我不敢说能做的比这只手还好 等等
I’m not sure I can beat that. Hold on.
让我看看
Let me see.
那是左脚 右脚 还有 哦哦
That’s a left foot, a right foot and… Oh, oh.
美丽的东西在这里
Here’s the beauty.
击掌 -哈哈
High five. -Ha, ha.
哈哈 -请离开
Ha-ha-ha. -Please leave.
我们只想看看你还好吗 凯尔
We just wanna make sure you’re okay, Kyle.
我不好 可以了吗
Well, I’m not, all right?
精神科在楼下 我不管脑子 只管身体
Shrink is down the hall. I don’t do heads, I do bodies.
所以你们尽情唠叨吧 没我事了
So I’m gonna let you all do Jerry Springer without me.
凯尔 等下我们接着做完这个 好吗
Kyle, we’ll finish this up later on, okay?
辣椒汉堡 继爵士舞后美国最好的发明
Chili burger. Best American invention since jazz.
听着
Look…
我没有叫你们来看我
…I didn’t ask you to come see me.
现在你们看到了 可以走了吧
Now you saw me, so just please leave.
好
Fine.
你知道 无所谓
You know, whatever.
你有想过 这对于其他人来说是多困难吗
Did you ever think that this might be hard for other people?
在你身边的人
People besides you?
有吗
Did you?
来点冰激凌怎么样
What do you say we get an ice cream.
索耶
Sawyer.
我在车里等你
I’ll wait for you in the car.
知道吗 受伤的不是你
Look, it’s not you.
行吗
Okay?
我只是需要一些时间
I just need some time.
恩 妈妈说你背部受伤了
Yeah, Mom said that your back was hurt.
你的腿不能动了 还是怎么了
That you can’t move your legs or something?
恩 就是左腿 正在康复中
Yeah, I mean, my left leg, it’s coming back.
但是右腿 他们比较担心
But it’s my right side they’re worried about.
你还能走吗
Will you be able to walk again?
用支架
With a brace…
也许吧
…maybe.
那游泳呢
What about swimming?
告诉我父母 我很好
Just tell my mom and dad I’m doing okay.
不好意思
Excuse me?
嗨
Hi.
我能问你个奇怪的问题吗
Can I ask you a weird question?
好的 我在看 也听着
All right, I’m looking and I’m listening.
我知道
I understand.
但不保证
No promises.
嗨 克雷医生 这个是麦卡锡医生
Hey, Dr. Clay. This is Dr. McCarthy.
哦 你好 医生 -你好
Oh, hi, doctor. -Hi.
我能帮你什么吗
What can I do for you?
我印象中 我之前为你做过些什么
Well, I was under the impression I was here to do something for you.
当时我怕你拒绝
I was afraid you’d say no.
好吧 看下这里
All right. Let’s see here.
恩
Right.
首先 她就像绸缎一样滑
Well, to begin with, she’s as smooth as wet silk.
但是怎么把这尾巴固定在她身上
But how would you keep the daggone thing on her when there’s nothing there?
没有地方可以连接
There’s nothing to attach anything to.
把尾巴按在鱼身上 真是太荒谬了
It’s preposterous anyway, trying to put a tail on a fish.
而且任何有理智的人都不会尝试
And nobody in his right mind would even try.
幸运的是
Luckily…
我不是
…I’m not.
不是什么
Not what?
有理智的人
In my right mind.
那么 那意思是
So, what does that mean?
你要 你要试试吗
You’re gonna…? You’re gonna try?
恩
Well, ahem…
我正准备休假
I’ve got some vacation time coming up.
但是我不敢保证
But I’m not making any promises.
麦卡锡医生
Dr. McCarthy.
那代表她喜欢你
That means she likes you.
恩 那就当作我也很高兴吧
Well, imagine my delight.
真的和我们差不多 一样的脊椎构造
Not much different from us, really. Same vertebral structure.
但是他们的皮肤很敏感 可能忍♥受不了
But their skin is hypersensitive. She might not tolerate anything against it at all.
那这就是第一步了
That’s the first step then.
你做的很好
You’re doing okay.
好的 紧点
Nice and tight.
你设计的需要太多能量
There’s too much power for what you’re proposing to do.
不 不会 我们没必要担心那个
No, there isn’t. We’re not gonna be worried about that.
你刚才说的是磨损方面 能让我说完吗
You were talking about the abrasion part of it. Will you let me finish or what?
好主意 好主意
Good idea. Good idea.
好 我认为 如果这个可以立起来
Fine, I think, if this would stay up.
像这样 -哈哈
Like this? -Ha, ha.
那么这个要同时运动
So this is all gonna be moving at the same time.
这个部分可以使尾鳍像这样动
This part is making the tail kind of go like that.
对
Exactly.
请理解 我们要节省开支
Please understand that we’re strapped for cash.
太棒了
It’s amazing.
太棒了 谢谢你
Amazing. Thank you.
谢谢你
Thank you.
击掌
High five.
你需要什么 卡梅
So, what do you need, Cam?
我想订做些零件
I want you to custom-make some parts for me.
不是我们之前所做的
Not like anything we’ve done before.
也许不成功
It may not work…
而且我没钱付给你
…and I can’t pay you.
除了这一点 我应该兴奋 是吗 哈哈
Other than that, I should be excited, right? Ha-ha-ha.
谁是病人
Who’s the patient?
坏消息
Bad news?
没事 -恩
Doesn’t matter. -Hmm.
支架怎么样
How’s the brace holding up?
不错
It’s fine.
要我用这个做什么 -踢
What am I supposed to do with that? -Kick it.
用最大力气
Hard as you can.
哦 别担心打坏任何东西
Oh, don’t worry about breaking anything.
我有储蓄债券
I own savings bonds.
东西坏了 政♥府♥会买♥♥更多 我能赚钱
Something breaks, the government just buys more. I make money.
我可不认为储蓄债券能这么用
I don’t think that’s how savings bonds work.