Yes.
我就这样!
I will!
假如这就是
If this…
我将度过的一生
is what’s going to pass as living…
我想说啥就说啥!
I’ll damn well say what I want!
噢,这只小猪喝了香槟。
“Oh, this little piggy had champagne.
这只小猪在吃豆。(此为歌♥谣?)
“This little piggy ate beans.”
我为你泡杯茶,你会好一点。
I’ll fix you some tea. You’ll feel better.
不要!
No!
不会
I won’t.
我不会好起来的。
I won’t feel better.
再也不会
I never will.
我再也不会好转了。
I’ll never feel better again.
苍天啊。
Oh, my God.
维拉?
Vera?
维拉!
Vera!
你在干什么?
What the hell are you doing?
别挡着我。
Get out of my way, Dolores.
你想去哪儿?
Where do you think you’re going?
维拉
Vera
上帝啊,你在想些什么!
What in God’s name has gotten into you?
放开我,德洛丽丝!
Let go of me, Dolores!
让我去!
Leave me go!
上帝!
Oh, my God!
上帝啊
Oh, my God.
别说话。
Don’t try to talk.
我马上给医生打电♥话♥。
I’m going to go call the doctor.
别叫医生。
No doctor.
不去医院。
No hospital.
你会没事的。
You’re gonna be all right, Vera.
躺着别动。
You just lie still, don’t move.
你会没事的。
You’re gonna be fine.
德洛丽丝·克莱伯恩居然说我会没事。
Dolores Claiborne says I’m gonna be fine.
真让人释然,
What a relief it is
听见这样的专业观点。
to have a professional opinion.
为什么?
Why?
为何要这样,维拉?
Why’d you do this, Vera?
– 为什么? – 因为…
– Why? – Because…
我憎恨
…I hate…
变老的味道。
the smell of being old.
我累了
I’m tired
我只想去死。
and I want to be done.
你愿意帮我吗,德洛丽丝?
Will you help me, Dolores?
你愿意…
Will you please…
帮我吗?
help me die?
别让我死在医院。
Don’t let me die in some hospital.
杀了我。
Kill me now.
假如你真的想帮助我,
If you really want to help me…
赶快动手。
please hurry.
德洛丽丝,有封挂号♥信。
Dolores, got a certified letter here.
你根本不相信我,是吧?
You don’t believe me, do you?
你认为是我杀了她。
You think I killed her.
我的想法根本没卵用。
What I think doesn’t mean shit.
你该担心的是其他人的想法。
It’s the rest of the world you better start worrying about.
我列了张律师的单子。
I made a list of attorneys.
这些人都来自纽约的大公♥司♥。
These are all the big muscle firms in New York.
请他们需要几天时间,所以周一的时候,
It could take a couple of days, that’s why on Monday…
你不要说一句话。
you’re not gonna say a word.
拿着
Take it.
别忘了,我是在尽力帮你。
In case you missed it, I’m trying to help you.
你觉得我会在乎他人怎么评论我吗?
You think I give a fiddler’s fuck what anybody else says about me?
上帝啊
Oh, Jesus.
是你。
It’s you.
我只在乎你的看法。
What you think is the only thing left that’s important.
我决定不了你是否能免于牢狱。
I can’t send you to prison.
你以为坐牢就是世界末日了?
You think that’s the end of the world?
老天,那才是解脱。
Gorry, that’d be a relief.
坐,睡,
Sit and sleep…
一日三餐被照顾着。
three meals served every day.
也许你就是喜欢悲惨的生活,不是吗?
Maybe you’re just happier being miserable. Is that it?
是吗,母亲?
Is that it, Mother?
如果那样理解对你来说更容易的话。
If it makes it easier for you.
维拉是个贱♥货♥,她虐待人,她刻薄,她小气。
Vera’s a bitch. She’s abusive, she’s mean, she’s cheap.
那为何不离开她?
Why not leave?
为什么不走掉?
Why not just walk?
就像那些纽约人做的?
Like they do in New York?
有人伤害了我,
Someone hurts me…
我就转身离开。
I leave.
相信我,早在去纽约之前我就学会了这点。
Believe me, I learned that long before I got to New York.
我可没伤害你。
I’m not the one that hurt you.
那是什么意思?
What is that supposed to mean?
难道是他的错吗?
You’re blaming him?
我们现在又要谈那件事了吗?
Is that what we’re into now?
他是个酒鬼。
He was a drunk.
他已经尽力了。
Barely got out of his own way.
好吧
Fine…
或许他真的打了你。
maybe he hit you.
我不记得了。
I don’t remember it.
看来很多事你都忘了。
You don’t seem to remember much of anything.
可那时他没怎么为自己辩护,不是吗?
But then, he’s not exactly around to defend himself, is he?
你真的不记得了吗?
You honest to God don’t remember, do you?
听着
Look.
这是单子。
Here’s the goddamn list.
你想怎样随你。
You do what you want with it.
所以你才这样不安?
That’s why you’re so unsettled, ain’t it?
不安?
Unsettled?
不是指惹人厌的?
Don’t you mean “boogery,” Mother?
若是你想要更有意义的分♥析♥,
If you’re attempting a meaningful analysis…
或许我们该重新定义一下我们的措辞。
perhaps we’d best define our terms.
赛琳娜。
Selena.
和他人在互相理解词汇的基础上进行沟通,是批判性思维的基石。
It’s a cornerstone of critical thinking my ability to communicate with an agreed upon vocabulary.
再喝杯酒。
Go have another drink.
别,今晚我已经够尽兴了。
No, I’ve had my fun for the night.
给我坐好了,收起你那套从瓦萨学来的狗屎思维。
You sit down right this minute and you can just stow that Vassar shit.
我们坐下来,你和我…
We’re gonna sit down at this table, you and me…
我们喝一杯。
and we’re gonna have a drink.
等我们完了,
When we’re through
等我说完了,
When I’m through
你就可以上楼去吃那些让你感觉良好的药片了。
you can run upstairs and take whichever of those little pills makes you feel the best.
别说一句话。
Don’t say a goddamn word.
在你喝太多失去理智前,
Before you get too deep in that to make sense, I was wondering
你能看一眼她的成绩单吗。
if you take a look at her report card.
我看到了。
I saw it.
然后呢?
So what?
每个人都会时不时犯点错的。
Everybody slips now and then.
我能离开了吗?
Can I be excused?
不行,直到你跟我说明白怎么回事。
Not till you tell me how an honor student
一个连跳七年级的学生
who skips whole the seventh grade
在2学期内成绩能从A跌到C再降到D。
can go from straight A’s to C’s and D’s in two semesters.
你能放过她吗?
Will you leave her alone already?
不是所有人都像你是学校里的天才。
It’s not like you were some great genius at school.
拜托,克莱伯恩一家出生时连医院都没待过。
Claiborne shit wasn’t even born in a hospital, for Chris’ sake.
我能走了吗?
May I please be excused?
不行。
No, you may not.
你走吧,亲爱的。
Yes, you may. Go right ahead, dear.
真谢谢你
Thanks a lot.
你最好收敛些。
You better learn to stow it.
你会逼她离开这个家的。
You’ll drive her right out the door.
妈妈,你在这里干嘛?
Mom, what are you doing here?
我们俩能一起做渡轮回去,要人陪吗?
Thought you and I might ride back on the ferry together. You mind company?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!