Don’t try my patience.
别考验我的耐心
Either tell me what’s wrong or forget it.
如果你告诉我原因 我就原谅你
I want to ride in the airplane. – Why didn’t you?
我想坐飞机 那时候怎么不上去?
I don’t know.
不知道
Sidda.
丝妲
I understand being afraid.
我知道害怕的感觉
But nobody ever got anywhere by being frightened all the time.
一天到晚害怕就成不了事
When I think of all the stuff I never
想到我不曾…
Want to ride in that airplane? And you can’t live with yourself if you don’t?
想不想坐飞机?没坐到飞机就活不下去?
That’s exactly it.
没错
All right then.
好吧
Who’s honking that horn?
谁在按喇叭?
Sidda and I are going to see a man about an airplane.
我和丝妲要去找那个飞行员
Hi there.
你好
I know you must be utterly exhausted after such a long day
听着…我知道你忙了一天疲惫不堪
but could you consider one more ride, for my daughter?
但能不能再载我女儿飞一次?
No. Sorry. -Please?
不行,很抱歉 求求你
She panicked before, and now shes dying to go up. I’ll pay you.
轮到她时,她吓坏了 现在她好想坐飞机 我会付你钱
Maam, I have to go to Baton Rouge.
我还得去巴顿鲁治
Then fly to Macon, Georgia, in the morning. I’ve been here since 7:00 a.m.
明早要去乔治亚州的美肯 我早上七点就来了
But I can pay you a whole $1 .18.
我付你一美元十八分
Lady, $1 .18 wont cover the gas to get us off the ground.
这点钱只够加油飞离地面
We’ll be back. With money. You just stay right there. Please, don’t go.
我们马上回来…带着钱 留下来,请你先别走
I need some cash, Lyle.
我需要现金,莱尔
Charge $15 to Sheps account. Actually, make it $20.
记十五美元在薛普的帐上 二十美元好了
Sorry, I can’t do that.
抱歉,办不到
Why not? You’ve done it 84,000 times before.
为什么?以前每次都可以
Shep told me I can give you all the gas and service you want
薛普说你想加油 或任何服务都行
but no more cash. Due to all the times before.
就是不能给你现金 因为以前给过太多次了
It’s not what you think. Be a sweetheart, and it’ll stay between us.
事情不是你想的那样 帮个忙,别说出去就好了
He said just gas, no cash. He pays the bills.
他说只加油、不给钱 付帐的人是他
It’s okay, Mama, never mind. Let’s give up and go on home.
没关系啦,算了,我们回家吧
Siddalee Walker.
丝妲莉沃克…
Don’t you ever let me hear you utter those words again! Do you understand?
别再让我听到你说这种丧气话 听见没?
Come on, get out of the car.
来吧,下车
I have a proposition for you. How much gas are you buying this afternoon?
我有个提议 你今天要加多少油?
I’m filling up.
加满
Let me put it on my husbands charge account, and pay me cash.
记在我老公帐上,你付我现金
What do you say?
可以吗?
Okay. I see what you’re saying.
好,我懂你的意思
Cause I’m married to a tight-fisted son of a bitch myself.
我也嫁了一个吝啬的混♥蛋♥老公
Have a wonderful day.
祝你一天愉快
Lyle! You’ve been outsmarted once again!
莱尔,我又智取你了
Get your homely ass out of that chair and pump this lovely woman a tankful.
快滚出来替这位女士加满油 走吧
Which way is your house?
你家在哪个方向?
That way.
那边
There it is. See it?
在那里,看见没有?
Isn’t it like a fairyland?
很像桃花源吧?
Don’t we live in the most magical place?
我们住的地方是人间仙境
Were like two angels, up in the sky, smiling down on all our friends.
我们是飞翔的两个天使 对地面上的朋友们微笑
Hi.
嗨
You say that like you know it’s me.
你的口气好像知道是我
It is you.
本来就是你
Maybe it’s good there’s a lot of people here.
或许应该庆幸来了很多人
Stick by me. She’s putty in my hands. – Watch your driving.
跟着我,她在我掌控中 小心开车
Chaney. -Siddalee Walker. Free at last.
钱尼!丝妲莉沃克,终于自♥由♥了
Thank God Almighty.
谢天谢地
Meet Connor.
他是康纳
Willetta. -Hello.
葳蕾塔! 甜心!
You know Connor. -Hi, Connor.
他是康纳 嗨,康纳
Come on, son, come with me. Well meet the Walker men.
跟我来 我们去找沃克家的男人
Mama, that reporter -Nope.
妈,那个记者…别说了
Truth hurts, kiddo. That’s all.
真♥相♥很伤人,如此而已
I’m sure I had it coming.
我是罪有应得
Mama, l -There are some things for which
妈… 宝贝,有些事情…
I don’t expect to be forgiven.
我不指望别人会原谅我
Not by my children.
甚至是自己的小孩
Not even by God.
甚至是上帝
There are some things for which it would be ludicrous to say
有些事让人觉得 就连道歉都很可笑…
I’m sorry.
很抱歉
It’d be so
实在是…
So pale.
太无力了
I guess I owe you an apology – No, you don’t.
我要向你道歉 不,你不必了
Don’t say it.
别道歉
I’ve been thinking about what I’d say to you, should we ever speak again.
我一直在想该对你说什么 若我们停止冷战的话
I thought of all the mean things that’d make you feel guilty. You know me.
我想遍了所有 能让你内疚的狠话 你最了解我了
I take a problem and chew on it until all the flavors gone
我遇到问题就会钻牛角尖
and then I stick it in my hair.
最后不了了之
And then it dawned on me.
我突然恍然大悟
All those years
这么多年以来
that I prayed
我祷告
that I begged on my hands and knees
跪在地上恳求…
for God to make me more, give me more
希望上帝能多给我一点什么
make me better
让我活得更好
make me stronger
让我更坚强
make me saner
让我更理智
make all my dreams come true
让我的梦想都成真
I finally got an answer.
我终于得到了解答
What?
什么解答?
You.
就是你
Right there in one person, all I’d ever wanted to be or do.
出现了一个我梦寐以求的目标
And there you are.
那就是你
You came right through me
你是我的美梦成真
and I never even realized.
我却浑然不自觉
I hate it when it’s right in front of your face and you miss it. Dont you?
我最痛恨近在眼前而错失良机
You goddamn marry that boy. -I will.
你一定要嫁给那个小子 我会的
I know I have the worst mother in the worldprize sewed up and in the bag
我知道我是世上 最不称职的母亲
but I’d still like to be there.
但我还是想出席你的婚礼
Well.
干脆就在这里举♥行♥吧
Maybe we could have it here?
干脆就在这里举♥行♥吧
That would just be
不行 那样太…
convenient. I could walk to it.
太方便了,走路都能到
You could.
是啊
Here. I’ve been waiting to give you that.
拿去吧,我早就想送你了
I almost lost it once, but I got it back.
有一次差点搞丢 但又找回来了
It’s so beautiful, Mama. Thank you.
好漂亮,妈,谢谢你
There’s one more thing I want to ask.
我还想问你一件事
Then you go dance until your socks melt.
回答完,你就去尽情地跳舞吧
Okay.
好啊
But I want you to be totally honest.
但你一定要据实以答
Are you sure?
你确定?
Yes. -Okay.
确定 好吧
Do I look like I’ve gained weight?
我是不是变胖了?
No. Actually, I think you may be too thin.
没有,我还觉得你太瘦了呢
God love you, darling.
上帝爱你
Now you can go have some fun. -Okay.
你可以去玩乐了 好啊
She’ll love it.
她一定会喜欢
Make a wish. Make a wish.
许愿!许愿!
This way.
这边请
Put your game face on.
表情要严肃一点
You are now in the inner sanctum of the temple of the Ya-Ya. Enter.
你已经进入了丫丫圣殿 进来吧
Bring forth the petit.
把新人带过来
As you have seen the secret Ya-Ya documents
你看过了丫丫的秘密文件
and heard secret Ya-Ya secrets
听到了丫丫的秘密
it is now time for you to give yourself to nature
所以现在…你要把自己交给大自然
and heed the Ya-Ya call.
留意丫丫的感召
Silence. -Sorry.
安静! 对不起
You are about to be initiated as an intimate of the secret order.
你即将加入 为秘密组织正式成员
We wear headdresses of the queens who have gone before us
我们戴上了古代皇后的头饰
who ask us to carry on their magic.
我们奉命承继她们的魔法