You just got to let the child feel the way she feel.
你必须让那孩子自己去体验
There ain’t nothing else to do. -Shit.
没别的办法了 真是的
Clubs are trump. It’s all trumps.
黑梅是王牌 都是王牌
Oh, my God. Look at how young y’all are.
天哪,你们当时好年轻
Oh, my God!
天哪
I would give anything to know then what I know now.
真希望当年能有现在这么睿智
And to still have those thighs.
身材也依然苗条紧实
I’m sure theyre still buried in there somewhere.
挖开肥肉应该还看得到
What in the hell?
什么嘛?
That was when we went to Atlanta for the premiere of Gone With the Wind.
那是我们去亚特兰大 参加“乱世佳人”首映
You’re joking. -No. My Uncle James invited us.
别闹了 我叔叔詹姆斯邀请我们去
Aunt Louise was a big society hoity-toity in Atlanta.
露薏丝婶婶在亚特兰大 很吃得开
Oh, Necie.
妮西!
Oh, my letter. -Necie, where were you?
我的亚特兰大 妮西,怎么没有你?
My parents didn’t think Willetta was a suitable chaperone
我爸妈觉得葳蕾塔不可靠
so I missed the big scene.
所以不让我去
But your mama, the budding journalist, wrote to me every day.
但你妈那个新手记者 每天都写信给我
All two of them.
两天都写
Dearest Countess Singing Cloud
亲爱的吟云女伯爵…
we arrived in Atlanta after an eternity on the Southern Crescent.
我们在南方新月号♥列车上 坐了好久才到亚特兰大
They made Willetta ride in the colored car
他们强迫葳蕾塔坐进黑人车厢
so we were on our own almost the whole way.”
所以一路上都只有我们几个
Girls, get yourselves on upstairs now.
女孩们,上楼吧
And for heavens sake, get that maid in a uniform right away.
拜托 马上叫那个女佣换上制♥服♥
And get that ugly luggage into the house
把那袋烂行李搬进屋里
before somebody thinks we got a bunch of hobos coming to stay.
免得别人以为 流浪汉来我们家住
Know what Mama says? She says Uncle James and Aunt Lou are nouveaux riches.
你知道我妈怎么说吗? 怎么说?她说詹姆斯叔叔夫妇是暴发户
What’s that? -I don’t know. But it’s not good.
什么意思?不知道,反正不太好
“But, sugaroo
但从他们家看起来
from the looks of this place, nouveau riche is better than no riche.
暴发户总好过无家可归
You never saw so many beautiful things in all your life.
这辈子没看过这么多 漂亮的东西
It’s like a museum, or even a palace.
就像博物馆一样,甚至皇宫
Just think. All this
想想看
and I’m gonna meet Miss Margaret Mitchell and Clark Gable too.”
我还能见到玛格丽特密邱和克拉克盖博
I feel like a Paris princess.
我好像是巴黎的公主
What y’all doing in that tub? How are y’all supposed to get clean?
干嘛挤在浴缸里?这样怎么洗得干净?
Get on out of there!
快出来
Look at you, all done up in that uniform.
葳蕾塔,你穿的是法式制♥服♥
I’ll take a picture and show everyone at home!
我要拍照,带回去现宝
No, you aint. Now, get your clothes on for fancy dinner.
不行 快穿上衣服吃大餐了
They got it all done up like theys the king of England.
厨房♥里像侍候英王一样在准备呢
Isn’t this the most magnificent thing we could ever happen?
从来没遇过这么棒的事
I suppose that’s what I’d be thinking if I was you. Come on.
换作是我也会这么想 过来
Lord, I done died and gone to hell.
天哪,我好像死了下地狱一样
“When we went upstairs, our beds were turned down
我们上楼时,床都铺好了
just like in a fancy hotel.
就像高级饭店一样
But even though it was the most exciting night of my life
但纵使这是我毕生 最兴奋的一夜
I had a feeling things weren’t going so well for Willetta.”
我还是觉得葳蕾塔不太对劲
Willetta?
葳蕾塔?
What you doing down here? Get yourself back up in that bed.
你来这里干嘛?快回床上躺好
Why are you crying?
你为什么哭?
Because I misses my family. – You miss Maman Delia?
因为我想念家人 你想念狄莉亚外婆?
Child, your gran ain’t my family.
孩子,你外婆不是我的家人
I got my own gran. And my own mama and daddy too.
我有自己的外婆 也有自己的爸妈
You want to play cards? Like at home?
要不要玩牌?像在家里那样?
No, child, I don’t want to play no cards.
不了,我不想玩牌
Then how about some hot chocolate? Will you make me some, Willetta?
喝杯热巧克力吧?你泡给我喝?
Child, if you want hot chocolate, go fix it yourself.
想喝热巧克力就自己去泡
James! Why in the world are you wearing that hat in the house?
詹姆斯,在屋里干嘛戴帽子?
Will Miss Mitchell be at the premiere? – Who knows?
密邱小姐会参加首映吗? 天晓得那女人想怎样
After the Junior League denied her membership, she’s been unpredictable.
女青联盟不让她入会 她就变得阴晴不定
Of course, she left us no choice, and she’s still steaming.
她让我们别无选择还在生气呢
She brought it on herself with that Apache dance.
她是跳了印第安舞咎由自取
Here’s your hot chocolate, just like you likes it.
这是你最爱喝的热巧克力 拿去吧
Who told you you could walk your black Louisiana ass into our dining room?
谁准你这个 路易西安那州的黑鬼 进我们家餐厅?
You got ears, nigger? Get on out of here.
你没听见吗? 滚出去!
Did I hear you right? -What, yall deaf?
我没听错吧?怎样?你们都聋了?
I heard him loud and clear. -Me too.
我听得很清楚 我也是
Shut your mouth, you prissy-ass little mamas boy!
闭嘴,娘娘腔的家伙!
Apologize before I send you back to – Aunt Lou!
快道歉,否则我送你回… 婶婶!
Let go of her, or I’ll let that ugly halfwit you call Junior have it again!
放开她,否则我找你儿子下手
Don’t you dare!
不准!
Oops, slipped.
失手了
I’m sorry, Mrs. Whitman. I’m sorry your son is a baboons ass.
惠曼太太 很遗憾你儿子是狒狒
Ya-Ya!
丫丫!
What a wretched woman!
好恶毒的女人
She’s dead now, I’m happy to say.
她死了,真大快人心
I never saw my mama so proud as when we stepped off that train.
我们下火车时 我妈骄傲得不得了
Buggy, on the other hand, made Vivi do penance for a month.
但芭姬处罚薇薇悔过一个月
She thought for sure she’d lost her place in heaven.
她认定薇薇上不了天堂 芭姬也是个怪人
Worrying about the afterlife is no way to live through this one.
担心来世就不能好好过此生
Honey, your Grandma Buggy was about
甜心,你的芭姬外婆
the unhappiest person I think I have ever seen.
是我见过最不快乐的人
And there was something in Vivis very nature that
薇薇本性中有一部份…
Scared the shit out of her.
吓坏她了
She was overwhelmed by Vivis life force. Nothings changed.
薇薇的生命力令她讶异 一切都没改变
Since your mama came into this world
你妈出生后就占据了整个房♥间
she took up all the space in the room.
你妈出生后就占据了整个房♥间
That’s my brother, Jack. – I didn’t know you had one.
那是我哥杰克 我不知道你有哥哥
That’s why youre here, bebe, to know what you didn’t know.
所以才带你来 揭露你不知道的事
May I tell you a secret?
告诉你一个秘密
In my prayers
我每次祷告时
I thank God for granting my son his true love at an early age.
都感谢上帝让我儿子 这么早就得到真爱
Sunflower, will you come and take a walk with me?
向日葵…陪我去散散步
Of course.
好啊
You don’t wanna be a pilot, you want to impress your father.
你骗人 你不想当飞行员 只想讨好你♥爸♥
Come on, Vivi, I ain’t doing this just for him.
别这样,我不只是为了他
There’s a war on. It’d be wrong not to go.
战争爆发了,不去不行
It’d be wrong to leave me here. You said
你也不能丢下我 你说过…
I’m sorry, bebe. It’s already done.
抱歉,已经决定了
Besides, I gotta do something right for the old man.
况且我总得做点事讨好我爸
Will you come back? -Of course.
你会回来吗? 当然会
Swear on the Virgin. -I swear.
以圣母起誓 我发誓
Swear on your mothers life. -I swear.
以你♥妈♥的♥性命起誓 我发誓
Now I want you to make me a promise.
你要答应我一件事
Promise me that when I come home
答应我,我从战场上回来时
you’ll be the one I come home to, you understand?
你依然等着我,听见没?
What if I’m away being a big city newspaper woman ?
说不定我去大城市开报社…
You can do anything you set your mind to. You know that, don’t you?
你想做什么就放手去做 你应该明白吧?
I’m going to miss you.
我会想你
He made me swear not to till he told you.
他要我发誓,等他亲口告诉你
You should have warned me. What did Genevieve say?
你早该警告我 尚薇叶怎么说?
She cried and begged him to change his mind.
她哭着求他改变心意
Daddy called her unpatriotic. He gave a speech and made a toast.
我爸骂她不爱国 他发表了长篇大论,还敬酒
Mama swore she’d never drink to a son going to war
我妈不肯向要上战场的 儿子敬酒
so now Daddys in the doghouse.
所以我爸麻烦大了
Amen.
阿门
There’s not a goddamn breeze in Louisiana.
整个路易西安那州都没半点风
Will someone please wring me out?
谁来替我拧干衣服?
We cannot just sit here and puddle.
我们不能枯坐在这儿淌汗
We’ll have to make our own breeze!
我们要自己制♥造♥微风
No! Don’t you do that!
不行啦 别这样
Oh, my God!
天哪
Do not pull over, Teensy. I mean it!
“桑顿保安官” 千万别停车,婷喜 我说真的
If you can’t talk your way out of this one, then I don’t know what!
这次你非得巧言 让我们过关不可
We are going straight to hell.
我们要下地狱了
Yeah, we went to jail. I was so proud.
我们进了牢,我引以为傲
Your mama was a bad influence.
你妈把我们带坏了
If not for you, our moral fiber would’ve been shredded to rags.
要不是你出生了 我们就会道德沦丧到极点
Teensy, smack her for me!
婷喜,替我揍她

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!