不记得 – 你记得的
No. – You do.
“你要一个人孤独终老吗?”
“Will you grow old alone?”
还有“你要一个人无依无靠 没有天伦之乐可享地老去吗?”
No, no. “Will you grow old with no family, no joys?”
“多♥维♥德是个好男孩 他……
“Dovid is a good boy. He…
“他很慷慨 也很爱你 嫁给他吧”
“He has a generous heart, and he’s crazy about you. Marry him.”
所以我离开之后 一切都还顺风顺水嘛
So everything was all right when I left?

No.
我病了
I was ill.
什么病?
What sort of ill?
相思病
In my head.
拉比很担心我
The Rav was afraid for me,
如果我必须要和一个男人做♥爱♥
and if I had to sleep with a man,
为什么不和我们最好的朋友呢?
why not with our best friend?
艾斯蒂 噢……
Oh, Esti…
我猜 他觉得婚姻一定可以“治好”我
I think, I think he felt that marriage would cure me.
这场婚姻也不完全是一场灾难
It hasn’t been a complete disaster.
你觉得这就够了?
And that’s enough?
每周五你俩都得做♥爱♥吗?
Do you have to have sex every Friday?
当然咯 -真是迂腐
It’s expected. – It’s medieval.
也倒不是强制的
It’s not mandatory.
没有人会因为不想做 就受罚
Nobody gets beaten if they don’t feel like it.
你难不成被洗♥脑♥了?
What happened to you?
没有
Nothing.
但我脑子里全是你
You happened to me.
然后我开始教书 这对我来说很重要
And then I started teaching and that became important.
你又不一定非得在这教书
You can teach anywhere.
我真的很爱这些女孩儿
I really love the girls.
我让她们活得有雄心壮志
And I give them ambition.
什么雄心壮志? 生七个孩子 然后做个好妻子?
To do what? Push out seven babies and be a good wife?
别这么说 我是个好老师
Don’t. Don’t. I’m a good teacher.
我教她们学会自我评估 -好吧 那你呢?
And I help them to value themselves. – Okay, but what about you?
我就是这么做的
That is me.

Huh.
怎么了?
What?
来根烟吗?
Do you want a cigarette?
不了
No.
那你呢?你开心吗?
And you? Are you happy?
我开心啊
Yes, I am.
你和其他女人在一起了吗?
Have you been with other women?
没有
No.
没有什么实际进展
Not really.

Mmm.
你呢?
And you?
没有
No.
艾斯蒂 但是
But, Esti…
你还是只想和女人上♥床♥吗?
Do you still only fancy women?
嗯哼
Mmm-hmm.
你的包 呃
Your bag is, um…
怎么了?
What?
非常性感
It’s extremely erotic.
我能带着它兜一圈吗? -呃 不可以
Can I take it for a spin? – Mmm-mmm. No.
你不是犹太教♥徒♥ 你可没有这权利
You’re not frum. You don’t get one.
噢 别这样嘛
Oh, please.
不 -很快的 给我吧
No. – A quick spin. Come on.
求你了 -好吧 就一圈
Please. – Fine. Have a turn
真是个性感的包 宝贝儿
One sexy bag, baby.
那我们的孩子在哪?
What about children?
三个红头发的小崽子都在包里呢
I have three in the bag. All redheads.
我觉得还挺搭我的
I think it suits me.
这是我们第一次接吻的地方
This is where you first kissed me.
你能回来 真是太疯狂了
It’s insane that you’re here.

Oh, fuck!
洛妮特?
Ronit?
是你吗?
Is that you?
是的 -你在这儿干嘛?
Yes. – What are you doing here?
我只是在老地方转转
Oh, I’m just having a wander around the old places.
这是我丈夫 莱夫
This is my husband, Lev.
这是拉比的女儿 洛妮特
This is Ronit, the Rav’s daughter.
记得吗? 我把她的事都告诉你了
Remember? I told you all about her.
近况如何 莱夫?
How’s it going, Lev? Hi.
我听说你要出席悼礼
I hear that you’re attending the Hesped.
拉比真的是个伟人
The Rav was a truly great man.
哦 是的 我知道 我是他的女儿
Oh, yes, I know, I’m his daughter.
来根烟吗?
Would you like a cigarette?
那是雷蓓辛·库珀曼吗?
Was that Rebbetzin Kuperman?
不是
No.
艾斯蒂
Esti!
你没事吧?
Are you all right?
是的 我没事
Uh, yes. I’m fine.
艾斯蒂……
Esti…
我马上出来
I’ll be out in a minute.
怎么了?
What’s happened?
什么?
What?
发生什么了?
What’s happened?
(《奥赛罗》第三幕第四场)“这是真的 这一方小小的手帕 却有神奇的魔力织在里面
“‘Tis true. There’s magic in the web of it.
“它是由一个二百岁的神巫
“A sibyl, that had number’d in the world
“在一阵心血来潮的时候缝就的
“The sun to course 200 compasses,
“它那一缕缕的丝线
“In her prophetic fury sew’d the work.
“也不是世间的凡蚕所吐
“The worms were hallow’d that did breed the silk,
“它曾经
“And it was dy’d in mummy which the skilful
“在用处♥女♥的心炼成的丹液里浸过”
“Conserv’d of maidens’ hearts.”
萨拉 读的不错
Very good, Sara.
目前为止 你们觉得这幕剧中最突出的是什么
So what stands out for you in the play so far?
上面有草莓的手帕
The handkerchief. With the strawberries on it.
嗯哼
Mmm-hmm.
为什么它这么重要?
And why is that significant?
有谁知道吗?
Anyone?
还记得奥赛罗怎么说它是如何完成的吗?
Do you remember what Othello says about how it was made?
丽娜 你来
Yes, Rina.
他说上面的红色是用处♥女♥的血染出来的
He says that the red of it was dye from virgins’ blood.
没错 对吧?
That’s right. That’s right. Yes?
还有谎言
And the lies.
伊阿古说的谎越来越多 你也不知道他为什么要撒谎
Iago just lies more and more. And you don’t know why.
嗯 还有杀戮 库珀曼老师
Mmm. And the killing, Mrs. Kuperman.
那很可怕 -的确
That was horrible. – It was.
苔丝狄蒙娜的死很震撼
Her death is very shocking.
但是……
But…
抱歉打断你 库珀曼老师 -没关系
I’m sorry to interrupt, Mrs. Kuperman. – It’s all right.
夏皮罗女士要见你
Mrs. Shapiro needs to see you.
谢谢你 下课了我会过去
Uh, thank you. I’ll go in the break.
她说 现在就过去
Immediately, she said.
你们分组阅读这场剧
Keep reading the scenes in pairs, girls.
我马上回来 谢谢
I’ll be right back. Thank you.
早上好 同学们
Good morning, girls.
早上好 谢恩伯格老师
Good morning, Miss Scheinberg.
继续读吧
Carry on reading where you left off.
进来吧 艾斯蒂
Come in, Esti.
夏皮罗女士……
Mrs. Shapiro…
来 先坐下
Have a seat.
如果你选择来接手拉比的工作 我们都很开心
We would all be very happy if you chose to take on the Rav’s work.
当然了 可能会有些障碍 这是难以避免的
There are always obstacles, of course, to anything that is challenging.
无论以哪一种方式
It would be difficult to measure up to the Rav
都难以达到前一任拉比那样的高度
in any meaningful way.
对了 你妻子
And your wife.
她对你接管教会这事儿支持吗
She would welcome it if you took over the shul?
是的 无论如何艾斯蒂都会支持我的
Yes. Esti will support me with whatever decision I make.
那洛妮特·克鲁席卡呢
And Ronit Krushka?
看到她出现我们可都很惊讶啊
We were surprised at her presence.
洛妮特还在哀悼
Ronit is grieving.
我们应该在悼礼上让她宾至如归
And we will make her very welcome at the Hesped.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!