No, I’m sweeping.
不会啊 我在绕啊
How’s it going with James?
你和詹姆斯怎样了?
I got homework to do.
我要做功课
You know what, sweetie?
亲爱的 你知道吗
I’ve been wanting to ask you
我一直想问问
if you have any questions or…
你和詹姆斯相处时
concerns, you know, about you and James.
有没有什么疑虑或担忧
It’s like dancing with my mother’s ironing board.
我好像在跟我妈的熨衣板跳舞
Just close your eyes.
闭上眼睛
Why?
干嘛
Just do it.
闭上就对了
It’s awkward to talk about, but…
说出来有点奇怪
it’s important that you not let a boy pressure you.
但不能让男生强迫你 这很重要
And even if you have certain feelings…
有时你跟詹姆斯在一起
when you’re with James…
可能会有些感觉
feelings that you aren’t used to having…
令你不太习惯
Oh, God!
哦 天啊
Do you have to be such a guy?
男生怎么都这样?
OK.
好吧
OK, I’ll be the girl.
我来做女生
The decisions you make now, the choices you make…
你现在的决定和选择
could affect your whole life.
可能会影响你的一生
Do you understand what I’m saying?
你明白吗
You do?
明白了?
I didn’t want to waste the music.
我不想浪费这好音乐
No, of course not.
嗯 当然
What’s the problem?
怎么了?
Why are you so afraid to let me lead you?
为什么那么害怕我碰你?
I’m not.
我没有
You are. When you’re ready to say you’re afraid…
你有 等你能承认你害怕
Iet me know.
再告诉我
Hey. Sorry.
嘿 不好意思
No, no, no. Stay. I’m almost done anyway.
不 不 别走 我快练完了
So, what did you decide?
怎么样 你决定了吗
I entered the contest.
我决定参加比赛
All right. Good for you.
这很好啊
So, how’s it going?
准备得怎样?
Oh, great. It’s going great.
挺好的
Really?
真的吗
No, it’s not.
唉 其实不太好
God, I must have been crazy to think we could do this.
天啊 我是疯了才觉得我们能行
It’s in two weeks…
两周后比赛就开始了
and whenever he pushes, I pull…
每次他前进 我后退
and I’m flowing, and I’m being free…
我放松自己舞动起来
and I’m making a circle…
我转圈
and I’m not an ironing board anymore…
也不再僵硬得像熨衣板
and it’s still not working.
可还是不行
And now he says, “You’re afraid.”
现在他又说 你很害怕
Are you?
你害怕吗
No.
不怕
That’s too bad.
那太糟糕了
Come here un momento.
过来一下
Stand right here.
站在这里
Let me see your frame.
让我看看你的姿势
Good.
很好
A little pressure.
手抬高一点
So, where’d you learn this?
你从哪学的舞蹈?
My parents. They were dancers.
我父母 他们都是舞者
Really?
是嘛?
Relax.
放松
Yes.
就这样
Drop your arms.
把手放下
Breathe.
吸气
Now just basic.
试试基本舞步
Good.
很好
What did you mean when you said, “That’s too bad”?
你刚刚为什么说 太糟糕了?
If you can’t move through your fear…
如果你不能克服心中的恐惧
and connect with yourself…
不能敞开心扉
there’s absolutely no way…
那绝对不可能
you’re gonna connect with your partner.
和舞伴心有灵犀
Listen to me.
听我说
I know that it’s scary as hell…
我知道让人触碰你的身体
to let another person touch that part of you.
会让你很害怕
But if you do, it’s worth it.
但如果做得到 那就值得
Now forget everything I just said and dance.
现在忘掉我说的话 尽情跳舞吧
The floor is yours.
舞池是你的了
I’ll see you.
回见
OK, I am.
好吧 我承认
You’re what?
承认什么?
Afraid.
我害怕
So the movement has to be fluid like the water.
动作要像水一样灵动
Afro-Cuban dance, it’s the dance of slaves.
非洲古巴舞 是奴隶的舞蹈
When they danced, it was their only time to feel free.
只有跳舞的时候 他们才能感到自♥由♥
So they could be a bird, you know…
所以他们可以像鸟儿一样
or do a flamenco step
或者跳弗拉明戈舞步
and make fun of their owners.
嘲笑他们的主人
Or just be in the sea…
又或者融入大海
instead of being stuck on an island away from home.
忘记自己被困在远离家园的岛屿上
It’s a dance
翩然起舞时
about being exactly who you want to be in that moment.
你会成为理想的自己
It has to feel and look
你的动作一定要像
as natural as the waves.
海浪般自然
Coming…
潮来
and going.
潮往
Coming…
潮来
We were having dinner, and there was a knock on the door.
那时我们在吃晚餐 有人来敲门
Suddenly two policemen were taking my father away.
两名警♥察♥把我父亲带走了
The traitor could have been anyone.
谁都可能出♥卖♥♥♥了我父亲
Batista has his spies everywhere.
到处都是巴蒂斯塔的特务
That’s the thing, you know?
你知道吗 这就是命
My father never hurt anybody.
我父亲没有伤害过任何人
He was just a free thinker…
他只是一个自♥由♥思想者
but someone didn’t like his thoughts.
但有人不喜欢他的想法
We had a funeral but we never found his body.
我们举♥行♥了葬礼 但是没有找到尸体
Carlos disappeared for a while,
卡洛斯害怕他会成为下一个受害者
afraid he would be next…
到外面躲了一阵
and then this girl shows up with a baby…
一天有个女孩抱着孩子来我家
says it’s his and she cannot afford it…
说是卡洛斯的 她养不了
and suddenly I’m in charge of my whole family.
突然间我肩负起了养活全家的重担
Maybe it’s not what you want for yourself…
可能这不是你想要的生活
but you are making a difference.
但是你却做得很好
There’s a revolution out there, and what am I doing?
人们正在进行革命 而我在做什么
Just painting stolen cars and baby-sitting.
只是给赃车涂新漆 回家带孩子
No, you’re keeping your family alive.
不 你维持了全家的生计
That’s the most important thing you could do.
这就是最重要的事
If we could really win this contest…
如果我们真的赢得比赛
maybe I could bring my family to America with us.
说不定我能带家人搬到美国去
Your parents, they’re perfect.
你的父母 真是优秀的舞者
You see how much they want to be in each other’s arms?
他们多么渴望将对方拥入怀中
For us to dance together, I mean really dance…
我们一起跳舞 我是说真正的舞蹈
that’s how it has to be.
就应该是这样
Oh, don’t let us interrupt you.
哦 你们继续
No, we were just…
不 我们只是…
Yeah, we saw.
嗯 我们看见了
Listen, we have more stuff in the alley…
听着 哈维尔 如果你想点干正事
if you want to do something useful, Javier.
巷子里面还有东西要搬
I should get home.
我该回家了
Thanks for stopping by.
想起来回家了?
It’s half an hour before curfew.
离宵禁还有半个小时呢
What’d you do, join the circus?
你去哪了 参加马戏团了?