November 1958,my senior year of high school.
一九五八年的十一月 我在读高三
While other girls were dancing to Elvis…
那时其他女孩都沉醉于猫王舞步
and dreaming about prom dates…
期盼着毕业舞会
I was reading Jane Austen and dreaming about college.
而我在读简·奥斯汀 期盼着大学生活
And then my parents announced…
有一天我父母突然宣布
we were moving to Cuba…in a week.
我们要在一个星期内搬去古巴
Slamming doors and giving the silent treatment…
不管是摔门还是以沉默来抗♥议♥
couldn’t change that…
也改变不了他们的决定
but it was easier than admitting I was really scared.
但这比承认我害怕容易得多
At least everyone else was happy.
但至少我家人都很高兴
Dad got his big promotion from Ford.
父亲在福德公♥司♥高升了
Mom got to travel in style,and Susie…
母亲可以风风光地旅行了 而苏西
I swear that girl could adjust in a hurricane.
她就算在飓风中也能泰然自若
Welcome to the Hotel Oceana.
欢迎来到海洋酒店
Not too shabby, huh?
还不错 对吧
Here’s what I know about Cuba…
这就是我所了解的古巴…
my high-school French wasn’t going to help me.
我高中学的法语派不上用场
I didn’t know a single person…
一个人都不认识
and though no one would talk about it…
虽然没人会谈及这个
Fidel Castro was leading a people in a revolution…
菲德尔·卡斯特罗:古巴前领导人 推♥翻♥了巴蒂斯坦亲♥美♥独♥裁♥政♥权♥
against President Batista…
巴蒂斯塔·伊·萨尔迪瓦:古巴总统 亲♥美♥独♥裁♥者
not that you would know it from this place.
至少这里你不会听到这种事
This is Cuba. Nobody cares what you do here.
这就是古巴 没人管你做什么
Susie, you want a smoke?
苏西 抽烟吗
Watch out for this one.She’s a bad influence.
小心这小姐 她会带坏你
I’ll take that as a compliment.
我当你在夸我好了
She’ll have you ditching classes in no time.
她很快就会唆使你逃课了
As I recall,there’s a certain someone…
如果我没记错 某人
that likes to ditch them with me.
喜欢和我一起逃课
Don’t forget to sign up for mambo lessons.
别忘了报名参加曼波舞课
Mambo classes are held every day…
每天都有课程
My God. June Cleaver is in Havana.
琼·克莉佛:电视剧《反斗小宝贝》里一个完美主妇的母亲 完美榜样的代名词
Actually, that’s my sister Katey. She’s a real brain.
事实上 那是我姐姐凯蒂 她很聪明
Oh, really?
噢 真的吗
Yeah. She’s probably going to Radcliffe.
可不 她可能会考上拉德克利夫学院
What, majoring in fashion?
哦?主修时装吗
Why don’t you join us? There’s room here.
过来和我们一起吧 这里有位置
I’m James Phelps.
我是詹姆斯·菲尔普斯
Hi. Katey Miller.
嗨 我是凯蒂·米勒
Pleasure to meet you.
很高兴认识你
Are you the… Yeah.
你是不是… 是的
Your dad works for my dad. Yeah.
你父亲在我父亲手下工作 是的
This is Sheila, Eve, Polly, and Steph…
这是希拉 伊芙 波莉 还有史蒂夫
and I guess you know Susie,right?
你认识苏西 对吧
So, are you really going to Radcliffe?
你真要去拉德克利夫学院读书吗
I won’t know till spring.
到春天才能知道
Whoa. Watch out, girls.
哇 姑娘们 注意啦
I guess if your head’s in your books…
如果你满脑袋都是课本的话
you really don’t have time…
你应该没有时间
to think about silly things like the weather.
去考虑天气这种傻事了
Chilly?
很冷么
Oh.

I’m so sorry. It’s my fault.
真对不起 是我的错
No, just go get new drinks.
别弄了 去给我拿一杯新的
Stupid spic.
愚蠢的拉美佬
Excuse me.
失陪了
Tú sabes que trabajas que pagar por eso. Oye que no fuera mi culpa.
你要加班赔这些饮料 可错不在我
Trabajas con cuidado.
工作时给我小心点
Excuse me. Senor?
先生 打扰了
How may I help you, senorita?
有什么能为您效劳的 小姐?
I knocked into those drinks. I’d like to pay for them.
我撞倒了那些饮料 我想赔偿
That will not be necessary. Accidents happen. Excuse me.
没这个必要 只是个意外 失陪了
Yo tengo siento…
对不起…
I speak English…
我会讲英语
and I don’t need your charity.
我不需要你的施舍
It’s not.
我不是这个意思
Don’t worry about it. It’s OK.
别担心 这没什么
I’m sorry for what she called you.
我很抱歉 她那样叫你
That was nothing. Not to me.
这没什么 我不这么觉得
Then why are you apologizing?
那为什么要由你来道歉?
You guys were so good.
你们舞跳得真好
Your mother was good.
你妈妈很出色
I was OK.
我就一般般
Dad? Hmm.
爸爸? 嗯
I’m sorry
我很抱歉
I haven’t been excited about all of this.
我一直对来古巴兴致不高
Sweetheart, it’s OK.
宝贝 没事的
Senior year is a terrible time to drag you out of school…
高三把你从学校拖出来确实很糟糕
especially when you’re the star of the class.
况且你是班级之星啊
Dad. Come on. Don’t deny it.
爸 嘿别否认
Be proud of it.
你应该感到骄傲
You’ll do great here, too.
你在这里也会很出色的
I can’t stand on your feet anymore.
我不能站在您的脚上跳舞了
Hey, you remembered that. Yeah.
嘿你还记得这个 是啊
Very good.
非常好
Let’s continue where we left off.
让我们继续上节课所学的内容
Book 18, page 25.
拿出十八号♥课本 打开二十五页
Katey, just do your best to follow, all right?
凯蒂 尽力去跟上进度 行吗
It’s OK. I read it last year.
没问题 这我去年就读过了
Knock it off.
你们安静
Well, then perhaps you’d like to begin reading at line 342.
那你从第三百四十二行开始读吧
“Now the suitors turned to dance and song…
此时求婚者开始载歌♥载舞
“to the lovely beaten sway…
随着欢快的节拍摇摆
“waiting for dusk to come upon them there…
等待着黄昏的到来
and the dark night came upon them, lost in pleasure.”
出自《奥德赛》第18卷
Can anyone tell us…
有没有人能告诉我们
the significance of this passage?
这段话怎么理解?
It’s a bunch of drunk guys doing it.
就是一群醉汉在胡闹咯
Athena
雅典娜
wants the suitors to keep invading Odysseus’ house…
希望求婚者们继续侵扰奥德修斯的住处
so that he’ll get angry enough to kill them.
这样他就会怒杀所有求婚者
And why does the goddess want that?
那女神为什么要这么做?
She wants Odysseus to find his strength…
她希望奥德修斯发掘自己的力量
and courage?
和勇气?
Very good.
非常好
Need a ride home?
需要我载你回家吗
No. I’m OK. I got a lot of catching up to do.
不用了 我可以的 我有很多功课要补
You know, a lot of girls…
其实 许多女孩子
don’t like to let on when they’re smart.
不会显露出她们的聪明才智
I know.I shouldn’t have said…
我知道 我不该…
No. No, I like that.
不 不 我喜欢
I like that about you.
我喜欢那样的你
A bunch of us are going to our country club on Saturday night.
星期六晚上我几个朋友要去乡村俱乐部
There’ll be a band.The music’s pretty cool.
有乐队表演 音乐很酷
Would you like to go with me?
你愿意和我一起去吗
I really do have a lot of work to do.
我真的有很多功课要做
On a Saturday night?
在星期六的晚上?
Wow.
哇哦
Come on. I’m sure even Homer took some time off…
来嘛 我相信就算荷马
between The lliad and The Odyssey.
在写伊利亚特和奥德赛之间 也有空闲的
Well, sure. OK.
那 好吧
OK.

We’re all here now. You can go.
我们都到齐了 可以开车了
Bonita.
美女
Eso.
就这样
You felt the sudden urge for Cuban music?
你突然受到古巴♥音♥乐的鼓动吗
The van left without me.
我没赶上校车
I’ve been walking for an hour.
已经走了一个小时了
I can walk you back.
我可以送你回家
Oh, no. You don’t have to do that.
哦 不 你不必送我

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!