事实是这样
That’s a fact.
我问的是你的头
I asked about your head.
我的头长在我的脖子上
My head is attached to my neck.
可以这样动 也可以这样动
It moves. This way, and that.
但是 你的脖子不能一百八十度大转弯
And yet, it cannot turn completely around
看到你身后的东西吧?
to see what’s behind you?
除非你有什么能看到后面的神技 需要在法庭上坦白的吗?
Unless you have a special skill this courtroom should know about?
你说 你看到了闪光 然后才听到枪响
You said you saw the flash before you heard the gunshot.
这是你的证词吧?
Was that your testimony?
我不明白
Well, it was pretty confusing.
是哪个先出现的?
Well, which is it? Which came first?
你看到闪光了吗?
Did you see the flash?
你什么时候听到有身体倒下的?
When did you hear the body hit the floor?
我不能确定
I can’t say for sure.
你说你就站在门外面
You said you were just outside the door.
你还说 自己也弄不清楚
You also said you might be confused,
说自己不知道整件事
that you don’t know what point in time
究竟是什么时候发生的
these things happened.
你是真的弄不清楚吗?
So, are you confused?
我透过门 看到了闪光
I saw the flash, just through the door.
我想知道的是
What I need to know is,
你看到Aubrey Pollard
did you see Aubrey Pollard
对我的委托人作出威胁性的动作了吗?
make a threatening move toward my client?
难道那时的事你也弄不清楚?
Or are you perhaps confused on that point as well?
是的 不清楚
Yes, sir.
作为一个军方人员
Being a military man,
你能分清
you would be able to distinguish
警局的制♥服♥
between the uniforms of a National Guardsman
还有国民警卫队的制♥服♥ 对吧?
and that of a Detroit police officer. Is that correct?
我想是的
I suppose.
那你说
And so you say
将一名受害人带进房♥间的
that the man who took one of the victims into the room,
是一名国民警卫队队员
that he was a National Guardsman?
我推断 你会这么说
So I presume you know that because
是因为看到他穿了国民警卫队的制♥服♥
he was wearing a uniform of the National Guard.
是的 我看到一名身穿国民警卫队制♥服♥的人把他带进房♥间
Well, yes. I saw a guy in uniform take him back there.
你还看到其他人进了房♥间吗?
Did you see anybody else go back into that room?
没有
No.
你当时有可能看到
Would you have been able to see
其他人进了房♥间吗?
if anybody else went back into that room?
在那时 难道你不是面对着墙
At the time, wasn’t your head turned back around
背对着看守着你的警♥察♥吗
by the police officers
是不是?
that were still standing there with you?

Yes.
在指认嫌疑人的环节
And so in one of the lineups,
你被要求指认殴打你的警员时
when you were asked to identify the officers who beat you,
你指认的是谁?
who did you identify?
你今天在法庭上看到他了吗?
Do you see him here today in court?
是他
Him.
还有他
And him.
你指认了两个人
You just identified two of the defendants.
当时要求你指认嫌疑人的时候
Why would you identify only one of them
你只指认了一个
at the time of the lineup
如果这两个人都殴打了你
if both of them took part in beating you?
为什么你当时只想起了一个?
Which recollection for the record
你当时说的 和现在说的 到底哪个是真♥相♥?
would you say is the correct recollection?
我的意思是 一开始 我没认出来
I just said I couldn’t tell at first.
我被带到警局去的时候 很紧张
When I went down to the police station, I was very nervous.
那么现在你就不紧张啰?
And so now, you are calm?
你不会再改变自己的证词了 对吧?
And you will not be changing your story again then?
就这样?证人就这个水平吗?
This is it? This is the one you want us to work with?
反对 证人已经回答问题
Objection. Asked and answered.
反对无效
Overruled.
那么 你被带进一个房♥间 然后发生了什么?
So, you were led into a room, and then what happened?
他在我脑袋旁边开了一枪 跟我说
He fired off a shot by my head and told me…
让我闭嘴 安安静静待着
To keep my mouth shut and lay still.
不然他就真的会开枪杀了我
Or the next one for real.
你怎么做了?
And what did you do?
我就安安静静地待着
I lie still.
在那之后 你又被他们虐待了吗?
And were you mistreated in any way after that?
虐待?
Mistreated?
你曾被捕过吗?
Have you ever been arrested, sir?
当然
Sure.
有没有曾经在监狱里过夜呢?
Ever spent a night in jail?
是的
Yeah.
你被捕过几次?
How many times have you been arrested?
我不知道 – 因为你曾经的违法犯罪行为
I don’t know. – How many nights and days have you spent
你在监狱呆过几个晚上
in prison for crimes you’ve committed…
我不记得 大概有几次吧
I don’t know, a few…
或者是因为你所谓的违法行为
Or alleged to have committed?
犯罪行为?
Criminal acts.
我不知道 几次吧
I don’t know. A few.
你确定吗
Are you certain?
当然 被打成那样 我不会忘记的
Yeah, you don’t forget a beating like that.
你肯定是这三个人
So you’re certain that these three men
殴打你和你的同伴 是吗?
beat you and the others?
是的 我很肯定
Yes, I’m certain.
直到有个军人 把我拉进一间房♥里
Up until some army guy pulled me in a room
让我老老实实待着
and told me to lie still.
然后我听到他走出房♥间 告诉别人 我已经死了
Then you heard him go out and tell them I was dead.
这就是他们所说的
And this is what’s being referred to
“死亡游戏”吗?
as the “death game”?
接下来你看到什么?
What did you see next?
我什么都没看到 因为我脸冲着地板
I didn’t see nothin’ lying face down on the floor,
但我听到Aubrey大喊 “别开枪!”
but I heard Aubrey yell, “Don’t shoot.”
然后我就听到了枪声
And he shot. I heard that.
律师 你的证人
Your witness, council.
我们刚刚已经讨论过了你的同伙
Now we’ve already talked to your cohort about,
哦 是朋友——Lee 他的犯罪记录
friend, Lee, about his criminal past.
你过去有没有过违法行为呢?
Have you ever had trouble with the law?
今天的法庭又不是审判我
I’m not on trial here.
你不需要现场犯法
No need to introduce a new crime, sir.
只需要说以前已经犯过的就行了
Just the ones already known.
要不 你就说说
Or maybe you can start by telling us,
当晚你们都干了些什么吧?
how did the night begin?
聚会?饮酒?
Party? A few drinks?
你是怎么回事?为什么要说我的事?
Man, why? Why y’all talking about me at all?
你们看到一个黑人在法庭上 肯定会以为他是在受审
Man, y’all see a black man in court and assume I’m the one on trial.
拜托 他们杀了我的朋友
Man, they killed my friends, man!
他们殴打我们
They beat us!
让我们排队站好 虐待我们 你们现在做的与他们没有什么两样
Lined us up and abused us and y’all doing the same thing!
这里根本没有正义 操♥你♥妈♥的
There’s no justice here, man. Go fuck yourself, man.
别碰我! – 把他带走
Man, no, get off of me! – Take him out.
这简直是胡闹
This is bullshit!
你看什么看!?
What? What you lookin’ at?
垃圾 胡闹!
This is bullshit!
法官大人 事实已经很清楚了
I think what is clear here, Your Honor,
这些人处于完全无法忍♥受的情况
is that these men were under an intolerable situation.
他们在这种固有的胁迫之下
They were under this duress, which we say was inherent,
没有退路 做出了最终的选择
and for that reason, had no other choice.
是这样
All right.
他们只需要保持沉默就可以了
All they had to do was keep quiet.
如果他们保持沉默 现在就不会站在这里受审
If they kept quiet, they wouldn’t be here today.
但他们交代了事情经过
But they made a statement,
他们的交代应该算数
and that statement should be admissible.
在胁迫下的交代是无效的 法官大人
Not if they were made under duress, Your Honor.
在违反宪法人♥权♥的情况下
Not if the taking of those statements
它们是无效的
violates constitutional rights.
这些警♥察♥享有这样的权利
These policemen were owed an obligation.
他们有权保持沉默
Advising them that they had a right to remain silent,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!