你好[韩语]
狗屁
Bullshit.
我和茱莉亚在一次派对中邂逅
I met Julia at a party.
谁把这张该死的椅子放那的
Who put that goddamn chair there?
不是我的椅子
Not my chair…
不是我的椅子 关我屁事 我经常这么说
Not my chair, not my problem, that’s what I say.
一个共同的朋友转告我她觉得我很性感
A mutual friend said she thought I was hot.
我也夸赞了她一番
I returned the compliment.
我喜欢带贝壳和海马花纹的东西
I like things with seashells and seahorses on ’em,
比如毯子和毛巾
like blankets and towels…
大约三小时后我们就发生了关系
We had sex about three hours later.
永远在一起
Forever…
永远在一起
Forever…
我觉得菲尔一开始似乎不是很喜欢我
I don’t think Phil liked me that much at first.
我是在泽西岛长大的
I grew up in Jersey.
我不是出身于富贵人家
I didn’t come from money.
在订婚派对上 我还吐在了冰雕上
And I puked on the ice sculpture at our engagement party.
他也跟我说过一次
Also, he told me once…
我不喜欢你 戴维斯
I don’t like you, Davis.
茱莉亚是个好姑娘 很善良
Julia was a nice girl. A good person.
她的工作是照顾特殊儿童
She worked with special needs children,
她开心时会扑哧大笑
she snorted when she laughed
每次看到双子塔崩塌的镜头则会潸然泪下
and cried every time they showed footage of the towers falling.
除此之外
Other than that,
我并不是很了解她
I don’t think I knew who she really was.
她总说我心不在焉
She always said I didn’t pay attention.
可能你会觉得这些事
Perhaps you’ll find this information irrelevant
跟我的退款要求并不相干
in your deliberation of my refund,
但我想你有权利知道这整个故事
but I think you deserve the whole story.
诚挚的 戴维斯 C. 米奇尔
Sincerely, Davis C. Mitchell.
你还好吗
You okay?
早上好
Morning.
早安 艾米 那是给我的吗
Morning, Amy. Is that me?
是的 没错
Yeah… that’s it.
好的 把这个发出去好吗
Great. Put this in the outgoing mail?
很重要
It’s important.
我…
I, um…
我没想到你今天会来上班
I didn’t think you were coming in today,
他们说你没有
they said you weren’t…
节哀顺变 戴维斯
I am so sorry, Davis.
谢谢你 艾米
Thank you, Amy.
等你抽出空的时候 能给我一份
When you get a minute, can I get the revenue numbers
阿尔德曼国际的收益表吗
on Alderman International?
另外把我跟鲍勃·莱斯的午餐安排推后
And can you push my lunch with Bob Rice?
我有一堆进度要跟
I got a lot of catching up to do.
好的
Yeah…
我交给你们
I handed you people
十亿美元的投资资本
a billion dollars’ worth of committed capital
你们跟我说只找到总市值1.5亿的
and all you can give me is 150 million dollars’
公♥司♥去收♥购♥
worth of companies to buy.
就没人喜欢购物吗 难道要请我妈来教你们吗
Doesn’t anyone like to shop? Should I call my mother?
菲尔
Phil.
他们打电♥话♥去我家了 跟我说你来上班了
They called the house. Told me you were up here.
是吗 好吧
They did? Okay.
我早上和克莱顿·布朗谈了一下
I talked to Clayton Brown this morning.
我想我已经劝服他冷静下来了
And I think I talked him off the ledge on that thing.
去喝一杯怎么样
Look, why don’t we go grab a drink?
我快忙死了 菲尔
I’m buried, Phil.
两周没跟光年项目
Two weeks out from lightyear,
我得拼命往前赶
and I gotta get some momentum going.
戴维斯 去喝一杯吧
Davis, let’s grab a drink.
跟你说 这里的鸡尾酒卖♥♥18块一杯
You know, the cocktails run about 18 bucks a pop here.
我真搞不懂
I don’t get it.
我们一直没怎么聊过 戴维斯
We haven’t really talked, Davis.
从一开始就这样
Not since… everything.
我爱茱莉亚
I loved Julia.
非常爱她
So much.
父亲的爱
It’s a father’s love.
男人失去了妻子 叫鳏夫
A man loses his wife, he’s a widower.
孩子失去双亲 就是孤儿
A child loses a parent, they’re an orphan.
但没有一个词语 是形容失去了孩子的人
But losing a child…there’s no word for this.
也不该有
And there shouldn’t be.
而你
But you…
你和我还要继续生活
You and I have to continue on.
我想告诉你 你一直对我很重要
I want you to know you’ve been a value to me,
不只是生意上 是对我的人生而言
and not just in business, but in my life.
并且…
And, uh…
你将情绪隐藏起来
You keep your emotions close to the vest,
那样很好 很坚强
that’s good, that’s strong.
我也是
I do the same.
主要是氛围
It’s the atmosphere.
什么
What?
所以酒水价格才会这么贵
That’s why the drinks are so expensive.
你其实是在为这里的氛围买♥♥单
You’re paying for the atmosphere.
我刚突然想到的
It just occurred to me.
戴维斯 听我说
Davis, listen,
还有其他的事需要费心
there’s some other business that needs looking after.
是她的保单
It’s the insurance policy.
我想用茱莉亚的保险金
I’d like to take her money
以她的名义成立一个基金会
and start a foundation in Julia’s name.
基金会
Foundation…
优秀奖学金
A merit-based scholarship
每年都会颁发给
awarded annually
一名最受之无愧的学生
to one student who’s most deserving.
多少钱
How much are we talking about?
大概260万
About 2.6.
斯蒂文会着手做这件事
Steven’s gonna get the ball rolling.
那将成为她遗留给这世界的东西
This’ll be her legacy.
遗留
Legacy…
尊敬的冠军自动收♥货♥公♥司♥
Dear champion vending company.
我是戴维斯·米奇尔
This is Davis Mitchell.
又是我
Again.
我的索赔事宜
There have been some recent developments
最近有了新进展
in my claim for reimbursement,
我想尽量表达清楚我的意思
And I’d like to represent myself as accurately as possible.
晚饭好了 儿子
Dinner’s ready, son.
首先 有个很奇怪的包裹
First, there was a strange package
挡在我的车♥库♥前
blocking my garage.
妈
Mom?
我猜是个咖啡机
I think it’s a cappuccino machine.
我没买♥♥咖啡机
I didn’t order a cappuccino machine.
是茱莉亚买♥♥的
It was in Julia’s name.
其次 我父亲早上7点钟
Then, my dad was fertilizing the lawn
就开始给草坪施肥
at 7:00 in the morning.
爸 你在干什么
Dad! What are you doing?
是施肥的季节啊 戴维斯
It’s the season, Davis.
你该施肥了 必须趁现在
You should do this. You need to.
好让土壤肥沃一些
Get the soil ready.
我请了专人负责这事的
I have someone for that.
那他们知道舞毒蛾吗
Do they know about gypsy moths?
什么
What?
舞毒蛾 它们会让树死去
Gypsy moths. They’ll destroy your trees.
一开始是虫蛹
It starts as a caterpillar.
它们会吃掉树叶 产卵
They eat the leaves, lay eggs…
小区里发现了这种虫子吗
And they’re coming here, to this neighborhood?
虽然还不确定
Well, they don’t know for sure,
但你还是告诉负责除虫的人撒点药
but you should tell your guy to spray.
当然还有 火车上的陌生人
And of course, the train incident…
我觉得我应该告诉你些事
I feel like I should tell you something.
我是做金融的
Um, I’m in finance.
我也不知道我之前为何告诉你