介意我调小声点吗
Do you mind if I turn this down?
不介意
No.
菲尔有事找你
You’re on with Phil.
戴维斯 光年项目怎样了
Davis. Where are we with the Lightyear deal?
银行不肯让步
The banks won’t budge, you know.
他们拿一些规章条例当借口
They’re claiming regulations as an excuse.
和之前哈斯克尔体育用品那个项目一样
Same thing they did with Haskell Athletic.
好吧 他们还想要更多的资本缓冲吗
Yeah, yeah… What, they want more cushion?
是的 5%
Yup. 5%.
好吧 我女儿和你在一块吗
All right, very good. Is my daughter with you?
你好 爸爸
Hey, dad.
你妈生气了 你们为什么不说话了
Your mother’s upset. Why aren’t you talking?
那是我和妈之间的事
That’s between me and mom.
给她打个电♥话♥吧 她那个倔脾气
Well, you should call. She’s hard-headed.
我也遗传了
Well, I guess that’s where I get it from.
周日晚饭的时候再说行吗
Well, we’ll talk it out on Sunday at dinner, okay?
-好吧宝贝 回聊 -再见 爸爸
– All right love. Bye-bye. – Bye, dad.
看我们家冰箱了吗
Have you looked at the refrigerator yet?
什么 冰箱
Huh? The refrigerator?
没错 厨房♥里冷藏食物的铁箱子
Yeah. The box in our kitchen that keeps things cold.
不 还没 冰箱怎么了
No. Uh, what about it?
漏液 已经两个星期了
It’s leaking… it’s been leaking for two weeks.
冰箱漏液了
The refrigerator’s leaking.
别来这招 重复一遍我的话
Please don’t do that thing where you repeat part of what I said
就证明你听进去了一样
so I’ll think you’re paying attention.
我可没对你用什么花招
I’m not doing anything.
冰箱漏液了吗 我倒没注意
The refrigerator’s leaking, I didn’t notice.
你就不能修一下吗
Can’t you just fix it?
你♥爸♥老早就把工具给你了
Your father gave you those tools.
我还有工具
I have tools?
没错 两年前就有了
Yes. From two christmases ago.
“不是我的椅子 关我屁事”
“Not my chair, not my problem.”
你不就喜欢这么说吗
Is that what you say?
破碎人生
戴维斯
Davis…
戴维斯
Davis…
她走了
She’s gone.
那边那个贩卖♥♥机 我买♥♥的糖卡住了
The machine over there? Uh, my candy’s stuck.
偶尔是会这样
It happens sometimes.
有钥匙什么的能打开它吗
Do you have a key or something we can open it up with?
贩卖♥♥机不归医院管
The machine doesn’t belong to the hospital.
是贩卖♥♥机公♥司♥的财产
It’s a vending company.
戴维斯 是爸爸妈妈
Davis, it’s mom and dad.
我们打过你手♥机♥ 但
We tried your cell phone but we…
我们找不到你人 所以
We can’t get a hold of you, and then…
亲爱的
Oh, honey…
我们 我们这就来陪你 儿子
We’re… we’re coming, son.
您有一条留言
You have one saved message.
是我 你的语♥音♥信箱满了
Hey, it’s me, your mailbox was full.
今天有份包裹会到
There’s supposed to be a package delivered,
如果你先到家 记得应门
so if you beat me home, answer the doorbell, okay?
爱你 再见
Love. Bye.
亲爱的
Oh, honey…
致冠军贩卖♥♥机公♥司♥ 逗号♥
Dear Champion vending company, comma.
我写信是想反映
This letter is in regards to
一次糟糕的购买♥♥经历 位于圣安德烈
a poor vending experience at St. Andre’s…
不 等等
No, wait.
事关714号♥贩卖♥♥机
In regards to vending machine number 714
即圣安德烈医院加护病房♥区那一台的故障问题
located in the intensive care unit of Saint Andre’s hospital.
我往机器里投了五枚25美分硬币
I put five quarters in the machine,
然后按下了B2按钮
and proceeded to push B2,
按理说应该掉下一袋M&M’s巧克力 句号♥
which should’ve given me the peanut M&M’s, period.
遗憾的是 并没有
Regrettably, it did not.
我当时很饿 那让我十分不快
I found this upsetting as I was very hungry.
而且我妻子就在那十分钟前离开了人世
And also, my wife had died 10 minutes earlier.
我并不是说这是你们的错
I’m not saying that was your fault.
我们遇到了车祸
We were in a car accident.
我却奇迹般地毫发无伤
Remarkably, I escaped without a scratch.
我并不是想给这次索赔添油加醋博同情
I’m not trying to dramatize my claim,
只是想把事情说得详细些
I just wanna be thorough.
或许我该从头开始
Maybe I should start from the beginning.
我每天早上五点半起床
I get up every morning at 5:30.
我在市场部门工作
I work in the markets
所以提早抢占先机很重要
so it’s important to get an early start.
我并不是在暗示我的工作要比
Not to imply that it’s any more important than, say,
面包师或者收费员要高档
a Baker or a toll collector.
那些也是体面的工作
Those are fine, respectable jobs.
我早起只是为了通勤
I just mean that I commute.
我赶7:15的车离开白原市
I catch the 7:15 out of White Plains.
似乎每天坐车的都是同一些人
It’s pretty much the same crowd during the week.
约翰是扬基体育场的地勤
John works the ground crew at yankee stadium.
第一次碰面就问我做什么营生
The first time we met, he asked what I did,
我告诉他
and I told him…
我是做床垫零售的
Uh, retail mattresses.
床垫零售 太棒了
Retail mattresses? That’s amazing…
我也不知道为什么骗他 突发奇想罢了
I don’t know why. It just popped into my head.
那次以后我就躲着他 因为
I avoided him after that ’cause
他那口浓重的咖啡味实在太难闻了
I couldn’t stand his hot coffee breath.
不好意思
Excuse me…
他应该也心知肚明
I think he knew.
我从没料到自己也会成为
I never thought I’d be one of those people
手提公文包的一员
who carried a briefcase.
那总让我联想到
It always reminds me of
拎着午餐盒去上学的时光
carrying a lunch box to school.
现在还生产那玩意儿吗
Do they still make those?
米奇尔先生
Mister Mitchell.
早上好
Morning.
茱莉亚的父亲
Julia’s father
是我所在投资公♥司♥的创始人之一
is a founding partner at the investment firm I work at.
典型的任人唯亲
Nepotism in its truest form.
我27岁起 他就开始”调♥教♥”我了
He started grooming me when I was 27.
我讨厌这个词
I hate that word.
对猴子才叫调♥教♥呢
Monkeys groom.
我在这向你招手呢 看得见我吗伙计
Wavin’ at you from over here. Can you see me, buddy?
公♥司♥虽小
It’s a small firm,
但经手的钱可不少
but we handle quite a bit of money.
具体多少我不想说
I don’t wanna say how much,
总觉得不太合适
’cause I think it would be inappropriate.
朝着赚钱的方向看就对了
Just look over where the money is.
好吧 是60亿美元
Okay, it’s $6 billion.
各类新兴市场 基础设施
Emerging markets, infrastructure,
发电厂 通讯行业 海洋馆
power plants, telecom, seaworld,
车窗的雨刮
windshield wipers…
超越
只要你想得到 一切行业我们都能掺和
You name it. Doesn’t matter what industry.
我们低价进 高价出
We buy ’em cheap, and we sell it for a bundle.
但都不是实物买♥♥卖♥♥
But none of it’s real.
手里不用积压任何商品
Nothing to hold in my hands.
进进出出的只有数字而已
It’s all just numbers.
电脑将数据
Computer codes being transferred
通过网络传输出去
electronically through the air.
一切就在我们眼前发生
Right in front of us.
法国诗人保罗·瓦勒里
The French poet, Paul Valery,
有一句话说的没错
was right when he said,
“未来已经不再是当年那回事了”
“The future isn’t what it used to be.”
菲尔·伊斯特伍德 我的岳父
Phil Eastwood. My father-in-law.
F-I-L 菲尔
F-I-L. Phil.
我觉得这缩写简直笑死人了
I think the acronym is hysterical.
我知道菲尔是由PH打头
I know Phil is spelled with a P-H,
但还是忍♥不住暗自好笑
but it still makes me laugh in my head.
戴维斯
Davis.