Looks like I picked a bad week to stop snorting hash.
看来我的解释不够清楚
All right,I tell you what.
好吧 我把这个问题解释给你们听
I’ll speak slow,
我尽量说慢点
so those of you with Ph.D.’s in the room can understand.
好让你们这一屋子的博士理解我的意思
It… Here. Look. Here’s a monitor,right?
这个 瞧 这是个显示器 对吧?
Now the monitor is broken. It’s dead.
现在这个显示器破了 它死了
It is not temporarily transitioned to another state of entropy.
它不是暂时转成了另一种能量形态
It’s dead,right? Now,is she alive or is she dead?
它死了 对吗? 现在告诉我 她是活着还是死了?
She’s alive. All right.
她活着 好
Now we’re getting somewhere.
现在我们之间终于有进展了
All right,now,you said light could go back. What else?
那么 你说光线可以回到过去 还有什么可以?
Nothing. Something else could be sent back.
没有了 一定有其他东西可以传回去
Come on,Paul. Something. What? A body? A human being?
想想看 保罗 有什么? 人体吗?活人吗?
No. Not a person. Not alive,anyway.
不 人不行 活着的生物都不行
Why not? Because you can’t beat the physics.
为什么不行? 因为你不能违背物理法则
The electromagnetic field. Look,you transition across
因为有电磁场 听我说 你要穿越
what’s known as the Wheeler Boundary,all right?
所谓的“惠勒界限” 明白吗?
An EM pulse annihilates all electrical activity.
电磁脉冲会湮灭所有与电有关的活动
That’s your heartbeat,that’s brainwaves,that’s everything.
包括你的心跳 脑电波 所有活动
So what? You haven’t tried a person?
那又怎样?你们没用人试过吧?
Let’s just say that we’ve done enough tests
可以说我们做过的试验足以证明
to know that it’s not even possible.
这根本是不可能的
It’s not even theoretically possible. The hamster goes back,dead.
这在理论上都没有可能 我们把仓鼠送回去 死了
A drosophila fly,dead. What about a radio signal?
果蝇 也死了 那么无线电♥信♥♥号♥♥呢?
What about that? We could send a radio…
可以吗?我们可以发送无线电…
A radio signal? Yeah,a radio signal.
无线电♥信♥♥号♥♥? 对 无线电♥信♥♥号♥♥
– The field would scramble it.
电磁场会把它搅乱
All right,then a note,a warning note. No.
好吧 那么用纸条 警告的纸条 不行
A single piece of paper. One sheet. No.
一张纸而已 一张纸 不行
If we keep the mass low… No!
要是把质量控制得低一点… 不行!
This could work! It could work.
这样是有用的 有用的
Sure. We know where the guy’s gonna be.
肯定有用 我们知道那家伙会去哪里
We can apprehend him and put him away
甚至在他炸掉渡船之前
before he even blows up the boat.
我们就能逮捕他 把他除掉
And how do we do that,exactly? We send it to ourselves!
那我们怎么才能做到呢? 我们把纸条发给自己!
You send it to me. Yeah,send it to me. Send it to my office.
你把它发给我 对 发给我 发到我办公室里
Send it to my office four and a half days ago,
在四天半以前 把它发到我办公室里
an anonymous tip,and we can capture
匿名举报信 我们甚至可以在
this guy before he even meets Claire.
这家伙见克莱尔之前把他抓住
We know he’s gonna be at the dock.
我们知道他要去码头
Whatever you did,you did it already.
不管你做了什么 都是已经做过的
Whether you send this note or you don’t send this note,it doesn’t matter.
你发了纸条也好 没发纸条也好 这都没有区别
You cannot change the past. It’s physically impossible.
你不可能改变过去 这在物理学上是不可能的
What if there’s more than physics?
那如果这已经超出物理的范围了呢?
Okay. Something spiritual,right?
好吧 精神上的 是吗
Yeah,something spiritual. Okay,okay,okay. Look.
对 精神上的 好 好 好 你听我说
Just try to think of it this way.
你就这样想
God’s mind is made up about this. All right?
上帝的意志已经确定了这一切 明白?
I mean,you know,call it fate,call it destiny,whatever.
我是说 你管这叫命运也好叫天意也好 随你怎样
But it already happened,it will keep happening,
这都是已经发生的 还会继续发生
and it always will happen. Maybe.
一定会发生 也许吧
And why don’t we call it fate,since we’re calling it something?
既然你说了 我们就管这叫命运吧
Maybe you’re right. Maybe you guys are exactly right. I don’t know.
也许你是对的 也许你们完全正确 我不知道
All I know is this. For all of my career,
我只知道一点 我♥干♥这行这么多年
I’ve been trying to catch people after they do something horrible.
一直是在别人干坏事以后去抓他
For once in my life,
我希望这辈子能有那么一次
I’d like to catch somebody before they do something horrible.
我可以在别人干坏事之前把他抓住
All right? Can you understand that?
好吗?你们能理解吗?
Address is in range.
地址在范围以内
Two L’s. “Surveilling,” two L’s.
两个L “监视”那个词中间是两个L
Since this is such a tremendous waste of taxpayer money,
既然我们要浪费这么多纳税人的钱
the least we could do is get the spelling right.
至少应该把单词拼对
That’s not necessarily true.
那可不一定
Branching universe theory holds that you can do…
分支宇宙理论认为 你可以…
Oh,branching universe theory. Look,hold it. All right.
分支宇宙理论 听着 听我说
No,no,no. I’ll show you.
不 不 不 我给你说明
The traditional view of time is linear,
传统观点认为时间是线性的
like a river flowing from the past toward the future.
好比是一条河 从过去流向未来
But you can change the course of a river,right?
但是你可以改变河道 对吗?
Exactly. Introduce a significant enough event at any point in this river
没错 在这条河的任何一点发生足够大的契机
and you create a new branch,
你就可以造出一条新的支流
still flowing toward the future,but along a different route.
它还是流向未来 但是路线不同了
Changed.
被改变了
Yeah,but that river is the Mississippi,
是啊 不过那条河是密西西比河
and we’re lobbing what amounts to a pebble into it.
我们投进去的只相当于一块鹅卵石
That’s a very few tiny ripples in a kind of big body of water,don’t you think?
那只会在大河里激起一点小水花 你说呢?
Traditionalist.
保守派
Say we do create this new branch.
假设我们真的创造出了新支流
What happens to the old one? To this one?
原来那条会怎样?这条会怎样?
Ask the radical.
问激进派吧
Well,it might continue parallel to the new branch,
它可能继续与新支流平行存在
but most likely it ceases to exist.
但最有可能的是 它将不复存在
The idea is,we cease to exist.
也就是说 我们不复存在了
All right? This version of us,anyway.
明白吗?至少我们的这个版本不存在
You know,we never came here. We didn’t meet Doug.
我们没有来到这里 我们没有遇到道格
We don’t remember it ever happening.
我们不记得有这回事
Well,that’s won’th $ 10 billion right there.
那样可就省大钱了!
Would’ve been a lot faster if you’d written it yourself.
你自己来写的话会快得多
Right. Then I recognize my own handwriting
对啊 不过我怕我认出自己的笔迹
and the universe blows up.
会导致宇宙爆♥炸♥
We’re ready.
我们准备好了
All right,third floor,southwest corner. That’s where we are.
好的 三楼 西南角 我们就在那里
How’d you get that information?
你怎么搞到这条情报的?
Good police work.
警♥察♥的本事
That’s me. I can hear me.
那是我 我听见自己说话了
I don’t wanna play games with you. Where am I?
我不想和你玩游戏 我在哪?
I’m not playing games. Yeah,you are.
我不是在玩游戏 你在玩
No,I’m not. There are protocols… Yeah,you are.
不 我没有 这是有规定的…你就是在玩
There I am. Is that Minuti?
那就是我 那个是缪提?
There’s procedures… Yep. That’s my partner,Larry.
程序可不是一纸空文 对 那就是我的搭档拉里
Look,I know how this job works,
我知道这一行是怎么工作的
you know how this job works.
你也知道这一行是怎么工作的
Jesus,I forgot all about this part.
天哪 我都忘了有这回事了
All right,let’s find a nice,happy place to push the note onto.
好 我们给你的字条找个风♥水♥宝♥地♥吧!
That your desk? Yeah,that’s my…
那是你的桌子? 对 是我的…
Okay. Line us up.
好 连上去
When I peg a guy on a hunch,that’s good police work,
我凭直觉逮住了罪犯 那是我的才能
not some conspiracy to keep you out of the loop,all right?
不是要瞒着你搞什么阴谋 明白吗?
You know what,Doug? Okay,kid,start pushing.
你知道吗道格? 好 小伙子 开始传送
Expand the wave past the note.
加大纸条上的电波
I can’t watch your back if you’re holding out on me.
要是你瞒着我 我就不能帮你打掩护
Why not?
为什么不?
If my memory serves me right,we better hurry up,
假如我记得没错 我们最好快点
’cause I think I’m about to leave.
因为我快要走开了
I need more cowbell. I’m trying.
还得再加点 我在加呢
Okay,well,I… Good!
好的 我… 很好!
Just give me a second.
再给我一秒钟
Don’t talk to each other. Expand.
你们两个别说话 加大
I’m about to leave.
我就要走了
…another partner? How about that? How about that?
…再找一个搭档? 你看怎样?你看怎样?
Everybody relax. Okay. Yeah.
大家别紧张 好的
Let’s go. I’m working on it.
加油 我在弄呢
Prepare for the final power surge. Ready?
准备最后的电涌 准备好了吗?
Have a good vacation. All right. Go,go,go!
好好度你的假去吧 好了 开始!
Walk away.
滚吧
What the hell happened?
到底怎样?
I don’t know.
不知道
It doesn’t matter. Doesn’t matter. Pull it back!
没关系 没关系 把那个拉回来!
Did it go through? I don’t know! I don’t know!
传过去了吗? 不知道!我不知道!
Pull it back.
拉回来