with our first opportunity to film Deepsea Challenger underwater.
-玩得开心 -谢谢
-Have fun. -Yeah, thanks.
我的意思是 如果一切正常
I mean, it’ll be fun if everything works
甚至只有50%正常 那都会让人开心
or even if 50 percent of it works.
是的
Exactly.
好的 希望顺利到达海底
All right. We’ll see you on the bottom.
好了 试潜即将开始
Okay, trial dive ready to release.
准备开始下降
Standby to initiate descent.
释放 释放 释放
Release, release, release.
一会见 朋友
See you later, buddy.
-水面 水面 -深海挑战者号♥
Surface, surface. Deepsea Challenger.
收到吗 完毕
Do you copy? Over?
收到 深海挑战者号♥
Copy that, Deepsea Challenger.
通信响亮 清晰
A comms signal is coming through strong and clear.
收到 水面
Yeah, copy, surface.
我在接近底部 在抛弃弹丸以便缓慢下降
I am approaching the bottom, dropping shot to slow descent.
200单位的向下推力 缓慢下降
200 units and down thrust in. Just easing down.
着地
And touchdown.
水面 我在底部了
Surface, I am on the bottom.
深度62英尺 完毕
Depth 62 feet. Over.
非常非常成功的下潜
Super, super successful dive.
一切正常
Everything worked.
你们这些家伙胜利完成了让人吃惊的任务
Yeah, you guys have pulled off a pretty amazing feat.
在户外海洋里进行的第二次下潜
You know, to have a second dive in the open ocean
每样东西的运行都非常完美
and for pretty much everything to work,
在载人潜水器的历史上
in the history of manned submersible operations,
几乎是闻所未闻的
is pretty much unheard of.
做得好
Well done.
我为团队感到自豪
I’m proud of the team.
他们挺过来了
They really came through.
我们即将远航行
We’re ready to sail.
好莱坞导演詹姆斯·卡梅隆称赞
Hollywood director James Cameron has paid tribute
在悉尼南部因直升机坠毁丧生的
to an Australian filmmaker and his American colleague
澳大利亚电影制片人和他的美国同事
who were killed in a helicopter crash south of Sydney.
安德鲁驾驶他自己的直升机
Andrew was flying his own helicopter
和美国制片人迈克·迪格鲁伊
with American filmmaker Mike deGruy
在雅斯贝尔斯布勒斯的小机场
when it crashed just after take off
刚起飞之后坠机
on this tiny airstrip at Jaspers Brush.
我得知安德鲁出了意外时
I found out about Andrew’s accident,
约翰·加文 安德鲁的内弟
我正在整理东西
you know, I was busy organizing things.
我记得吉姆径直穿过甲板向我走来
I remember Jim walking straight across the deck to me
他看着我说 “潜水要中断了”
and he looked at me and he said, “Dive’s aborted. ”
我永远也不会忘记他那时的脸色 他…
I’ll never forget the look on his face. He–
他的脸色苍白如纸 然后说道
He went white as a sheet and then he said,
我们失去了迈克和安德鲁
“We’ve lost Mike and Andrew. ”
在获知事故之后 我心里顷刻间无比悲伤
Immediately after the accident, I was just so sick at heart
总之 我觉得…继续努力下去
in general, that I just–it just felt wrong
是错误的
to even be trying to continue.
他的声音里有着无尽的悲伤
There was just such a devastation in his voice
我从没见过他…
and I had never seen him…
是这个样子
ever in that way.
安德鲁和迈克就像是我的家人
Andrew and Mike were like family to me.
他们是我的深海界的兄弟
They were my deep sea brothers
是真正的探险家
and true explorers.
它张口就咬
It just went chomp.
我差点要落入鲨鱼口中了
I was literally inside the jaws of the shark.
不能更靠近了 太惊人了
Can’t get any closer. It was incredible.
现实给了这些家庭重重一击
There was just this big rip across the fabric of reality
你会想 “这值得吗”
for these families and you think, “Is this worth it?”
也许不该冒这个险
Maybe just risks shouldn’t be taken.
也许后果对家人来说太严重
Maybe the consequences to our families are too great.
我在这件事上学到一点
I think the one thing I’ve learned from all of this
不要把事情留给以后 你说是吗
is don’t leave things to deal with later, you know?
如果要和你所爱的人共渡时光 那就去吧
If you love people and you want to spend time with them, then do it.
不要用拖延 因为…
Don’t put it off till later because it’s–
转瞬间就可能不行了
It just goes. It just goes in a heartbeat.
接下来的一两天
Over the next, I want to say 24 to 48 hours,
似乎要有这样的理性
there just seemed to be this sense
如果要让他们的遇难有意义
that the way to give the situation meaning
就不要躲避 不要白费
was not to walk away and have it have been for nothing.
但我们应该怎样去做
Just how do we do it?
我们该怎样振作起来
How do we muster up the strength?
我们该如何去重整旗鼓
How do we put the pieces back together?
我们建立了一间”战情室” 我们更加认真
We set up a war room and we got real serious.
高兴的是 每个人的工作加速了
And the funny thing was that everybody stepped up.
我讨厌别人说”他们也会想要这样的”
I hate it when people say, “It’s what they would have wanted. ”
但是 老实说
But, frankly,
如果我们退缩 他们会一起痛扁我们
they’d both kick my ass if we wimped out now.
蓝宝石美人鱼号♥ 巴拿马
我们该去做的事情是
it’s the right thing to do,
去证明安德鲁和迈克
to give purpose and meaning
作为探险家所代表的作用和意义
to what Andrew and Mike stood for as explorers.
悉尼
于是我们前往巴布亚新几内亚
So we’re on our way to Papua New Guinea,
到新不列颠沟
to the New Britain Trench,
新不列颠沟
在那里进行我们的下潜测试
where we’re going to do our test dives,
杰基诺特湾 巴布亚新几内亚
逐步越来越深
going progressively deeper and deeper.
巴布亚新几内亚 2012年2月19日
安德鲁曾指出这地方
This place is everything Andrew promised,
浪静水深 离岸不远
calm deep water right offshore,
有岛屿庇护
sheltered by the island.
这些是完美的潜水条件
These are perfect diving conditions.
第三次下潜 目标深度3000英尺
意外事故的阴影还笼罩着我们
The shadow of the accident is still hanging over us.
存在着一种害怕的心理 觉得我们还没准备好
There’s this sense of dread and a feeling that we’re just not ready.
让我们下潜
Let’s dive.
是时候要克服它了
And that’s exactly when you’ve got to push through it.
此刻 这些家伙需要一次胜利
Right now these guys need a win.
我们需要一次顺顺利利的深海潜水
We need to get a deep dive under our belts
或许才能在以后对付
and then maybe we can face
所有涉及深海挑战者的事情
going all the way to Challenger Deep.
我们阳光下见
See you in the sunshine.
上升
Coming up-
全靠你了 史提夫 慢慢来
Okay, it’s on you, Steve. Nice and slow.
有时你必须去推动 促成下潜的进行
Sometimes you have to push and you have to make that dive,
哪怕你认为你还没准备好
even if you think you’re not ready.
那能给人们成就感
That gives people a sense of accomplishment.
他们会重新凝聚起来
They’ll come back and say,
会说”伙伴们 我们做到了”
“We did it guys, “you know?
“看我们做了什么”
“Look What We did. ”
等待转移 伙伴们
Okay, standby for the transition, guys.
无论是否能到达我们的终极目标
Whether we achieve our ultimate goal or not,
我认为 在如何与团队一起工作方面
I think we’ve all learned an incredible amount
我们每个人都学到了许许多多的东西
about each other and how you work together as a team.
开始啦
And here we go.
别停 唐尼 别停
Keep it coming, Donny. Keep it coming.
深海挑战者号♥ 等待旋转到下潜位置
Deepsea Challenger, standby to rotate to dive position.
收到
Yeah, copy that.
1分钟后达到目标位置
One minute to target area.
收到
Copy.
深海挑战者号♥ 现在就位了
Deepsea Challenger, you’re on target now.
就位了
On target now.
等一等 我进行最后的检查
Wait, one, I just got to do final checks.
好的 最后检查
Okay, final checks …
1号♥ 氧气18%
Vision one. 18 percent O2.
二氧化碳0 3%
CO2 is 0.3 percent.
洗涤器风机运行正常
Scrubber fan is running.
为保护B组 最低的一组电池是87%
To ward B bus, the lowest bus at 87 percent.
看上去不错
Looking good.
深度计正常 罗盘正常
Depth gauge is working. Compass is working.
现在 稍等一下
Now, wait, one.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!