此刻它就像出租车上的计费器
Right now it’s just on the clock like a taxi meter.
35000美元一天
A taxi meter at $35,000 a day.
尼克·宾厄姆 资深电子工程师
吉姆的管理风格是经常把人置于压力之下
Jim’s management style is often to put people under pressure
以此取得成果…
and get results from that and…
这一套很有成效 但如果你是做研发的
that can work really well, but when you’re in a R&D project,
有时候未必有效
sometimes things just aren’t going to work.
某些机械问题
And we’ve got some mechanical problems here
我们会在接下来的几周内解决
that we’ll solve over the next couple of weeks.
希望赶在平安夜前
Hopefully before Christmas Eve, if we can do it.
否则就要到节后了
If not, it will be Boxing Day.
我们不会妥协
We’re not going to compromise.
你不能妥协
You don’t compromise.
尤其是生死攸关的事情
Not on the stuff that keeps you alive.
最重要的是荷重系统
The most important thing is the weight system.
你在水面上把许多荷重绑到潜水器上
Basically you strap a bunch of weight on the sub at the surface
沃尔特·康提 底部分离舱主管
潜水器在释放后会象石头那样下沉
and then you let go and the thing sinks like a rock.
所以 如果荷重不能被卸除
So, literally, if the weights don’t come off,
潜水器就上不来
the sub doesn’t come up.
因此 当你的系统关系到人身安全
So when you’ve got a system that’s survival critical,
信任它的唯一办法就是
the only way to be confident is to test it
测试 测试 测试和测试
over and over and over and over.
在下潜到海底时 你必须面对这样的事实
When you dive to the bottom of the ocean you have to face the fact
约翰·加文 生命维持系统主管
那里有100种可怕的死亡方式
that there are a hundred horrible ways to die.
虽然可能性不大 但断裂会发生在任一密封件上
In the unlikely event that there is a break in any of the seals,
甚至船头或舱门也不例外
in even the penetrator or the hatch…
关舱门
Closing hatch.
破舱而入的水流能把人体劈成两半
the water will bust through with the strength of which it could cut a man in half.
还存在火灾的风险
There’s the risk of fire.
这将是吉姆他的噩梦
It’s Jim’s personal nightmare.
开始演习 着火啦
Go! Drill. Fire, fire, fire!
前舱
Forward cabin.
好的 我戴上面具
Okay, I’m on mask comms.
-1号♥ -生命维持系统 关掉氧气
-Vision … -life support. Shut down the oxygen.
收到
Copy that.
这是1号♥ 2号♥呢
Now, vision one. What about vision two?
戴好紧急呼吸器
Bail out rebreather.
隔离氧气
Isolate the oxygen.
-关掉它 -好的
-Shut it off. -Right.
考虑卸除荷重
Consider drop weights.
好的 卸除荷重
Right, drop weights.
在卸除荷重
Weights coming off.
荷重卸除
Weights are off.
完成 这花了25秒
And done. That’s 25 seconds.
嗯 25秒…
Yeah, 25 seconds and …
如果遇到这种险情我给自己争取到一半一半的生存机会
Okay, I give myself a 50 50 chance of survival on that.
最大的危险可能是二氧化碳
The biggest danger is probably C02,
它是呼吸产生的废气
the waste product from our breath.
如果它没有被清除
And if that’s not cleaned and scrubbed,
驾驶员将会呼吸困难
the pilot will be struggling to breath
最终会导致昏厥和死亡
and will eventually pass out and die.
吉姆 还好吗
Jim. you okay?
我觉得 在这样的工程项目当中
I think that there’s a certain kind of healthy paranoia
要有某种积极的偏执心态
that goes into the engineering of a vehicle like this.
要把对安全问题的执着渗入项目之中
You funnel that anxiety into the engineering solutions that make it safe.
-完成了 -不错
-Done. -Good.
我不喜欢有人私下里
What I don’t like personally focusing on
去告诉苏西什么东西
is what if somebody had to call Suzy and tell her?
苏西·埃米斯·卡梅隆
我知道所有的风险 因为他告诉了我
I hear all the risks because he tells me.
然后他告诉我所有的对策
And then he tells me all of the things that he’s created
确保安全
so that it will be safe.
《泰坦尼克号♥》 1997年
-圆顶 明白吗 -明白 没问题
-And dome. All right? -Got it. Sure.
让我们说”圆顶”三次作为提示
And Let’s say the dome cue three times.
行动
Action!
圆顶 圆顶 圆顶
Dome, dome, dome.
我看着他这样已经16年了
I’ve watched him do it now for 16 years.
无论是对待我们的孩子们或者电影布景
Whether it’s with our children or on a film set
或者科学考察
or an expedition,
他把标准设置得很高
he sets his bar so high
他对安全 对创造力
with safety, with creativity,
对他做的一切都要求很高
with everything he does.

Cut.
整个上半部分已经准备就绪 在返航过程中会脱离
The whole upper section has all been on and come back off.
-记得我和你说过返航的时候会脱离 -记得
-Remember I told you everything goes on and comes back off? -Yeah. Yeah.
你得去想许多要优先考虑的事
You got to think a lot about what your priorities are.
要知道 我是有家室的男人
You know, I mean, I’m a family man,
有5个孩子
got five kids.
许多人会把家庭…
A lot of people would set their priorities as…
放在最优先
those are the ultimate priority,
我也如此
and they are to me.
你要出来了吗
You ready to come out?
但我认为 你给予孩子们的
But I think a part of what you give your kids
不仅只是你的陪同
is more than just your presence.
还要你作好榜样
it’s your example.
好了 现在轮到我们年纪最小的深海探险者
All right. Now we got our youngest deep ocean explorer.
她已迫不及待地脱掉粉红鞋子了
She’s already taken her pink uggs off.
你要潜水 你要到水下去
You want to go for a dive? You want to go underwater, um ?
如果你畏惧 你永远不能去追赶梦想
If you live in fear and you never follow your dreams,
你会退缩更厉害
you’ve compromised in a much greater way.
在见到海洋之前 我已爱上了它
I was in love with the ocean before we ever met.
60年代时电视上那些杰出的水下探险家
It was watching all those great underwater explorers on TV in the ’60s
让我对这个异域世界激动不已
that got me excited about this alien world
觉得地球上的这处富饶之地
that was right here on Earth that was as rich and exotic
充满了超乎想象的魅力
as anything that I could imagine myself.
对我来说 潜水是我心灵的宁静之地
For me, diving, that’s my calm place.
我有幸见证了
I feel privileged to get to bear witness
进化带来的创造力 是它衍生了
to the imaginative power of evolution
所有这些难以置信的生命形态
that’s created all these unbelievable forms of life.
我从中得到了激励
Man, I just am inspired by that.
测试 测试 测试 1 2 3 4
Test, test, test. One, two, three, four.
《深渊》 水下拍摄现场 1988年
这是首次水下收录的对话
First recorded dialogue underwater, on film,
我们正在拍一部载入史册的电影
for a theatrical motion picture in the history of the world.
好了 开始
Okay. And, action!
我长大后选择了电影制片作为职业
When I chose a career as an adult, it was filmmaking,
自然而然地 我讲故事
and of course the stories that I chose to tell
就讲科幻故事
were science fiction stories.
我需要你离摄影机近一些
I need you to be closer to the camera.
我要在这切换镜头 来个特写 好吗
I need to have the shot cut right about here. It’s a close up, okay?
我拍了一部电影叫《深渊》
So I make a movie called The Abyss.
其精髓就是下潜到更深之处 看看下面有什么
At the core of it is this idea of going deeper and seeing what’s down there.
为了这些
And in it are all these,
当时使用了一些尖端科技
at the time, cutting edge new pieces of technology
例如能在水下飞梭的机器人潜水器
like R0 Vs, like a robot that can fly underwater.
这想法非常好
What a great concept.
当我打算拍《泰坦尼克号♥》时
And so at that point, I think for the first time I stepped over a line
我第一次萌发了念头
from science fiction into a reality
我要从科学幻想走到现实生活之中
that involved these kind of science fictional concepts
让具有这些科幻理念的机器人技术
of robotics and deep exploration and so on,
能去做深海探索等等事情
and that’s when I decided to do Titanic.
北大西洋 1995年
虽然只是拍电影
Because I knew that in the making of that film,
但我要真正潜到泰坦尼克号♥那里去
I would get to dive to the Titanic for real.
那是我第一次真实地进入深海
That was the first time I ever went really deep,
那是我孩提时常常梦想到的深海
the kind of deep that I used to imagine as a kid.
四周漆黑一片 我在前往另一个世界
Pitch black. Going to another world.
这艘名船的残骸就在我的眼前
l was struck by how surreal it was to actually be there
此情此景让我震撼
at the wreck of this famous ship
它曾是我此生的传奇
that had seemed like a legend to me all my life.
而从今以后 它不再是

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!