We’ll take care of your car.
我们会照看的
Just step back to my car.
上我的车就行了
Get her car here.
处理一下她的车
Let’s go.
走
Would you come this way please?
请这边走 好吗?
Morton Entrekin, Ms Lerner.
莫顿·恩切肯 兰娜女士
I’m expected back at MSNBC at 6:00.
我6点钟要回到MSNBC
I think I should be there.
我想我应该在那儿
People knew about the Manhattan Project, you know,
人人皆知曼哈顿计划 你知道
and they kept it a secret.
然而 他们都将其作为秘密保守起来
That was just the creation of the atom bomb.
那只是在制♥造♥原♥子♥弹♥
Hmm.
哼
Ms Lerner, Tom Beck.
兰娜女士 汤姆·贝克
I understand you’ve come into some information.
我明白你已经找到了一些幕后消息
Ms Lerner was just expressing her lack of enthusiasm
兰娜女士只是表示了她对国♥家♥安♥全♥事务
for matters of national security
这个新闻竞争很激烈的领域
where journalistic competitiveness is at stake.
缺乏热情
Mr President, I’m not interested
总统先生 我对利用埃莉
in using Ellie to further my career.
来推进我的事业没有兴趣
What do you know about E.L.E.?
关于E L E 你知道些什么?
I know you should have picked a better cover story
我知道你应该挑一个比生病的太太
than a sick wife.
更好的封面故事
See?
看到了吧?
What did I tell you?
我告诉过你什么?
We’d always thought the deadline for going public
我们已经想好了向公众公开的最终期限
was the publication of the budget,
日期就是预算公布的那一天
since we’ve spent more money than we can hide.
因为我们已经花了很多钱 远超我们能隐藏的
The budget comes out in 2 weeks.
预算2周后出♥台♥
I don’t suppose I could convince you to sit on this for 2 weeks.
我不能假设我能说服你会为此等上2个星期
No such thing as 2 weeks in the news business.
新闻界没有2个星期的说法
And I can’t appeal to your sense
我不能迎合你那到底什么会藏于
of what’s in the nation’s best interest?
国家最大利益之中的感觉
I always thought the truth
我一直认为真♥相♥就藏于
was in the nation’s best interest.
国家的最大利益之中
You want to hold her?
你要拘留她吗?
What if we go public in 48 hours?
如果我们48小时后公布于众 如何?
Now that’s doable, isn’t it?
这才是能做的 不是吗?
That would be very difficult, Mr President.
那会很困难的 总统先生
Morton, if she knows, how long can it be
莫顿 如果她已经知道
before CNN or the “Post” breaks the story?
距离CNN或者”邮报”捅破这件事还会有多久?
This was never gonna be a secret
在你想把它当做秘密的时候
as long as you wanted it to be.
这件事就不可能再是秘密了
Give us 2 days, Ms Lerner.
给我们2天 兰娜女士
You’ll get second row, centre,
在白宫记者招待会上
at the White House press conference.
你将坐在第2排中间位置
Now, from what I know of your career, that’s a promotion.
从我对你事业的了解 那是对你的提拔
I want exclusivity.
我要独家采访
Now, listen, young lady.
此刻 听着 年轻的女士
This is a presidential favour.
这可是总统的好意
I’m letting you go
我让你走
because I don’t want another headache.
因为我不想再惹另一个麻烦
And I’m trusting you
并且我信任你
because I know what this can do for your career.
因为我知道这对你的事业会有何帮助
It might seem that we have each other
似乎我们彼此都要
over the same barrel, Ms Lerner,
摆脱同样的困境 兰娜女士
but it just seems that way.
但好像只能这样
I want…
我想要…
Want?
要什么?
May I…
我可以…
May I have the first question?
我可以提第一个问题吗?
We’ll see you Tuesday, Ms Lerner.
我们星期二见 兰娜女士
Come on, come on.
快点 快点
E.L.E., E.L.E.
E L E E L E
Paleontology?
古生物学?
Paleontology?
古生物学?
What’s paleontology have to do with anything?
古生物学与此有何关系?
Come on.
快点
Hey.
嗨
Hey.
嗨
Look who’s working late.
看看谁工作得这么晚
How’s Rittenhouse going?
瑞特豪斯的事进展得如何?
No sign of the wife yet.
还没找到他老婆
Is she missing?
她失踪了?
No. We’re still working on it.
没有我们还在努力
We’ll get there.
我们会搞定的
I know, it’s a dull story.
我知道这新闻很无聊
Next time we’ll get you something more exciting.
下次 我们会给你更加令人兴奋的报导
Great.
好呀
Are you OK?
你还好吧?
Yeah.
还好
Want to come to dinner with us?
想和我们一起去晚餐吗?
I can’t. I have plans.
不了 我另有安排
OK. We’ll see you tomorrow.
那好我们明天见
Thank you.
谢谢
Ah, here she is.
啊哈 她在这儿
Jenny.
杰妮
Hello.
你好
Hi, Chloe.
你好 克洛伊
Would you like some champagne, miss?
要些香槟吗 小姐?
Martini… big.
马提尼… 大杯的
I missed you.
我想你
I mean we missed you yesterday.
我是说我们昨天很想念你
I must say, I’m…
我必须说 我…
I’m disturbed that you didn’t come
我对你没来参加我们的婚礼
to our wedding.
深感不安
Jason, you promised.
杰森 你保证过的
I know I promised,
我知道我保证过
but it was a beautiful event,
不过 那是个美丽的插曲
and I missed her.
我想念她
You should have been there.
你应该在那儿
The twins, they were running around like mad
那对双胞胎疯狂地跑来跑去
and throwing flowers.
抛撒鲜花
It was wonderful, especially Emma.
真的很棒 尤其是艾玛
You know, the little one. She loves you.
你知道的 小的那个 她爱你
It was beautiful.
很漂亮
She missed you, too.
她也想念你
All right.
行了
This is from us for you.
这是我们送你的
Are you not going to open it?
你不打开看看吗?
I knew she wouldn’t…
我知道她不…
You can exchange them if you don’t like them.
你若不喜欢 可以回店里换
Jenny, I know this is hard.
杰妮 我知道这很难接受
I just want you to be happy.
我只是要你高兴
Happy.
高兴
Well,
好了
I would like to propose a toast to happiness
我提议为幸福干杯
and to…
为…
Are we going to have an evening or not?
我们去玩个通宵 怎么样?
Jenny, I know that you hate me.
杰妮 我知道你恨我
I know that you have terrible things
我知道你有很多糟糕的
that you want to say to me.
事情想对我说
You have to get over it.
你必须迈过去
Life goes on.
生活要继续下去
Life goes on? OK.
生活继续下去? OK
What’s so funny?
有什么好笑的?
Life…
生活…
We’ll see.
走着瞧吧
What’s so funny about “life goes on”?
“生活要继续下去”有什么好笑的?
Life going on?
生活继续下去?
I don’t think it’s funny that life goes on.
我不认为”生活要继续下去”有什么好笑