Hamotzi lechem…
…赐予了我们面包,
min ha-oretz.
您指示我们要点燃安息日的蜡烛。
Vitzi-vonu l’hadlik nair shel shabat.
您发明了…吹♥喇♥叭♥。
Boreh pree ha…blowjob.
之后终于有一天,该来的还是来了。
And one day, the inevitable happened.
海伦的一个病人,一个以色列人,
A patient of Helen’s, an Israeli,
因妻子弃他而去而陷于抑郁,
过来找她治疗,
who had come to her in a depressed state over his wife having left him,
他捕获了海伦的芳心。
captured Helen’s heart.
我想我们应该终止对你的治疗,
I think we should terminate your treatment,
给我们俩以充分的时间考虑一下。
and give it a substantial period of time.
然后,如果我们两个想法一致的话,
And then if we both still feel the same way,
我想我们可以再开始公开地…
then I think we could start to see each other…
…相互交往。
socially.
哈里!哈里!
Harry! Harry!
– 哈里!
– 理查德!
– Harry! – Richard!
…出神了,我想。
…lost in thought, I think.
我…我正在,你知道,
我正在想我写的一本书。
I was just, I was thinking about a book I wrote.
– 我现在一团糟。
– 出什么事了?
– Well, I’m a mess. – What’s the matter?
我这是在去看医生的路上,
我胸口疼得厉害。
I’m on my way to the doctor’s. I’m having severe pains in my chest.
那…那没事的。
That’s nothing.
大不了会是消化不良、或胆囊炎、
或胃溃疡、胃酸反流……
That’s indigestion, or gallbladder, or ulcer, acid reflux…
我有家族病史——
我父亲因心脏病猝然去世,
I’ve got a family history. My father died of a heart attack,
我母亲死于冠状动脉肿大,
my mother dropped dead of a massive coronary,
我的两个哥哥不到50岁,
就死于心脏功能衰竭。
and both my brothers were dead before 50 from heart failure.
我不明白你为何要浪费时间告诉我。
你应该叫救护车才对啊。
I don’t know why you’re wasting time. You should get an ambulance.
你有空吗?
Are you busy?
我要去见我的编辑。
I was going to see my editor.
我讨厌一个人去作这些检查。
I hate going for these tests alone.
我母亲,你知道,是生我的时候死的,
My mother died giving birth to me,
为此,我父亲一辈子都没原谅我。
for which my father never forgave me.
有趣的是,在他去世之前,
我希望当时已经原谅了他。
It’s funny. I wish before he died, I had forgiven him.
人人都有病,尽管你以为
你就快死了,但是你并不会死。
But we’re morbid, ’cause you think you’re dying, but you’re not.
现在,他们有了激光,
你知道,有各种各样的先进玩意儿。
Today, they got lasers, all kinds of things.
是啊,你相信科学,对吗?
Yeah, you and science, right?
是的,科学没有什么不好。
There’s nothing wrong with science.
你知道,如果让我在空调和
教皇之间选择,我会选择空调。
Between air conditioning and the Pope, I’ll take air conditioning.
我很害怕,我真的很害怕。
I’m scared. I’m really scared.
我们能换个话题吗?我能换个话题吗?
你知道我遇到了作家的才思阻断吗?
Can we change the subject? You know I have writer’s block?
是吗?
Yes?
– 我感到了作家的才思阻断。
– 我理解,我理解。
– I have a writer’s block. – I know.
我平生第一次感到…
For the first time in my life,
…我无法再获得有意思的构思了,
那是我安身立命的根本。
I can’t come up with a meaningful idea, something that holds my interest.
噢,我看自从菲伊离开了你,
你就陷入了不少麻烦。
Since Fay left you, you’ve been having trouble.
我过会儿要去见菲伊,
我要和菲伊一起喝一杯。
I’m seeing Fay later. I’m having a drink with Fay.
是吗?我想那太好了。
I think is very good.
我想她很…很适合你,
她比你认识的…
She’s good for you. She’s a lot better than…
…其他许多神经病要好得多……
a lot of those other crazies that you…
噢,我的天哪!我的胳膊!
My God! My arm!
我跟你说吧,没事的,
什么事都没有。
I’m telling you, it’s nothing. Nothing.
我不为你担心。
I’m not scared.
– 你身体很好,没大问题。
– 真的吗?
– You’re in great shape. – Really?
是的。只是你的胳膊
有点儿滑囊炎,可……
You have a little bursitis in your arm, but…
– 噢,那太好了!
– 我经常怎么说来着?
– Well, that’s fantastic! – What do I always say?
英语当中最美丽的词汇
不是什么“我爱你”,
The most beautiful words in the English language are not “I love you”,
而是“那是良性的”。
but “It’s benign.”
你看,我们可以给你做进一步的检查,
不过我认为没那个必要。
We could do more tests, but I don’t think so.
– 那太好了。
– 你的心脏很健康。
– This is fantastic. – Your heart’s in great shape.
既然我来了这里,几星期前
我在开冰箱冷冻柜时把背弄伤了。
While I’m here, I hurt my back a few weeks ago, opening a subzero refrigerator.
– 我给你安排个时间,行吗?
– 我请你喝杯咖啡吧。
– Let me schedule you. – Let me buy you a cup of coffee.
– 不,我没有时间。
– 我给你安排一下。
– No. I don’t have time. – Let me schedule you.
你明天干什么?
What are you doing tomorrow?
呃…我有事。怎么?
I’m busy. Why?
因为我要去我以前的大学,
他们要授予我名誉学位。
I’m going to my old university. They’re honoring me.
我想找个伴儿和我一起去。
I’m looking for company to come with me.
我想我现在正因为这个而焦头烂额,
I don’t think I can get out of this thing,
不过那…那太棒了。
but that’s great.
祝贺你啊!
Congratulations!
– 你看上去很不错。
– 噢,谢谢。
– So you look great. – Thank you.
你看上去有点疲惫。
You look a little tired.
是的,因为我正为这本书大伤脑筋,你知道。
‘Cause I’m struggling with this book.
当然,我已经花了预付金。
Naturally, I spent the advance already.
我现在正处在困难…呃…
and I’m having a tough…
…困难时期。
a tough time.
是啊。我想和你一起
喝一杯的原因是由于……
The reason that I wanted to have this drink was…
能不能请给我来杯…呃…红酒?
Can I get a red wine,
和她喝的一模一样的?
exact same thing that she has, please?
我想让你第一个知道…
I wanted to be the first to tell you that…
…我就要结婚了。
I’m getting married.
噢,别这么说!
Oh, don’t say that!
– 为什么?
– 你什么意思,为什么?
– Why? – What do you mean, why?
因为…
Because…
…我爱你。你怎么能结婚呢?
I love you. How can you get married?
噢,别这样!
Oh, don’t!
– 和谁?是不是拉里?
– 是的,是和拉里。
– Who? Is it Larry? – Yes, it’s Larry.
我就知道!
I knew that!
我他妈简直难以置信!
I don’t fucking believe this!
你知道,这家伙自称是我的朋友。
This guy’s allegedly a friend of mine.
这…这…你知道,他是个魔鬼。
我根本不应该介绍你们认识。
It’s the devil. I should never have introduced you.
拉里一出场,
我就闻到硫磺燃烧的味道。
When Larry’s around, I smell burning sulfur.
我们能不能得到你的祝福呢?
我能得到吗?
Can we have your blessing? Can I have it?
没门!你得不到。
你们当然得不到我的祝福!
No! You certainly don’t have my blessing!
我不想让你结婚。
I don’t want you to get married.
我不想你这样。
I don’t want you to.
我还是走吧。
I should go.
我是你的学生,
I was your pupil.
就像亨利·希金斯和
伊丽莎·杜利特尔【《窈窕淑女》】。
It was Henry Higgins and Eliza Doolittle.
这就是我们的关系,
而且你也希望是这样。
That’s what it was, and that’s what you loved.
可是结果却不是这样。
我…呃…你让我怎么说呢?
But it didn’t work that way. What do you want me to say?
你为什么要爱上我啊?
Why did you fall in love with me?
我是说,是你不厌其烦地给我灌输
那些西方世界的爱情观的。
You gave me those endless lectures on love in the Western world.
我原以为我爱不了你,
我原以为自己已经废掉了。
I didn’t think I could. I thought I was too damaged.
你知道,可是,实际上…你知道……
But it’s not…
有天早上我醒过来,
我越过早餐望着你,
I woke up one morning, and I looked at you over breakfast,
我对自己说:
and I thought to myself,
“天哪,这就是人们所说的,
“God, this is what they mean.
“这就是人们所说的爱啊。”
“This is what they’re talking about.”
是你一直警告我,
让我不要爱上你的啊!
All those warnings bout how I wasn’t supposed to fall in love with you!
我知道。可是我爱上你了啊!
But then I fell in love with you!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!