“of Marvin’s flaccid, microscopic member…
“当他裸着身子踮着脚尖,一蹦一跳…
“jiggling up and down as he bounced naked…
“…穿过他们康涅狄格家中
没有铺地毯的冰冷的地板,
“across the icy floor of their Connecticut home…
“去关外层护窗。
“to close the storm windows.
“真正的原因是她从没爱过他。
“It was that she had never loved him,
“她只是想通过生孩子
来报复她的老姐姐,
“but wanted to have children to retaliate against her older sister,
“因为莱丝丽觉得,她姐姐的体内
根本没有母性,有的只是…
“who did not have a maternal bone in her being, and whose every inch, Leslie felt,
…浑身上下所散发出的贪婪的自恋。
“was occupied by gluttonous self-love.
“肯用手揽住莱丝丽的一对
又圆又大的乳♥房♥♥,从后面上她。”
“Ken ran his hand over Leslie’s large round breasts, and mounted her from the rear.”
噢,真♥他♥妈♥有才!
Big fucking deal!
– 你给她安了一对豪♥乳♥!
– 莱丝丽,拜托……
– You gave her large breasts! – Leslie, please…
露西!
Lucy!
我叫露西,你个卑鄙小人!
I’m Lucy, motherfucker!
我不叫莱丝丽!
Not Leslie!
当然,我的确就是莱丝丽,
Except of course, I am Leslie…
因为你根本就没想要掩饰什么。
你♥他♥妈♥的一点也不在乎!
because you made no attempt to disguise anything. You didn’t give a fuck!
你根本不在乎要不要掩饰!
You didn’t care enough to disguise anything!
拜托!天哪!
Please! Jesus!
两年前,你转身离去,
你♥他♥妈♥的伤透了我的心。
You pulled out two years ago. You broke my fuckin’ heart.
你离开了你妻子,还有我!
You left your wife and me…
为某个浅薄的小荡♥妇♥!
for some little cooze!
离开我和珍妮特!
Me and Janet!
是珍妮。珍妮特是书中的人物。
Jane. Janet is the character in the book.
如今,
Now…
两年过去了,
two years on,
你最新的煌煌巨著…
your latest magnum opus…
…却从这间公♥寓♥的下水道里冒了出来,
emerges from this sewer of an apartment…
在这里,你把我们
每个人的痛苦变成了金子,
where you take everyone’s suffering and turn it into gold.
实实在在的金子。
Literary gold.
人人都痛苦不堪。
你是有意使我们痛苦,
Everyone’s misery. You even cause them misery.
然后利用你那该死的炼金术,
Mix your alchemy…
将它们变成了金子,
就他妈像个邪恶的巫师那样!
and make it into gold, like some fuckin’ black magician!
嘿,你饶了我吧!
是我不得不躲到贝尔维尤去的好吧。
Give me a break! I’m the one who wound up in Bellevue.
– 你自做自受,罪有应得。
– 露西!简直疯了……
– You deserve it and worse. – Lucy!
你毁了我的生活!
我来这里就是为了一枪爆头!
You’ve ruined my life! I’ve come here to blow my brains out!
你怎么回事啊?
What’s wrong with you?
在你面前…就在你面前,
在你的地毯上面,
In front of you… In front of you on your carpet,
因为这都是你引起的。
我他妈的脑浆涂满你的地毯!
because you caused it. My fuckin’ brains on your carpet!
你太他妈的情绪不稳了!
You’re so fucking unstable!
你能不能放松一下先?
Will you relax?
你看上我的不就是这个吗?这不是我
使你兴奋的原因吗——珍妮那疯狂的妹妹?
That’s why you picked me. That’s what turns you on about me–Jane’s crazy sister.
– 冷静一下吧,你不会自杀的。
– 不会吗?
– Calm down. You’re not gonna kill yourself. – No?
是的,你不会,因为你没有自杀因子。
No. you’re not, because it’s not in you.
你不是那么戏剧化类型的人,
从来都不是。
You’re not the dramatic type. You never were.
珍妮才是你们姐妹中比较戏剧化的那个,
珍妮是独奏提琴手。
Jane is the dramatic sister. Jane is the solo violinist.
放松一点,看在老天的份上!
Relax, for Christ’s sake!
你说得对,
You’re right.
我没有勇气杀了自己。
I don’t have the nerve to kill myself.
你知道,我来的时候我就知道。
I knew it as I came over here.
我说不,
I said no,
不该是我。
not me.
最好还是把他杀了。
Better to kill him.
你说什么?
Pardon me?
杀了那个邪恶的巫师,
Kill the black magician,
这样他就不会再去把
人们的痛苦转变成金子了。
so he can’t spin any more gold out of human misery.
露西,你怎么回事啊?
What’s wrong with you?
闭嘴!
Shut up!
– 把…把枪放下!
– 你太他妈巧舌如簧了!
– Put it down! – You’re so fuckin’ verbal!
你甚至在我父亲的葬礼上,说服了我…
Who else could have talked me into giving him…
…替你“吹♥喇♥叭♥”!
a blow job at my father’s funeral?
露西,你考虑清楚。
Lucy, think it over.
你给我站住!
You stop right there!
不!别开枪!别扣扳机!
Don’t shoot! Don’t pull the trigger!
听着,要是你觉得那样能好过一点的话,
我可以告诉你,我的生活正变得一团糟。
Look, if it makes you happy, my life has been going badly.
我最近惨透了——我女朋友离开了我,
跟我的一个好朋友跑了。事事不……
I’ve been miserable. My girl left me. She went off with a close friend of mine.
…失眠症,我长了疱疹。
Insomnia. I’ve got herpes.
…把我挣的每个子儿
都浪费在了心理医生、
I’ve squandered everything I have on shrinks…
律师和妓♥女♥身上。
and lawyers and whores.
…得了疲劳综合症。
…fatigue syndrome.
听着,我不会站在这该死的屋顶上,
I’m not gonna stand up here on this fucking roof…
向个…世界级的傻♥逼♥乞求饶命的。
with a world-class meshugana cunt and beg for my life.
如果你想开枪打我,你就打好了!
我正在工作,你就闯进来打断了我……
If you want, shoot me! I was working. You interrupted.
– 那么今天你又在糟践谁的生活呢?
– 没有…你听了会很高兴……
– So whose life were you exploiting today? – You’ll be very happy.
…正在改写。
It was re-writing.
我正在就我自传里的一部分内容
进行再创作,有关我第一段婚姻的。
I was working on an autobiographical thing about when I was first married.
哈维·斯特恩年纪轻轻就结了婚,
Harvey Stern married too young…
主要是为了逃离他父母的住所,
在那里,他得按期付租,
mainly to get out of his parents’ apartment, which was a rent-controlled cornucopia…
那是个充斥着负疚、对抗、
和骂得你身心俱惫的地方。
of guilt, antagonism, and soul-deadening criticism.
白天,他在一家鞋店
无精打采地干着活;
By day, he labored listlessly in a shoe store.
而到了夜晚,他则在他的“雷明顿”牌
便携式打字机前精神抖擞。
By night, he glowed intensely over his Remington portable.
你想不想上♥床♥啊?
Are you coming to bed?
罗莎莉,我正在构思一个句子,
Rosalie, I’m in the middle of a sentence…
– 现在我的思路被你打断了。
– 我觉得受到了冷落,
– I lost my thread. – I’m feeling rejected…
因为我们再也不睡在一起了。
because we never sleep together anymore.
我也不知道怎么回事,
我就是对她提不起兴趣。
I don’t know what it is. I’m just not attracted to her.
– 是不是她做了什么事使你对她不再感兴趣了?
– 你知道,我也有不对的地方。
– Is she doing something to put you off? – It’s my fault, too.
我对她撒谎了,我对她说
我太专注于我的工作了。
And I lie. I tell her I’m too wrapped up in work…
可事实恰好相反,我现在是
超级的性兴奋,只是不是对她而已。
but the opposite is true. I’m hyper- sexually aroused, just not for her.
那会对谁?
Who for?
任何其他女人。
Anyone else.
她有个妹妹,我太想搞她了。
She has a sister. I’m dying to fuck her.
长得像娃娃,嘴唇很厚。
A doll, thick lips.
还有她哥伦比亚来的朋友,
叫詹妮弗?我做梦都梦到她。
Her friend from Columbia. Jennifer? I dream of her.
我从没想过我会对非洲历史感兴趣,
可是她太让我着迷了。
I never thought I could care about African history, but she’s spellbinding.
事实是,每当我碰到或看见一个女人,
The truth is, I never meet or see a woman…
我无不暗自思忖,要是能和她上♥床♥
会是什么样的感觉。
that I don’t wonder what it would be like in bed with her.
我遇见个很棒的鸡!
I met a great hooker!
鸡?
A hooker?
很漂亮,中国来的。
Beautiful. From China.
身材棒得没话说。
Unbelievable body.
受过很好的如何取悦男人的
传统技艺的熏陶。
Schooled by tradition in the art of pleasing men.
五十块钱。
It’s 50 clams.
你这不是在欺骗你老婆吗?
Wouldn’t you be cheating on your wife?
不,这不叫欺骗。她只是个鸡。
No. It’s not cheating. She’s a hooker.
我又没有爱上她。
It’s not like I’m having a love affair.
你对一个以此为职业的女人的感觉
和对你老婆的感觉是不一样的。
You don’t feel for a professional girl the way you do for your wife.
她来了之后,给你浑身抹油……
She comes over, rubs on her oils…
抹油?
Oils?
然后上♥床♥,她带你飞上月宫。
Into the sack, she takes you to the moon.
你留张半百的钞票给她,
她就成了历史。