她为什么要恨我?
因为我对她不忠?
Why should she hate me, because I was unfaithful to her?
不,因为她抓住你的时候,
你不像个男人。
No, because when she caught you, you weren’t a man.
你变成了那个…那个满口胡言乱语、
You turned into this double-talking,
插科打诨、支吾搪塞的骗子。
wise-cracking, tap-dancing liar.
可是如果她没有那么怒气冲冲的话,
你知道,也许我们可以做点弥补。
If she had not become so enraged, maybe we could’ve patched things up.
听听着家伙说的!混淆……
Listen to this guy! Deluded…
也许在希利出生之后,
你们俩的性生活是有点减少,
Maybe it had tapered a bit after Hilly was born,
可你们还是很有规律地过着的。
but you two had sex pretty regularly.
我…我也不知道为什么
我会和那个病人搞在一起。
I have no idea why I took up with that patient.
她很容易上手,她也很可爱,你知道。
She was available, she was adorable.
而我的婚姻正日趋平淡。
And my marriage was droning on.
你所说的“日趋平淡”,
正是大多数人说的“过日子就那样”。
What you call “droning on,” most people call “working.”
好吧,如果过日子就那样,
那么婚姻对我不适合。
If that’s working, then marriage is not for me.
是啊,的确不是对每一个人都适合。
Well, it’s not for everyone.
可是…你知道,不然我又感到孤独。
But then I get lonely.
嘿,你让我怎么说呢?
Hey, what do you want me to say?
你知道,她给了我希利,
为此,我会…我会永远感激她。
She gave me Hilly, and for that I’m eternally grateful,
因为我非常爱他。
’cause I love him so much.
这里面的东西随便你挑一个。
You can have any one you want here.
我能要两个吗?
Can I get two?
你可以要两个。这样好了,
你可以随便挑三件礼物。
You can get two. Tell you what, you get any three presents.
你在店里转一圈,随便选三件
你想要的礼物。这样行吗?
Go through the store and pick any three presents, okey?
– 这样你满意吗?
– 好。
– Would that satisfy you? – Yeah.
– 看看我找到了什么。
– 嘿!
– Look what I found. – Hey!
这个很酷吧?
Isn’t that cool?
这是你一直想要的化学套装。
你瞧这个,真太好了!
This is the chemistry set you always wanted. Look at that. It’s perfect!
不,不,先别打开。让我先去付钱,行吗?
这样我不会有……
No, no. Don’t open it yet. Let me buy it first, okey? So I don’t get into…
– 哈里!你怎么样?
– 嘿,拉里!你怎么也在这儿?
– Harry! How you doing? – Larry! What are you doing here?
我来给我侄儿买♥♥个“超级战队”玩具。
Buying my nephew a Power Ranger.
– 不敢相信,你什么时候回来的?
– 两天前吧,是啊。
– When did you get back? – A couple of days ago.
嗨,菲伊,过来一下。
这是拉里,我跟你说过拉里。
Hey, Fay. This is Larry. I told you about Larry.
– 噢,是的。很高兴认识你。
– 老朋友、同事、伙伴。
– Oh, yeah. It’s nice to meet you. – Old friend, colleague, peer.
– 这么说你回来了,什么时候?两天……
– 呃…两天前,是的。
– So you got back, when? – Two days ago.
我坐船从亚马逊河顺流而下。
I took a boat down the Amazon.
– 真的吗?天哪,那一定很刺♥激♥啊。
– 难忘的经历。
– Really? God, that sounds exciting. – It was unbelievable.
是啊,如果你不担心疟疾
和痢疾的话。这家伙……
Yes, if you don’t mind malaria and dysentery.
那儿的蝴蝶有鸽子那么大,
以前还从没见到过那样的东西。
Butterflies the size of doves. Never seen anything like it before.
我倒是无所谓见没见过。
我不是很……
I can live without that, however.
非常令人吃惊。
It was astounding.
嗯…嗯,听上去是的。
It sounds it.
– 不敢相信,你是两天前回来的?
– 两天前。
– So you got back two days ago? – Two days ago.
– 我们很久以前就认识了。
– 很长时间了。
– We go back a long way. – Long time.
– 我们那时就成了朋友……
– 是啊,我们俩一开始都希望成为卡夫卡,
– We were friends… – We both started out wanting to be Kafka,
你比我更接近他一点了。
You got slightly closer than I did.
是啊,我成了昆虫【《变形记》】,而他……
Yeah, I became the insect, and he…
我很兴奋,我没想到。
I’m very excited. I’m amazed.
我们应该聚聚,我们应该……
We should go out.
好啊。听着,为什么你们不去
我在东汉普顿的家里度个周末呢?
Why don’t you come to my house in East Hampton for a weekend?
– 一定很有意思的。
– 噢,别太疯狂了。
– It will be great fun. – Well, let’s not get hysterical.
– 我…我很愿意去,一定很好玩。
– 噢,那里风景很漂亮。
– I’d love to. It would be fun. – Oh, it’s beautiful out there.
不,不。你的裆下会粘满沙子,
身上会长虱子。
It’s sand in the crotch. It’s ticks.
要想让这家伙离开他屋子……
To get this guy to leave his room…
– 他从没晒过日光浴。
– 我知道。
– He’s never had a tan. – I know.
你知道,我一直很想学
戴呼吸管潜泳。我从没试过。
I’ve always wanted to learn how to snorkel.
– 噢,那里正是好地方。
– 戴呼吸管潜泳!他住的地方,有鲨鱼出没。
– Oh, it’s great there. – Snorkel! Where he lives, there are sharks.
你想潜泳?你看到过那些照片没?
那些只剩下残肢断臂的家伙?
You see those photographs of guys with stumps for legs and arms?
– 我说谎了吗?
– 是的,你在说谎。那里很好玩的。
– Am I lying? – Yes, you are. It’s fabulous.
听着,我请你们俩吃饭去,
我们接着谈……
Let me take you to dinner. We’ll talk.
– 不,我们请你吃饭。我们请他吃吧?
– 好吧。
– No, We’ll take you to dinner. – All right.
好啊,我很愿意告诉你们亚马逊的事,
因为那改变了我的生活。
I’d love to tell you about the Amazon. It changed my life.
噢,我很愿意听你说。
天哪,听起来非常有意思。
I’d love to hear it. It sounds amazing.
是的,我打算写一部小说,
我会跟你聊聊的。这…算了……
Gonna write a novel. I’ll tell you about it.
我对亚马逊没什么兴趣。
你知道亚马逊是怎么回事吗?
I’m not into the Amazon. You know what the Amazon is?
亚马逊就是那些在小小的脑袋上
长着嘴巴被缝住了的动物。
The Amazon is the tiny, little heads with the lips sewn together.
– 不,不……
– 你能想象他这个样子吗?
– No, no… – Can you picture him this way?
– 太好了,今晚我们就一起吃饭。
– 好的,很好。- 太好了。
– That’s great. We’ll go to dinner tonight. – Yeah, great. – That’d be great.
很好。我单身一人,没什么事,
我还有颗黑人的灵魂。
Great. I’m single, available, with the soul of a black man.
嘿,我闻到了硫磺味。
你们闻到硫磺味了吗?
I smell sulfur. Do you smell sulfur?
希利,你把化学套装盒打开了吗?
Hilly, did you open the chemistry set?
嘿,快看!我们快到了。
“阿黛尔大学,3英里”
Hey, look! We’re almost there.
希利,希利,快醒醒。
Hilly. Hilly, wake up.
我们快到…希利,醒醒。
我们快到大学了。
We’re almost… Hilly, wake up. We’re almost at the university.
你♥爸♥我就要去接受荣誉了,
你知道,不管我当时的课学得怎么样。
Your dad’s gonna be honored. Limited as my curriculum was.
– 理查德,我们到了,还有五分钟。
– 嘿,亲爱的,醒醒。我们要……
– Richard, we’re there. 5 minutes. – Hey, honey. Wake up.
呃…哦,好像不对劲。
Something’s wrong.
怎么回事?
What’s the matter?
我不知道,我想他没在呼吸!
I don’t think he’s breathing!
他死了!他死了!
He’s dead! He’s dead!
什么?!
What?!
我简直不敢相信!
昨天我还和他一起在医生那里,
I can’t believe this! I was at the doctor’s with him yesterday.
他们说他的心脏没问题。
They said his heart was fine.
吓死我了!
I’m scared!
噢,天…没什么好害怕的,希利。
There’s nothing to be scared of, Hilly.
我没事,爸爸。
I’m fine, Dad.
还记得我告诉过你死亡是生命的
自然的一部分吗?你不得不拥抱它们两个。
Remember I told you death is a natural part of life? You have to embrace them both.
这下我们该怎么办?
What are we gonna do?
我不知道。
回…回到车里去。我们去……
I don’t know. Get back in the car.
– 我们得先去那里。
– 我才不坐到他旁边呢!不,没门!
– We gotta go up there. – I don’t wanna sit next to him!
没事……
It’s ok…
欢迎来到阿黛尔大学,先生。
我是威金斯教授。
Welcome to Adair University. I’m Professor Wiggins.
我们希望你一路上都很愉快。
We certainly hope you had a very pleasant trip here.
你要先休息一下吗?
或者先吃点什么?
Would you like to rest up? Would you like some refreshments, perhaps?
– 他没事吧?
– 你好?
– Is he all right? – Hello?
他死了,亲爱的。
你们这儿有塑料袋子吗?
He’s dead, honey. You got one of them rubber bags?
我们已经给遗体作了安排,
We’ve made arrangements for the body…
会将他送回纽约城。
to be delivered to New York City.
我想…我想事实上他没什么
很亲近的家庭成员。
I don’t think he has any immediate family, actually.
如果你希望的话,
If you prefer,
我们可以取消仪式。
we can call off the proceedings.
– 我想也许那样最好。
– 不!
– I think that’s the best idea. – No!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!