可是我鼓不起勇气这么做。
I think I should quit my job, but I can’t bring myself to do it.
也许是因为我姐夫对我很好。
Maybe because my brother-in-law treats me kindly.
可是为他工作,从感情上
给我造成了很大的伤害。
But working for him is taking its toll on me emotionally.
能原谅我失陪一下吗,法博先生?
Could you excuse me, Mr. Farber?
什么?
What?
你个该死的畜牲!
You fucked-up fuck!
我他妈不敢相信你干出这样的事!
你个该死的混♥蛋♥!
I can’t believe you fucking did this! You fucking asshole!
你操了我病人?
哈里,你不能操其他人的病人!
You fucked my patient? Harry, you don’t fuck somebody’s patient!
我♥操♥你妈!
Fuck you!
– 请继续,法博先生。
– 好的。
– Continue, Mr. Farber. – Yeah.
我……
I…
想不起说到哪儿了?
你说…你说你想辞掉你的工作。
You lost your thread? You were talking about quitting your job.
噢,是的。
Oh, right.
你知道,是啊…是这样,
我和我妻子商量了一下。
I discussed it with my wife.
尽管表面上看她好像
很支持我的样子,
While she seems on the surface to be supportive
可我知道她还是希望我继续做。
I know she’d rather I stay on.
她崇拜戈登。
She idolizes Gordon.
我是说,不然的话,她也不会
成天和他呆在一起了。
I mean, all the time that’s all she does is spend time with him anyway.
你看,原谅我再失陪一下好么?
就一秒钟,法博先生。
Listen, could you excuse me just one more second, Mr. Farber?
还来?
Again?
你尽管继续,我可以通过过道
听到你说的。大声点!
Just continue. I can hear you from the hallway. Loudly!
我想让你从这里搬出去。
I want you to get out of here.
我想让你收拾好
你♥他♥妈♥的所有东西,
I want you to get all your goddamn stuff together,
我想让你从这里滚出去。
and I want you to get out of here.
你知道,我无法理解,
为何世上最练达的女人,
You know, I cannot understand why the most sophisticated of women…
却分辨不出…
can’t tell the difference between…
…一段毫无意义的、纵情一时的、
激♥情♥洋溢的性关系,
a meaningless, hot, passionate sexual affair,
与一桩美好的、坚实的、祥和的
平淡婚姻之间的区别。
and a nice, solid, tranquil, routine marriage.
告诉我,哈里,你跟我说实话,
就她一个人呢,还是有别的什么人?
Harry, just tell me something. Was she the only one, or were there others?
没有了。艾米·波拉克是唯一的一个。
要是我撒谎,就让上帝劈死我好了。
No, Amy Pollack was the only one. May God strike me dead if I’m lying.
你是个无神论者,哈里!
You’re an atheist, Harry!
是的。嘿,我们在宇宙中孤独一支,
这你也该怪我吗?
We’re alone in the universe. Gonna blame that on me, too?
– 噢,你又给我兜圈子!
– 别这样!
– Stop that tap-dancing! – Stop that!
你看,是你先对我没有性趣的。
You know, you turned off me first.
噢,拜托!
Oh, please!
不,是我生的孩子。
你知道,在女人生孩子时,
No. I gave birth. When women give birth…
有那么个阶段她们的荷尔蒙
可能会变得很紊乱。
there is a time period when their hormones just sort of go crazy.
– 是的,可是……
– 但她们会平稳下来。
– Yes, but… – But they settle.
好啊。所以说如果你的意思是
你还在平稳,那我接受。
Okey. So if you’re telling me that you’re settling, I accept that.
那你接受?
You accept that?
噢,哈里,你真♥他♥妈♥是个混♥蛋♥!
Oh, Harry, you are so fucking nuts!
放轻松点!老天哪……
Take it easy!
如果你觉得婚姻不幸福,
你不该欺骗。
Harry, if you’re not happy in a marriage, you don’t cheat.
居然和我的病人?
And with my patient?
哈里,那是一种神圣的信任,
我和病人之间。
That is a sacred trust. My patient.
你要我怎么做啊?
我还能见到谁啊?
What do you want? Who else do I meet?
我成天在这里,我在房♥间里工作,
我们有了小孩,
I’m here, I’m working in the room, we have the baby,
你总是在那儿看病,
我们从没社交活动。
you’re out there practicing, we never socialize.
这么说你现在责怪起我来了,
So now you’re blaming me,
因为你我外出得不够多,
你没机会…
because I don’t go out with you enough places,
…认识陌生人让你操?!
where you can meet strangers to fuck?!
你看……
Look…
我只是想向你解释一下,
I was merely explaining to you…
为什么我别无选择地…
why my choice, of necessity,
– …被困在你的诊所里。
– 噢,天哪。
– is confined to your practice. – Oh, God.
在和你结婚前,
我就知道你精神上有病,
I knew you were mentally ill before I married you.
可是我想,怎么说我也是个受过
专业训练的医生,我可以帮助你。
But I thought because I was a trained professional that I could help you.
嘿,得了吧。别……
Hey, come on. Don’t…
别太把自个儿当成个
心理治疗专家了。
The last thing you wanna do is get down on yourself as a therapist.
噢,天哪!
Oh, God!
我要你带上你的破烂玩意儿,
我要你拿上你♥他♥妈♥的破衣服,
I want you to get your shit and get your goddamn clothes,
我要你♥他♥妈♥的给我
从这里滚出去!
and I want you to get the fuck out of here!
你是我这一辈子见到过的、
最他妈的…
You are the most fucking irresponsible person…
…没有责任感的家伙!
I’ve ever seen in my entire life!
你给我滚!
And get out!
继续,法博先生。
Continue, Mr. Farber.
医生……
Doctor…
我是说今晚,我♥操♥你妈♥个♥逼!
And I mean tonight, motherfucker!
爸,我的百事可乐!
Dad, my Pepsi!
这么说为了报复你的前妻和你妹妹,
所以我就诞生了?
So you got even with your ex-wife and with your sister, and I was born?
诞生?你什么意思啊?
Born? What are you talking about?
诞生于你笔尖,
诞生于你那丰富的想象力。
From your pen. From your fertile imagination.
我是说,你想象出来的。
And I mean, imagination.
嘿,我可没想着要报复琼。
I wasn’t trying to get even with Joan.
噢,你把我塑造成了这样一个
泼妇加犹太人的混合形象,
You created me as the shrewish, Jewish hybrid…
跟她的另一个病人跑了,
who goes off with another patient,
一个从特拉维夫来的正统的离婚者。
an orthodox divorcee from Tel Aviv.
可我妹妹根本不应该嫁给伯特。
你知道,那家伙把她变成了个宗教狂热分子。
My sister never should have married Burt. This guy’s turned her into a zealot.
可她爱你。以前你父亲虐待你
又不是她的错。
She loves you. It wasn’t her fault your father persecuted you.
她以前很好,
直到她后来和他在一起了——
She was fine till she wound up with him–
和那个右翼的强硬派结了婚。
this right-wing hawk that she’s married.
瞧你说的。这么说她自己选定丈夫
令你大失所望了?
Listen to him. So she disappointed you in her choice of husbands?
那还是去你的吧!她爱伯特。
Well, fuck you! She loves Burt.
她是个很不错的孩子,
她对物理很有天赋。
She was a wonderful kid. She had a flair for physics.
可一夜之间,突然她就变正统了。
Suddenly overnight, she’s kosher.
但她仍然爱你,
She loves you still…
尽管你那么明显地表现出了
对她的生活的不屑一顾。
despite your obvious condescension towards her life.
她仍然爱我?
Does she love me?
你想听听当你不在的时候,
她是如何说你的吗?
Would you like to hear what she says about you?
他没那么坏,伯特。
他以前真的是个很好的哥哥。
He’s not so bad, Burt. He really was a very good brother.
只是我父亲由于他妻子之死,
确实没原谅他。
Just my father never forgave him when his wife died.
那家伙根本不是个犹太人,
他不是个犹太人。就这么回事!
The man is not a Jewish man. that’s all!
好吧!
All right!
可怜的哈里,他总是感到困惑茫然。
Poor Harry. He was always lost.
你知道,他只是永远也接受不了
这样的事实——有些事情是未可知的。
He could just never accept the fact that there are things you can’t know.
那人做不到按信仰行事。
The man is incapable of an act of faith.
好吧。对此,我可怜他。
For that, I pity him.
你知道,我很想能再拥抱他一下,
就像我们是孩子时那样。
I would like to hug him again like when we were kids.
那时每当我苦恼时,
他真的给过我很大的安慰。
And if I was upset, he was a real comfort to me.
我们之间怎么了?
What happens to us?
– 多丽丝……
– 她听不见你说的。
– Doris… – She can’t hear you.
至于说到琼……
And as for Joan…
琼?琼…琼恨我。
Joan? Joan hates me.
她不该恨吗?
Well, shouldn’t she?