A little more than two hours ago, in an 8th Avenue subway underpass…
两个多小时前,在第八道的地铁地下通道内……
…two men were shot. One died on the spot.
……有两人被枪击。其中一人当场死亡。
The other managed to reach the street before he collapsed.
另一个人挣扎着跑到了地面上。
He died shortly afterward in the hospital.
在到医院不久后就死亡了。
The two men have been identified as Joseph Roscoe Adams and George Reech.
这两人被确认身份是约瑟夫·罗斯科·亚当斯和乔治·雷奇。
Both had long criminal records.
两人都有长♥期♥的犯罪记录。
The Vigilante himself may have been wounded.
“义务警♥察♥”可能自己也受伤了。
The actions of The Vigilante, as lawless as they may be…
“义务警♥察♥”的行为,也是非法的……
…seem to be giving others new attitudes toward crime in the streets.
……不过看来给了人们对待街头犯罪产生了新的态度。
Instead of helplessly allowing themselves to be mugged and robbed…
而不再让自己无助地忍♥受被抢劫和欺凌……
…a few are fighting back.
……一些人开始反抗。
I have with me Mrs. Alma Lee Brown…
现在和我在一起是的阿尔玛·李·布朗太太……
…who today successfully defended herself against two muggers…
……她今天成功地保护了自己,并对抗了两个抢劫者……
…with an unusual weapon.
……用的是一个不寻常的武器。
Mrs. Brown, would you tell us how you drove off your attackers today?
布朗太太,你能告诉我今天你是怎么赶走袭击者的吗?
With a hatpin!
用帽针!
You ever seen a hatpin? I can’t say that I have.
你见过帽针吗? 我没见过。
Well, that’s what we used to use to hold our hats on with, ha, ha…
好吧,那是我们用来别住帽子的东西,哈,哈……
…and I ain’t got no gun like this Vigilante fellow…
……我没有像“义务警♥察♥”那样的枪……
..but I went to my closet, and everybody better look out for me from now on.
…… 但是我在壁柜里找到了帽针,从现在开始.大家最好要小心别惹我了……
Because I’ve been robbed too many times, and I’ve had enough!
因为我被抢了很多次,我受够了!
Some of the men building this skyscraper…
一些建筑大厦的工人……
…made what you might call a citizens’ arrest today.
……在今天发动了你可能称之为“全民追捕”的行动。
I’ll ask Andrew McCabe, one of the foremen, to tell you about it.
我采访一个工头,安德鲁·麦卡比,让他来告诉大家。
Me and my crew was working down in the hole.
我和我的伙计们在工地干活。
One of the boys up on the steel yelled down:
架子上的一个小伙冲我们喊:
There’s a mugging going on!”
“有人在抢劫!”
So we come out of the hole and through the gate, and we caught this guy running.
所以我们跑出工地,冲出大门,捉住了那个逃跑的家伙。
And we roughed him up a little bit before the police came.
在警♥察♥来之前,我们对他进行了批评教育。
The hospital report says the man had two broken arms…
医院的报告说那家伙的两条胳膊折了……
…a broken jaw, and cracked ribs. – No kidding? Jeez.
……下巴断了,肋骨也折了。 真的吗? 是的。
Poor guy must have fell down.
那可怜的家伙一定是摔倒了。
Two blocks crosstown, six short blocks uptown and downtown.
两个街区,住♥宅♥区和市中心6个小街区。
I mean, that’s how far I’d be willing to walk to a market.
我的意思是,这就是我愿意走到超♥市♥的最长距离。
Ahem. Good. Very good, Miss Gemetti.
嗯哼,很好,非常好,吉麦迪小姐。
We have 12 families living within this area…
我们有12个家庭居住在这个区域里……
…who have suffered a death in the family in the past three months…
……这些家庭在过去的三个月里都有家里人被杀的情况……
…from mugging, stabbing, shooting, assault.
……有的是抢劫、刺伤、枪击、殴打。
Two of these families have no male members.
其中两个家庭没有男性成员。
One family has only an 80-year-old grandfather.
有一家只有80岁的祖父。
That leaves nine families.
这样还剩下9个家庭。
Total number of male persons in these families…
这些家底里男性的总人数……
…who are old enough to have served in the Vietnam War, Korea, or World War II…
……是指那些年龄足够大,能够在越南战争、朝鲜战争和二战服过役的……
…comes to 14.
……一共有14个人。
…but the fact is that The Vigilante plugged his first victim in Riverside Park…
……不过事实上,“义务警♥察♥”是在河滨公里堵住了他的第一个牺牲品……
…exactly two and one half blocks from that D’Agostino market.
……而那里正好离达弋斯蒂诺市场两个半街区。
Even if all these guys are clean, we still can’t ignore that coincidence.
即使那些人是清白的,我们也不能忽视这一巧合。
No, sir.
不,先生。
Our friend lives in that neighborhood.
我们的朋友就住那个社区。
But, Frank, he was on a subway with groceries five miles uptown.
但是,弗兰克,他在地铁里,在离住♥宅♥区5英里的地方买♥♥东西。
There’s no better come-on for a mugging than a guy with a bagful of groceries.
对于想有抢劫的人来说,没有比带着一堆杂货的目标更好的了。
Means he’s got some money in his pocket and his hands are occupied.
这就意味着他口袋里有钱,而且双手也没空。
He might have been carrying those groceries for hours.
他可能拿着这些东西好几个小时了。
I want a preliminary line on these names.
我想对这些名字做个初步调查。
Where they work, service record, reputation, police record, if any.
他们在哪上班,服务记录,声誉什么的,如果有的话,还有警局记录。
And I want it fast.
而且我想要快点。
You know, like today, huh?
你们知道,比如今天,嗯?
It’s probably having as much effect on the total crime picture…
这可能会对犯罪企图产生影响……
…as putting a Band-Aid on a leper.
……就像是给麻风病人贴创可贴一样。
Wait a minute, I don’t know about that, a mugger’s gonna think twice about who he hits.
等一下,我不明白,一个抢劫犯会对他的目标三思而后行。
Sure. They’re hitting more old ladies, that’s why.
当然,他们更多的去抢老太太,这就是原因。
Paul, how you doing? Let me get you a drink.
保罗,怎么样?我给你拿杯酒来。
Tell you one thing: The guy’s a racist.
跟你说一件事:那家伙是种族主义者。
You notice he kills more blacks than whites.
你注意倒他杀的黑人要比白人多。
Oh, for Pete’s sake, more blacks are muggers than whites.
噢,看在彼特的份上,是黑人抢劫犯比白人多。
What do you want us to do, increase the proportion of white muggers…
你想让我们怎么做,增加白人抢劫犯的比例……
…so we’ll have racial equality among muggers?
……那样我们就能在抢劫犯里实现种族平等了吗?
Racial equality among muggers? Ooh. I love it!
在抢劫时要种族平等?噢,我喜欢这个主意!
He hasn’t been the same since that terrible incident.
从那次可怕的整件之后,他就不一样了。
Who we got here? A guy named Paul… Kersey.
我们来这盯谁? 有个叫保罗……克瑞斯的家伙。
His wife was murdered in their apartment.
他妻子在自己公♥寓♥里被杀了。
Interesting detail: The attackers, three of them…
有意思的是:袭击者,他们有三个人……
…gained entrance to the apartment by posing as delivery boys…
……在公♥寓♥里假装是送货员……
…from our D’Agostino’s market, where The Vigilante buys his groceries.
……说是从达弋斯蒂诺市场送的,那里是“义务警♥察♥”买♥♥东西的地方。
What else about him?
对他还掌握什么情况?
He lives alone now.
他现在独居。
Development engineer for the Blue Ridge corporation.
是蓝岭公♥司♥的开♥发♥工程师。
Served in Korea, medical corps.
在朝鲜战争是服过役,是医疗团。
Conscientious objector.
因道义拒服兵役者。
No police record. Credits, reputation excellent.
没有不良记录。信用,声誉很好。
Conscientious objectors are unlikely vigilantes.
因道义拒服兵役的人不太可能是“义务警♥察♥”。
We got a finger? Yeah. Over there.
我们安排监视了吗? 是的,在那边。
Patrolman Joe Charles.
乔·查尔斯巡警。
Good.
很好。
Good morning, Mr. Kersey.
早上好,克瑞斯先生。
Joe Charles, Mr. Kersey.
我是乔·查尔斯,克瑞斯先生。
Oh, yes, of course.
噢,是的,我知道。
How do you do? Good to see you again.
你还好吗?很高兴再见到你。
How’s your daughter?
你的女儿怎么样了?
The same.
老样子。
Take care.
保重。
Follow him.
跟上他。
Yes, I’ll see to that, Mrs. Cohen.
好的,我会留意的,科恩太太。
Just a moment. You’re not residents here.
请稍等。你不是这里的居民。
Who do you wish to see? I’ll call up for you.
你想要去见哪位?我可以帮你呼叫。
No, you won’t.
不,不用了。
The district attorney will see you now.
现在地方检察官要见你。
Commissioner. Frank, you know the district attorney.
专员。 弗兰克,你认识一下地区检察官。
Mr. Peters. Inspector.
彼特先生。 警督先生。
The commissioner says you have a pretty good suspect.
专员说你有一个相当不错的嫌疑人。
Well, he fits the bill in some respects.
嗯,他在某些方面符合特征。
We got a blood sample from the knife…
我们从刀上取了血样……
…used on him in the subway and checked it against the sample…
……是在地铁上割伤人的,用来和样品对比……
…I found in his apartment.
……样品是我从他的公♥寓♥拿到的。
It narrows it down.
它缩小了范围。
But in the balance, he could be the man?
但还未能最终确定,他就是那个人?
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah, he could be.
是的,他可能是。
Frank…
弗兰克……
Suppose this Paul Kersey is The Vigilante.
假设这个保罗·克瑞斯就是那个“义务警♥察♥”。
All right. Let’s say that.
好吧,就假设是吧。
We don’t want him.
我们不希望是他。
Okay.
好的。
Inspector, on my desk, I have a statistic red-hot out of the computer.
警督,在我的桌子上,有一份刚从电脑里打出来的统计数据。
Mm-hm.
嗯哼。
Mugging has gone down by how much, sir?
街头抢劫案已经减少了许多,先生?
From 950 a week to 470 reported last week.
从一周950起下降到了上周的470起。
You understand not too many people know that.
你知道并没有太多人知道这一点。
And you wanna keep it that way, huh?
你想要维持这种状态,对吧?
Oh, no, we have to keep it that way, inspector.
噢,不,我们必须维持这种形势,警督。
This whole city would explode.
这整个城市都会翻天。
We’d have vigilantes out in the street killing anybody who even looked greasy.
我们街头有“义务警♥察♥”,他在任意杀死外表象罪犯的人。
You can see that. We want this man to quit, desist…
你可以看看报告。 我们想让这人住手,放弃……
…go away. To stop.
……离开。停手。
So the mugging rate can go up?
这样抢劫率会上升吗?
If I arrest him, wouldn’t that get him off the streets?
如果我逮捕他,难道不会让他离开街道了吗?
My God, man. I don’t want a martyr on my hands.
我的天,伙计。我不想在我手上出现烈士。
All right. All right.
好了,好了。
I just wanna hear you say it.
我就想听你说说。
I’ll try to scare him off…
我会试着把他吓跑……

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!