What do you mean?
你想说什么呢?
I mean, if we’re not pioneers, what have we become?
我是说,如果我们不是革命先驱者,那我们又变成了什么呢?
What do you call people…
你是怎么理解人♥民♥……
…who, when they’re faced with a condition of fear…
……他们,他们面对恐惧的时候……
…do nothing about it, they just run and hide?
……什么也不做,只会逃跑和躲藏吗?
Civilized?
教化?
No.
不。
Ladies and gentlemen…
女士们,先生们……
…we have to start this investigation somewhere…
……我们必须从某个地方开始调查……
…so let’s start here.
……所以,就从这里开始。
Motive:
目的:
Revenge.
复仇。
I want the records checked.
我想要检查记录。
Go back, say, uh…
往回找,大约,嗯……
Three months.
三个月的。
Limit it to homicide.
范围是过失杀人。
We could be looking for a man who’s had a member…
我们可以去找一个有家人……
…or members of his family killed by muggers.
……或者他的家人被混混们杀死的。
Now, he shoots that pistol pretty good.
现在,他的手♥枪♥用得非常好。
Right?
对不?
Okay.
好吧。
Combat veteran.
战斗经验丰富。
So put Vietnam vets at the top of the list…
所以把越战老兵放在名单前面……
…because they’re youngest and toughest.
……因为他们是最年轻,最坚强的。
Then you can work your way through Korea and World War II.
接下来是朝鲜战争和二战的老兵。
Oh, my God!
噢,我的天!
Who said that?
谁在说话?
Hmm?
嗯?
Well, whoever said it, you’re right on the button.
好吧,不管是谁说的,你都说对了。
By God and Jesus Christ, it’s impossible…
不管是老天还是上帝,这不可能……
…but until we find a shortcut…
……但是直到我们找到一条捷径……
…we’ll at least keep busy.
……我们至少得忙起来。
So when the media demands to know what we are doing to apprehend the vigilante…
所以,当媒体要求知道我们在做什么来捉捕“义务警♥察♥”时……
…we’ll tell them we have definite clues.
……我们会告诉他们我们有明确的线索。
Okay?
明白了吗?
We won’t tell them we have about a thousand definite clues.
我们不会告诉他们我们有成千上万的线索。
There’s a body in there! Two of them!
这里有死人,有两个死人!
Where’d he go? Did anybody see what he looked like?
他去哪里了? 有人看到他长的样子了吗?
We’re in Police Commissioner Dryer’s office…
我们正在警♥察♥局长德赖尔的办公室……
…waiting for a press conference scheduled by Commissioner Dryer.
……等待德赖尔专员安排的新闻发布会。
Last night, there was another double killing, which appears to be the work…
昨晚,又发生了一起双重谋杀,这显然说明了……
…of the person New York news media have dubbed “The Vigilante.”
……纽约新闻媒体称之为“义务警♥察♥”的人还在……
This will be the first official statement…
这个将是会第一个声明……
…from Commissioner Dryer on the Vigilante killings.
……来自德赖尔专员对“义务警♥察♥”杀手……
I can see the commissioner now as he walks past…
现在,我能看到专员正在走到……
Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. With me is Inspector Frank Ochoa…
早上好,女士们,先生们。我边上这位是弗兰克·奥乔亚警督……
…who has been placed in command of a police detail…
……他被任命为警方总指挥……
…assigned to what we’ve all been calling the Vigilante murders.
……负责处理我们所说的“义务警♥察♥”谋杀案。
Now, it has been confirmed by our ballistics laboratory…
现在,我们的弹道实验室已经证实了……
…that the same gun, a.32 pistol…
……是同一把枪,.32手♥枪♥……
…which was used in the previous three homicides…
在之前的三起谋杀案中使用过。
…was used last night in a shooting aboard a subway train.
……也在昨晚的地铁枪击案中使用过。
Now, I know that this person has captured the imagination…
现在,我知道这个人已经成功吸引了……
…of many people in our city…
……我们城市的大多数人的注意力……
…and I wanna say to our citizens:
……我想对市民们说:
Murder is no answer to crime in this city.
在这个城市人,谋杀不是对抗犯罪的手段。
Crime is a police responsibility…
打击罪犯是警♥察♥的责任……
…and if this person is listening to my voice…
……如果这个人听到我说的话……
…I urge him in the name of law and order…
……我以法律和秩序的名义敦促他……
…to desist from this one-man crusade and turn himself in to the police.
……停止个人的圣♥战♥,向警♥察♥自首。
He’ll be given fair treatment.
他会得到公正的对待。
How do you like it? That’s our police commissioner…
你觉得怎么样?那个是我们的警♥察♥局长……
…that’s Ryder, the king of clichés.
……那是瑞德,克里奇的国王。
vigilante’s identification? No comment at this time.
“义务警♥察♥”的身份是什么? 目前无可奉告。
Do you think this man’s crazy?
你觉得这个人疯了吗?
Well, he’s got a wire down, all right…
嗯,他怒火中烧,好吧……
…but I don’t believe we’re dealing with a raving maniac.
……不过我不相信我们是在和一个疯狂的疯子在打交道。
Commissioner, it’s rumored that the rate of street muggings has dropped…
局长先生,有传言说街头抢劫的犯罪率已经下降了……
…since The Vigilante became headline news. Is that true?
……自从“义务警♥察♥”成为新闻头条以后。是真的吗?
Not true.
不对。
If it were true, would you announce it, sir?
如果是真的,你会宣布吗,先生?
Or are you afraid that would stimulate imitators of The Vigilante?
是不是你担心会刺♥激♥人们去模仿“义务警♥察♥”的行为?
I don’t wanna get into these hypothetical questions.
我不想去讨论这些假设的问题。
Mm. I bet muggings are down, they’re afraid to tell us.
嗯,我打赌街头抢夺已经下降了,他们不敢跟我们说。
There’s only one way to find out: Take a walk on Columbus Avenue tonight.
只有一种方法可以证明:就是今晚去哥伦布大道散步。
Thanks a lot, Paul, I think I’ll wait for the official report.
非常感谢,保罗。我觉得我还是等警方的正式报告吧。
Successful, regardless of the…
成功,不管是……
Yes?
喂?
Ah. You wanna confess to the Vigilante killings?
啊。你想承认你是义务警♥察♥杀手?
All right.
好吧。
I’ll put you through to Rosenberg.
我把你转给罗森博格。
He’s in charge of confessions today.
今天他负责招供。
That’s the 23rd.
这是第23个了。
Put him through.
放他进来。
We couldn’t get any prints off The Vigilante’s groceries.
我们没有从这个“义务警♥察♥”的日用品中找到指纹。
Wasn’t there a sales slip? Yeah. Here.
那是销♥售♥清单吗? 是的,给。
D’Agostino’s.
达戈斯蒂诺。
Mm-hm.
嗯哼。
Some of this code must identify the particular store.
这个代码中的一部分一定是用来识别特定的商店的。
Find out where it is.
找到这个商店在哪里。
When we get the records…
在我们查找记录时……
…check on families that have had somebody killed by muggers.
……检查那些被混混们杀害的家庭。
Let’s put them through the computer and see if any of them live near this store.
把他们放到电脑里,看看中间有没有在这个店附近的。
People are inclined to buy groceries in their own neighborhoods.
人们一般在自己社区附近的商店买♥♥日用品。
Hi, Jack. Come on. Come on in. Dad.
嘿,杰克。进来,进来。 爸爸。
Make yourself a drink.
自己去喝一杯。
Hey, what do you think?
嘿,你觉得怎么样?
The new paint?
新刷的油漆。
Well, it’s a little hard on the eyes, but… Hard on the eyes? It’s cheerful.
嗯,就是有点晃眼,不过…… 晃眼?这可是快乐的颜色。
Hey, Jack. Turn it back up. I can’t hear.
嘿,杰克。开大一点。我听不见了。
We got liver and spaghetti for dinner.
我们晚餐吃肝和意大利面。
How do you like your liver done?
你的肝最近怎么样?
Uh… Hey, no drink?
啊…… 嘿,没喝一杯?
Let me make you one.
我给你倒一杯。
No. Dad… Listen, that’s all right. I’ll get it myself.
不,爸爸……不用了,我自己来。
I, uh…
我,呃……
I saw Carol today.
我今天去看卡罗尔了。
Aren’t you gonna ask how she’s doing? I know how she’s doing.
你不想问问她怎么样了吗? 我知道她的情况。
I went up to see her yesterday.
昨天我刚去看过她。
Then what the hell are you so high about?
那你到底为什么这么兴奋?
What the hell you want me to do, moan and groan for the rest of my life?
你到底想让我怎么样?在余生中痛哭流涕吗?
How do you want your liver, medium?
你想要什么样的肝,半熟的?
Medium. I’ll make it medium.
半熟。我做半熟的。
Hey, there goes the pussy posse. Hahaha!
嘿,刚过去了一群警♥察♥混♥蛋♥。哈,哈,哈!
Hey, mister, got a match?
嘿,先生,借个火?
Yeah.
好的。
What else you got?
你拿的是什么?
Let’s see the money, man.
把钱拿出来,伙计。
You’ll have to take it. Shit.
你已经拿走了。 混♥蛋♥。
He went that way.
他从那边走了。
Who rode the ambulance with him?
是谁跟他一起上的救护车?
I did.
是我。
Well?
恩?
Was he talking? He said he cut whoever it was that shot him.
他说什么了吗? 他说他要把向他开枪的人砍死。
Exact words: “I cut that motherfucker. I hit him.”
原话是:“我砍了那个混♥蛋♥。我打了他。”
Can’t save him. Too much internal bleeding.
没有救回他。内出血太多了。
One slug chewed up the liver.
一个子弹打破了肝脏。
Here.
这个。
.32’s.
.32的。
City tonight, the mysterious Vigilante is in the news again.
都市夜新闻,神秘的“义务警♥察♥”又出现在新闻里了。