我今晚陪着她,她们发作起来可没谱啊
I’ll stay with her tonight.
You never know how they’re going to react.
– 鲍尔斯小姐,她不要紧吧? – 是啊
– Miss Bowers, is she quiet? – Yes.
是啊,我…我给她打了吗♥啡♥,我守着她
Yes, I’ve given her some morphia. I won’t leave her.
嗯,好,小姐,你跟我来
Ah, good. Young lady, you come with me, ja?
你比这个徒有其表的人有点用
You’ll be more use than this Stutzer here,
他一见到血心里就发慌
who’s afraid at the sight of a little blood.
开开门
Open the door. Ja.
哎,好,啊,慢点走,慢点走,慢点走,哎,好了好了好了
Easy, alright, alright. That’s it.
哎,就这样,哎,来,啊,到了,到了,哎,慢点儿,来,来…好…
Almost… Here we are. Ja.
好了
Ja.
好了,你给他头上捂块湿毛巾,啊
Alright. Could you get
a cool towel for the head, ja?
是,大夫
Yes, doctor.
– 好 – 我去把那枪捡回来
– Ja. – I’d better go and pick up that gun.
那东西留在那儿不太好,是吧?
It’s not the sort of thing
we want to leave lying around, is it?
– 嗯,是啊 – 是啊
– Ja. – Yes.
杰基,她,她得有人陪着
Jackie. She mustn’t be left alone.
有人陪着她
She isn’t. Don’t worry.
哦,天哪,这都是我的错,我待她太不好了
Oh, God. It’s all been my fault.
I treated her so badly.
她不是有心的,她喝醉了
She didn’t know what she was doing.
She was drunk.
嗯,这下可要疼了
Now, this is going to hurt.
你看,是不是需要告诉你妻子?
Are you sure someone shouldn’t tell your wife?
好,你去吧
Yes. Yes, please.
哦,不,不不,让她睡,今晚上不打搅她
No. Ho, no, let her sleep.
Nothing to worry her till morning.
只好先把伤口包起来
The best I can do is patch it up.
子弹没打穿,钻在里面很深很深
There is no exit wound.
The bullet is lodged deep in there.
到了瓦迪.哈勒法(苏丹北部城镇)再想办法
Ja, it will have to wait
until we get to Wadi Halfa.
把袖子卷起来
Roll up the sleeve.
用这个擦擦
And swab it with this, eh?
对,我给你做副夹板
Ja. I will have some splints made.
等你睡着了,我给你夹上,啊
And then I will set them
when you are asleep, eh?
– 谢谢,大夫 – 好,尽管放心好了
– Thank you, doctor. – Ja. Now, don’t you worry.
一切都会好起来的
Everything’s going to be alright.
没有了
It’s not there.
– (德文)什么? – 那枪,没有了
– Was? – The gun. It’s not there.
谁会把它拿走?
But who could have taken it?
谁知道,但愿这无关紧要
Search me. I only hope it’s not important.
“有时候我真想把这枪对准她的脑袋
“Sometimes I want to
put this little gun up to her head,
然后只要轻轻地一扣”
and very gently pull the trigger.”
– 什么? – 哦,没什么
– Was? – Oh, nothing.
我刚见到管事了,他把这个事情托给我了
I’ve just seen the Manager.
He’s put the matter in my hands,
到达瓦迪.哈勒法之前,由我们两个负责
so it’ll be our responsibility
until we reach Wadi Haifa.
那我就听你的吩咐了
Well, I am at your disposal, of course.
大夫,谈谈情况吧
So, doctor, what can you tell us about this?
是被很小的子弹打中的
She was shot with a very small bullet.
口径大概是22,而且枪口离脑袋很近
(0.22*25.4=5.588mm,用吋表示)
A .22 calibre, I think. And the gun
was held very close to the head.
你看这都…versengen(德文:烧焦)
Here you can see all the versengen.
见鬼,你不能说英语吗?
Damn it, man, can’t you speak English?
– 哦,你是说…烧焦了? – 对,对,烧焦了
– Oh, you mean the scorching.
– Ja, ja, the scorching.
嗯,对不起
Excuse me.
在这儿…(法语)
Tiens, tiens, tiens…
– 你看这是什么意思? – 嗯?
– What do you make of that? – Huh?
啊哈,这个意思很简单,这是多尔太太临死前
Oh, I think it’s… I think it’s easy.
You see, Madame Doyle was dying.
她想对我们指明谁是凶手
She wished to identify the murderer to us,
所以就用手指蘸上血
and therefore she dipped her finger
in her own blood.
在墙上写了J,杰基(Jackie)
She wrote “J” on the wall. “Jacqueline”!
噢,你尽说些蠢话,她当时就断了气
Oh, what you say is dumb.
The lady dies instantly!
– 真的? – 是啊
– Really? – Ja.
根本不可能用手蘸血写字
There is no time for writing
with the finger in blood.
– 对,对… – 你是在开玩笑?
– No, no. – Oh, you make a joke?
是的,小小的玩笑,不过有点不合时宜
Well, it’s a very small one.
Not in very good taste, I’m afraid.
可墙上写的J这一事实,现在得由我们来解释了
The fact remains the “J” is on the wall.
Now it’s up to us to explain why.
看起来这种做法显得特别的幼稚
It seems a gesture
which is childishly melodramatic.
– 大夫,人什么时候死的? – 哦
– Doctor, what about the time of death?
– Well…
她死了至少有6小时,不超过8小时
She has been dead at least six hours,
no longer than eight.
就是说午夜到凌晨2点
That puts it between midnight and 2:00 am.
– 这就太奇怪了 – 怎么呢?
– Which is extraordinary. – Why is that?
因为这很清楚,那位杰基小姐
Because it means quite simply
that Mademoiselle Jacqueline
不可能做这件事了
could not have done it.
你自己说的,我的上校
You told me yourself, mon Colonel,
多尔太太在11点45分前离开了休息室
that Madame Doyle left the observation
saloon a little before 11:45,
睡觉去了
to go to bed.
从那以后,杰基不是跟
And from then on, Jackie was in view
罗莎莉小姐和多尔先生在一起
either of Mademoiselle Rosalie and Monsieur Doyle
就是跟弗格森先生和鲍尔斯小姐在一起
or Monsieur Ferguson and Mademoiselle Bowers,
鲍尔斯给她注射吗♥啡♥,还在她客舱陪了她整整一晚上
who injected her with morphia and
stayed with her in her cabin all night.
那么赛蒙.多尔也该排除在外,因为他的腿伤了
And Simon Doyle is also eliminated
by reason of his broken leg.
他带着伤我看走不了几步
I don’t suppose he could walk very far?
我看一步也挪不了
Not one step, I assure you.
好极了,希望排除嫌疑能够顺利地进行
Excellent! Let’s hope the process
of elimination continues as smoothly.
恐怕不会顺利,我的上校
I am afraid it will not, mon Colonel.
几乎船上每个人都很清楚
Everyone on this boat knew
杰基小姐为什么恨多尔太太
exactly why Mademoiselle Jacqueline
hated Madame Doyle.
所以她就成了美国人常说的诬陷的对象
She was a natural for
what the Americans would call a “frame-up”.
至少先生,你总不能怀疑我吧?
At least, Mein Herr, you cannot suspect me!
噢,怎么不能?
Oh, why not?
你有充分理由杀她,根据我昨晚的发现
You had a very good reason to kill her,
as I discovered last night.
哦,是给你偷听了
Oh. Then you did overhear!
那可不是动机,我是说可以告她
But that was no motive.
I mean, I could have sued her.
– 那你就毁了,暗♥杀♥比较好办 – 更安全,只要不被抓住
– And risk ruin? Murder is cheaper.
– And safer, if you don’t get caught.
可,可是我不会做出这种事
But I could not have done such a thing.
这很难说
I disagree.
开枪打多尔先生的时候
At the time of the shooting of Monsieur Doyle,
你可能在甲板上,也许是睡不着觉
you could have been on deck,
perhaps unable to sleep.
你可能听到吵闹的声音
You could have heard the sound of voices…
从休息室的窗口往里看,你看到了一切
…looked through the window
of the saloon, seen what happened…
– 睡觉去 – 不许你这样对待我
– Go to bed!
– You can’t treat me like this!
听着,杰基
Now look, Jackie!
我先打死你
I’ll kill you first!
杰基
Jackie!
你记住了枪掉在什么地方
…and remembered the position of the gun.
后来你被他们请了来
Later, when you were called from your cabin,
就在你护理多尔先生的时候,你可能捡起枪
you could have picked up the gun
while you were tending Monsieur Doyle.
这以后,当夜深人静
Later still, when all was quiet,
你趁着病人睡着的时候,溜出了你的客舱
you could have left your cabin,
unobserved by your sleeping patient,
到多尔太太那儿把她杀了
and gone to Madame Doyle’s cabin and shot her.
不,大夫先生,我不能排除你
No, Herr Doctor, I cannot rule you out.
你的那些假设(德语)言过其实
What you are suggesting is ubermassig…
不能容忍♥,是啊,是啊
Outrageous! Ja!
我不能在这儿受…受人侮辱
No, I will not stay here to be insulted.
指甲油里有什么?
Found something in the nail varnish?
(法文)用醋是诱捕不到苍蝇的(破案得另想办法)

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!