– 会跳探戈吗,上校? – 怕跳不好,太太
– Do you tango, Colonel?
– Poorly, I’m afraid, Mrs Otterbourne.
那让我来教你
Then I shall teach you to do it correctly,
就像从前西班牙人跳的,当时叫做奇卡
as it was done in old Spain,
when it was known as the “cheeker”,
就是说,带点性感的色彩
that is to say, with a sensuous, erotic dash.
见鬼,杰基,干吗老跟着我们?
Damn it, Jackie! Can’t you leave us alone?
喂
Waiter.
波洛先生,波洛先生
Monsieur Poirot! Monsieur Poirot!
我看见林内特找你了
I saw you with Linnet this morning.
她给你多少钱让你赶我走?
How much is she paying you
to warn me off?
不,我没有接受多尔太太的委托
No, no. I accepted no commission
from Madame Doyle, nor will I.
是作为真诚的朋友跟你谈谈
What I have to say to you
is in pure friendship.
还有什么?你想说什么呢?
Oh, yes? And what would you like to say?
说我这样是在当众出丑,说我疯了?
That I’m making a public show of myself?
That I’m crazy?
我说死了心吧
I say bury the dead.
不要像埃及人那样
Not as the Egyptians do,
为了使灵魂永远不死而把尸体保存起来
preserving the body in order to
ensure the immortality of the soul.
不,永远死了这条心,不要往后看
No. Properly, finally.
Turn your back on the past.
要向前看,记住,时间能够医治一切
Look only forward.
Remember, time heals everything.
你以为我在受苦?你错了
If you think I’m suffering,
you’re quite wrong.
相反我觉得很有乐趣
Actually, I’m rather enjoying myself.
对,最糟糕的,正是你觉得很有乐趣,小姐
Yes. Your pleasure is the very
worst part of it, mademoiselle.
我不在乎,赛蒙是我的,而且爱过我
I don’t care. Simon was mine and he loved me.
林内特一来…
Then she came along and…
这东西很小
It’s only a tiny thing…
却能致命
…but it’s lethal.
我爸爸把我教成神枪手
And my father taught me
to be a crack shot.
有时候,我真想把这枪对准她的脑袋
Sometimes, I swear I’ll put this gun
right against her head,
然后只要轻轻地一扣
and then ever so gently pull the trigger.
我越来越想听那枪声
When I hear that sound more and more…
我了解你的心情,有时候我们也会有的
I know how you feel.
We all feel like that at times.
我只是想警告你
Only, I warn you, mademoiselle…
别让邪恶钻进你的心,它会留在那儿作怪
Do not allow evil into your heart,
it will make a home there.
心里要没爱情,邪恶当然降临
If love can’t live there,
evil will do just as well.
啊,这可太…太不好了,小姐
Oh. How… How sad, mademoiselle.
你好,波先生
Hello, Mr P!
– 你回旅馆吗? – 那还能去哪儿?
– You’re going back to the hotel? – Where else?
你瞧,把这个送林内特她会喜欢吗?
Well look, it’s a surprise for Linnet.
Do you think she’ll like it?
– 那要看,她抽烟吗? – 她只抽香烟(黑猫牌)
– That depends. Does she smoke?
– Just Craven “A”.
对了,你跟杰基谈过了吗?
By the way… Have you had a chance
to talk to Jackie yet?
谈了,就在刚才谈的
Yes, just a few moments ago.
好,但愿她能明白点
Well, good. I hope you
got her to see some sense.
天哪,她能明白的,就是永恒的复仇
Alas, to her, sense is perpetual revenge.
– 你开玩笑? – 从不开玩笑
– Are you serious? – I’m always serious, mon ami.
可杰基这个人很固执,想要就要
Jackie’s stubborn, I know, and damn possessive.
– 不过呢… – 她也想要过你?
– But surely… – Did she want to possess you?
大概是吧,对,要过
Well, I suppose so. Yes, she did.
可她脾气可坏呢,主意又大
But she has a hell of a temper
and a mind of her own.
都得由她做主
She wishes to wear the trousers.
对,男人可受不了这个,是不是?
Yes. And a man can’t have that, can he, Mr P?
对对,是受不了
No, no, ne peut pas.
我第一次遇见林内特,怎么说呢?
You know, when I first met Linnet…
Well, how should I put it?
就像早晨的太阳,盖过了月亮一样
It was like the moon after sunrise.
You just don’t notice it’s there any more.
认识了她,杰基就不存在了
After I met her, Jackie just didn’t exist.
对,有些女人是有这种力量
Yes. Some women have that power.
可你怎么摆脱你目前的困境?
But how are you going to find a way out
of your present dilemma?
我有个绝妙的办法,而且十拿九稳
Well, I have the most marvellous plan
and it’s absolutely foolproof.
车夫
Cabby!
到火车站,快点,怕赶不上去亚历山大的火车了
The railway station, quickly.
We’re late for the Alexandria train.
快去火车站
The railway station!
越快越好
Fast as you can.
(阿♥拉♥伯语)快点…快点
Haraka…haraka
谢谢
Thank you.
就这条船
Look. There she is.
欢迎,欢迎,欢迎,欢迎你们光临”卡纳克号♥”
Welcome, welcome, welcome.
Welcome aboard the Karnak. Yes.
嗯,我的名字叫乔德里
My name is Mr Choudry.
是这艘船上的管事
I am the manager of this boat
我唯一的愿望,就是使你们旅游愉快
and your delight and happiness
is my sole concern and pleasure.
是这样
Quite rightly.
嗯,我这里,我这里有…
I have here… I have here…
对,我这里有一份名单,和…和客舱号♥码
Yes, I have here a list of names and,
er… and, er… staterooms.
我来猜一猜你们谁是谁,好吗?
I guess from your faces which is which, OK?
奥特伯恩太太,奥特伯恩小姐
Er… You are Mrs and Miss Otterbourne.
– 对吧? – 错了
– Righty? – Wrongy
(管事的英语发音不准,受到范.斯凯勒太太的回敬)
范.斯凯勒太太
I’m Mrs Van Schuyler
希望你马上送我去我的客舱
and I wish to be taken to my cabin immediately.
鲍尔斯住在右舷,我对门的客舱
Bowers will have the cabin opposite,
on the starboard side.
我想午后炎热的阳光
The roasting afternoon sun may do wonders
可能会有益于她黄疸病一样的脸色
for those jaundiced jowls of hers.
就去,太太,就去
Right away, Madam. Right away.
对,你准是贝斯纳大夫,一嘴漂亮的德国式小胡子
Yes. You must be Dr Bessner.
Such elegant German moustaches.
我看你永远当不了侦探,先生
I’m afraid you’d never make a detective, Monsieur.
我们比利时人也会有一嘴漂亮的小胡子
The moustaches, although
undeniably elegant, are Belgian.
我名叫波洛,赫克尔.波洛
My name is Poirot, Hercule Poirot.
啊,著名的波洛先生
Ah, the famous Monsieur Poirot?
我未免太失敬了,失敬了
I grovel in mortification. I grovel.
我说,这样是不是更简单,我们告诉你姓名
Look, wouldn’t it just be simpler
for us to give you our names
你把我们订的客舱说一下
and you to give us the cabins that we booked?
简单?啊,那好啊,那当然简单啦,当然啦
Simpler? Ah, lummy! Yes.
Unquestionably simpler. Unquestionably.
这样一来,最简单不过啦
Such a brilliant lack of complication.
一会儿,萨弗雷就会领你们到各自的客舱去
In a trice, the safragi will
conduct you all to your stateroom.
萨弗雷,萨弗…(萨弗雷:阿♥拉♥伯文,侍者)
Safragi! Saf…
啊,开船了
Ah, we start.
我建议你们最后看一眼这座城市
May I suggest that you all
take your last look at the city?
萨弗…萨弗雷
Safra… Safragi!
这下可好了,到底把她给甩掉了
Well, we’ve done it.
We got rid of her, at last.
那还用说吗?你是天才
What did you expect? You’re a genius.
赛蒙干得还不错吧?
Well, it’s not bad for the Simple Simon.
像童话一样
Fabulous, isn’t it?
你是里奇韦家姑娘吧?
You’re the Ridgeway girl, aren’t you?
你是范.斯凯勒太太,我还当你不会先打招呼呢
And you’re Mrs Van Schuyler.
I wondered if we’d ever break the ice.
我不大跟陌生人打招呼,跟新婚的陌生人从不打招呼
Well, I seldom talk to strangers,
but never to strange honeymooners.
– 这次打破常规了 – 常规么,就是为了打破
– I’m glad you’re breaking your rule.
– Well, rules are made to be broken.
至少,我的规矩我来破
At least, mine are by me.
– 哦,项链真美 – 谢谢
– Oh, they’re beautiful. – Thank you.
令人惊奇,知道怎么变的吗?
And amazing, if you know how they’re made.
一粒小小的沙子钻进了一个蚌壳里
A tiny piece of grit
makes its way into an oyster
到后来就变成了一颗宝贵的珍珠
which eventually becomes
a pearl of great price
戴在你这样一位美人的脖子上
hanging round the neck
of a pretty girl like you.