当然听见了,我睡觉一向很惊醒
I certainly did. I am a very light sleeper.
昨天夜里,砰的一声把我惊醒了
I was awakened by a popping sound.
砰的一声?
A Popping sound?
一点不错,就像是开香槟酒发出的声音
Exactly. Just like a champagne cork
coming out of a bottle.
不过是一种一般的香槟酒
An indifferent champagne, you understand?
不是什么陈酒,发出的声音听起来比较闷
Not a great vintage.
That makes a much more discreet sound.
会不会是小手♥枪♥的声音,不是开香槟?
Could it have been a small pistol
instead of an old champagne cork?
很可能
Very possibly.
尽管你们也知道
Though I’m sure you must appreciate
我对打枪什么的那种声音很不熟悉
that I have a minimal familiarity with firearms.
找到了,找到了
We have found it! We have found it!
Oh, goody, goody!
好…太妙了
Oh. goody, goody gumdrops!
这真是福星高照啊,哦,对了,没错,先生们
This certainly takes the camel’s hump.
Oh, yes! And no mistake! Gentlemen!
看,先生们,先生们,这准是你们要找的东西啊
Gentlemen, I’m sure we have found
what you’re looking for.
– 谢谢,乔德里先生 – 别客气
– Thank you, Mr Choudry. – No mention.
啊,毫无疑问,这是杰基小姐的手♥枪♥
Ah, without question,
the pistol of Mademoiselle Jackie.
新式的22袖珍手♥枪♥,四发的
(大口径短筒,源自美军械工亨利.迪林格)
New Derringer .22, four shot.
打了两发
Two bullets fired.
男用手绢,还有血
A man’s handkerchief. Looks like blood.
用大理石烟灰缸好沉到河底
And a marble ashtray to send it to the bottom.
– 还有我的披肩 – 这是你的吗?
– And my stole. – This is yours, madam?
当然,我昨晚上在休息室丢的
Well, of course it’s mine.
I missed it last night in the saloon.
瞧,这准是凶手用它裹着手♥枪♥,好让枪声闷一点
The murderer wrapped it around the pistol
to deaden the noise of the shots.
真不像话,这披肩是我在罗马尼亚
Impertinence! That stole
was given to me in Romania
卡罗尔王储亲自送给我的
by Crown Prince Carol himself.
有些人就是不尊重别人的东西
People are no respecters
of other people’s property.
也不尊重别人的珠宝
Nor indeed of other people’s jewellery.
请问你指的是什么呢,先生?
What can you be referring to, monsieur?
我指的是波茨坦珍珠项链
I’m referring to the Potsdam pearls, madame!
原来是多尔太太的,可是被人夺去了
Which belong to Madame Doyle
and which have been abducted!
– 夺去了? – (法文)失踪了,被窃了
– Abducted? – Dérobé. Purloined.
偷走了
Pinched.
你干吗用这种常见的欧洲式的眼光看着我?
And why are you looking at me
in that too familiar continental way?
项链跟我有什么关系?
What have these pearls to do with me?
我是个可恨的爱偷听的人,太太
Ah, I am the nasty little eavesdropper, madame.
我听说你很羡慕那些珠宝
I heard that you much admire these pearls.
而且,要豁出老命来把它弄到手
That you would give “every tooth
in your head to possess them”.
这该死的鲍尔斯
That bloody Bowers!
据我看你对珠宝简直是着了迷了,太太
It is my theory that you have
an obsessive love of jewellery, madame,
对多尔太太的项链垂涎三尺
that you coveted Madame Doyle’s pearls
而且你下决心想弄到手,甚至不惜盗窃或者谋杀
and that you determined to possess them,
even if this meant robbery or murder.
你不否认吧,太太?
You do not deny it, madame?
我能想象出你昨天晚上在甲板上
I can picture you walking the deck last night,
等候多尔太太睡觉时的情景
waiting for Madame Doyle to be asleep.
睡觉去
Go to bed!
碰巧你看见休息室里有人开枪
Quite by chance,
you see the shooting in the saloon.
– 杰基 – 我先打死你
– Jackie! – I’ll kill you first!
杰基
Jackie!
等舱里没人的时候,你抓住机会拿走那把枪
When the room is empty, you seize
the opportunity of taking the gun.
到多尔太太的舱里,你知道她丈夫不会在那儿
You go to Madame Doyle’s cabin,
knowing that her husband will not be there.
你打死她,然后从她床边的桌子上拿走项链
You shoot her and then you take
the pearls from her bedside table.
把话收回去
You will withdraw that!
否则我就拼着命来控告你对我恶意中伤
Or I shall prosecute you
for slander with the utmost vigour!
我要更加拼命地在船上搜查那串项链
It will not equal the vigour
with which I shall search this boat,
特别是在你住的那间客舱里,太太
and in particular, your cabin, madame,
for those pearls.
祝你下午愉快
I give you a good afternoon.
– 你这个臭不可闻的法国小人 – 比利时小人,太太
– You perfectly foul French upstart!
– Belgian upstart, please, madame.
对这位老太太非得这么粗暴吗?
Was it necessary to be so rough on the old lady?
你好像对谁都怀疑一番
You seem to be accusing everybody.
都有道理的,上校,老太太就不会杀人了?
With reason, mon Colonel. What makes you
think old ladies don’t commit murder?
项链肯定在她手里
I am convinced she has the pearls.
问题是她是不是为珠宝而杀了人
The only question is, did she kill to acquire them?
– 乔德里先生 – (阿♥拉♥伯文)祝你顺利
– Monsieur Choudry! – Marhaba!
– 什么事? – 我们马上启航吧
– Yes, Colonel? – We will depart immediately.
我已经下命令了
I’ve already given the orders.
这会儿,轮机员正在那里点火生汽呢
At this very moment,
the engineer is building up steam.
干吗这么急呀?
Why the sudden rush?
跟你说,我的朋友,我感到有不祥之兆
I tell you, mon Dieu, I feel
the presence of evil all about me.
越早赶到瓦迪.哈勒法越好
The sooner we reach Wadi Halfa, the better.
我把这些东西收好
I’ll lock these up in a safe place.
好吧,我们开始搜查那串项链吧
Then we must commence our search for the pearls.
这是水手住的最后一间了,也许项链扔河里了
That’s the last of the crew’s cabins.
Maybe she threw them overboard.
别忘了彭宁顿的客舱我们还没有检查过呢
You forget that we have not yet
examined Pennington’s cabin.
真的,这就查
That’s right. Let’s do it now.
哦嚯,哈哈哈…船又继续航行了
Ahoy there! So our journey is continuing.
你好,太太
Good afternoon, Madame.
跟我一块来喝点什么
Will you not join me for a little refreshment?
这小伙子不错
This marvellous little man here
他用本地的果子汁
has just made me
the most extraordinary concoction
给我调制了别具风味的混合酒
out of native fruit juices.
叫金色的塞贝克
It’s called a Golden Sebek,
这是以古城鳄鱼之神的名字命名的
and is named after the god of
the ancient city of Crocodilopolis.
我不喝,多谢你了
Not for me, thank you very much.
我什么东西都尝过了(有时候我尝尝狗毛)
可就是不尝鳄鱼的鳞
Sometimes I do take the hair of the dog,
but never the scale of the crocodile.
雷斯…
Race!
对那件惨案你们
And how are you getting along
with your investigation
现在进行得怎么样了,波里奇先生?
of this tragic affair, Monsieur Porridge?
一切正常,像常说的那样
Oh, normalement, madame.
Normally, as they say.
哦,这种情杀,原始的杀人本能
Oh, the crime passionnelle,
the primitive instinct to kill,
和性的本能密切关联
so closely allied to the sex instinct.
我非常同情那位半疯的杰基
I have every sympathy
for that poor, half-crazed Jackie.
她那激动的感情,沸腾的拉丁血液
Her emotions are a turmoil,
her hot Latin blood raging
使她向夺走她爱人的人复仇
to be avenged on the woman who stole her man.
嗯,对,是这样,不过…也完全有可能
Yes, of course,
but it could have been someone else,
是另有动机的别的什么人
with a motive at least as good.
– 哦,谁? – 你,奥特伯恩太太
– Oh, who? – You, Madame Otterbourne.
– 你在说些什么呀? – 是啊
– What are you talking about? – Oh, come, come.
你和你女儿都明白,对死者不存在诽谤
Both your daughter and you know
you cannot libel the dead.
现在你用不着去赔偿对方提出的名誉损失了
Now you will never have to pay
those huge damages she was asking for.
– 对,可谁会为这事杀人呢? – 怎么不会
– But one would hardly kill for that.
– Would one not?
– 啊? – 再来一杯那个金什么的
– Well? – Another Golden What-Have-You.
我说,奥特伯恩太太
You know, Mrs Otterbourne…
正是你,透过窗口看见了休息室里的一切
It is you that I can see looking
into the saloon through the windows
正如你所说的
at that, as you put it,
半疯可怜的杰基向多尔开了枪
poor, half-crazed Jacqueline shooting Monsieur Doyle.
后来,等人都走光了,你跑进去捡了枪
And then, when everyone has gone,
running in to take up the gun,
然后,偷偷地去杀了多尔太太
and then stealing forth to kill Madame Doyle.
不,我的世界充满了崇高的爱情

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!