我不可能变出钱来啊
Well, I can’t draw money out of thin air, Daniel.
该死的上帝
Jesus, fucking Christ!
丹尼尔 准备的怎么样了?
Daniel. How’s everything going?
差不多了 戴维斯神父
Fine, thanks revenant Davis.
等人都到齐了 我们就可以开始
We’re just waiting for everyone to arrive and then we can start.

Great, thank you.
这是我哥哥罗伯特
Have you met my brother Robert?
哦 大名鼎鼎的作家 很高兴认识你
The writer of course. It’s a pleasure to meet you.
我读过你的小说
I have read several of your novels.
是吗?
Really?
你肯定为你的哥哥感到骄傲吧
You must be very proud of your brother.
是的
Yeah, very proud.
你来读今天的悼词吗?
Will you be reading the eulogy today?
不 丹尼尔来
No, Daniel is going to do it.

Great.
我去看看我的东西有没有好
I’ll just make sure I have everything I need.
听着 我觉得你来致悼词比较好
Listen, I think you should do the eulogy.
大家都希望你来 我只会弄得一团糟
…everyone’s expecting you to do it, I’ll just make a mess of it anyways.
别开玩笑了 你来
Don’t be silly. You do it.
会做得很好的
You’ll be fine.
这些可以端上去了
All these can go through now.
我的小妹妹还好吧
How’s my little sister?
太伤心了
That’s very sad.
他是个好丈夫
He was a wonderful husband wasn’t he?
温柔而又专一
So tender, so devoted.
要喝茶吗 桑德拉?
Can I get you a cop of tea, Sandra?
茶有很多好处 简
Tea can do many things, Jane.
不能起死回生
But it can’t bring back the dead.
“我的父亲是个杰出的人…”
“My father was an exceptional man”…
“我的父亲是个杰出的人…”
“My father was an exceptional man”…
丹尼尔 定金的事弄好了吗
Daniel, have you called yet about the deposit?
还没
No, I haven’t.
你把号♥码给我 我来做好了
Why don’t you give me the number and I can do it?
简 别打岔
Jane, don’t make a fuss
看到站在桌子边的那个人了吗
Do you see that guy standing by the table?
你认识吗
Do you recognise him at all?
他似乎在盯着我看
He’s really staring at me.
你到底有没有在听我说话
Are you listening to me at all?
我们要尽快把定金的事情弄好
We have to put the deposit on the flat, before it’s too late.
我知道
I know.
好吗?
Alright?
你会把它弄坏的!
You’ll break it!
快点 我们要迟到了
Hurry up, we’re late.

Oh God…
“我父亲是个杰出的人…”
“My father was an exceptional man”…
“我父亲是个杰出的人…”
…”My father was an exceptional man”…
凯特 已经长大了不是吗?
Kate has grown up a bit isn’t she?
什么?
What?
凯特
Katey.
我离开的时候她还只是个小女孩 而现在…
She was a little girl when I left and now…
她已经成熟了
…she’s fit.
我过去和她聊会
I’m going to chat with her.
好的 为什么不呢?
Yeah, why don’t you?
“我父亲是个杰出的人…”
“My father was an exceptional man”…
你好
Hello there.
你好
Oh, hello.
对你父亲离世我很抱歉
I was really sorry to hear about your father.
他过去常常提起你
He always talked about you.
说你是个好儿子
Said you were a good son.
谢谢
Thank you.
他有提到过我吗?
Did he ever mention me?
我是皮特
I’m Peter.
皮特 好像没有 你是他朋友吗?
Peter… I don’t think so. Were you friends with dad?
很感谢你的到来 很高兴见到你
Nice to meet you and thank you for coming.
用力推这该死的
Push the bloody thing…
我在推 妈的
I am damn it…
你真没用
You’re useless…
“我父亲是个杰出的人…”
“My father was an exceptional man”…
丹尼尔
Daniel.
我觉得现在改叫大家进来
I think we should be calling everyone in, now…
仪式可以开始了
…to start the service.
当然
Sure.
我3点就要走了
Really I’m only supposed to be here until 3.
当然 可以再等我的叔叔埃尔菲5分钟吗?
Sure. Do you mind if we wait 5 minutes for my uncle Alfie?
如果可以的话 应该等他到了才开始
We shouldn’t start without him, if possible.
好的
Sure.

Look.
很漂亮不是吗?
Isn’t it beautiful?
玛莎 可以聊聊吗?
Martha. Can I have a word?
抱歉
Excuse me.
什么? 什么事?
Why? What is it?
有点事我得告诉你
I have to tell you something.
我先提醒你你不会喜欢的
I’m warning you in advance you’re not gonna like it.
很高兴见到你 感谢您的到来
Nice to see you. Thank you for coming.
丹尼尔
Daniel.
维克多叔叔
Uncle Victor.
你好 罗伯特
Hello, Robert.
维克多叔叔 你好吗?
Uncle Victor. How are you?
我…
I’m…
很难过
…sad.
我明白
I understand.
在纽约过得好吗?
So, how are things in New York?
很好 真的好极了
Great. Really good.
听说你不念悼词了 谁出的馊主意?
What’s with this nonsense about you not doing the eulogy?
是的 丹尼尔会念悼词的
That’s right. Daniel is gonna do the eulogy.
那可真是遗憾啊
Well that’s a dams shame.
我是说 我相信丹尼尔会做得很好 但是…
I mean, I’m sure Daniel will be fine but…
不管怎样 你是家里的唯一作家
…after all you’re the writer in the family.
抱歉 我先离开一会
Will you just excuse me a second?
那么
So…
有什么新书要出版吗?
…any new books coming out?
我先把我的东西准备好
I’ll get my things together.
当然
Sure.
你还好吗?
You alright?
每个人都想要听罗伯特 读那该死的悼词
Every single bloody person wants Robert to do the eulogy.
他也是我的父亲 不是吗?
He’s my father too isn’t he?
我也有资格读那该死的悼词
I’m entitled to the bloody eulogy.
你当然是了
Of course.
而且这将会是所有人听过的 最好的悼词
And it’s gonna be the best bloody eulogy anybody has ever heard.
好吗?
Alright?
听说了吗? 罗伯特不会念悼词了
Looks like Robert won’t be doing the eulogy.
你刚才说什么?
What did you just say?
我说你给西蒙的安定 实际上不是安定
I said the valium you gave Simon wasn’t actually a valium.
而是能引起幻觉的药片
It’s a hallucinegenic concoction.
就像是迷幻药 酶斯卡灵之类的 只是剂量要小些
You know, stuff lice acid, mescalin, a little smaller though
这可不能随便开玩笑特洛伊
This isn’t funny Troy.
我没有开玩笑 你看看他
I’m not being funny. Look at him.
你真是个蠢货
You’re absolutely stupid
你怎么能随便在桌上放那些东西?
How can you leave stuff like that, on your flat?
我以为不会有人拿走
I didn’t think that someone will take it.
谁会随便拿别人桌上的东西?
Who goes to someone else’s flat and take anything?
那是个安定药瓶
it was a valium bottle.
靠 特洛伊
Fuck, Troy.
我该怎么办?
What am I to do?
我要告诉他吗?
Should I tell him?
不 别那样
No! Don’t do that.
你会让他彻底失控的
You’ll freak him out completely.
我们要密切照看好他
We should keep a very close eye on him.
保证他不会发疯
Make sure he doesn’t get out of control.
不要让他和人交谈太久
And don’t let him spend too long talking to one person.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!