I brought them up here to illustrate the point of conformity.
那种在别人面前
The difficulty in maintaining
保持自己信仰的困难
your own beliefs in the face of others.
你们这些人 我能看见你们眼里写着
Now, those of you, I see the look in your eyes like,
“我肯定会走得不一样”
“I would have walked differently.”
那么 问问你们自己为什么要一起跟着鼓掌
Well, ask yourselves why you were clapping.
我们都有一种被接纳的需要
Now, we all have a great need for acceptance.
但你必须相信你的信仰独一无二 独属于你
But you must trust that your beliefs are unique, your own.
即使其他人可能会认为它们奇怪或小众
Even though others may think them odd or unpopular.
即使人们会说”这个不好”
Even though the herd may go, “That’s baa-d.”
出自罗伯特·弗罗斯特《未选择的路》
顾子欣 译本
罗伯特·弗罗斯特说过
Robert Frost said,
“一片树林里分出两条路
“Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,”
而我选了人迹更少的一条
“I took the one less travelled by,”
因此走出了这迥异的旅途”
“and that has made all the difference.”
现在 我想让你们找到你们自己的步调
Now, I want you to find your own walk right now.
你独特的走路方式
Your own way of striding,
独特的步调 随你朝哪儿走 随你怎么走
pacing. Any direction, anything you want.
不管是趾高气昂还是憨态可掬 都可以
Whether it’s proud, whether it’s silly, anything.
各位 院子是你们的了
Gentlemen, the courtyard is yours.
你们不必走给谁看 各走各的就好
You don’t have to perform, just make it for yourself.
德尔顿先生 一起来吗
Mr. Dalton, you be joining us?
我在行使不走的权力
Exercising the right not to walk.
谢谢 德尔顿先生
Thank you, Mr. Dalton.
你刚刚佐证了我的观点
You just illustrated the point.
逆流而上
Swim against the stream.
托德
Todd?
-怎么了 -没事
– What’s going on? – Nothing.
-今天是我的生日 -今天是你的生日吗
– Today’s my birthday. – Is today your birthday?
-生日快乐 -谢谢
– Happy birthday. – Thanks.
你收到了什么礼物
What’d you get?
我爸妈送了我这个
My parents gave me this.
这不是跟去年一样的文具吗…
Isn’t this the same desk…?
是啊 他们送了我跟去年一样的东西
Yeah, they gave me the same thing as last year.
也许他们觉得你还需要一套
Maybe they thought you needed another one.
也许他们根本就没用心去想
Maybe they weren’t thinking about anything at all.
最有意思的就是
The funny thing is about this is,
我去年就不喜欢这个
I didn’t even like it the first time.
托德 我觉得你低估了这套文具的价值
Todd, I think you’re underestimating the value of this desk set.
我是说 谁想要个足球 棒球或者…
I mean, who would want a football, or a baseball, or…?
或者一辆车呢
Or a car?
如果他们能有这么精美的一套文具 谁想要车
Or a car, if they could have a desk set as wonderful as this one?
如果我要两次买♥♥文具
I mean, if I were ever going to buy a desk set twice,
我大概两次都会买♥♥这套
I would probably buy this one both times.
说实话 它的形状…
In fact, its shape is…
还挺符合空气动力学 不是吗
It’s rather aerodynamic, isn’t it?
我能感觉到
I can feel it.
这套文具想飞
This desk set wants to fly.
托德
Todd?
世界上第一套无人驾驶的飞行文具
The world’s first unmanned flying desk set.
天呐
Oh, my.
我觉得你不用担心
Well, I wouldn’t worry.
你明年肯定还会再收到一套
You’ll get another one next year.
活得深刻 汲取生命的所有精华
To live deep and suck out all the marrow of life.
把非生命的一切都击垮
To put to rout all that was not life.
天呐
Oh, my God.
-就是这里吗 -是啊 就是这里
– Is this it? – Yeah, this is it.
往前走 进去 这是我的山洞
Go ahead, go on in. It’s my cave.
-当心点走 -我们不会滑下去吧 对吗
– Watch your step. – We’re not gonna slip, are we?
你们好
Hi.
你好
Hello.
-你好 -嗨 大家好
– Hello. – Hi, guys.
来认识下格洛丽亚和…
Meet, Gloria and…
-蒂娜 -蒂娜
– Tina. – Tina.
这是死亡诗社的宣誓入社班
This is the pledge class of the Dead Poets Society.
-你们好 -你好吗
– Hello. – Hey, how do you do?
-你好 -你好
– Hello. – Hi.
各位 让让 让让
Guys, move, move.
来吧 各位 今天是周五晚上
Come on, folks, it’s Friday night.
我们继续集♥会♥吧
Let’s get on with the meeting.
让一让
Excuse me.
各位 我有事要宣布
Guys, I have an announcement to make.
为了秉持
In keeping with the spirit
死亡诗社的激♥情♥实验精神
of passionate experimentation of the Dead Poets,
我准备放弃查尔斯·德尔顿这个名字
I’m giving up the name Charles Dalton.
从现在起 叫我努旺达
From now on, call me Nuwanda.
-努旺达 -努旺达
– Nuwanda? – Nuwanda?
好吧
Okay.
有人在吗 在吗 克丽丝
Hello? Hello, Chris?
-诺克斯 -你好
– Knox. – Hi.
你来了 太好了
You made it, great.
-带人来了吗 -没有
– Bring anybody? – No.
没有吗 金妮·丹布利来了
No? Ginny Danburry’s here.
我得去找切特
Look, I have to go find Chet.
你先下楼去吧 大家都在那里
Why don’t you go downstairs? That’s where everybody is.
-但克丽丝… -随意点 别客气
– But, Chris… – Make yourself at home.
但我…
But I…
大家好啊
Hey, guys.
嘿 你是马特·桑德斯的弟弟吗
Hey, you Mutt Sanders’ brother?
巴巴 你看他像不像马特·桑德斯
Bubba, this guy look like Mutt Sanders to you, or what?
你是他弟弟吗
You’re his brother?
我们不是亲戚 从没听过这个人 抱歉二位
No relation. Never heard of him. Sorry, guys.
你的礼貌呢 斯蒂夫
Where’s your manners, Steve?
马特·桑德斯的弟弟在这 我们却没请他喝一杯
There’s Mutt Sanders’ brother, we don’t even offer him a drink.
-喝点威士忌 兄弟 -是啊
– Have some whisky, pal. – Yeah.
我其实不喝…
I don’t really drink…
-敬马特 -敬马特
– To Mutt. – To Mutt.
敬马特
To Mutt.
马特老兄最近怎么样啊
Now, how the hell is old Mutt anyway?
是啊 马特老兄最近在干什么呢
Yeah, what’s old Mutter been up to, huh?
我其实不认识马特
I don’t really know Mutt.
-敬伟大的马特 -敬伟大的马特
– To the Mighty Mutt. – To Mighty Mutt.
敬伟大的马特
To Mighty Mutt.
听着 我得去找帕西了
Well, listen, I gotta go find Patsy.
替我跟马特打个招呼 好吗
Say hello to Mutt for me, okay?
-我会的 -你老哥马特真的很了不起
– Will do. – Hell of a guy, your old brother, Mutt.
我们这集♥会♥还开不开
Are we gonna have a meeting, or what?
就是啊 如果你们都不开集♥会♥
Yeah, if you guys don’t have a meeting,
我们怎么知道我们想不想加入
how do we know if we want to join?
加入
Join?
可否允我将你比作夏日
Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?
出自莎士比亚十四行诗第十八首
但你比夏日更温婉多姿
Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
-真美 -我专门为你写的
– That’s so sweet. – I made that up just for you.
真的吗
You did?
我也会为你写一首 格洛丽亚
I’ll write one for you too, Gloria.
《她在幽美中行走》
She walks in beauty like the night
出自拜伦《她在幽美中行走》
周永启 译本
她在幽美中行走
She walks in beauty like the night
像静夜 万里无云 满天星斗
Of cloudless climes and starry skies
一切明暗交织的美色
All that’s best of dark and bright
都在她那容貌和双眸中汇合
Meet in her aspect and her eyes;
真是太美了
That’s beautiful.
像这样能够赞美你的诗还有很多很多
There’s plenty more where that came from.
老天爷啊 帮帮我
God help me.
把握当下
Carpe diem.
怎么 你不记得了
What, you don’t remember?
怎么 你在开玩笑吗
What, are you kidding?
-切特 切特 快看 -怎么了
– Chet, Chet, look. – What?
是马特·桑德斯的弟弟
It’s Mutt Sanders’ brother.
-诺克斯 -他在对你女朋友动手动脚
– Knox…? – He’s feeling up your girl.