I have a little secret for you. Huddle up.
都围拢过来
Huddle up.
我们读诗作诗 并不是因为好玩
We don’t read and write poetry because it’s cute.
我们读诗写诗
We read and write poetry
是因为我们是人类的一员
because we are members of the human race.
而人类是充满激♥情♥的
And the human race is filled with passion.
虽然学习医药 法律 商业 工程
And medicine, law, business, engineering,
都是高尚的人生目标
these are noble pursuits,
也是人类存活发展之必需
and necessary to sustain life.
但追求诗与美 浪漫与爱情
But poetry, beauty, romance, love,
却是我们活着的意义
these are what we stay alive for.
引自惠特曼的作品
To quote from Whitman:
“哦 自我 哦 生命
“O me! O life!
此类问题不断涌现
Of the questions of these recurring;
没有信仰的人群川流不息
Of the endless trains of the faithless…
繁华的城市充斥着愚昧
Of cities filled with the foolish
这样又有什么好处 哦 自我 哦 生命
What good amid these, O me, O life?
答案是
Answer.
因为你存在于此
That you are here…
因为生命存在着 且有其独特之处
That life exists, and identity;
因这好戏永不落幕 而你将献上一首诗”
That the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse.”
因这好戏永不落幕 而你将献上一首诗
That the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse.
你会写出什么诗
What will your verse be?
为我们之所得
For what we are about to receive,
愿上帝让我们真正学会感恩
may the Lord make us truly grateful.
阿门
Amen.
你今天的课可真有趣 基廷老师
Quite an interesting class you gave today, Mr. Keating.
如果震惊到你 请勿见怪 麦克阿里斯特老师
Sorry if I shocked you, Mr. McAllister.
无需道歉 那很有趣
There’s no need to apologize. It was very fascinating.
-尽管会误导学生 -你这么认为吗
– Misguided though it was. – You think so?
你鼓励他们成为艺术家其实冒了很大风险 约翰
You take a big risk by encouraging them to become artists, John.
当他们意识到
When they realize that
自己不会成为伦勃朗 莎士比亚或者莫扎特时
they’re not Rembrandts, Shakespeares or Mozarts,
他们会为此记恨你的
they’ll hate you for it.
我们不是在谈论艺术家 乔治
We’re not talking artists, George,
我们在谈论自♥由♥思想家
we’re talking free thinkers.
17岁的自♥由♥思想家
Free thinkers at 17?
真有趣 我从没想过你会是犬儒主义者
Funny, I never pegged you as a cynic.
不是犬儒主义者
Not a cynic.
是现实主义者
A realist.
给我一颗不被愚昧之梦侵扰的心
Show me the heart unfettered by foolish dreams
我就能还你一个快乐的人
and I’ll show you a happy man.
但人唯有在梦中才能得到真正的自♥由♥
But only in their dreams can men be truly free
从来是如此 以后亦如此
‘Twas always thus and always thus will be.
-丁尼生写的吗 -不 我写的
– Tennyson? – No, Keating.
我在图书馆找到了他的高中年鉴
I found his senior annual in the library.
听听看 足球队队长
Listen to this: Captain of the soccer team,
校刊编辑 毕业后就读于剑桥大学
editor of the school annual, Cambridge bound,
约翰·查尔斯·基廷
喜欢美♥腿♥ 死亡诗社成员
thigh man, and the Dead Poets Society.
“最有可能获得任何成就的人”
“Man most likely to do anything.”
喜欢美♥腿♥ 基廷老师可真够狂野的
Thigh man. Mr. K was a hell-raiser.
-死亡诗社是什么 -有照片吗
– What’s the Dead Poets Society? – Is there a picture?
没有 什么信息都没有
Nothing, no other mention of it.
那个男生 午餐后来找我
That boy there, see me after lunch.
基廷老师
Mr. Keating.
基廷老师
Mr. Keating.
老师
Sir?
说句话
Say something.
哦 船长 我的船长
O Captain, My Captain?
先生们
Gentlemen.
我们刚刚在看你以前的年鉴
We were just looking in your old annual.
我的老天
Oh, my God.
不 那不是我
No, that’s not me.
混球斯坦利·威尔森
Stanley “The Tool” Wilson.
-老天 -死亡诗社是什么
– God. – What was the Dead Poets Society?
恐怕现在的学校管理层不太喜欢那个
I doubt the present administration would look too favorably upon that.
为什么
Why?
到底是什么
What was it?
先生们 你们能保密吗
Gentlemen, can you keep a secret?
当然
Sure.
死亡诗社的成员们致力于”汲取生命的精华”
The Dead Poets were dedicated to sucking the marrow out of life.
那句话引自梭罗的《瓦尔登湖》
That’s a phrase from Thoreau
每次聚会我们都会引用名句做开场致词
we would invoke at the beginning of every meeting.
我们会在古老的印第安山洞相聚
See, we would gather at the old Indian cave
轮流诵读梭罗 惠特曼 雪莱 等文坛巨匠的作品
and take turns reading from Thoreau, whitman, Shelley, the biggies.
甚至还有我们自己作的诗
Even some of our own verse.
在这个令人陶醉的时刻
And in the enchantment of the moment,
诗歌♥自然会散发自身的魔力
we’d let poetry work its magic.
你是说一帮男生围坐在一起读诗吗
You mean it was a bunch of guys sitting around reading poetry?
不 奥弗斯崔特先生 不是只有男生
No, Mr. Overstreet, it wasn’t just guys.
我们又不是兄弟会 我们是浪漫主义者
We weren’t a Greek organization, we were romantics.
而且我们不是只读诗
And we didn’t just read poetry,
而是让诗像蜜一样从舌尖滑落
we let it drip from our tongues like honey.
灵魂自♥由♥驰骋 女人神魂颠倒
Spirits soared, women swooned,
众神如是诞生 同学们
and gods were created, gentlemen.
如此消磨长夜也还算不错 对吧
Not a bad way to spend an evening, eh?
谢谢你 佩利先生 让我重回失忆小径漫步
Thank you, Mr. Perry, for this stroll down amnesia lane.
烧了它 尤其把我的照片烧了
Burn that. Especially my picture.
死亡诗社
Dead Poets Society.
什么
What?
要我说我们今晚就去
I say we go tonight.
-今晚 -等一下
– Tonight? – Wait a minute.
大家都来吗
Everybody in?
他说的那个山洞在哪
Where’s this cave he’s talking about?
在小溪那边 我知道它在哪
It’s beyond the stream. I know where it is.
相隔几英里呢
That’s miles.
-我觉得无聊 -别走
– Sounds boring to me. – Don’t go.
你知道这会被扣多少分吗 德尔顿
You know how many demerits we’re talking, Dalton?
那就别来 拜托
So don’t come, please.
好吧 我只是想说 我们得小心点
Look, all I’m saying is that we have to be careful.
-我们不能被抓到 -当然不能 大侦探
– We can’t get caught. – No shit, Sherlock.
那边的男生 快点
You boys there, hurry up.
好了 谁打算加入
All right. Who’s in?
拜托 尼尔 哈格就在那里
Come on, Neil, Hager’s there…
别管哈格 别管他
Forget Hager. No.
谁加入
Who’s in?
我加入
I’m in.
我警告你们 动起来
I’m warning you. Move.
-我也去 -我不知道 尼尔
– Me too. – I don’t know, Neil.
什么 皮茨
What? Pitts.
-皮茨 拜托 -他成绩可不好 查理
– Pittsie, come on. – His grades are hurting, Charlie.
你可以帮他 米克斯
You can help him, Meeks.
这算什么 午夜学习小组吗
What is this, a midnight study group?
别想了 皮茨 你要来的
Forget it, Pitts. You’re coming.
米克斯 你成绩也不好吗
Meeks, your grades hurting too?
-我乐于尝试一切 -除了性
– I’ll try anything once. – Except sex.
只要我们小心行事 我就加入
I’m in as long as we’re careful.
-你呢 诺克斯 -我不知道 查理
– What about you, Knox? – I don’t know, Charlie.
去吧 查理 这会帮你追到克丽丝的
Come on, Knox. It’ll help you get Chris.
真的吗 怎么会
Yeah? How?
-女人们神魂颠倒 -但她们为什么会神魂颠倒
– Women swoon. – But why do they swoon?
查理 告诉我她们为什么会神魂颠倒 查理
Charlie, tell me why they swoon. Charlie.
你没有认真听我说
You’re not listening.
你看 顺着小溪走到瀑布
Look, you follow the stream to the waterfall.
它就在这里 它就像…
It’s right there. It’s got to be like…
我不知道 各位 这听起来变得危险了
I don’t know, guys, it’s starting to sound dangerous.
那你待在家不就行了
Well, why don’t you stay home?
你疯了
You’re crazy.
老天 不准交头接耳了 都坐下
For God’s sake, stop chattering and sit down.
-托德 你今晚去吗 -不了
– Todd, are you coming tonight? – No.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!