you tell the truth or you’re expelled.
-你个混♥蛋♥ -查理
– You little punk. – Charlie.
他是个叛徒 他只顾着自己
He’s a rat! He’s in it up to his eyes,
所以他告密以求自保
so he ratted to save himself.
别碰他 查理 不然你会被开除的
Don’t touch him. You do and you’re out.
-反正我都会被开除的 -不一定的
– I’m out anyway. – You don’t know that, not yet.
他说得对 查理
He’s right there, Charlie.
如果你们够聪明的话
And if you guys are smart,
你们也要和我一样配合学校的调查
you will do exactly what I did and cooperate.
他们不是在针对我们 我们是受害者
They’re not after us. We’re the victims.
我们和尼尔都是
Us and Neil.
这话什么意思 他们在针对谁
What’s that mean? Who are they after?
当然是基廷老师了 “船长”本人
Why, Mr. Keating, of course. The “Captain” himself.
你们不会真觉得
I mean, you guys didn’t really
他可以逃避掉责任吧
think he could avoid responsibility, did you?
基廷老师要为尼尔的死负责
Mr. Keating responsible for Neil?
他们是这个意思吗
Is that what they’re saying?
不然还能是谁 蠢货
Well, who else do you think, dumb-ass?
学校管理层吗 佩利先生吗
The administration? Mr. Perry?
是基廷老师煽动我们干这些事的 不是吗
Mr. Keating put us up to all this crap, didn’t he?
如果不是基廷老师
If it wasn’t for Mr. Keating,
尼尔现在正舒舒服服地待在他的房♥间里
Neil would be cozied up in his room right now
学着他的化学 梦想着成为…
studying his chemistry and dreaming of being…
不是这样的 卡梅隆 你明知道的
That is not true, Cameron. You know that.
他没有煽动我们干任何事
He didn’t put us up to anything.
尼尔热爱表演
Neil loved acting.
随你怎么想 但我建议就让基廷承担罪责吧
Believe what you want, but I say let Keating fry.
何苦毁掉我们自己的人生呢
I mean, why ruin our lives?
查理
Charlie.
-你个蠢货 -查理
– You dummy. – Charlie.
你这下一定会被开除了 努旺达
You just signed your expulsion papers, Nuwanda.
如果你们其他人够聪明的话
And if the rest of you are smart,
就会做出和我一样的选择
you’ll do exactly what I did.
反正他们什么都知道了
They know everything anyway.
你们救不了基廷
You can’t save Keating,
但你们可以自保
but you can save yourselves.
诺克斯·奥弗斯崔特
Knox Overstreet.
米克斯
Meeks.
走开 我得学习
Go away, I have to study.
努旺达怎么了
What happened to Nuwanda?
被开除了
Expelled.
你告诉他们什么了
What’d you tell them?
都是他们已经知道了的东西
Nothing they didn’t already know.
托德·安德森
Todd Anderson.
-你好 儿子 -你好 亲爱的
– Hello, son. – Hello, darling.
妈妈
Mom.
坐吧 安德森先生
Have a seat, Mr. Anderson.
安德森先生
Mr. Anderson,
我想我们已经相当清楚整个事件了
I think we’ve pretty well put together what’s happened here.
你承认你是死亡诗社的成员吗
You do admit to being a part of this Dead Poets Society?
回答他 托德
Answer him, Todd.
是的 老师
Yes, sir.
我这里有一份
I have here
关于你们集♥会♥上所发生的事的详细描述
a detailed description of what occurred at your meetings.
上面描述了你们的基廷老师
It describes how your teacher, Mr. Keating,
是如何鼓励你们组建这个社团
encouraged you boys to organize this club
并将之作为一种灵感来源
and to use it as a source of inspiration
煽动你们去做一些鲁莽和放纵的事
for reckless and self-indulgent behavior.
其中描述了基廷老师 是如何在课上和课下
It describes how Mr. Keating, both in and out of the classroom,
鼓励尼尔·佩利追寻自己对表演的执念
encouraged Neil Perry to follow his obsession with acting
而他从始至终都知道
when he knew all along
这明确违背了尼尔父母的命令
it was against the explicit orders of Neil’s parents.
正是基廷老师对他教师职权的公然滥用
It was Mr. Keating’s blatant abuse of his position as teacher
直接导致了尼尔·佩利的死亡
that led directly to Neil Perry’s death.
仔细看看那份文件 托德
Read that document carefully, Todd.
仔细地看
Very carefully.
我确认这份文件中的陈述是真实准确的
签名:理查德·卡梅隆
斯蒂文·米克斯
杰拉德·皮茨
诺克斯·奥弗斯崔特
如果你没什么需要添加或修改的 就签名吧
If you’ve nothing to add or amend, sign it.
基廷老师会怎么样
What’s gonna happen to Mr. Keating?
我受够了 把名字签了 托德
I’ve had enough. Sign the paper, Todd.
拉丁语的草意思是青草或药草
Grass is gramen or herba.
岩石是石头
Lapis is stone.
这整栋楼叫建筑
The entire building is aedificium.
坐下
Sit.
本学期接下来的课程将由我来教授
I’ll be teaching this class through exams.
学期结束后 我们会招一位固定的英语老师
We’ll find a permanent English teacher during the break.
谁能告诉我普利查德那本书 你们上到哪里了
Who will tell me where you are in the Pritchard textbook?
安德森先生
Mr. Anderson.
普…普…
In the… In the Pr…
我听不见你在说什么 安德森先生
I can’t hear you, Mr. Anderson.
普利查德那本书吗
In the Pritchard?
麻烦你告诉我一下 卡梅隆先生
Kindly inform me, Mr. Cameron.
我们跳过了许多 老师
We skipped around a lot, sir.
我们学完了浪漫主义文学
We covered the romantics
以及内战后文学的一些章节
and some of the chapters on post Civil War literature.
现实主义文学呢
What about the realists?
好像大部分都跳过去了 老师
I believe we skipped most of that, sir.
好吧 那我们从头开始
All right, then, we’ll start over.
什么是诗歌♥
What is poetry?
进来
Come.
打扰了
Excuse me.
我是来拿我的私人物品的
I came for my personals.
需要我课后再来吗
Should I come back after class?
现在就拿走吧 基廷先生
Get them now, Mr. Keating.
先生们 翻到介绍的第21页
Gentlemen, turn to page 21 of the introduction.
卡梅隆先生
Mr. Cameron,
大声念出普利查德博士
read aloud the excellent essay
关于《理解诗歌♥》的优秀见解
by Dr. Pritchard on “Understanding Poetry.”
那页被撕掉了 老师
That page has been ripped out, sir.
那就借别人的书看一下
Well, borrow somebody else’s book.
都被撕掉了 老师
They’re all ripped out, sir.
什么叫都被撕掉了
What do you mean, they’re all ripped out?
老师 我们…
Sir, we…
算了
Never mind.
念
Read.
《理解诗歌♥》 杰·埃文斯·普利查德博士著
“Understanding Poetry, by Dr. J. Evans Pritchard, Ph.D.
“要想完全理解诗歌♥
To fully understand poetry,
我们首先得通晓其格律
we must first be fluent with its meter,
韵脚和修辞手段
rhyme and figures of speech,
然后再问两个问题
then ask two questions.
一 诗歌♥主旨的呈现方式有多巧妙
One, how artfully has the objective of the poem been rendered?
二…
Two…
该主旨有多重要
how important is that objective?
第一个问题评定诗歌♥的完美程度
Question one rates the poem’s perfection.
第二个问题评定其重要性
Question two rates its importance.
通过解答这两个问题
And once these questions have been answered,
判定一首诗的伟大程度就会轻而易举
determining the poem’s greatness becomes a relatively simple matter.
若将诗歌♥的完美程度
If the poem’s score for perfection
看作一张图表的横轴…
is plotted on the horizontal of a graph…”
基廷老师
Mr. Keating,
-他们逼着所有人签了字 -安静 安德森先生
– they made everybody sign it. – Quiet. Mr. Anderson.
您得相信我 是真的
You gotta believe me, it’s true.
-我相信你 托德 -请你离开 基廷先生
– I do believe you, Todd. – Leave, Mr. Keating.
-但这不是他的错 -离开 安德森先生
– But it wasn’t his fault. – Sit down. Mr. Anderson.
你或其他人再说一句话
One more outburst from you or anyone else,
你们就都被开除了
and you’re out of this school.
离开 基廷先生
Leave, Mr. Keating.
我叫你离开 基廷先生
I said leave, Mr. Keating.
哦 船长 我的船长
O Captain! My Captain!