明白了吗 小天才
Got it, Ace?
是 是 船长
Aye, aye, captain.
保持冷静 机智应对
Keep your head about you.
你们也是一样
That goes for the lot of you.
-是 船长 -是 船长
– Yes, captain. – Yes, captain.
上帝来电
Phone call from God.
要是真通了 那倒确实惊人了
If it had been collect, it would have been daring.
好了 继续 开始
All right. Go on, play.
我们想好好排练呢 好吗
We’re trying to rehearse, okay?
开始
Start.
很有说服力 所以 听我说 赫米娅
A good persuasion. Therefore, hear me, Hermia.
等等 拜托 要有激♥情♥
Wait, please. Excitement.
我没有感觉到任何激♥情♥
I don’t hear any excitement about this play.
握着她的手
And take her hand.
带她走下楼梯 停下 然后说
Bring her down the stage and stop, and,
“好了 温柔的赫米娅” 再来一次
“There, gentle Hermia.” Try again.
-晚餐吃什么 -意面和肉丸
– What’s for dinner? – Spaghetti and meatballs.
给我留点
Save some for me.
但是 让开点 精灵 仙王奥布朗来了
But, room, fairy! Here comes Oberon.
父亲
Father.
尼尔
Neil.
在您开口之前
Before you say anything,
-请先听我… -不许顶嘴
– please let me… – Don’t you dare talk back to me.
你要在演戏这种荒唐的事上
It’s bad enough that you’ve wasted your time
浪费时间已经很糟糕了
with this absurd acting business.
但更恶劣的是你故意骗了我
But you deliberately deceived me.
你打算怎么把这事瞒过去呢
How did you expect to get away with this?
回答我
Answer me.
谁让你干的 是那个新老师吗 基廷老师
Who put you up to it? Was it this new man, this, uh, Mr. Keating?
不 没人让我♥干♥
No, nobody…
我只是想给你个惊喜
I thought I’d surprise you.
我每门课都是优秀的成绩
I’ve gotten all A’s in every class.
所以你以为我不会发现吗
So did you think I wasn’t gonna find out?
“我侄女和你儿子在演同一部戏剧” 马克斯夫人说
“Oh, my niece is in a play with your son,” says Mrs. Marks.
我说 “不不不
“No, no, no,” I say.
你肯定搞错了 我儿子不可能在演戏剧”
“You must be mistaken. My son’s not in a play.”
你把我变成了说假话的骗子 尼尔
You made a liar out of me, Neil.
明天 你去找他们
Now, tomorrow, you go to them
告诉他们你要退出
and you tell them that you’re quitting.
不行 我是主角
No, I can’t. I have the main part.
明晚就要演出了
The performance is tomorrow night.
就算明天是世界末日 我也不管
I don’t care if the world comes to an end tomorrow night.
你不准再演那部戏剧了
You are through with that play.
听清楚了吗
Is that clear?
听清楚了吗
Is that clear?
是 先生
Yes, sir.
我做了很大的牺牲才将你送来这里念书 尼尔
I made a great many sacrifices to get you here, Neil.
你绝对不能让我失望
And you will not let me down.
不会的 先生
No, sir.
门是开着的
It’s open.
尼尔 怎么了
Neil, what’s up?
-能跟您谈谈吗 -当然 请坐
– Can I speak to you a minute? – Certainly. Sit down.
-抱歉 给 -是我该说抱歉
– I’m sorry, here. – Excuse me.
-要喝点茶吗 -茶 好的
– Get you some tea? – Tea, sure.
-要不要加奶或者糖 -不用 谢谢
– Like some milk or sugar in that? – No, thanks.
天呐 他们给你分配的房♥间真小
Gosh, they don’t give you much room around here.
是啊 这是清修誓言的一部分
No, it’s part of the monastic oath.
他们不想让世间俗物干扰我的教学
They don’t want worldly things distracting me from my teaching.
-她很美 -但却远在伦敦
– She’s pretty. – She’s also in London.
所以很不容易
Makes it a little difficult.
-你怎么能忍♥受呢 -忍♥受什么
– How can you stand it? – Stand what?
你可以去任何地方 做任何想做的事
You can go anywhere. You can do anything.
你怎么能忍♥受留在这里呢
How can you stand being here?
因为我爱教学
Because I love teaching.
我不想去其他地方
I don’t want to be anywhere else.
有什么事
What’s up?
我刚刚和我父亲谈了下
I just talked to my father.
他逼我退出亨利礼堂的那部戏剧
He’s making me quit the play at Henley Hall.
表演是我的一切 我…
Acting’s everything to me. I…
但他不明白 他…
But he doesn’t know, he…
我能理解他的意思
I can see his point.
我们家不像查理家那么有钱
We’re not a rich family like Charlie’s.
我们…
And we…
但他这是在替我决定我的人生
But he’s planning the rest of my life for me,
他从来没问过我我想要什么
and he’s never asked me what I want.
你对你父亲说过你刚刚对我说的这些话吗
Have you ever told your father what you just told me?
关于你对表演的热情 向他展示过吗
About your passion for acting. You ever show him that?
-我不能 -为什么不行
– I can’t. – Why not?
我无法像这样跟他交谈
I can’t talk to him this way.
那你在他面前也是在表演
Then you’re acting for him too.
你在扮演一个乖儿子的角色
You’re playing the part of the dutiful son.
我知道这听起来不可能 但你必须和他谈谈
I know this sounds impossible, but you have to talk to him.
让他看到真实的你 你真实的内心
Show him who you are, what your heart is.
我知道他会怎么说
I know what he’ll say.
他会说表演只是一时的兴趣 我应该赶快忘掉
He’ll tell me that acting’s a whim and I should forget it.
他们都在指望着我
That they’re counting on me.
他会说为了我自己好 我应该彻底忘了它
He’ll just tell me to put it out of my mind for my own good.
你不是签了卖♥♥身契的奴隶
You are not an indentured servant.
如果这对你不是一时的兴趣
If it’s not a whim for you,
那就向他证明你的决心和热情
you prove it to him by your conviction and your passion.
让他看到这点 如果他还是不相信
You show him that, and if he still doesn’t believe you,
但那时候你已经离开学校
well, by then, you’ll be out of school
可以做自己想做的事了
and you can do anything you want.
不
No.
那这部戏剧怎么办 明晚就要演出了
What about the play? The show’s tomorrow night.
那你就必须在明晚前和他谈
Then you have to talk to him before tomorrow night.
我…
I…
-就没有简单一点的方法吗 -没有
– Isn’t there an easier way? – No.
我被困住了
I’m trapped.
不 你没有
No, you’re not.
把我的笔记本还给我
I need my notebook.
回头见 布莱恩
I’ll see you later, Brian.
克丽丝
Chris.
你好 克丽丝
Hey, Chris.
克丽丝·诺亚 你知道她在哪里吗
Chris Noel, do you know where she is?
我想是在111号♥教室
I think she’s in Room 111.
谢谢
Thanks.
我知道
I know.
不好
Oh, no.
让一下
Excuse me.
-克丽丝 -诺克斯 你跑来这里做什么
– Chris. – Knox, what are you doing here?
我是来为那晚的事道歉的
I came to apologize for the other night.
我想送花给你 我还为你写了一首诗
I brought you these and a poem I wrote for you.
诺克斯 难道你不知道
Knox, don’t you know that
如果被切特看到 他会杀了你吗
if Chet finds you here, he’ll kill you?
我不在乎
I don’t care.
-我爱你 克丽丝 -诺克斯 你疯了
– I love you, Chris. – Knox, you’re crazy.
听着 我知道我之前表现得像个混♥蛋♥
Look, I acted like a jerk, and I know it.
-请你收下 可以吗 -不 我不能
– Please accept these. Please? – No, I… I can’t.
别来烦我了
Just forget it.
诺克斯 你简直令人难以置信
Knox, I don’t believe this.
你只需要听着就好
All I’m asking you to do is listen.
上天创造了一个叫克丽丝的女孩
The heavens made a girl named Chris
有着金色的头发和皮肤
With hair and skin of gold
触碰她
To touch her
就好像进入天堂
would be paradise
滚吧 别闹了
Get out of here.
卡梅隆 你个傻瓜
Cameron, you fool.
-嘿 怎么样 你念给她听了吗 -当然
– Hey, how’d it go? Did you read it to her? – Yeah.
她说了什么
What’d she say?