你在做什么
What are you doing?
-你♥他♥妈♥在干什么 -切特
– What the hell are you doing? – Chet.
切特 别这样
Chet, don’t.
切特 我知道这看上去很糟 但…
Chet, I know this looks bad, but…
切特 不要 你会打伤他的
Chet, no, you’ll hurt him.
不要 切特 住手
No, Chet, stop it.
-天呐 -放开他
– Jesus. – Leave him alone.
-妈的 -切特 别打了
– Goddamn. – Chet, stop it.
混♥蛋♥
Bastard.
诺克斯 你还好吗
Knox, are you all right?
克丽丝 离他远点
Chris, get the hell away from him.
-切特 你打伤他了 -伤得好
– Chet, you hurt him. – Good.
-对不起 万分抱歉 -没事的 没事
– I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. – It’s okay. It’s okay.
下次再让我看见你 你小命就没了
Next time I see you, you die.
来 挨个穿过去
Go ahead, pass it around.
我和皮茨正在研究一套音响系统
Me and Pitts are working on a hi-fi system.
组装应该没那么难
It shouldn’t be that hard to put together.
是啊 我可能会去耶鲁大学
Yeah, I might be going to Yale.
但也许不会去
But I might not.
你们难道不想念姑娘在身边的感觉吗
Don’t you guys miss having girls around here?
-想啊 -当然想
– Yeah. – Yeah.
那正是这个社团存在的意义之一
That’s part of what this club is about.
事实上 我想宣布
In fact, I’d like to announce
我以死亡诗社的名义
I published an article
在校报上发表了一篇文章
in the school paper in the name of the Dead Poets.
什么
What?
-要求女生也可以来威尔顿学院上学 -不会吧
– Demanding girls be admitted to Welton. – You didn’t.
-我们就不用再手♥淫♥了 -你怎么做到的
– So we can all stop beating off. – How did you do that?
我是审稿人之一 我把那篇文章混进去了
I’m one of the proofers. I slipped the article in.
好了 这下一切都完了
Look, it’s over now.
为什么 没人知道我们是谁
Why? Nobody knows who we are.
你不觉得他们会查到是谁写的吗
Don’t you think they’re gonna figure out who wrote it?
他们会来找你
They’re gonna come to you
然后问你死亡诗社是什么
and ask to know what the Dead Poets Society is.
查理 你无权做这种事
Charlie, you had no right to do something like that.
我叫努旺达 卡梅隆
It’s Nuwanda, Cameron.
是啊 你叫努旺达
That’s right, it’s Nuwanda.
以及我们到底是来这里玩
And are we just playing around out here,
还是践行我们说过的话
or do we mean what we say?
如果我们只是聚在这里
If all we do is come together
互相读一些诗的话
and read a bunch of poems to each other,
那我们到底在干什么
what the hell are we doing?
好吧 但你还是不该那么做 查理
All right, but you still shouldn’t have done it, Charlie.
那会惹麻烦的 你又不能代表整个诗社
This could mean trouble. You don’t speak for the club.
好了 你能别再担心你那条小命了吗
Hey, would you not worry about your precious little neck?
要是被抓住 我就说是我编的
If they catch me, I’ll tell them I made it up.
好
Fine.
请坐
Sit.
本周的《威尔顿荣誉报》上
This week’s issue of Welton Honor,
出现了一篇很不得体的 未经授权的文章
there appeared a profane and unauthorized article.
我不打算浪费我宝贵的时间
Rather than spend my valuable time
揪出这个幕后黑手
ferreting out the guilty persons…
我保证 要是找 我一定会找出来的
And let me assure you, I will find them.
我希望所有参与了的同学
I’m asking any and all students
或者对这件事知情的同学
who know anything about this article
立刻站出来说出实情
to make themselves known here and now.
不管是谁干的
Whoever the guilty persons are,
这是你唯一不被开除的机会
this is your only chance to avoid expulsion from this school.
威尔顿学院 你好
Welton Academy, hello?
是的 他在 稍等
Yes, he is. Just a moment.
诺兰先生 是找您的电♥话♥
Mr. Nolan, it’s for you.
是上帝打来的
It’s God.
他说威尔顿学院应该收女生
He says we should have girls at Welton.
别笑得一脸得意
Wipe that smirk off your face.
德尔顿先生 如果你以为
If you think, Mr. Dalton,
你是第一个故意试图被开除出校的学生
that you’re the first to try to get thrown out of this school,
那你最好再想想
think again.
早有别人做过类似的事
Others have had similar notions
而且和你一样 他们也失败了
and have failed just as surely as you will fail.
趴好
Assume the position.
大声数出来 德尔顿先生
Count aloud, Mr. Dalton.
一
One.
二
Two.
三
Three.
四
Four.
五
Five.
死亡诗社是什么 还有谁参与了
What is this Dead Poets Society? I want names.
-你被开除了吗 -没有
– You kicked out? – No.
那到底发生了些什么
So, what happened?
要我供出所有人 向学校道歉
I’m to turn everybody in, apologize to the school,
这事就算过去了
and all will be forgiven.
那你打算怎么做
So, what are you gonna do?
查理
Charlie.
该死的 尼尔
Damn it, Neil.
我的名字叫努旺达
The name is Nuwanda.
打扰了
Excuse me.
-能和你谈谈吗 基廷先生 -当然
– May we have a word, Mr. Keating? – Certainly.
这是我授课的第一个教室 约翰 你知道吗
This was my first classroom, John. Did you know that?
我的第一个教桌
My first desk.
我不知道你也授过课 诺兰先生
I didn’t know you taught, Mr. Nolan.
英语
English.
在你来这里的很多年前
Long before your time.
我可以告诉你 要放弃教学很不容易
It was hard giving it up, I can tell you.
我听到一些流言 约翰
I’m hearing rumors, John,
听说你的课堂上出现了一些不寻常的教学方式
about some unorthodox teaching methods in your classroom.
我不是说这和德尔顿家那小子的
I’m not saying they’ve had anything to do
恶作剧有什么必然联♥系♥
with the Dalton boy’s outburst,
但我想我不需要提醒你
but I don’t think I have to warn you,
这个年纪的男孩是很容易受影响的
boys his age are very impressionable.
您的斥责我必不敢忘 这点我确定
Well, your reprimand made quite an impression, I’m sure.
那天在院子里是怎么回事
What was going on in the courtyard the other day?
院子里
Courtyard?
是的 孩子们走正步 一起鼓掌
Yeah, boys marching, clapping in unison.
那个啊 那是为证明一个观点而进行的练习
Oh, that. That was an exercise to prove a point.
盲从的危险
Dangers of conformity.
约翰 课程是既定的 也被证明了是有效的
Well, John, the curriculum here is set. It’s proven, it works.
如果连你都质疑 他们又怎么会服从
If you question it, what’s to prevent them from doing the same?
我向来都认为教育的意义
I always thought the idea of education
就在于学会自己思考
was to learn to think for yourself.
在他们这种年纪吗 绝无可能
At these boys’ age? Not on your life.
传统 约翰 还有纪律
Tradition, John. Discipline.
帮助他们考上大学 剩下的自会解决
Prepare them for college and the rest will take care of itself.
嘎吱一声
Creak.
他慢慢走到我的左边 又是嘎吱一声
He starts walking around towards my left. Creak.
嘎吱
Creak.
“趴好 德尔顿先生”
“Assume the position, Mr. Dalton.”
没事 先生们
It’s all right, gentlemen.
-基廷老师 -德尔顿先生
– Mr. Keating. – Mr. Dalton.
你今天的恶作剧可不好
That was a pretty lame stunt you pulled today.
你居然站在诺兰先生那边
You’re siding with Mr. Nolan?
不是说要把握今朝 汲取生命的精华…
What about carpe diem, sucking all the marrow out of life…?
汲取生命的精华 并不代表要被里面的骨头噎死
Sucking the marrow out of life doesn’t mean choking on the bone.
没错 有时应该勇敢 但有时也需要谨慎
Sure, there’s a time for daring, and there’s a time for caution.
而睿智的人知道如何分辨二者
And a wise man understands which is called for.
-但我以为你会喜欢 -不
– But I thought you’d like that. – No.
你如果被学校开除
You being expelled from school
我不会认为是勇敢 而是愚蠢
is not daring to me, it’s stupid.
因为你会错过很多机遇
Because you’ll miss some golden opportunities.
是嘛 比如呢
Yeah, like what?
最显而易见的一个 就是错过我的课程
Like if nothing else, the opportunity to attend my classes.