从项目表上选三个实验项目…
Pick three laboratory experiments from the project list…
每五周写份报告
and report on them every five weeks.
第一章的前二十个问题明天交
The first 20 questions at the end of chapter one are due tomorrow.
-埃格利科隆 -埃格利科隆
-Agricolam. -Agricolam.
-埃格利科拉 -埃格利科拉
-Agricola. -Agricola.
-埃格利科利 -埃格利科利
-Agricolae. -Agricolae.
-埃格利科让 -埃格利科让
-Agricolarum. -Agricolarum.
-埃格利科利斯 -埃格利科利斯
-Agricolis. -Agricolis.
-埃格利科拉斯 -埃格利科拉斯
-Agricolas. -Agricolas.
-埃格利科利斯 -埃格利科利斯
-Agricolis. -Agricolis.
-再来一遍 埃格利科拉 -埃格利科拉
-Again, please. Agricola. -Agricola.
学习几何要求非常精确
Your study of trigonometry requires absolute precision.
任何人不按时完成作业…
Anyone failing to turn in any homework assignment…
都将会被扣掉一个学分
will be penalized one point off their final grade.
奉劝你们不要以身试法
Let me urge you now not to test me on this point.
笨蛋 笨蛋
Hey, Spaz. Spaz.
脑损伤
Brain damage!
嘘…
Shh!
嗯 来吧
Well, come on.
-走吧 -走吧 伙计们
-Let’s go. -Let’s go, guys.
走吧
Let’s go.
“哦 船长 我的船长”
“O Captain, my Captain.”
有谁知道出自哪儿吗
Who knows where that comes from?
有吗
Anybody?
没人知道
Not a clue?
出自沃尔特·惠特曼为亚伯拉罕·林肯写的一首诗
It’s from a poem by Walt Whitman about Mr Abraham Lincoln.
听好 在班上你们可以叫我基丁老师…
Now in this class you can either call me Mr Keating…
或者有胆量的话就叫”哦 船长 我的船长”
or, if you’re slightly more daring, “O Captain, my Captain.”
我首先要消除一些谣言 免得误人子弟
Now, let me dispel a few rumours so they don’t fester into facts.
没错 我也上过这所地狱学校并活了下来
Yes, I, too, attended Hell-ton and survived.
不过 那时候我可不是你们现在看到的思想巨人
And, no, at that time, I was not the mental giant you see before you.
我的智慧跟一个九十八磅重的弱智差不多
I was the intellectual equivalent of a 98-pound weakling.
我到海滩念诗 人们会把拜伦诗集往我脸上砸
I would go to the beach, and people would kick copies of Byron in my face.
好了…皮茨
Now… Mr Pitts?
这名字太不幸了
That’s a rather unfortunate name.
皮茨 哪位是皮茨
Mr Pitts, where are you?
皮茨 把诗集翻到第五百四十二页
Mr Pitts, would you open your hymnal to page 542.
念一下那首诗的第一节
Read the first stanza of the poem you find there.
“劝少女们珍惜时光”
“To the Virgins to Make Much of Time”?
对 就是那首
Yes, that’s the one.
对你们很合适 对吧
Somewhat appropriate, isn’t it?
“及时采拮你的花蕾”
“Gather ye rosebuds while ye may.
“旧时光一去不回”
“Old Time is still a-flying.
“今天尚在微笑的花朵 明日便在风中枯萎”
And this same flower that smiles today, tomorrow will be dying.”
谢谢你 皮茨
Thank you, Mr Pitts.
“及时采拮你的花蕾”
“Gather ye rosebuds while ye may.”
这种感慨用拉丁语说 就叫”卡匹迪恩”
The Latin term for that sentiment is “Carpe diem. ”
有谁知道是什么意思吗
Now, who knows what that means?
“卡匹迪恩”也就是抓紧时间
Carpe diem. That’s “Seize the day.”
-很好 你叫…-米克斯
-Very good, Mister… -Meeks.
又一个不寻常的名字
Meeks. Another unusual name.
抓紧时间
Seize the day.
“及时采拮你的花蕾”
“Gather ye rosebuds while ye may.”
为什么作者要写这几句话
Why does the writer use these lines?
-因为他很着急 -不 叮
-Because he’s in a hurry. -No! Ding!
不过还是要感谢你的幽默
Thank you for playing anyway.
因为我们是蛆虫的食物
Because we are food for worms, lads.
因为不管你信不信 在这儿的每一个人…
Because, believe it or not, each and every one of us in this room…
有一天都会停止呼吸 变冷 死亡
is one day going to stop breathing, turn cold and die.
你们到前面来
I would like you to step forward over here…
好好看看过去的面孔
and peruse some of the faces from the past.
你们从这儿经过多次了
You’ve walked past them many times.
但肯定没有仔细看过
I don’t think you’ve really looked at them.
他们和你们差别不大 对吧
They’re not that different from you, are they?
同样的发型
Same haircuts.
充满活力 和你们一样
Full of hormones, just like you.
野心勃勃 和你们一样 世界在他们手中
Invincible, just like you feel. The world is their oyster.
相信自己一定能成就伟大的事业 就象你们很多人一样
They believe they’re destined for great things, just like many of you.
他们眼中充满希望 就象你们一样
Their eyes are full of hope, just like you.
但他们是不是就曾经蹉跎而错过…
Did they wait until it was too late…
他们本可能成就的任何事业
to make from their lives even one iota of what they were capable?
因为 你瞧 各位 当年的年轻人已变成了花下之尘
Because, you see, gentlemen, these boys are now fertilizing daffodils.
但如果仔细听…
But if you listen real close…
你们还能听见他们给你们留下的忠告
you can hear them whisper their legacy to you.
来吧 近一点听
Go on, lean in.
听见了吗
Listen. Do you hear it?
卡匹
Carpe.
听见了吗
Hear it?
卡匹
Carpe.
卡匹迪恩
Carpe diem.
抓紧时间 孩子们
Seize the day, boys.
让你的生命不同寻常
Make your lives extraordinary.
-太怪了 -但与众不同
-That was weird. -But different.
是吓人 要我说的话
Spooky, if you ask me.
你觉得这会考吗
Think he’ll test us on that stuff?
行了 卡梅伦 你什么也没听明白
Oh, come on, Cameron. Don’t you get anything?
什么 什么
What? What?
走吧 孩子们 动作快点儿 说你呢 多尔顿
Let’s go, boys. Hustle up in here. That means you, Dalton!
好了 今晚几何学习小组谁参加
Who’s up for a quick study group tonight, guys?
-我 -什么
-Me. -What?
我去不了了 今晚我得去丹伯里家吃饭
I can’t make it, guys. I have to have dinner at the Danburrys’ house tonight.
丹伯里家 谁是丹伯里
The Danburrys? Who are the Danburrys?
废话 关你什么事
Big alums. How’d you swing that?
我爸的朋友 可能都九十多岁了
Friends of my dad’s. They’re probably in their nineties or something.
总比呆在地狱学校强 诺克斯
Anything’s better than Hell-ton hash, Knox.
-说的没错 -嗯 我们明白
-I’ll second that. -Yeah, we’ll see.
今晚活动你参加吗
You coming to the study group tonight?
不 我…有点历史作业要做
Uh… no. No, I…Uh, I’ve got some history I wanna do.
随便你吧
Suit yourself.
好了吗 奥弗斯特里特
Ready, Overstreet?
可以走了
Ready to go, sir.
切特 你去开门吧
Chet, can you get that?
-我忙着呢 妈 -我去开
-I can’t, Mom. -I’ll get it!
请问你找谁
Can I help you?
嗨 我是诺克斯·奥弗斯特里特
Hi. Knox Overstreet.
黑格博士
Uh, Dr Hager.
这是丹伯里家吧
This is the Danburrys’, right?
-你是来找切特的 -丹伯里太太
-Are you here to see Chet? -Mrs Danburry?
-不 -我是丹伯里太太
-No. -Sorry. Thank you. I’m Mrs Danburry.
-你是诺克斯吧 -对
-You must be Knox. -Yes.
九点前回去 进来吧 快进来
Back by 9:00? Please, come on in.
-克里丝 你在干嘛 -切特 我来了
-Chris, come on! -Chet, I’m coming.
诺克斯 你好吗 乔·丹伯里
Knox. How are you? Joe Danburry.
-很高兴见到您 -他简直跟他父亲一个样
-Nice to meet you, sir. -He’s the spitting image of his father.
-他怎么样 进来吧 -克里丝
-How is he? Come on in. -Chris!
-他挺好 刚办了件大案 -这也是你的志向吧
-Great. He just did a big case for G.M. -I know where you’re headed.
-我来了 -有其父 必有其子
-I’m coming. -Like father, like son, huh?
神经病
Ooh! Psycho!
-换个游戏玩 -什么意思
-Another game? -What do you mean?
用X和Y替换这些数字
just replace these numbers here with ‘x, “for ‘x”and ‘y. ”
-当然 -当然 那还有什么问题
-Of course. -Of course. So what’s the problem?
-等一下 -吃得怎么样
-Wait. No. -How was dinner?
-吃得怎么样 -糟透了
-How was dinner? -Terrible.
-难受 -为什么 出什么事了
-Awful. -Why? What happened?
今晚 我见到了我一辈子见过的最漂亮的女孩
Tonight, I met the most beautiful girl I have ever seen in my entire life.
你疯了吗 这有什么不好的
Are you crazy? What’s wrong with that?
她差不多已经和切特·丹伯里订婚了
She’s practically engaged to Chet Danburry.
那家伙该死
That guy could eat a football.
-不好 -不好
-Too bad. -“Too bad”?
这比不好糟多了 这是个悲剧
It’s worse than “too bad,” Pittsie. It’s a tragedy.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!