Sit.
这学期的英语课由我来上完
I’ll be teaching this class through exams.
假期的时候再找一个正式的英语老师
We’ll find a permanent English teacher during the break.
谁能告诉我普里查特的课本学到哪儿了
Who will tell me where you are in the Pritchard textbook?
安德森
Mr Anderson?
-呃 学到…-我听不清 安德森
-Uh, in the, in the Prit… -I can’t hear you, Mr Anderson.
普里查特的课本…
In the, in the, in the Pritchard…
你告诉我吧 卡梅伦
Kindly inform me, Mr Cameron.
很多地方都跳过去了 老师
We skipped around a lot, sir.
学了浪漫主义诗人还有内战后文学的几章
We covered the romantics and some of the chapters on post-Civil War literature.
-现实主义作家呢 -差不多全跳过去了
-What about the realists? -We skipped most of that, sir.
好吧 那我们从头学起
All right, then, we’ll start over.
什么是诗歌♥
What is poetry?
进来
Come!
对不起
Excuse me.
我来拿我的东西
I came for my personals.
要不要我下课再来
Should I come back after class?
现在就拿吧 基丁先生
Get them now, Mr Keating.
各位 翻到前言第二十一页
Gentlemen, turn to page 21 of the introduction.
卡梅伦
Mr Cameron,
把普里查特博士…
read aloud the excellent essay by Dr Pritchard…
这篇题为”诗歌♥鉴赏”的文章念一遍
on “Understanding Poetry. ”
这一页被撕掉了 老师
That page has been ripped out, sir.
那就借一下别人的
Well, borrow somebody else’s book.
他们全都撕了 老师
They’re all ripped out, sir.
你是什么意思 全都撕了
What do you mean, “They’re all ripped out”?
-老师 我们…-没关系
-Sir, we…Ac… -Never mind.
念吧
Read.
“诗歌♥鉴赏” 作者J·埃文斯·普里查特博士
‘Understanding Poetry’ by DrJ. Evans Pritchard, Ph.D.
“要完全理解诗歌♥ 我们首先必须了解…”
“To fully understand poetry, we must first be fluent…
它的格调 韵律和修辞手法”
“with its metre, rhyme and figures of speech.
“然后提两个问题 第一”
“Then ask two questions. One:
“诗歌♥的主题是如何艺术地实现的”
“How artfully has the objective of the poem been rendered?
“第二…”
“And, two:
“该主题的重要性如何”
“How important is that objective?
“第一个问题解决的是诗歌♥的艺术性”
“Question one rates the poem’s perfection.
“第二个问题回答的是它的重要性”
“Question two rates its importance.
“一旦弄清这两个问题”
‘And once these questions have been answered,
“判断该诗的优劣也就不是个太难的问题了”
“determining a poem’s greatness becomes a relatively simple matter.
“如果把诗歌♥艺术性的得分画在图表的横轴上
If the poem’s score for perfection is plotted
把它的重要性…”
on the horizontal of a graph…”
基丁老师 是他们逼我们签字
Mr Keating! They made everybody sign it.
安静 安德森
Quiet, Mr Anderson!
-请你相信我 是真的 -我相信你 托德
-You’ve got to believe me. It’s true. -I do believe you, Todd.
-走吧 基丁 -这不是他的错
-Leave, Mr Keating. -But it wasn’t his fault!
坐下 安德森 你再说话或者有谁敢说话…
Sit down, Mr Anderson! One more outburst from you or anyone else,
就开除谁
and you’re out of this school!
走吧 基丁
Leave, Mr Keating.
我叫你走 基丁先生
I said, “Leave, Mr Keating.”
-哦 船长 我的船长 -坐下 安德森
-O Captain, my Captain. -Sit down, Mr Anderson.
听见没有 坐下
Do you hear me? Sit down!
坐下
Sit down!
最后警告你一次 安德森
This is your final warning, Anderson.
大胆 听见没有
How dare you. Do you hear me?
哦 船长 我的船长
O Captain, my Captain.
奥弗斯特里特 我警告你
Mr Overstreet, I warn you!
坐下
Sit down!
坐下
Sit down!
坐下 全都坐下 我叫你们坐下
Sit down! All of you! I want you seated!
坐下 走吧 基丁先生
Sit down! Leave, Mr Keating.
全都坐下 快坐下
All of you, down! I want you seated!
没听见吗
Do you hear me?
坐下
Sit down!
谢谢 孩子们
Thank you, boys.
谢谢你们
Thank you.