他讨厌那样 这让他抓狂
He hated that. Drove him crazy.
剧本就是那样写的
You know, it’s on the page
你就得琢磨出怎么去拍
and you gotta figure out how to do it.
但是实质上那并不是你的想法
But it doesn’t come from you essentially.
你只是执行别人的想法而已
You’re basically directing somebody else’s ideas.
然后努力去做到最好
And you’re trying to do the best that you can.
但这不是我最喜欢的
But it’s not one of my favorite films
电影之一
by a long shot.
我是丹尼斯·伯德 这是我的生活
I’m Dennis Bird. And this is my life.
我有个想法 也就是教学生怎么拍电影
I had this idea about the way to teach film
家庭电影 (1980)
这才是真正制♥作♥低成本电影的方式
would be to actually make a low-budget feature.
我决定在莎拉·劳伦斯学院试一试
I decided to try this idea out at Sarah Lawrence
看我能不能教一个班
and see if I could just teach a class
而在课堂上我教授的一切都是
which consisted of what you have to do
以拍一部电影为目的
in order to create a motion picture feature.
如果连怎么拍一部低成本电影都不知道
What’s the point of film school
那电影学院的意义何在
if you don’t know how to make a low-budget movie?
因为那就是你最终
Because that’s what you’re going to be
要面对的事
faced with eventually.
这个想法来自我家里发生的故事
I had this idea based on stories
然后我和班里的同学一起
about my family and with the class
完善了剧本
we developed the script.
嗨 爸爸 – 嗨
Oh, hi, Dad. -Hi.
我以为它会变成这样
I thought it was just going to be
“哦 我们会去莎拉·劳伦斯学院
“Oh, we’ll go to Sarah Lawrence
教学生这个 然后”
and we’ll teach this, and–”
这就像是在拍电影一样
Well, it was like making a movie.
我的意思是 这和拍电影一样
I mean, it was just as exhausting
让人精疲力尽
as when you make a movie.
嘿 你看自己拍的东西都能睡着
Hey! You’re zonked out in your own rushes.
你知道这有多危险吗
You realize how dangerous that is?
我们必须筹集资金
We had to raise the money.
当然了 你们都知道
And of course, as you know,
当你为独♥立♥电影
when you’re raising money
募集资金时
for independent features
避税的牙医就会在第九个小时
you know, the tax shelter dentist
假装摔倒
fell out at the ninth hour.
我打电♥话♥给史蒂芬和乔治 我说
And I called up Steven and George and I said,
“你们两个人要捐点钱
“You guys are going to contribute
给这部电影 因为 牙医
some money to this because… the dentist
刚刚摔倒了”
just fell out.”
有几个人提出要买♥♥下这部电影
I had a couple of people offering to buy it.
它只值三十万
It only cost $300,000.
我当时正试着和联美影业做交易
I was trying to make a deal with United Artists
不过这是西米诺灾难
but this was the great year
大爆发的一年
of Cimino’s catastrophe over there.
我们最后和他们达成了协议
We finally made a deal with them
他们在第57大街上公映了那部电影
and they opened it up on 57th Street.
那部电影收到了一些好评
It got some good reviews
上演了差不多两个星期
and played for about two weeks.
我买♥♥了《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》的广♥告♥
I bought The New York Times ad.
电影教学让人失望的地方就是
What’s disappointing about teaching film
他们中99%的人都没有目标
is that, you know, 99% of them are going nowhere.
没人有自己的事业 这真是个 真是个奇迹
Anybody that has a career, it’s a– It’s a miracle.
《剃刀边缘》是部很火的剧本
Dressed to Kill was a very hot script.
剃刀边缘 (1980)
这个剧本我卖♥♥了一百万美元
And I sold the script for a million dollars,
这真是”不可置信”
which is like, “Holy mackerel.”
整件事都进行得很顺利
It all went extremely well.
这部电影 预演反响不错
The picture, you know, previewed well.
这是事事顺利的影片中的其中一部
It’s one of those pictures where everything worked.
有时候我的脑袋中会有一些想法
You know, and sometimes I have these ideas in my head.
直到它们融进整部电影时
And until they gel into a whole movie,
才会变得完整
they sort of circle around.
我在小说《虎口巡航》的基础上
I’d written a script
写了一个剧本
based on the book Cruising,
威廉·弗莱德金最终完成了它
which ultimately William Friedkin made.
然后 在哥伦比亚的那些日子
And then, you know, from my days at Columbia
我的室友和我
where my roommate and I
经常会去现代艺术博物馆
used to go to the Museum of Modern Art
看画 看漂亮姑娘
and look at the pictures and the pretty girls,
我在现代艺术博物馆
I got this idea of this pick-up
有了这个搭讪妹子的想法
at the Museum of Modern Art.
你懂的 一个没有被满足的
And you know, this dissatisfied,
家庭主妇
you know, housewife
她在寻找目标 然后就被钓上钩了
and she’s cruising along and she gets picked up.
我想当我最后写到变性人部分时
And I think it came together when I finally got
整个想法才变得完整了
the whole transsexual section of it.
“我是一个寄居在男人
The idea of “I’m a woman living
身体里的女人的想法”
in a man’s body.”
那里有很多关于强壮男子的事
There’s a lot of macho things there.
这在变性者中很常见
This is very common among transsexuals.
你发现 – 你知道
You find, um– -You know,
这有点像是完美版本的《姐妹情仇》
it was sort of perfect kind of Sisters,
好的一半 坏的一半
the good half, the bad half.
事实上 当他的情欲被激起时
The fact when he gets aroused, you know,
就意味着他的阴♥茎♥在变大
that means his penis is growing
他不可能成为一个女人
and he can’t be a woman.
你觉得我有魅力吗
Do you find me attractive?
当然了
Of course.
你想和我一起睡觉吗
Would you want to sleep with me?
他必须阻止
And he’s got to stop
任何能够唤醒他情欲的事
whatever is making, you know, him get aroused
当然 这使他杀了安吉
and of course, leads to him murdering Angie.
《剃刀边缘》引起了非常大的争议
There’s a big controversy over Dressed to Kill
因为我跟评级委员会大吵了一架
because of my fight with the ratings board.
然后这次争吵还见报了
And that got into the press.
我还收到了许多愤怒的抗♥议♥
And I got a lot of angry protests
因为电影中对女性的暴♥力♥情节
because of the violence against women.
就是 又一次 在《惊魂记》
You know,again it’s structured
这部电影的结构上
with, you know, Psycho,
在电影的前二三十分钟里就
bumping off the lead character
搞死了主角
in the first 20,30 minutes of the movie.
在电梯那一幕戏中
In the elevator scene,
砍杀安吉的是迈克尔的替身
it’s Michael’s double that is slashing Angie.
我知道戴着墨镜还有假发什么的
I just knew you wouldn’t recognize him
人们是不会认出他的
with the dark glasses and the wig and everything,
而且我也不会给他太多镜头
and I wasn’t going to show that much of him.
当时我说 “既然我们都看不清楚
And I said, “You know,why get Michael in this outfit
那为什么还要迈克尔穿那么一身呢”
if you’re not really going to see him.”
整个基斯·戈登这个角色
The whole Keith Gordon character
就来源于
came from, you know,
我和我的科学竞赛项目
me and my science fair projects,
还有跟踪别人
and following people around.
当年我父亲有外遇的时候
I used to follow my father around
我曾经跟踪过他
when he was cheating on my mother.
拍他的照片
I took photographs of him.
就是 可以看到
You know, could see
一个女人进去出来什么的
a woman going in and out and stuff like that.
一切都是在他的办公室发生的
It was all taking place at his office,
就在我们家楼下那条街上
which was down the street from our house.
然后我一拳打碎玻璃门
And I’d broken into the office
闯进他的办公室
by ramming my fist through the glass door.
当时我还带着一把刀
And I was carry– I had a knife with me
我威胁他 问他 “她在哪儿”
and I threatened him,and I said, “Where is she?”
然后我翻遍他的办公室
And I had to search through the office
最后从三楼的一个衣柜里
and I finally found her in a closet
找到了她
on the third floor.
我至少能这么说
Well, he was a little bit surprised
他当时有点吃惊
to say the least.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!