and that’s how I got the job.
拉里·科恩写了剧本
Larry Cohen had written the script.
魔女嘉莉
编剧
劳伦斯· D· 科恩
改编自
史蒂芬·金的小说

来自苏珊·斯内尔的作品《我的名字是苏珊·斯内尔》(纽约:西蒙&舒斯特,1986)

来自威斯多佛周刊《企业》新增内容,1966年8月16
看起来很不错
It was in pretty good shape.
但我立即去掉了括号♥里的内容
But I got rid of the brackets immediately.
那些都被说过了
You know, it’s all told,
苏·斯内尔被拷问
Sue Snell was being interrogated.
倒叙中已经全部说明了
And it’s all done in flashbacks
到底发生了什么
about what happened.
我们准备拍摄工作
We kept on coming in with a budget
预算是180万 但是他们说
of a $1.8 million and they said,
“我们不会花180万拍这部电影的
“We’re not making it at $1.8 million.
只能是160万”
It’s got to be $1.6 million.”
然后我说 就像我那部
And I said– You know, just like
《了解新手》的经历
my Get to Know Your Rabbit experience–
我说 “听着 这部电影就值这么多钱
I said, “Guys, that’s what it costs.
值180万”
It’s $1.8 million.”
他们说 那好吧
And they said fine.
然后他们就开始把家具
And then they started moving
从我的办公室里搬出去
the furniture out of my office.
电影就被砍了
The movie had been cancelled.
因此 我那周就回家了 然后思考这件事
So, I went home that weekend and thought about it.
不知怎么的我又回去了 说
And I somehow came back and said,
“我一直在想这件事
“You know,I’ve been thinking about it.
如果我们换个地方拍的话
If we moved this and changed this around,
也许160万就够用了”
maybe we can do it for $1.6 million.
然后他们说 “好样的 去拍吧”
And they said,”Great. It’s a go.”
当然还是花了180万
And of course it cost $1.8 million.
乔治和我同时在挑《星球大战》
George and I were casting Star Wars and Carrie
和《魔女嘉莉》的演员
at the same time.
乔治选角行动就像是 大型招聘会
George was doing like,a huge cattle call,
科特·拉塞尔
《星球大战》试镜
哈里森·福特
《星球大战》试镜
马克·哈米尔
《星球大战》试镜
威廉·凯特
《星球大战》试镜
埃米·欧文
《星球大战》试镜
因为他盯着好莱坞的每一个
because he was looking at every young actor
年轻演员
in Hollywood.
然后我说 “乔治
And I said, “George,
我们一起选角吧”
let’s do this together.
我们要找的是同一种演员
We’re looking at the same types of actors.
我觉得艾米很适合扮演
I think Amy got pretty close
莉娅公主
to playing Princess Leah.
所有的资料库都在R2那里
All the data banks in R2
还很安全 – 这两个演员
are still secure. -And that’s where these
就是这么选出来的
two casts came from.
我在一部关于一个青少年怀孕又流产的电影里
I’d seen a young actress that was in some movie
我们的时间 (1974)
导演 彼得·海姆斯
看到一个年轻的
about a teenager that gets pregnant
女演员
and has an abortion.
我当时确定她就是
And I was sure she was like,
扮演嘉莉的最佳人选
perfect for Carrie.
我 我很努力地和她合作
And I had– And I worked with her very hard.
因为我们必须拍摄
You know, because we had to shoot
所有的试镜头
all these screen tests.
茜茜过来问我
Sissy came to me and asked
能不能让她试一试 我因为《魅影天堂》
if she could try out because I knew Sissy
认识了茜茜 因为她是
from Phantom because she was
杰克·菲斯克
艺术指导
杰克·菲斯克的女朋友
Jack Fisk’s girlfriend,
还有 她在画布景
and, you know, was painting sets.
但是同一周她接了一个广♥告♥
But then she got a commercial that same weekend
我们当时正在试镜
we were shooting these tests
然后她问 “我是应该去拍广♥告♥
and said, “Should I go do the commercial
还是留在这里试镜呢”
or stay here and try out?”
然后我说 “茜茜 我真的更倾向选
And I said “Sissy, I’m really leaning towards
另一个女孩 但是…”
this other girl but…”
工作室也并不希望我
And the studio didn’t even want me
让茜茜试镜
to try out Sissy.
他们就觉得她完全不合适
They just thought she was just physically wrong.
而且我 然后茜茜说 不 我会参加试镜
And I– And Sissy said no, I’ll do the tryout.
然后当然 当她参加了试镜
And of course, when she did the test
让否定她的人看起来像个傻子
she made everybody look silly.
魔女嘉莉
我不知道哪里来的这个想法
I don’t know where I got the idea
就是在浴室里的慢镜头
for the slow motion in the shower.
主 演
茜茜·斯派塞克
导 演
布莱恩·德·帕尔玛
所有的裸♥露♥镜头都是个大难题
Big problem with all the nudity
因为女孩们觉得难为情
because the girls are all very self-conscious.
不过事实上大概两天之前
But the fact that we shot like two days before
我们拍了所有茜茜全♥裸♥的特写镜头
with Sissy completely naked doing all the close-ups,
还有大量鲜血的往下流
you know, with the blood that comes down.
所以她们就想 “嘿 既然茜茜能拍的话
So they figured, “Hey, if Sissy
那我们也能”
can do it… we’ll do it.”
救命
Help.
我因为那些层光分割手法
You know,I get a lot of criticisms
受到了很多批评
because of these kind of juxtapositions,
不过在我看来它们完全合乎逻辑
but to me they seem perfectly logical.
她生理期到了 有点歇斯底里
I mean, she has her period.She’s hysterical.
她去寻求帮助
She goes for help and the girls
而那些女孩就是
basically, you know,
在浴室的角落里欺负她
beat her down in the corner of the shower.
很难拍的一场戏
A very difficult scene to do.
那就是希区柯克常说的
That’s what Hitchcock always said.
我的意思是 有趣的事
I mean, it’s always the run-up
总是发生在准备的过程中
to what happens that’s interesting.
在我的电影里可以很明显看出来
And you obviously see in my movies
前期准备永远在继续
the run-up goes on forever.
对 确实是
Yes, they did.
这太奇妙了
Yeah, that’s fantastic.
我拍过很多
You know, many times I’d be doing
很复杂的镜头
very complicated shots
没人能懂
and nobody would understand
我在做什么
what I was doing.
有八个镜头
You know, that figure eight shot
是听着民谣拍的
where, you know, you go with the ballads,
总是让人没法专心
brings you all the way up to the side.
你把镜头移到那桶鲜血的顶端
You go over the top of the blood
然后又把镜头移回茜茜身上 她站起来了
then zoom back to Sissy and she gets up.
向各位介绍汤米·罗斯
I give you Tommy Ross
和嘉莉·怀特
and Carrie White.
那个镜头拍了一天
That shot took a day to shoot.
说真的 制片厂的负责人走下来
Literally, the head of the studio came down
问我到底在搞什么鬼
and asked what the hell I was doing.
好像在说 “你想拍这个
And it’s like, “You want to shoot this?
随你吧”
Be my guest.”
我确实是在手术室里长大的
I did grow up in an operating room.
我见过很多血
I saw a lot of blood.
我父亲是个整形外科医生
My father was an orthopedic surgeon.
我以前经常去医院
And I used to go to the hospital
看他做手术
and watch him operate.
你根本想象不出手术室里
You can’t imagine how much blood
到底充斥着多少血
is flying around in an operating room.
又锯又摔的
With the sawing and the wrestling
根本不像是眼部手术
and it’s not like eye surgery,
太暴♥力♥了
it’s really physical.
我们电影里的血

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!