Jennifer Salt was in the Sarah Lawrence workshop.
詹妮弗·绍特
听起来就像是自♥由♥性♥爱♥
Well,that sounds like free love,
那圣洁呢
what about purity?
婚礼派对
The wedding party
是德尼罗的第一部电影
was De Niro’s first movie.
鲍比来参加选角
Bobby came into a casting session
威尔和我在百老汇的阁楼里
and Will and I were in the loft on Broadway.
他是房♥间里最后一个人
He’s like the last guy in the room.
非常安静 害羞
And he’s very quiet, shy.
他说他上课的时候
And then he said he had something
准备了一些东西
he prepared in class.
然后他就离开了
Then he went out,
我和威尔
and Will and I were sort of
就这么看着对方
looking at each other
然后大概二十分钟后
and like,20 minutes from–
我们以为他离开了
We thought he’d left.
那是在晚上
It was at night.
他突然冲进来
And then he burst through the door
表演了克利福德·奥德茨戏剧里的一幕
and does a scene from Clifford Odets’s play.
我想是关于出租车罢♥工♥的
Strike, I think about the cab strike.
那种感觉 就像你在
And it was like– You were like
看着李·科布
watching Lee J. Cobb
在工会进行激昂的演讲一般
rant in front of the union guys.
这家伙真是让人惊叹
It was like holy mackerel.
唯一一个有生命的地方 就是海滩
The one place where there’s life, the beach.
码头 是一个
The dock,where there’s something–
可以连接到大♥陆♥的地方
A connection to the mainland.
然后你就你走 绕着海滩走
And you walk– Start walking around the beach.
最讽刺的是
The great irony was
我们共同导演了《婚礼派对》
that we co-directed The Wedding Party.
而我也是在那个时候
That’s when I saw and knew more
比威尔·福德看了更多电影
about motion picture directing
也更了解如何导演
than Wilford did.
比尔·芬利鲍勃·德·尼罗和
We had the scene with Bill Finley,
查理·弗吕格有一场戏
Bob De Niro and Charlie Pfluger
威廉姆·芬利
罗伯特·德尼罗
查理·弗吕格
这场戏中他们俩极力劝他
where the two boys are trying to convince him
不要结婚
not to get married.
在拍摄的时候
We were shooting it
我发现我们这样没办法拍
and I could see that we were never able to do the shot.
而且 拍得也不好
Plus, it was not a good shot.
因为我们在拍摄的是
Because basically we’re shooting
三个人站在篱笆前
three guys against the hedge.
你用镜头拍到的
You know, you weren’t getting any value
都是毫无价值的东西
out of the motion of the camera.
而威尔一再坚持让我们这么拍
And Will kept on insisting that we do it this way.
然后他感到有些挫败
And then Will kind of got frustrated,
我就跟他说 “威尔 我们换种方式吧”
and I said,”Will, let me block this act
因为这样拍不对 拍得太烂了
because this is not the way,this is shit work.
所以我换了一种截然不同的方式
So, I blocked it out a whole different way.
把这场戏拆分为一连串的镜头
Broke the whole thing up into a whole bunch of shots.
事实证明我成功了
And– And I made the shot work.
而他错了
And he was wrong.
在那个时期
I shot a lot of documentaries
我拍摄了大量的纪录片来充实自己
in that period in order to support myself
当我念到研究生时
while I was in graduate school.
灵眼 (1966)
我拍了一部关于现代艺术博物馆
I shot a documentary about the OP Art opening
艺术展开幕式的纪录片 那部作品大获成功
at the Museum of Modern Art,which was pretty successful.
我是一个很棒的摄影师
I was a very good cameraman.
我对于跟踪拍摄 捕捉未知
You know, and I had a really good sense
有很棒的掌控力
how to follow a scene and see what was happening.
自己亲力亲的好处就在于
Well, the advantage of doing everything yourself
我对每一个环节都了如指掌
is that I did everything.
我明白当我不用每天在拍摄结束后
I figured I’d really hit the big time
还要收拾设备带回出租屋
when I didn’t have to pack up the equipment
到那时 我就真的成功了
at the end of the day and take it back to the rental house.
摩登女郎谋杀案 (1968)
在《摩登女郎谋杀案》中
You see a lot of the sort of Hitchcockian things
你会看到很多希区柯克式的东西
in Murder a la Mod.
许多风格鲜明的疯狂场景
A lot of stylistic madness going on.
关于詹妮弗 有个场景是
You have the scene of Jennifer,
我在努力说服她
you know,me trying to talk her
在镜头前脱下衣服
into taking her clothes off for the camera.
这个场景需要很性感吗
Is this supposed to be sexy?
嗯 就是这样
Well, yeah,you’re supposed to be,
就稍微跳一点脱衣舞
you know, doing sort of strip tease for us.
这个场景其实就跟
Which is very much like the same scene
《黑色大丽花》中的一个场景一样
that I did in The Black Dahlia
黑色大丽花 (2006)
片中我采访了一个女演员
where I’m interviewing an actress.
你在这住了多久 – 两年
How long have you lived here? -Two years.
你没有口音了吗 – 是啊
You lost your accent? -Yeah.
所以那时的一些想法
So, some of that stuff I,
我就开始用在
you know,started to play with
《摩登女郎谋杀案》中
in Murder a la Mod.
我们不得不在
We had to release it ourselves
第十二街和第二大街上公开放映
over on 12th Street and Second Avenue.
我真的是拉着街上的人来看
I was literally pulling people off the street to go see it.
当我在莎拉·劳伦斯学院念研究生的时候
When I was a graduate student at Sarah Lawrence,
■
布莱恩·德·帕尔玛在莎拉·劳伦斯学院
就读文学硕士时拍摄了五部实验电影
环球影业替我付学费
Universal Pictures paid my tuition.
我从莎拉·劳伦斯学院毕业后
When I got out of Sarah Lawrence
就加入了环球影业的
I got into a new talents program
一个人才新项目 再次开始写作
at Universal,and again I was writing stuff
但是根本没人看
but nobody ever read anything.
注:查克·赫希 美国电影导演
查克·赫希和我深受挫败
And we became so frustrated,Chuck Hirsch and I,
所以我们决定自己拍电影
that we decided to make a movie ourselves.
“帅气逃兵”
《帅气逃兵》这部电影
Greetings was
帅气逃兵 (1968)
中国姑娘 (1967)
导演 让-吕克·戈达尔
周末 (1967)
导演 让-吕克·戈达尔
更多受到戈达尔的影响
the more Godardian influenced movie.
我们当然在纽约电影节上
Of course we were seeing all the Godard movies
看过戈达尔的所有电影
at the New York Film Festival.
我们从他的电影中得到的启示接连不断
They were all a revelation one after another.
我尤其记得《周末》 “这部真是太棒了”
I especially remember Weekend,going “Holy mackerel.”
我的电影还受到了
And very much influenced
当时政♥治♥上的影响
by what was going on politically.
你 你到底在干什么
What you– What are you finding space for?
我 我在挑战
Well, you know, I’m trying to get
挑战我的生理极限
in my pre-induction physical side.
我是说 如果你
I mean, if you wanted
不想参加战争
to stay out of the war
并且你还是一个中产阶级的孩子
and you were a middle-class kid
你能想到的办法只有一个
you could figure out a way to do it.
最终我还是得参军
I finally had to go in
所以我想方设法从医生那拿了个证明
and I had a letter from a doctor.
我那时尝试各种各样的东西让自己过敏
I took everything to make me allergic
这样我才呼吸困难
so I could hardly breathe.
整夜睡不着觉
I was up all night
一直在大力喘气
and I was running around wheezing.
我们让他两天没合过眼
We kept him awake for two days.
不能让他这样下去
We can’t keep him going like that.
他们直接把我带去
They took me right
看心理医生
to the psychiatrist.
嘿 劳埃德 你来演心理医生
Hey, Lloyd. You be the psychiatrist.
我不得不死盯着他的额头
I had to dead stare right at his forehead
告诉他当个同性恋是什么感觉
and talked about my homosexual feelings.
就直接走向警长
Just walk right up to the sergeant.