Most of my movies are about megalomania
疤面煞星 (1983)
生活在自己小宇宙中的人
and guys living in insulated universes
以及在那些小宇宙中
and the crazy things that happen
发生的疯狂的事
within those insulated universes,
就是这样的东西
which is something hat continues
一直令我着迷
to fascinate me.
马蒂·布雷格曼找到我
Marty Bregman came to me
疤面人 (1932)
导演 霍德华·霍克斯, 理查德·罗森
因为阿尔想翻拍一版《疤面煞星》
because Al wanted to do a version of Scarface.
世界是你的
库克巡演
《疤面煞星》本来是想拍
And the original idea for Scarface
芝加哥王阿尔·卡朋的故事
was to do Al Capone,Chicago.
马蒂告诉我说他和阿尔
Marty told me that he and Al
想和戴维·拉伯一起写剧本
wanted to develop a script with David Rabe
而我当时刚跟戴维·拉伯
and I had recently worked with David Rabe
合作了《城市王子》的剧本
developing a script, Prince of the City,
罗伯特·戴利
—————————
城市王子
—————————
一个知道的太多的
警♥察♥的真实故事
讲的是一个嗑药的腐♥败♥警♥察♥
on a corrupt narcotics cop,
我最终没能拍这部电影
that I ultimately didn’t get to make.
但是我们花了一年的时间一起写剧本
But we had spent a year working on the script,
所以我很熟悉戴维的工作流程
so I was very familiar
知道怎么和他合作
with working with David and his process.
戴维 当我们开始写这个剧本的时候
David, when we started to do the script
戴维·拉伯
他说 “剧本我可以写
said, “I will do the script
但是我不想跟
but I don’t want to have to work
布雷格曼和阿尔一起工作
with Bregman and Al.
我们要像写《城市王子》一样
We’ll do it together like we did
一起做这件事”
Prince of the City.
然后阿尔找到我
And then Alcame to meet with me
了解事情的进展
to see how things were going
然后我把情况解释给他听
and I explained to him how it was going
然后当天晚上晚些时候我接到布雷格曼的电♥话♥
and I got a call from Bregman later that night
说阿尔对剧本很不满意
saying Al’s all upset about the script.
他想明天早上跟戴维开个会讨论一下
He wants to have a meeting with David tomorrow.
我告诉马蒂·布雷格曼如果我让戴维来开会
I told Marty Bregman David will quit
马丁·布雷格曼
他会退出的
if I ask him to come to a meeting.
我怎么说他都不相信戴维会退出
I couldn’t convince him that David would quit,
所以我打给戴维
so I called David up
我说他们想明天开个会
and I said they want to meet tomorrow
讨论剧本的事 然后戴维说 我退出
about the script,and David says I quit.
在我们那个时代
You know,I came up with an era
你和编剧是一条船上的
that you went down with the writer.
如果编剧被炒了 你也不会继续下去的
If the writer got fired,you walked.
你不会说 “好吧 我们再找
You didn’t say,”Well, let’s get
三四个你喜欢的编剧吧”
three or four more writers that you happen to like.”
所以 第二天我打电♥话♥给布雷格曼
So, I called up Bregman the next day
我跟他说 “对不起
and said “I’m sorry,
这事儿看起来没法解决了
this doesn’t look like it’s going to work out.
这部电影我没法导了”
I can’t do the movie.”
然后他们请到了西德尼和奥利弗
And then they hired Sidney and Oliver
西德尼·吕美特
然后西德尼和奥利弗想出了
and Sidney and Oliver came up with the whole, you know,
疤 面 煞 星
奥利弗·斯通
在南佛罗里达拍摄《古巴疤面煞星》
Cuban Scarface set in South Florida.
非常讽刺的一点在于
Well, the terrible irony of that is
《城市王子》的剧本是我写的
that I developed the script of Prince of the City,
我认为那个剧本非常棒
which I thought was a great script.
我花了一年半时间研究
I spent a year and a half with Bob Lucy,
那个警♥察♥的原型 鲍勃·露西
the cop that it’s all based on.
当马特对它感兴趣后
And when Matt got interested in it
想用另一个编剧做这个项目
and through another writer,wanted to do the project
然后联美公♥司♥的人就把我们炒了
and the United Artists people fired us.
再然后我就知道了西德尼和马特正在
The next thing I knew Sidney and Matt was making the movie
和别人一起拍那部电影
with somebody else.
所以 我基本上是觉得
So, I feel Sidney had basically,
西德尼从我手中把那部电影偷走了
you know, stolen this movie from me.
而当然 讽刺之处在于 一年以后
And the irony, of course,is a year later
他们又请我去拍西德尼写的电影
they offer me the movie that Sidney had developed.
一开始我们在佛罗里达拍
Well, first we started in Florida
然后被古巴人赶出来了
and got run out by the Cubans.
他们就那么把我们从城里赶出来了
They just ran us out of town.
他们不喜欢剧本的内容
They didn’t like the– What the script was about.
制♥作♥人再次威胁将放弃电影《疤面煞星》
他们觉得我们把所有的古巴人都写成黑帮分子
They thought we were making all Cubans gangsters.
我在那儿做了好几个月的前期工作
I was there for months,you know, scouting things
然后 最终我们不得不
and– And then we ultimately had
回到加利福尼亚拍摄
to pull the whole picture back to California.
当时我说我希望影片
And I said I wanted to have this
充满热带风情
very acrylic tropical look.
我不想拍《教父》中的那种黑帮
I don’t want these Godfather gangsters
所有人都在阴暗的房♥间里
where everybody’s, you know,with dark rooms
几乎什么都看不清
and you can hardly see anything.
这部电影该是明亮的 这里可是迈阿密
This should be bright.This is Miami.
白色的服装 柔和的色彩
And white suits, pastels.
所以我非常清楚电影拍出来应该是什么效果
So, I had a very strong idea of what it should look like.
我们拍摄期间又发生了什么事呢
Well, what happened when we were doing this shoot-out,
阿尔拿枪的时候抓到了
Al grabbed his gun and grabbed it by the barrel,
烧红的枪管
which was red hot,
烫伤了他的手
and seared his hand.
他不得不住院
And he had to go to the hospital
然后我们有两周都不能
and we couldn’t shoot with him
拍摄他的镜头 所以
for two weeks, so it–
所以基本上 有两周我拍的都是没有阿尔的场景
So basically, I had two weeks to shoot everything but Al.
所以 不用说 能想到的拍法我都试过了
So, needless to say,I shot every conceivable way.
在我等我的明星回归的时候
If somebody could shoot at somebody else
谁和谁是可以互相射击的
while I was waiting for my star to return.
史蒂文闲逛过来 我们拍了几个镜头
Steven wandered over.We did a few shots.
“你觉得这个怎么样 史蒂夫
“What do you think about this Steve?
在这儿在加个机位怎么样
Should we put another camera up here?
干嘛不加呢”
Why not?”
当时可以说是每个人都在开枪
I mean, everybody was shooting.
人人都在枪战
People shooting at people.
我当时的工作是阐述导演
I’m working as an interpretive director.
奥利弗曾执导过一部电影
Oliver had directed one movie,
血手 (1981)
导演 奥利弗·斯通
他觉得我拍电影的方式
and he felt that I wasn’t doing the movie
跟他想要的不一样
the way he wanted to do it.
而最终我不得不
And I ultimately had to have him
把他的职务免去
taken off the set.
因为他也会跟演员讲戏
Because he was talking to the actors.
你不能让演员
You can’t have an actor
从两个不同的人那里
getting two different points of view
接收到两个不同的观点
from two different people.
那只会让他们感到困惑
It just confuses them.
他们只需要听到一种声音
They need a single voice.
剧本完全改编自真实事件
Script’s all based on real material.
奥利弗在体验研究期间差点被杀了
You know, Oliver almost got killed researching.
他们以为他是卧底缉毒警
They thought he was some kind of narc.
他深入了极为危险的区域
You know, he went into really dangerous territory.
我想让这一点能从电影中反映出来
And I wanted that reflected in the movie.
那种人们前所未见的
I mean, this was a dangerous level
帮派暴♥力♥的
of mob violence
危险等级
that they had never seen before.
我从《帅气逃兵》开始就
I had been battling with the ratings board
在跟评级委员会斗争
since Greetings.
然后在《疤面煞星》得到了一个了结
And it came to a conclusion over Scarface.
这部电影我提交了三次 每次都被评为限制级
I submitted it three times and it kept on getting X’s
然后我说 “就这样了 我不会再改了”
and then I said, “Absolutely, I’m not changing it anymore.”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!