罗迪,你必须回医院见威尔赫医生
Rowdy, it’s imperative that you get back to Daytona Memorial and see Dr. Wilhaire.
一支新车队参加温斯顿杯赛
The report on the birth of another new Winston Cup team.
我背后有一部橙蓝色的
Behind me, the bright orange and blue colors of Hardee’s
雪佛莱 谁是车主?毫无疑问,是拉斯·惠勒
adorn this Chevrolet. Who’s the driver? Well, to no one’s surprise, it’s Russ Wheeler,
就在几周前,这位年轻人出色地替补了受伤的科尔·特里科勒
the young man who subbed so superbly just weeks ago for the injured Cole Trickle.
胡说八道
Listen to this horseshit.
在我身旁的是车主蒂姆·达兰德
Now joined by car owner, Tim Daland. Now, Tim, my question now is,
你旗下有两名好手
you’ve got two competitive spirits here,
会否构成冲突?
and will these competitive spirits cause you a conflict?
两支车队会保持独♥立♥
Well, of course, Jerry, we believe that we can
各自为政
maintain the integrity and the independence of these two race teams,
否则我们不会组织两支车队
otherwise, we wouldn’t be doing it.
蒂姆,你会捧哪位车手?
Who will you be rooting for come Sunday, Tim?
每一圈我都会平等地向他挥手
Well, I tell you, Jerry, I’ll even wave to him every time I lap him.
(亚特兰大,乔治亚州)
你应该安装支架
These new tires are terrible. You should have put on scuffs.
你开得很好
You’re doing good, Cole.
有点不稳定
I’m too loose.
这部车有问题
The car just feels all wrong.
什么事? 科尔心情不好
What’s wrong? – Cole’s upset.
为什么? 他不想赛车
What about? – About being in that racecar.
惠勒越过八号♥车 他从内线爬你头
Wheeler just passed the eighth car. He’s coming up on your inside.
我的天
Jesus!
发生什么事? -引擎烧着了
What happened? – The engine blew.
为什么? 我不是修车的
How? – I’m not a mechanic, Harry.
克莱尔,我在乔治亚 罗迪在北卡罗来纳
Claire, I’m in Georgia today. Rowdy’s in North Carolina.
得找人劝他来医院
Well, somebody better talk him into coming down here.
克莱尔 急症室有病人等你
Claire, we’ve got a trauma in the ER.
他脑出血 延迟就医
He’s almost certainly hemorrhaging. The longer he ignores it,
只会令病情恶化
the more damage is gonna be done to his brain.
他是你的朋友
He’s your friend, Cole.
科尔在哪里? -他讲电♥话♥
Where’s Cole? – He’s on the phone.
给他一点私人时间
He could use a little privacy.
他怎么了?
What’s wrong with him?
是你害了他
I’ll tell you what’s wrong in this deal, it’s you, Tim.
你自食其果
You’re a victim of your own goddamn creation.
两支车队…一山不能藏二虎
Two race teams! That’s one too many roosters in the hen house.
拉斯·惠勒倒没有埋怨
It doesn’t seem to bother Russ Wheeler.
那场车祸发生后
Oh, no, no, no. Ever since that Daytona crash,
科尔被视为滋事者
Cole’s been called a troublemaker.
于是惠勒肆意碰撞科尔
Wheeler figures he can bump and bam Cole all he wants.
我没有看到他撞科尔
I don’t see Russ doing anything like that,
赛车会也没有发现他撞科尔
NASCAR doesn’t see Russ doing anything like that.
你和赛车会的专家
I guess it ain’t happening then,
都看不出来吧
under the watchful eyes of experts like you and NASCAR.
实情是这样
I tell you what is happening.
科尔跑得不好,他状态太差
Cole’s not running good, he’s not looking good,
赞助商不满意他的表现
and now he’s got sponsor trouble.
他们没有怪责你 -没有
But you don’t, is that it? – As far as that goes, no, I don’t.
但我想留着赞助商和科尔
But I want to keep the sponsor and Cole.
他为我们打江山
He’s the one that really made this happen for us
我没有忘本
and I haven’t forgotten that, Harry.
是吗
Right. Right.
跟医生通电♥话♥? 你们吵嘴?
You on the phone with the doc? Fighting?
不,她没时间谈话
She’s too busy to talk right now.
蒂姆·达兰德
Here’s your owner, Tim Daland.
你怎样看这位年轻车手
What do you think about this young man, Tim?
拉斯表现得很出色,我很满意
I think Russ ran a great race today. I’m really, really very pleased.
完成了102圈
One hundred and two laps complete,
车手暂时不准爬头
but we’re under caution here at North Wilkesboro.
为什么科尔不探望罗迪?
How come Cole hasn’t seen Rowdy yet?
科尔和所有车手一样
Cole’s no different from any other driver.
什么意思?
What do you mean he’s no different?
科尔当然不想见罗迪
Well, I mean, of course Cole doesn’t want to see Rowdy.
车手不想忆起跑道上的意外
Drivers can’t stand to be reminded of what can happen to them in a racecar.
他们不去医院,也不去葬礼
They don’t go to hospitals, they don’t go to funerals.
说服车手参加别人的葬礼…
You get a driver to a funeral before he’s actually dead,
是一件比登天还难的事 进来
you made history, Doc.
他挡着我 好极了
He’s blocking me. – That’s right.
蒂姆 走吧
Move the son of a bitch!
狗♥娘♥养♥的
Son of a bitch!
特里科勒右边两个车胎都爆了
Trickle moving to the bottom of the track with both right-side tires flat.
拉斯·惠勒第一位冲线
Russ Wheeler takes the checkered flag…
拉斯·惠勒胜之不武
Russ Wheeler don’t deserve to win, Tim.
赛车会和你都应该出来谴责他
If NASCAR won’t call it lowdown, shit-assed racing, you better.
赛车就是这样 -是吗
It’s just racing, Harry. – Oh, yeah?
科尔太小器了 -是吗
Cole overreacted. Yeah. – Oh, yeah?
换车胎
Change my tires.
为什么?赛事完了
I don’t know what for, Cole. It’s over.
换车胎
Change my tires.
维修站外面有事发生
There seems to be a little post-race activity just outside the pit lane.
可恶
You shit!
他毁了我两部车 两部车都被他毁了
He’s destroyed both my cars. He’s destroyed both my cars!
我炒他鱿鱼,炒你鱿鱼
He’s fired! You’re fired!
你们全都被炒鱿鱼,听到吗? 你们全都要被炒鱿鱼
You’re all fired. You hear me?
(希尔顿)
你拿行李,然后回医院?
Are you going to get your bags, head off to Daytona?
你去哪里?
Where are you going from here?
送你到机场,交还这部车
I’ll take you to the airport, drop off the rental car,
然后坐飞机回夏洛特
catch a flight to Charlotte.
要我陪你回去吗?
You want me to come with you?
你不用回医院?
You don’t have to go back to the hospital?
我们可以去探望罗迪 是
We could also try to see Rowdy. – Yeah.
有什么问题吗? 没问题
Is there anything wrong with that? – Of course not.
我只是忘记了 我知道
I guess I just forgot about that. – Yeah, I know.
科尔
Cole!
我要下车
Let me out of the car, Cole.
我要下车…
Let me out of the car, Cole. Let me out of the car.
我要下车 你不停车我也要下车
Let me out of the car! Let me out or I’m getting out.
嘿…
Hey! Hey, hey!
克莱尔 别走
Claire! Wait. Just wait.
别跟着来,我会报♥警♥
Get away or I’ll call the police. – You’ll what?
什么? -你听到的 报♥警♥吧
You heard me. – Okay, call the police.
我会跟着你等你说话
But I’m not leaving until you talk.
我无话可说 -我有话要说
I’ve got nothing to say. – Well, I do!
好,说吧
Okay, great. Let’s hear it.
就是这样?好
That’s it? Fine. – Just…
来吧 -你不应该开车 不要再去马路、跑道
You shouldn’t be driving a car anyway. Not on a road, not on a racetrack,
以及停车场
and not in a parking lot.
你自私、疯狂,你害怕
You’re selfish, you’re crazy and you’re scared.
我没有害怕 你怕得要死
I’m not scared. – You are scared to death.
你和罗迪一样
You and Rowdy, you have the same sickness. It’s called denial.
不肯面对现实迟早会没命
And it’s probably going to kill you both.
你说你想控制
You want to control something that’s out of control,
无法控制的局面
that’s what you said to me, wasn’t it?
让我告诉你
I’m going to let you in on a little secret
所有人都知道…
that almost everybody else in this world automatically knows.
我们不能控制
Control is an illusion, you infantile egomaniac.
也无法预知未来
Nobody knows what’s gonna happen next.
车、飞机、我们的身体 随时会出事
Not on a freeway, not in an airplane, not inside our own bodies,
四十个自大狂一起飚车 自然更危险
and certainly not on a racetrack with 40 other infantile egomaniacs.
没有人能控制任何事
Nobody knows and nobody controls anything.
你意识到这道理,于是你害怕
Now, you’ve gotten a glimpse of that and you’re scared.
你失去勇气
You might not have the courage to race anymore.
你再不能赛车
You may never have had it.
你真讨厌
God, I hate you for this, you son of a bitch.
你逼我板起面孔说教
You make me sound like a doctor.
珍妮
Jennie.
你为什么来了?
Why are you here?
他在哪里?
Where is he?
听说你失业了 -对
I hear you’re out of a job. – Yeah.