回夏洛特乡下卖♥♥二手车吧
Like used cars in downtown Charlotte.
不算太迟
Too close to call? – Yeah.
你迟到了 车有毛病
You’re late. – We had car trouble.
什么毛病?
What kind of car trouble?
是水箱有问题,对不对?
I believe it was the radiator. Wasn’t it, Cole?
对,该是这样
Yes, Rowdy, I believe it was.
蒂姆,你认识医院的职员吗?
Tim, do you know anybody at Daytona Memorial?
认识院长,为什么? 他是不是赛车迷?
The chief of staff. Why? – Is he a race fan?
他出生在南方
He was born in the South.
蒂姆想你和拉斯·惠勒见见面
Tim wanted you to meet Russ Wheeler.
他会暂时代替你为车队出赛
He’s gonna be driving for us till you get your medical clearance.
我感到很荣幸,特里科勒先生
It’s a real pleasure to race your car, Mr. Trickle.
谢谢你来帮忙
Yeah, thanks for helping out.
蒂姆… 我想知道一位医生的住址
Yeah, Tim, I need a home address of a doctor…
我的驾驶技术
I’m only sorry I won’t be able to drive it
比不上你
nearly as good as you though.
哈利,待会见
I’ll see you later, Harry.
医院那位医生…
Yeah, the doctor that…
那位…
That…
什么?
What?
我很想吸引你注意
I was desperate to get your attention.
你成功了,我的家变成森林
Well, you got it. I walked into a jungle.
很美丽…但我不能来 我是医生,我得随时应诊
No, it’s nicely extravagant, but really, I can’t. I’m a doctor on call.
我是病人 我和罗迪要检受检查
And I’m a patient. Somebody has to re-examine me. I need clearance.
来检查我们,我带你看赛车
Come up here and do that. I’ll take you to a race.
我不想在假期看你们转圈
Come on, I don’t want to watch you guys going round and round in circles,
像狗一样彼此追逐
chasing each other like a pack of dogs on my day off.
那你放假来追逐我吧
Then how about chasing me on your day off?
我没有假期,我要24小时应诊
I don’t have a day off. I’m on call 24 hours.
医生,假设你有两天假期…
Okay, Doctor, let’s suppose you had a couple of days off…
糖…
Sugar. Sugar.
又没有什么事要做
…with nothing else to do.
你想不想来北卡罗来纳乡村?
Could I interest you in the North Carolina countryside?
这是假设? 只是假设
Speaking theoretically? – Speaking theoretically.
可能吧,你得说服我上司
Maybe. But you’d have to convince my boss.
好…你有多高?
Good. Good. How tall are you?
他说什么?
What did he say?
医生,到夏洛特 检查那两个小子
“Doctor, fly to Charlotte and check those boys out.”
我的天 你迫不及待
Boy, you’re very quick.
你应该看看我赛车
You ought to see me drive.
罗迪不在这里
Rowdy’s not here.
我叫他五时来找我们
Well, I told him to meet us at the infield by 5:00.
我先替科尔检查吧
Well, we should probably get started on Cole.
闭上眼睛 手掌向上
Close your eyes. Palms up.
张开眼睛 垂下双手
Open your eyes. Arms down.
看着我的手指
Follow my finger.
站立,双脚靠拢,闭上眼睛
Stand with your feet together and close your eyes.
踏前一步 张开眼睛
Walk one foot in front of the other. Open your eyes.
回桌子
And back on the table.
真难受
This is tough.
检查总是难受的 -为什么?
Examinations always are. – Why’s that?
因为我可能会发现坏现象
Because I’m looking you over and I might not like what I see.
你会担心 凝视墙壁
That has to worry you. Pick a spot on the wall and look at it.
别动 -我没有动
Please, don’t move. Your eyes. – I didn’t move.
眼睛固定注视一个地方
Just focus on one spot.
你在看什么? 视网膜
What do you see? – The retina.
它怎样?
What does it look like?
很美丽
Very pretty, actually.
看够了吗? 差不多了
Seen enough? – Just about.
为什么那样做? 测试你的反应
What did you do that for? – It’s the Babinski sign.
脚趾向上翘便有问题
If the toe goes up, you’re in trouble.
你没事 穿上衣服,你可以参赛了
You’re fine. Put on your clothes. You’re cleared to race.
对不起,我无法控制自己
I’m sorry, it just drove me nuts in there.
你怎可以这么冷漠 我不是冷漠
How could you ignore me like that? – I wasn’t ignoring you!
我不是冷漠,我给你彻底检查
I wasn’t ignoring you. I gave you a very thorough physical.
你不会是想在我腿上做什么怪事吧
You’re not gonna do anything weird on my leg, are you, Cole?
不是
No.
我和哈利常常这样做
It’s just something Harry and I work on together.
这叫做透气方法
It’s called drafting.
两部车贴着行驶 会比一部车跑得快
One car tucks in behind another. Two cars can go faster than one.
它们能分担空气阻力
They divide the air resistance between them.
最有趣的地方是…
Now, here’s where it gets interesting.
前面的车要踩尽油门 才能保持速度
The lead car has to floor it to hit 200 miles an hour.
后面的车不必耗用太多燃料
But the car that’s stuck behind doesn’t.
它一样会跑得很快 还能保持后劲
He can go just as fast and still have power in reserve.
到了最后一个弯口
So, when these two cars come off that last turn,
后面的车跑出来
the car that’s in back can move out of the draft,
超越它前面的车,后来居上
and slingshot past the lead car, beat it to the finish line.
直闯凯♥旋♥大道
And he goes straight to Victory Lane.
你和哈利研究这战术? 是
You and Harry work on that, huh? – More or less.
是吗 除了赛车,你还想做什么?
Yeah, right. Is there anything you want to do besides racing?
我听从你的吩咐
Anything you say.
科尔,你一定还有其他
Cole, there must be something else
人生目标 迟早总会有
that you want to do in life, eventually.
让我告诉你我最不想做的事 我讨厌作弊
I can tell you what I don’t want to be in life, that’s a fraud.
我想证明我不是凭运气赛车
I want to know it’s not just dumb luck that gets me around that racetrack.
但你不是想问这个
But that’s not the question you’re really asking.
我想问什么?
What’s the question I’m really asking?
我怎么会跟这男人上♥床♥? -我知道答案
“How can I be in bed with this guy?” – I know the answer to that one.
但你仍然怀疑
Maybe, but you’re still asking it.
我这个聪明的脑科医生
“How could I, a brilliant brain doctor,
怎么会跟一个靠开车生活的男人上♥床♥?
“be in bed with a guy who drives a car for a living?”
你怎么回应?
What’s your response to that, by the way?
证明你的实力,令我尊敬你 来吧
Do something to make me respect you. Do it.
告诉我为何爱上赛车
Tell me what you love so much about racing.
追求速度
The speed.
控制速度
To be able to control it.
我能够控制不受控制的局面
To know that I can control something that’s out of control.
要证明给你看?
I’d really have to show you.
证明给我看
Show me.
小时候我不想留在这里耕田
It’s funny about this place. When I grew up, I hated farming.
我只想当赛车手 现在当了车手
All I wanted to do was work on racecars. Got into racing.
我只想存钱开农场
Now all I want to do is to make enough money to work on a farm.
克莱尔,我是珍妮,幸会
Hi, Claire, I’m Jennie. Nice to meet you.
幸会
Hi, nice to meet you.
科尔,你好 -珍妮
Hi, Cole. – Hey, Jennie.
我们打算在那山丘背后
Just beyond the top of that knoll,
盖一所房♥子
we’re going to build our permanent home.
那要花多少钱? -大约一千万元
Costs much to build up there? – About $10 million.
罗迪
Oh, Rowdy.
珍妮负责盖房♥子 她担任设计
Jennie’s gonna do the building. She’s designing the house.
我们想要没有人住过的新房♥子
We just want a place that nobody’s ever lived in but us.
对吗?
Isn’t that right, honey?
你怎么了? -晕船
Rowdy, what is it? – I think I’m getting seasick.
但你从来都不会晕船
Seasick? You’ve never been seasick a day in your life.
你不想接受检查?
You didn’t forget about the physical, did you?
我家族的人临死前才会看医生
Nobody in my family goes to a doctor unless they’re dying.
病了不算是一回事
Just ’cause you ain’t feeling good, shit.
站立,双脚靠拢
Stand with your feet together.
伸出双手
Put your arms out.
闭上眼睛
Close your eyes.
小心 放松
Take it easy. Take it easy.
我扶着你
I’m fine. I’m fine. – Yeah, I’ve got you.
我没事
I’m fine. I’m fine. – All right.
你要回医院
We’ve got to get you back to Daytona.
比尔·威尔赫,全球最知名的脑科医生 是我上司
Bill Wilhaire, the head of neurosurgery, is my boss.
他是最棒的
He’s as good as they come.
你在厕所呕吐? 没有
Did you get sick in there? – No.
他呕吐 -罗迪
He did, he got sick. – Rowdy.
没胆鬼,看到我晕你吓得想吐
You’re one hell of a candy-ass. I faint and you throw up.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!