大卫·伯恩的美国乌托邦
Here
这个部位
Here is a region
蕴含大量信息
Of abundant details
这个部位
Here is a region
极少被使用
That is seldom used
而这个部位
And here is a region
能继续存活
That continues living
即便其他部位
Even when the other
都被移除
Sections are removed
伸出手来
Put your hand out of your pocket
擦去额上的汗
Wipe the sweat off of your brow
连接已不通畅
Now it feels like a bad connection
无法接收信息
No more information now
当它流经神经元
As it passes through your neurons
如黑夜中的轻语
Like a whisper in the dark
抬眼望向爱你之人
Raise your eyes to one who loves you
你之所在 已是安处
It is safe right where you are
这块地方
Here is an area
充满困惑
Of great confusion
这片区域
Here is a section
精准无比
That’s extremely precise
这块地方
And here is an area
需集中精力调用
That needs attention
这条桥梁
Here’s the connection
联结彼此
To the opposite side
这里 众多声音
Here, too many sounds
等待大脑处理
For your brain to comprehend
这里整理声音
Here the sound gets organized
使其可被理解
Into things that make some sense
这里存在某种东西
Here there is something
我们称之幻觉
We call hallucination
究竟是真♥相♥
Is it the truth
抑或只是解读
Or merely a description?
此处
Here
就在此处
Here
谢谢 谢谢
Thank you. Thank you.
感谢大家前来观看演出
Thank you for coming.
感谢大家 感谢你们能从家里出来
Thank you for… Thank you for leaving your homes.
我叫大卫·伯恩
My name’s David Byrne.
谢谢
Thank you.
你们欢呼不是我的功劳
I can’t take any credit for that.
名字不是我自己取的
I had no choice in the matter.
前几天 我读到一些出乎意料
I read something, well, kinda surprising
又非常奇妙的东西
and amazing the other day.
我读到 婴儿大脑中的
I read that babies’ brains
神经连接数量要比成年人
have hundreds of millions more neural connections
多好几亿
than we do as adults,
随着我们长大
and that as we grow up,
这些连接会逐渐消失
we lose these connections.
于是我问自己 这意味着什么
So I wondered to myself, what does this mean?
这是否意味着婴儿比我们聪明
Does this mean that babies are smarter than we are
随着我们成长
and that as we grow up,
我们变得越来越蠢
we get stupider and stupider
直到我们触底
until we reach a…
达到一种稳定的愚蠢水平
a plateau of stupidity?
我们大多数人已经触底了
Which is where most of us are now.
其实
Well…
原因在于
what happens is…
我们只保留那些有用的连接
we keep the connections that are useful to us,
这是一个不断修剪和消除的过程
and, yes, there’s a process of pruning and elimination,
我们除去大量多余的连接
and we get rid of a lot of the others
而最后留下的那些连接
until the ones that are left
定义了我们的人格
define who we are as a person,
我们的身份
who we are as people.
它们决定我们理解世界的方式
They define how we perceive the world,
世界似乎对我们有了某种意义
and the world appears to make some kinda sense to us.
也许就是从那时起
And maybe round about that time
我们开始问自己各种各样的问题
we start asking ourselves various questions like,
我是谁
“Who am I?
我想要什么
“What do I want?
我该怎么办
“How do I work this?
那些人在做什么
“What are those people doing over there?
我是不是也该去做
“Should I be doing that?
他们在看我吗
“Are they looking at me?
他们和我一样吗
“Are they like me?
我要不要过去和他们聊天
“Should I go over and talk to them?
还是算了吧
Huh, maybe not.”
试图想明白
Try to figure this out,
是否一切
wondering if there’s,
都有迹可循
you know, wondering if there’s a logic to it
是否一切都有其道理
and wondering if it’s supposed to make some kinda sense.
I Know Sometimes a Man Is Wrong
我知道 人有时会迷失
I know sometimes a man is wrong
我知道 我有时会相信
I know sometimes I do believe
我知道 人有时会迷失
I know sometimes a man is wrong
我将会迷失
I’ll be wrong
直至你来到我身边
Until you’re next to me
我知道 这世界有时会乱套
I know sometimes the world is wrong
我知道 我有时会相信
I know sometimes I do believe
我知道 这世界有时会乱套
I know sometimes the world is wrong
他们将会迷失
They’ll be wrong
直至你来到我身边
Until you’re next to me
他们将会迷失
They’ll be wrong
直至你来到我身边
Until you’re next to me
Don’t Worry About the Government
我看见云朵飘过天空
I see the clouds that move across the sky
我看见微风吹走云朵
I see the wind that moves the clouds away
风把云朵赶到高楼旁
It moves the clouds over by the building
我挑选想住的那栋高楼
I pick the building that I want to live in
我嗅到林中松树和桃树的清香
I smell the pine trees and the peaches in the woods
我看见落在公路上的松果
I see the pine cones that fall by the highway
那正是通向那栋高楼的路
That’s the highway that goes to the building
我想住在那样的高楼中
That’s the building that I want to live in
就在那里
It’s over there
我住的高楼无比便利
My building has every convenience
那里的生活无比简单
It’s gonna make life easy for me
一切都能轻松搞定
It’s gonna be easy to get things done
我和亲人悠哉闲适
I will relax alone with my loved ones
亲人 亲人
Loved ones, loved ones
拜访高楼
Visit the building
开上公路 驶过公园
Take the highway, park
踏上高楼 与我见面
And come up and see me
我在工作
I’ll be working, working
但要是你来拜访
But if you come visit
我会抛下手头的事
I’ll put down what I’m doing
我的朋友至关重要
My friends are important
你可别担心我
Don’t you worry ’bout me
我不会太担心
I wouldn’t worry about me
你可别担心我
Don’t you worry ’bout me
你可别担心我
Don’t you worry ’bout me
我看见全国上下各州
I see the states across this big nation
我看见特区颁布法案
I see the laws made in Washington, D.C.
我想到我最欣赏的那些人
I think of the ones I consider my favorites
我想到那些为我工作的人
I think of the people that are working for me
一些人♥民♥公仆正如我的亲人
Some civil servants are just like my loved ones
工作卖♥♥力 坚韧不拔
They work so hard, and they try to be strong
我能住在高楼真是幸运万分
I’m a lucky guy to live in my building
高楼属于他们 助他们前进
They own these buildings to help them along
就在那里
It’s over there
我住的高楼无比便利
My building has every convenience
那里的生活无比简单
It’s gonna make life easy for me