We must hold our nerve.
只发出我们打算决战到底的信♥号♥♥
Signal only that we intend to fight it out until the end.
和谈请求
A peace offer
-会显示出我们的软弱 -同意
– telegraphs our weakness. – Agreed.
即使被打败
And even if we were beaten,
我们的下场也比
we should be no worse off than we should be
现在就放弃抗争要强
if we were now to abandon the struggle.
因此我们不能
Let us therefore avoid
被和平协商之谈
being dragged down the slippery slope
拖下滑坡
with talk of a negotiated peace.
滑坡 唯一的…
Slippery slope? The only…
-我怀疑意大利和德国… -唯一的滑坡
– I suspect Italy and Germany… – The only slippery slope…
希望把我们深深地卷入和谈
…wish to get us so deeply involved in negotiations
-这样我们就无法翻盘了 -荒唐
– that we should be unable to turn back. – Nonsense.
-巴斯提亚尼尼告诉我 -我提议
– Bastianini informed me… – I propose…
-唯一的滑坡… -能不能别在我
– The only slippery slope… – Would you stop interrupting me
打断你的时候打断我
while I am interrupting you?
选择战时内阁的时候 我非常谨慎地
When I chose my War Cabinet, I took great care
在自己身边安排了很多老对手
to surround myself with old rivals.
可能我做过头了
I may have overdone it.
哈利法克斯子爵
Viscount Halifax,
你提出的方法…不仅是…
the approach you propose is… It’s not only…
是徒劳的
It’s futile.
还会使我们陷入致命的危险
But it involves us in a deadly danger.
现在的致命危险
The deadly danger here
是战斗到底的浪漫幻想
is this romantic fantasy of fighting to the end.
这个”底”在哪里
What is the end,
不就是毁灭一切吗
if not the destruction of all things?
如果可以避免战斗
There’s nothing heroic
却坚持战斗 那就毫无英勇可言
in going down fighting if it can be avoided.
若死亡的可能性极大
Nothing even remotely patriotic
那不成功便成仁就和爱国一点都不沾边
in death or glory if the odds are firmly on the former.
面对一场我们显然在吃败仗的战争
Nothing inglorious in trying to shorten a war
努力缩短战时没什么不光彩的
that we are clearly losing.
吃败仗 欧洲依然…
Losing? Europe is still…
欧洲已失
Europe is lost.
在我们的兵力被彻底消灭之前
And before our forces are wiped out completely,
现在是时候谈判了
now is the time to negotiate,
以尽可能获得最好的结果
in order to obtain the best conditions possible.
希♥特♥勒♥不会坚持提出离谱的条件
Hitler will not insist on outrageous terms.
他知道自己的劣势
He will know his own weaknesses.
他会讲理的
He will be reasonable.
你们何时才能吸取教训
When will the lesson be learned?
你们何时才能吸取教训
When will the lesson be learned?
还要向多少独♥裁♥者
How many more dictators must be,
恳求 让步
wooed, appeased,
或者是授予巨大的特权
good God, given immense privileges
我们才会吸取教训
before we learn?
当老虎咬着你的头时
You cannot reason with a tiger
你是无法和它讲道理的
when your head is in its mouth!
首相
Prime Minister.
温斯顿 温斯顿
Winston. Winston.
昨天 你允许了…
Yesterday, you gave permission…
允许什么
What permission?
允许我见巴斯提亚尼尼
For me to meet Bastianini.
-我认可理论上探讨… -理论上
– I sanctioned the theoretical exploration… – Theoretical?
意大利会提出的条件 仅此而已
…of what price Italy would ask. Nothing more.
-我没有认可任何… -如果你不允许
– I did not sanction any… – If you will not permit
进一步探讨和平协议
further exploration of a peace agreement,
那我就辞职
then you will have my resignation.
别傻了 爱德华
Don’t be absurd, Edward.
-我需要你 你知道的 -我不会
– I need you. You know I do. – I will not stand by
眼睁睁看着又一代年轻人死于
to watch another generation of young men die
你狂妄的祭坛之上
at the bloody altar of your hubris.
那你就会让我们像羔羊一样任人宰割
Oh, and you would have us die as lambs!
加里波利对你来说还不够吗
Was Gallipoli not enough for you?
你好大的胆子
How dare you!
我们的军队当时在佛兰德斯艰苦奋战
Our troops were chewing barbed wire in Flanders,
我都看见了
and I saw it!
开辟第二战场 从侧翼包围土耳其人
Opening a second front, outflanking the Turks
是经过深思熟虑的军事策略
was a serious military idea,
本来很可能会奏效 如果…
and it could have damn well worked if the…
如果海军上将和第一海务大臣
if the admirals and the First Sea Lord
没有因为犹豫而贻误战机
hadn’t dithered away our element of surprise.
选择权在你 温斯顿
Choice is yours, Winston.
你有24小时的时间进入和平谈判
You have 24 hours to enter into peace talks,
否则我就辞职
or I shall resign.
[强效镇痛剂]
我告诉他了
I told him.
他动摇了
It shook him.
我想也是
I imagine it did.
给了他24小时
Gave him 24 hours.
我觉得他不会同意 所以我会先辞职
I don’t expect he’ll agree, so I shall resign first.
然后是你 这步至关重要
You then follow, that’s critical
如果我们想让议会发起不信任动议
if we’re to trigger a vote of no confidence in the House.
我来宣布
I shall announce it.
国王会支持我们的
The king will back us.
首相
Prime Minister.
我们能不能安排您
I wonder if we might schedule you
向外阁致辞
to address the Outer Cabinet.
今天 海军部下达了命令
Today, the Admiralty have made an order
要求所有长度在9米到30米之间的
requesting all owners of self-propelled pleasure craft
自航游艇的所有者
between 30 and 100 feet in length
立即将船只详情发到海军部
to send all particulars to the Admiralty immediately…
致尼可逊准将
To Brigadier Nicholson.
加来 第三十步兵旅
30 Infantry Brigade, Calais.
你们
Every hour
所坚持的每一小时
you continue to exist
都是对我们在敦刻尔克的军队
is of the greatest help
最大的帮助
to our forces at Dunkirk.
对你们顽强的坚守
Have the greatest possible admiration
致以最高的赞扬
for your splendid stand.
即便如此 你们仍然
Your evacuation, however,
不许撤退
will not take place.
我重申
I repeat,
不许撤退
will not take place.
签名
Sign.
给 给
Here. Here.
我可以离开一下吗
May I be excused?
不可以
You may not.
这是怎么了
What is this about?
我们不知道任何信息
No one tells us anything.
全部都是机密
It’s all classified.
有些只言片语 还不如什么都不知道
We hear scraps, and it’s worse than knowing nothing.
你想知道什么
What would you like to know?
会有多少人活下来
How many men will survive?
跟我来
Come with me.
我没有进入地图室的权限
I’m not allowed in the Map Room.
-现在允许你进来 -首相
– Well, you are now. – Prime Minister.
稍息 先生们
At ease, gentlemen.
德军控制了所有法国港口
The German army controls every French port
除了敦刻尔克和西边的加来
except Dunkirk here and Calais here to the west,
那边由尼可逊准将带领的驻防军团
where the garrison under Brigadier Nicholson
正在吸引德军♥火♥力
is drawing fire
拖延他们向敦刻尔克进军
and delaying the German advance on Dunkirk.
我方军队两边都陷入重围
At both points, our troops are encircled.
如今 我们仍然在努力
Now, we are still trying
清理敦刻尔克港的沉船
to clear Dunkirk Harbor of wrecked ships
好让船只可以靠岸
so that we can then land the boats we need to get
将我方士兵从海滩上撤走
our boys off those beaches.
但是敌军不停对我们发动空袭
But enemy aircraft is attacking us constantly.