Perhaps, Halifax wanted Halifax.
那我为什么被迫去请丘吉尔
Then why have I been forced to send for Churchill?
因为他是我们党内
Because he is the only member of our party
唯一有反对党支持的人
who has the support of the Opposition.
他的履历就是一连串的灾难
His record is a litany of catastrophe.
加里波利战役 死亡两万五千人
Gallipoli, 25,000 dead,
印度政策 俄♥国♥内战
the India policy, the Russian Civil War,
金本位制
the Gold Standard,
国王退位 还有目前在挪威的作战
the abdication and now this Norway adventure.
有多少人 一千八百吗
What’s that, 1,800 men?
一艘航母 两艘巡洋舰
One aircraft carrier, two cruisers,
七艘驱逐舰和一艘潜艇
seven destroyers and a submarine.
温斯顿缺乏判断力
Winston lacks judgment.
他对希♥特♥勒♥的判断是正确的
He was right about Hitler.
就算是停摆的钟一天也会对两次
Well, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
第一海军大臣 温斯顿·丘吉尔先生
First Lord of the Admiralty, Mr. Winston Churchill.
来这么早
Early.
是因为渴望
Keen.
我接受你的辞职
I accept your resignation,
但我想让你知道
but I want you to know how…
我觉得你受到了残忍♥的对待
cruelly I think you’ve been treated.
谢谢 陛下
Thank you, Your Majesty.
这边请 阁下
Oh, this way, My Lord.
陛下
Your Majesty.
丘吉尔先生
Mr. Churchill.
我想你知道
I believe you know
我今天请你来这里的原因
why I have asked you here today.
陛下 我实在想不出来
Sir, I simply cannot imagine why.
我有义务邀请您
It is my duty to invite you
担任这个联合王国的首相职位
to take up the position of prime minister of this United Kingdom.
你愿意组阁吗
Will you form a government?
我愿意
I will.
很好
Very well.
还挺顺利的
Well, that was quite easy.
没错
Yes, it was.
据我所知 我们需要定期见面
I believe we are to meet regularly.
恐怕要每周一次
Once a week, I’m afraid.
周一…
How is…
每周一你看如何
How are you for Mondays?
我会尽力每周一抽出空来
I shall endeavor to be available on Mondays.
四点行吗
4:00?
我四点小憩
I nap at 4:00.
这符合规定吗
Is that permissible?
不 但很有必要
No. But necessary.
我工作到很晚
I work late.
那不如午餐时间
Then perhaps lunchtime.
午餐
Lunch?
每周一吗
Mondays?
告退 陛下
Your Majesty.
再见 首相
Prime Minister.
-我们能再靠近一点吗 -丘吉尔先生
– Can we get any closer? – Mr. Churchill!
晚上好 先生们
Good evening, gentlemen.
丘吉尔先生 欢迎来到唐宁街十号♥
Mr. Churchill, welcome to Number Ten.
谢谢你 先生
Thank you, sir.
丘吉尔先生 您有哪些议程
Mr. Churchill, what’s your agenda?
议程[日程] 喝一杯宝禄爵香槟
The agenda? A glass of Pol Roger.
-再见[干杯] -看这边 先生
– Cheers. – Over here, sir!
你们会照到相片的
You’ll-you’ll have your pictures.
首相大人
Prime Minister.
安东尼
Anthony.
国王怎么样
How is the king?
焦虑
Anxious.
他从未原谅我支持
He’s never forgiven me for supporting
他的哥哥和沃利斯·辛普森结婚
his brother’s marriage to Wallis Simpson.
您只需每周见他一次
You only have to meet him once a week.
但这就像是说
Oh, but that’s like saying
你每周只需拔一次牙
you only have to have your tooth pulled once a week.
您的战时内阁成员
Composition of your War Cabinet.
谁应该列席
Who should sit on it?
当然要有张伯伦
Yeah. Chamberlain, of course.
尊敬的霍利福克斯[圣狐]
The Reverend Holy Fox.
哈利法克斯
Halifax.
把敌人放在身边吗
Keeping your enemies close?
不止这点
Oh, more than that.
没有他们 政党会把我赶走
Without them, the party will have rid of me.
还有那披着羊皮的羊 艾德礼
Oh, and that sheep in sheep’s clothing, Attlee.
快来 爸爸 大家都在等你
Come on, Daddy. Everyone’s waiting.
我马上就过去 亲爱的
Yes, I’ll be there in a jiffy, my love.
我听说在请你任职之前
I heard that before you were asked,
他们邀请过哈利法克斯子爵
they offered it to Lord Halifax.
我深表怀疑
Oh, I doubt that.
哈利法克斯绝不会拒绝
Halifax would never turn it down.
他是伯爵的第四子
He’s the fourth son of an earl.
第四子从来不会拒绝
Fourth sons turn nothing down.
我希望您是在更好的时机得到任命 先生
I wish the position had come your way in better times, sir.
您面临着艰巨的任务
You have an enormous task ahead of you.
我只希望现在还不迟
I only hope it’s not too late.
我非常担心现在已经迟了
I’m very much afraid it is.
但是我们只能竭尽全力 不是吗
But we can only do our best, hmm?
-一二 -万岁
– Hip hip! – Hurray!
天哪
Oh, heavens!
真是可怕的场面
What a frightful sight.
-祝酒 -致辞
– A toast. – Yes, a speech.
-没错 -妈妈
– Yes. – Mama.
好吧
Yes.
我亲爱的丈夫
My darling husband.
你们有的可能还不知道
Some of you may not know that
我们婚礼的前一晚 我临阵退缩了
on the eve of our marriage, I got cold feet.
可当时21岁的我已经悔过两次婚了
But as I’d already called off two engagements by the age of 21
濒临被大家称为逃婚者的边缘
and was in danger of gaining a reputation for being a bolter
如果再取消一次就不妙了
it would have been poor form to call off a third.
说得没错
Hear, hear.
爸爸走运了
Lucky for Daddy.
但我退缩的真正原因
But the real reason for my wintery feet
是我那时就知道
was that I knew, even then,
他总会优先考虑公职
that his priority would be public life.
这让一个年轻女孩很是担心
But it worried a young girl greatly,
一想到永远排第二位就难受
this wretched thought of eternally coming second.
可结果证明确实是这样
But so it has proven to be.
到一定时候 我们的孩子也必须
And in due course, our children would have to make their peace
在相同问题上妥协
with this same fact.
我们都接受了现实
We all did, you see.
以我们各自的方式
In our own way.
如今 我们获得了回报
And now, today, we are to receive our reward.
证明我们微小的牺牲
Proof that our small sacrifice
是为了更加伟大的事业
was for a far, far greater good.
敬你们的父亲
I give you your father,
我亲爱的丈夫 首相大人
my beloved husband, the Prime Minister.
首相大人
The Prime Minister.
敬
Here’s to,
敬不要搞砸
to not buggering it up.
敬不要搞砸
To not buggering it up.
进攻比利时是他们的策略
Belgium was a ploy.
他们冲过阿登高地直往法国
They punched through the Ardennes into France.
不到24小时就渡过默兹河
Crossed the Meuse River in under 24 hours.
没人能在24小时内渡过默兹河
No one can cross the Meuse in 24 hours.
显然德国人可以
Well, apparently the Germans can.
注意张伯伦的手帕
Look to Chamberlain’s handkerchief.
如果他在丘吉尔讲话后挥舞手帕
If he waves it at the end of Churchill’s speech,
我们就表示赞成
we show approval.
如果没有 就保持安静