– Prime Minister. – Good day, gentlemen.
首相
Prime Minister…
我马上要对外阁发表演讲
I-I’m about to, speak to my Outer Cabinet in my rooms,
如果你们有人想参加
and I extend the invitation to any of you
我很欢迎
who would care to join them.
-走吧 -走吧
– Let’s go. – Let’s go.
今天中午
This afternoon,
我本应该就国♥家♥安♥全♥问题
I shall address the House
向下院进行陈述
on the matter of our nation’s security.
与此同时 战时内阁
At this very moment, the War Cabinet
正在起草与希♥特♥勒♥先生
is drafting papers that lay out a willingness
进行和谈的请♥愿♥书
to enter into peace talks with Herr Hitler,
经由他的
via his
他的哈巴狗 墨索里尼
his lackey, Mussolini.
最近几天我一直在认真考虑
I have thought very carefully in these last days
是否有义务
whether it was part of my duty
考虑和那个人
to consider entering into negotiations with…
进行协商
with that man.
但后来
But then I…
我跟
I spoke with
奥利弗·威尔逊
Oliver Wilson,
杰茜·萨顿夫人
Mrs. Jessie Sutton,
阿比盖尔·沃克夫人
Mrs. Abigail Walker,
马库斯·彼得斯
Marcus Peters,
莫里斯·贝克
Maurice Baker,
艾丽斯·辛普森
Alice Simpson
以及玛格丽特·杰尔姆小姐谈了谈
and Miss Margaret Jerome.
都是我们国家勇敢 善良 忠实的公民
Brave, good, true citizens of this kingdom.
他们坚定地表示如果我们不战斗到底
And they argued strongly that it was idle to think,
而是现在就进行和谈
if we tried to make peace now,
这就是无稽之谈
we should get better terms than if we fought it out.
贝克先生认为
The Germans, Mr. Baker felt,
德国人将以裁军的名义
would demand, in the name of disarmament,
控制我们的海军基地 甚至更多
our naval bases and much else,
我认为他是对的
and I think he’s right.
以杰茜·萨顿为代表的很多人
Jessie Sutton, speaking for many,
认为我们将会变成一个
believes we would then become a…
一个奴隶国家
a slave state.
英国政♥府♥将成为希♥特♥勒♥的傀儡
A British government which would be Hitler’s puppet.
政♥府♥将在莫斯利这类人的
A government set up under Mosley
-掌控之下 -不 不
– or some such person. – No, no.
我然后又问了他们一个问题
And I join with them in asking a further question.
现在我把这个问题丢给你们
A question I now put to you.
当所有这一切终结时我们会身处何方
Where should we be at the end of all that?
有些人可能从中得利
Some might benefit.
我是说 强者可能会谈得好条件
I mean, the powerful might be able to parlay good terms,
藏在他们自己的乡村堡垒中
preserved in their country redoubts,
看不到绘有纳粹标识的飞机
out of sight of the swastika flying over
从白金汉宫的上空飞过
over Buckingham Palace!
从温莎飞过
Over Windsor!
在每一栋建筑上投掷炸♥弹♥
And, draped on these very buildings!
-绝不 绝不 -不行 不行
– Never! Never! – No! No!
所以我来找你们
So I come to you…
我来找你们
I come to you
了解你们在这紧要时刻的想法
to learn your minds in this grave hour.
我新结识的朋友们
You see, it was pointed out to me
让我意识到 倘若我有一瞬间
by my new friends that you might even rise up
考虑妥协或者投降的话
and tear me down were I for one moment
你们可能会愤然而起把我大卸八块
to contemplate parlay or surrender.
他们说错了吗
Were they wrong?
没错
No!
-他们说错了吗 -没错
– Were they wrong? – No!
他们说错了吗
Were they wrong?
-没错 -谢谢 谢谢各位
– No! – Thank you. Thank you.
我听到你们的心声了
Then I have heard you.
我都听到了
I have heard you.
看来你们也认为
It appears to be your will also
如果我们悠久的岛国历史终将画上句点
that if this long island story of ours is to end at last,
那么只有当我们所有人倒在这片土地上
then let it end only when each one of us
被自己的鲜血封喉时才行
lies choking in his own blood upon the ground!
-对 -说得好
– Yes! – Bravo!
太好了
Yes.
当我问及他们的想法时
And when I asked to know their minds,
考虑到集♥会♥的性质
there occurred a demonstration which,
有一些显露出的事情
considering the character of the gathering,
让我挺惊讶的
quite surprised me.
但毋庸置疑 如果我们在领导国家时
There is no doubt that if we falter at all
犹豫不决的话
in the leading of the nation,
我们都应该被扔出办公室
we should all be hurled out of office.
我确定既然议会两党的
I am sure now that every minister
各位大臣已经做好
on both sides of the House
很快就要牺牲性命
is ready to be killed quite soon,
家破人亡的准备
and have all his family and possessions destroyed,
但绝不愿意投降
rather than give in.
在这方面他们几乎代表了全国人♥民♥
In this, they represent almost all the people.
在接下来的日子里表达他们情感的责任
And it falls to me in these coming days and months
就落在了我的肩上
to express their sentiments.
绝不接受谈判得来的和平
There shall be no negotiated peace.
在座的各位
And you must each do now
请自便吧
as you see fit.
抱歉 先生们
If you will excuse me, gentlemen,
我要去议会演讲了
I believe I am due to address Parliament.
我的演讲稿还一字没写呢
And I have yet to write a word of my speech.
火柴在这呢
There’s the buggers.
-蒂尼 -首相
– Tiny. – Sir.
-莱顿小姐 -阁下
– Miss Layton. – Sir.
我需要你
I am in need of you.
我们俩现在必须辞职 强行开始不信任投票
We must both now resign, force a vote of no confidence.
咱们还是先跟同僚一起
Well, let us go to the Commons first,
去下议院看看
join our colleagues.
然后在首相演讲之后发言
Then speak after the Prime Minister’s address.
这是一位常年疲惫不堪的女人
Here is a woman who’s always tired,
因为她的生活对她要求太多
for she lives a life where too much is required.
请首相发言
The Prime Minister.
我们再来谈谈敌军入侵的问题
Turning once again to the question of invasion,
我要说 在千百年的漫长岁月里
I would observe that there has never been a period
从来没有我们夸下海口
in all these long centuries of which we boast
向我们的国民保证
when an absolute guarantee against invasion
绝对不遭受任何入侵的时候
could have been given to our people.
说得对
Hear, hear.
但我本人
But I have myself
充满信心 如果所有人都忠于职守
full confidence that if all do their duty,
不出任何纰漏
if nothing is neglected,
凡事都像现在这样
and the best arrangements are made,
安排周密的话
as they are being made,
我们就能再次证明
we shall prove ourselves once more able
我们能保家卫国
to defend our island home.
能在战争的风暴中胜出
To ride out the storm of war
在暴♥政♥的威胁中生存下来
and to outlive the menace of tyranny.
如果有必要
If necessary,
那就打持久战
for years,
如果有必要
if necessary,
那就孤军奋战
alone.
无论如何 这就是我们
At any rate, that is what we are
努力要做的事
are going to try to do.
这就是英王政♥府♥
That is the resolve of His Majesty’s Government,
-每个人的决心 -请向右转
– every man of them. – To your right, please.
这就是
That is the will
议会以及全国人♥民♥的意愿
of Parliament and the nation.
说得对
Hear, hear.
大英帝国

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!