霍利迪先生,你知道在1981年
Mr. Holliday, you’re aware that in 1981
3 M通知杜邦公♥司♥已经对老鼠进行了研究。
3M notified DuPont that it had conducted studies on rats.
这些研究表明
And these studies showed
持续的C-8暴露会导致面部畸形?
that sustained C-8 exposure can cause facial deformities?
我不知道有3 m的研究。
I’m not aware of a study by 3M.
杜邦自己的研究在人类身上也有同样的表现吗?
How about DuPont’s own studies that showed the same thing in humans?
这是杜邦公♥司♥1981年的妊娠研究。
That’s DuPont’s pregnancy study from 1981.
这看起来像杜邦的文件吗?
Does that look like a DuPont document to you?
它看起来是。
It looks to be.
你是否知道杜邦公♥司♥否认了任何此类研究
Are you aware that DuPont has denied that any such study
甚至发生过吗?
ever even took place?
我不太熟悉我们的具体陈述。
I’m not familiar with specific statements we’ve made about that.
七个怀孕的女人,所有的杜邦员工,
Seven pregnant women, all DuPont employees,
全都来自于特氟龙线。
all from the Teflon line.
你看到这里了吗?
Do you see this here?
“孩子,四个月,一个鼻孔,
“Child, four months, one nostril,
-眼睛缺陷。-是的。
– “eye defect.” – Yes.
七名女性中有两名,近30%生下了孩子
Two of the seven women, nearly 30%, gave birth
对于那些有面部畸形的婴儿你的公♥司♥
to babies that had the exact facial deformities that your company
-我们已经知道了。-我们已经做完了。
– already knew about. – We’re done here.
先生。
Sir.
他的父母给他起名叫Bucky。
His parents named him Bucky.
Bucky Bailey。
Bucky Bailey.
这是你的受体。
This is your receptor.
现在我们做完了。
Now we’re done.
环境保护署开出了最大罚单
The Environmental Protection Agency has levied the largest fine
在代理历史上反对化学巨头杜邦公♥司♥。
in agency history against the chemical giant, DuPont.
美国环境保护署的结论是该公♥司♥没有报告C-8的健康危害
The EPA concluded the company failed to report the health dangers of C-8
用于生产聚四氟乙烯。
used in the manufacture of Teflon.
杜邦公♥司♥将支付环保局1650万。
Dupont will pay the EPA 16.5 million.
它每年从特氟隆获得十亿美元的利润。
It earns a billion dollars in profits from Teflon each year.
回顾一下,
To recap,
我们已经同意杜邦公♥司♥将清洁当地的供水系统。
we’ve agreed that DuPont will clean local water supplies.
在所有6个水区安装渗透系统。
Install infiltration systems in all six water districts.
此外,杜邦公♥司♥将向这门课支付7000万英镑的现金。
Additionally, DuPont will pay 70 million in cash to the Class.
在Teflon线上有三天的收入。
Three days’ revenue on the Teflon line.
这就留下了我们最具挑战性的问题,医疗监控。
Which leaves our most challenging issue. Medical monitoring.
我们已经同意建立一个独♥立♥的科学小组
We’ve agreed to establish an independent science panel
由三位科学家组成,他们与任何一方都没有关系。
comprised of three scientists who have no relationship to either side.
这个独♥立♥的小组将研究这门课的成员
This independent panel will study the members of this Class
确定C-8暴露是否导致了更多的事故
to determine whether C-8 exposure has led to increased incidents
这一地区的疾病。
of disease in this region.
如果小组发现有可能的科学♥联♥♥系♥
If the panel finds that there are probable scientific links
对于一种特殊的疾病,每个人的健康
to a particular disease, the health of everyone in the Class
会永久地监测这种疾病
will be monitored for that disease in perpetuity
以杜邦公♥司♥的成本,最高可达2.35亿欧元。
at DuPont’s cost, up to 235 million.
任何一个患有这种疾病的人
And any Class member who develops that disease
可以起诉杜邦公♥司♥赔偿损失。
can sue DuPont for damages.
然而……
However…
如果科学小组未能建立起可能的科学♥联♥♥系♥,
If the science panel fails to establish probable scientific links,
然后这个案子就结束了。
then this case is over.
没有监控,没有诉讼,没有例外。
No monitoring. No lawsuits. No exceptions.
很好,先生们,你们现在正式掌握在科学的手中。
Good. Well, gentlemen, you are now officially in the hands of science.
好吧,我不会把你当作麦泰人的。
Well, wouldn’t have pegged you as a Mai Tai guy.
-很有节日气氛。-也不会把你和你联♥系♥在一起。
– It’s festive. – Wouldn’t have pegged you for that either.
我们有事情要庆祝,是吗?
We have something to celebrate. Yeah?
是吗?
Do we?
看,我们怎么知道小组会证明
Look, how do we know that the panel’s gonna prove
杜邦公♥司♥让这些人生病了吗?
that DuPont made all these people sick?
我不是科学家,但即使我知道你也需要
I’m no scientist, but even I know you’d need
大量的医疗数据,更不用说了
huge amounts of medical data, not to mention
成千上万的血样和。
thousands of blood samples and…
不相信我们的人。
From people who don’t trust us.
“嘿,伙计们,我们想用针扎你。你不会介意的,好吗?”
“Hey, folks, we wanna stick you with some needles. You won’t mind, will ya?”
我认识这些人,你知道的。
I know these people, you know.
他们会拿钱走人。
They’re gonna take the money and run.
不是吗?
Wouldn’t you?
我认为他们想要的不仅仅是钱,我想他们。
I think they want more than just the money. I think they…
他们想知道他们是否会生病。
They wanna know if they’re gonna get sick or not.
或者如果他们的血液中有C-8,这是怎么做的
Or if they have C-8 in their blood, and what that’s gonna do
给他们和他们的家人。
to them and their families.
所以,我们相信他们会出现吗?
So, we’re just gonna trust that they show up?
-信任,但要验证。-这是什么意思,罗伯?
– Trust, but verify. – What does that mean, Rob?
好吧,来参加考试吧。
Well, come in for an exam.
嗯,给我们一个血样。
Um, give us a blood sample.
然后,我们会把你的支票给你。
Then, we’ll give you your check.
再想一想,把我的东西变成麦台。
On second thought, make mine a Mai Tai.
请四处走动。
All around, please.
-罗伯-比洛特。-是的。
– Rob Bilott. – Yeah.
你从哪里把它拉出来的?
Where’d you pull that out of?
健康的饮用水对我们所有人都是至关重要的。
Healthy drinking water is vital to all of us.
这就是为什么科学家需要知道C-8化学物质
That’s why scientists need to know if the chemical C-8
引起任何健康问题。
causes any health problems.
从今天开始,你可以通过完成一份健康问卷来帮助你。
Starting today, you can help by completing a health questionnaire and having…
哦,来吧!
Oh, come on!
医疗车在市中心,你呢?
…medical van’s downtown. Well, how about you?
-你要验血吗?-不,我讨厌打♥针♥。
– You gonna get your blood tested? – Nah. I hate needles.
这是400美元,伙计。
It’s $400, buddy.
真的吗?
Really?
引起了你的注意,不是吗?
Got your attention, didn’t I?
好的,好的,好的。
Okay. Okay. All right. All right.
是的,那就行了。
Yeah. That’ll work.
我们把它们带回来。
We bring them back here.
抽血,递给他们一张支票。
Draw the blood, hand them a check.
-400美元?-每个。
– $400? – Each.
这里有很多钱。
Lots of money around here.
你今天带了多少人,卢安小姐?
How many you brought with you today, Miss LUAnn?
我的丈夫,我的三个孩子,还有我。
My husband, and my three kids, and me.
2,000美元。
$2,000.
-在圣诞节前还不算太寒酸。-是的。
– Not too shabby right before Christmas. – Yup.
但你什么也找不到。
But you ain’t gonna find nothing.
杜邦的好人,你会看到的。
DuPont’s good people. You’ll see.
吉吉,吉吉,吉吉!
Gigi, Gigi, Gigi!
轮到你把天使放在上面了。
It’s your turn to put the angel on the top.
-你做了,亲爱的。-吉吉太过了。
– You do it, sweetie. – Gigi’s too pooped.
你为什么不让你的叔叔给你一个鼓励呢?
Why don’t you get your Uncle Ben to give you a boost?
-哦-妈妈,你没事吧?
– Ooh. – Mom, you okay?
是的。
Yeah.
说真的,它是巨大的。
Seriously, it’s huge.
他们今年会让你成为合伙人,我知道。
They’re gonna be making you partner this year. I know it.
好吧,他们最好。我的意思是……
Well, they’d better. I mean…
妈妈,快来看!
Mommy, come see!
嘿,宝贝,你把那个装饰品挂了吗?
Hey, baby, did you hang that ornament?
-罗伯,你能得到吗?-让我看看。
– Rob, can you get that? – Let me see.
好吧,我来了。
Okay, I’m coming.
喂?
Hello?
-罗伯,你坐下来了吗?-拉里,怎么了?
– Rob, you sitting down for this? – Larry, what’s wrong?
-六万九千-六万九千什么?
– Sixty-nine thousand. – Sixty-nine thousand what?
六万九千人接受了测试,六万九千人!
Sixty-nine thousand people got tested. Sixty-nine thousand!
你知道这是多少数据吗?
Do you realize how much data this is?
这是我们需要的,罗伯!就是这样!
It’s what we needed, Rob! This is it!
-哦,我的天。-你一直都是对的,我的朋友。
– Oh, my God. – You were right all along, my friend.
-圣诞快乐!-谢谢!
– Merry Christmas! – Thank you!
-当然。-谢谢!
– You bet. – Thank you!
说得很快。
Talk real soon.
-嘿,那是谁?-你不会相信的。
– Hey, who was that? – You won’t believe it.
-爸爸,你猜我刚做了什么?-什么?你刚刚做了什么?
– Daddy, guess what I just did? – What? What’d you just do?
我把天使放在最上面。
I put the angel on the top.
-是吗?-本叔叔把我抱了起来。
– Yeah? – Uncle Ben lifted me.
是吗?像这样?哦!
He did? Like this? Oh!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!